Disgaea 2 Pre-Order Deal Through NIS *Sets Shipping*

hohez

CAGiversary!
http://www.nisamerica.com/news/20060720.html

Are you enjoying the summer season? Well get ready to turn up the heat on those summertime blues! Yes! Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories is primed to take the gaming world by storm one short month from now! Are you ready for it?
As you already know, NIS America always has something very special for you when you pre order our games. But, this time we are afraid we may exceed your expectations! For Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories, we have prepared a Limited edition Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories pre-order sets for you!
We'll be packing in the Japanese Limited edition Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories Art Book and Disgaea™ Manga, freshly from Japan!

You won't find a deal like this anywhere else! You'll have to check out the NIS America Online Store to get in on our incredible offer! The Pre-order will begin on August 1st at 10am PST! NIS America is very excited to provide this fantastic collectibles to our best fans!

Attention! The Disgaea™2 Art Book is limited to 1000 copies. So, Don't miss this chance to get your hands on it!

Here are the actual sets:

Disgaea 2 Complete Set $74.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Disgaea Manga
Disgaea 2 Strategy Guide
Art Book
Prinny Cursor
Manual Download
Best of Disgaea 2 Soundtrack

Disgaea 2 Gamer Set $65.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Disgaea 2 Guide
Art Book
Soundtrack
Prinny Cursor
Manual Download

Disgaea 2 By Itself $49.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Soundtrack
Manual Download
Prinny Cursor

It starts August 1 at 12 noon Central time.

Heres the front/spine/back cover of the official guide:

Also if you don't want to wait for the guide, or you don't want to spend $75, you can Pre-Order the guide through Doublejumps website and get a free upgrade to priority shipping by using the code d2pre.

http://djbooks.easystorecreator.com/Browse_Item_Details.asp/Item_ID/792514/categ_id/1/parent_ids/0,1/Name/Disgaea_2_Cursed_Memories:_The_Official_Strategy_Guide_bPre-Orderb

Guide ships from Doublejump on August 22. So this way you could get the 650 page monster a week early.

[quote name='hohez']Gotta love "Service Unavailable"[/quote]

Lawl. Looks like they underestimated demand and/or their server capacity.

[quote name='bluehat9']Wait, is DoubleJump books legit? Because if it is, they have the deal up on their site.[/quote]

Big thanks. Just ordered it from them. Saved me tax $$$ as well since NIS America is down here in Southern California.

[quote name='bluehat9']Wait, is DoubleJump books legit? Because if it is, they have the deal up on their site.[/QUOTE]

Awesome find man, just preordered it now.

Yes doublejump is making the guide, you can trust em. But, it not being the actual nis site I wonder where in line we'd be with the art book. Seems odd they put it up early.

[quote name='bluehat9']Wait, is DoubleJump books legit? Because if it is, they have the deal up on their site.[/quote]

You, sir, have officially won this thread.

Ordered mine!

[quote name='hohez']Yes doublejump is making the guide, you can trust em. But, it not being the actual nis site I wonder where in line we'd be with the art book. Seems odd they put it up early.[/quote]

With the way things are going on the NIS site, they might just link everyone to Doublejump's site so they can order it there.

In for the $65 set at DoubleJump... I decided, why not? If anything, my brother will want this.

And as I suspected, NIS's store fails.:lol:

Ordered from DJ, but I'm gonna contact NIS once all this crap quiets down to see if I can get my NIS points on their website since it wasn't working. an $80 dollar orde ris practically a $10 coupon in itself.

Damn, this is a tough choice for me. I want to get it at NIS just for the 750 points (I guess it'd be that much for the $75 bundle), because I already have 299 points, so I'd save $10 on my next purchase...

[quote name='62t']do they charge your credit card before it is ship?[/QUOTE]

Doublejump charges your card right away it looks like... this is on the bottom of my order -

The transaction was approved and your credit card has been charged.

If anyone is wondering about the sets, the big set is kind of worthless, the manga will be available seperately in September according to the publisher, so it's not like the manga is going to be rare and valuable or anything.

Only go for it if you have an interest in the manga, but don't go for it if you think the manga will be limited or anything like that.

