Disgaea 2 Pre-Order Deal Through NIS *Sets Shipping*

hohez

CAGiversary!
http://www.nisamerica.com/news/20060720.html

Are you enjoying the summer season? Well get ready to turn up the heat on those summertime blues! Yes! Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories is primed to take the gaming world by storm one short month from now! Are you ready for it?
As you already know, NIS America always has something very special for you when you pre order our games. But, this time we are afraid we may exceed your expectations! For Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories, we have prepared a Limited edition Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories pre-order sets for you!
We'll be packing in the Japanese Limited edition Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories Art Book and Disgaea™ Manga, freshly from Japan!

You won't find a deal like this anywhere else! You'll have to check out the NIS America Online Store to get in on our incredible offer! The Pre-order will begin on August 1st at 10am PST! NIS America is very excited to provide this fantastic collectibles to our best fans!

Attention! The Disgaea™2 Art Book is limited to 1000 copies. So, Don't miss this chance to get your hands on it!

Here are the actual sets:

Disgaea 2 Complete Set $74.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Disgaea Manga
Disgaea 2 Strategy Guide
Art Book
Prinny Cursor
Manual Download
Best of Disgaea 2 Soundtrack

Disgaea 2 Gamer Set $65.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Disgaea 2 Guide
Art Book
Soundtrack
Prinny Cursor
Manual Download

Disgaea 2 By Itself $49.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Soundtrack
Manual Download
Prinny Cursor

It starts August 1 at 12 noon Central time.

Heres the front/spine/back cover of the official guide:

Also if you don't want to wait for the guide, or you don't want to spend $75, you can Pre-Order the guide through Doublejumps website and get a free upgrade to priority shipping by using the code d2pre.

http://djbooks.easystorecreator.com/Browse_Item_Details.asp/Item_ID/792514/categ_id/1/parent_ids/0,1/Name/Disgaea_2_Cursed_Memories:_The_Official_Strategy_Guide_bPre-Orderb

Guide ships from Doublejump on August 22. So this way you could get the 650 page monster a week early.

[quote name='Roufuss']Awesome, not only are we in the dark but our packages will get demolished before they even arrive. I really hope they do a fantastic job of packing these things.[/QUOTE]

if anything is broken just dispute the charges

[quote name='eau']For those who already received your order, how's their packaging?

I hope they will survive the UPS abuse.[/QUOTE]

Forget the packaging, how's the GAME???

just so you all know 74.99 sets ordered on Double jump's web site are being shipped by NIS using UPS or at the least they gave me a ups tracking code for my order. (the guide only may be USPS, dont know) good luck all.

Another small update from Djpubba:

Quote:
None of the DJ orders are being sent UPS. They're all USPS.

AN: Since our store is not directly linked to OnFullfillment like NIS America's store is, the shipping status is not updated in real time.

We have been told that all orders should be shipped by 8/29 as planned. We anticipate that we'll have confirmation of that sometime on 8/29 or the morning of 8/30.

So it looks like all of us who ordered from DJ are just completely in the dark until they arrive. Hope everyone likes/wanted USPS.

NIS packaged it in a tight small box, fitting all stuff into it with little space left. all the stuff/books came fine, for me at least.

[quote name='Puffa469']All of a sudden the thought of a long rainy holiday weekend isnt such a horrible thing...[/QUOTE]

i hope mine gets here by saturday... but if it dont i got SUMMON NIGHT on the gameboy advance. Great game try it out if you havent yet. I wouldnt buy it though cause it might drop in price as Part 2 is already coming out OCT 5.

Just got it today. Everything is very nice. I like how the manual isn't big like the brady games guides, worth the extra to me.

i prefer the bigger sized guide. DJ's books are so small that if i actually use it, pages will be folded/curved after long uses.
and texts are too damn small too

Just got it today. Everything is very nice. I like how the manual isn't big like the brady games guides, worth the extra to me.