[quote name='hohez']Ordered from DJ, but I'm gonna contact NIS once all this crap quiets down to see if I can get my NIS points on their website since it wasn't working. an $80 dollar orde ris practically a $10 coupon in itself.[/quote]

Let us know how that goes. I've got 299 points at NIS myself and would hate to miss out on the coupon.

[quote name='Mike UFC']Let us know how that goes. I've got 299 points at NIS myself and would hate to miss out on the coupon.[/QUOTE]
but wont uou have to paid tax for being in California?

I went the Double Jump route, there site was completely stable; I figured it was a better bet then trying the already crashing NIS site with its time out Submit Order stuff. I got the $75 one, ended up being about $88 with tax and shipping.

PeaceOut->
icebeast

I checked my bank account and that money is already gone. So be warned if you pre order with DJ they will charge you immediately. 71.94 shipped for the gamer set without the manga.

Bluehat9 posted it was at DJ and I provided the link. They announced they would be offering the deal, but I didn't expect them to put it up early.

[quote name='62t']but wont uou have to paid tax for being in California?[/quote]

Doublejump is based in Washington, so no tax for me. If I had bought it through NIS, then yes I would have been raped to the tune of 7.75% or so.

[quote name='soliddragon']How'd we figure out that Double Jump was selling it? Was it just by chance? Anyways, Im in like Flynn[/quote]

I clicked that strategy guide link in the original post and for some reason decided to search again for disgaea 2.

People ordering the game though double jump, don't forget coupon code pred2 to upgrade to free priority shipping.

...I did. I'm going to call them later and see if they'll let me use the coupon after the fact.

I'm waiting though in truth I have no interest in the Art Book so I could care less. I just want the game, prinny cursor, sound track and I suppose the manual data whatever the hell that last bit is.

[quote name='r1s3n']I'm waiting though in truth I have no interest in the Art Book so I could care less. I just want the game, prinny cursor, sound track and I suppose the manual data whatever the hell that last bit is.[/QUOTE]

The manual data is just a PDF of the manual.

DJ charged my card as well. It doesn't really bother me since I'm going to pay the card completely off in a few days. Sucks about the upgraded shipping coupon. Oh well, I'll be dealing with school stuff come the end of August anyway.

[quote name='Animeguy']Just wondering if people will get the art book as it does state that you need to order it from the Offical Store.[/QUOTE]

Everyone will get the art book... someone already mentioned Doublejump said they were going to offer the packages on their website as well, they are tight with NIS.

The artbook's aren't limited to 1,000 copies at all, at this point it's impossible.

[quote name='EndlessChris']People ordering the game though double jump, don't forget coupon code pred2 to upgrade to free priority shipping.

...I did. I'm going to call them later and see if they'll let me use the coupon after the fact.[/QUOTE]

>< Dammit if only I had refreshed the page! :)

Just snagged the $75 deal. Hope I still get the art book.
Great job handling this one, NIS.:roll:

EDIT: Wait, free shipping? Whaaaat? Why was this not posted before I ordered?
Oh well. $5 shipping on a $75 order. I'm a CAG, but I'm not so cheap I'll bitch about this.

[quote name='SinnerChrno']>< Dammit if only I had refreshed the page! :)[/quote]

code is actually d2pre and is dead anyways

[quote name='slidecage']crap i ordered the wrong one. and i dont see any way to cancell[/QUOTE]

Better go ahead and call them now as they have already charged your card!

The code isn't dead, it only works on the strategy guide by itself. Is valid until the day the guides ship.

called them up and its just a recording.

ordered

Disgaea 2 game
Strategy Guide
Disgaea Manga
Art Book
Best of Disgaea 2 Sound Track
Manual data
Prinny Mouse cursor

wanted

Disgaea 2 game
Strategy Guide
Art Book
Best of Disgaea 2 Sound Track
Manual data
Prinny Mouse cursor

paid an extra 9 bucks for a manga i will have no use for. Maybe i ebay it when i get it and see if i can get my 9 bucks back

[quote name='Wlogan31']Anyone else having trouble getting the NIS store to load?[/quote]

It has basically been down for the last couple hours or so. Pops back up form time to time only to crash again. Minutes to go.

bread's done
Back