I will never buy another thing off double jump. I emailed them and they said they have no clue when the items will ship. All they know is the items SHOULD ship today but will not say they SHIPPED.

they have no clue on the real date items shipped. 84 bucks and no idea, Screw double jump.

forgot to add

the artbooks wont be worth jack... Look at the ARC THE LAD collection Watch. That has to be more limited then this artbook and that watch dont fetch much cash.

I say the artbook will be worth most 10 bucks sadly

[quote name='slidecage']i hope mine gets here by saturday... but if it dont i got SUMMON NIGHT on the gameboy advance. Great game try it out if you havent yet. I wouldnt buy it though cause it might drop in price as Part 2 is already coming out OCT 5.[/quote]

Thats games on my list, along with that Super Robot Wars game. But not until I see em marked down or used.

About a week ago I started playd Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind on my xbox, yeah I know Im a little behind right? But I want to get in as much of that as possible before D2 gets here, cos once I get that Morrowind is gettin dropped faster than Bret Favre drops a snap.

[quote name='slidecage']forgot to add

the artbooks wont be worth jack... Look at the ARC THE LAD collection Watch. That has to be more limited then this artbook and that watch dont fetch much cash.

I say the artbook will be worth most 10 bucks sadly[/quote]

On http://www.onfulfillment.com/nisamerica112/ the art book is no longer available...so just a heads up. I ordered the $49.99 copy earlier today, hoping its shipped out soon.

The artbooks were a preorder bonus, they were never part of the price. That's like Gamestop charging more for say Okami if you're getting it with the preorder bonus. It's an incentive to get you to preorder, not to raise the price. Hence the word bonus.

for Dj orders you can find out exactly when it shipped now. Just email [email protected] with your billing name and order number and they'll tell you when it went out.

Hi Rob,

Your order shipped today, 8/29, via USPS Priority Mail.

Regards,
Martin

Well, at least I can stop looking forward to it till Thursday at the earliest. Being the first to Pre-Order and the last to play still irritates me though.

[quote name='slidecage']forgot to add

I say the artbook will be worth most 10 bucks sadly[/QUOTE]
the xenosaga, tales of, suikoden artbook worth more than $10 easily.

yay! My set is arriving on Thursday according to the UPS site and is on time. NIS has come through for me. I cant wait to get this game and all the extra items.

*EDIT* My Disgaea 2 set came today, a day earlier than the UPS site said. WOOHOO! I'm glad I got the $75 set, its got some nice items. Hell, just the game and guide in the stores is $75 with tax, I got all the other stuff for free. Gotta love preorder bonuses. :)

[quote name='62t']the xenosaga, tales of, suikoden artbook worth more than $10 easily.[/QUOTE]

i seen the suikoden 5 artbook with coin go for less then 10 (or are these those stupid free ones they gave away )

My DJ ordered shows up as shipped now, so I guess it's out there somewhere...probably won't get it til the weekend now though.

[quote name='bluehat9']My DJ ordered shows up as shipped now, so I guess it's out there somewhere...probably won't get it til the weekend now though.[/QUOTE]

i was told they shipped the orders on Tuesday. SO if you live on the east coast i wouldnt hold my breath getting them before the weekend

[quote name='mirthoneist']Got an email from DJ saying mine shipped. Yay! :)[/QUOTE]

Me too, but not tracking number or delivery confirmation number?

Kind of stupid, since it only costs 40 cents to add in a DC # as proof they sent it, unless they just don't give them out. I could easily see them getting screwed by this, since someone could claim the package never got there and DJ has no proof.

[quote name='fff398']still waitin on ups to come...anyhows are the artbooks translated into english or left in japanese?[/QUOTE]

They're left in Japanese... it's a pretty thin artbook as well. But it may just be because it's dwarfed by the huge guide.

Dammit... fucking DJBooks shipped mine today, which means that I won't get it before I come back home. Not only that but they didn't provide me with a tracking # or anything...

Never ordering from them again.

They haven't gotten to my order yet--haven't heard anything and cc was not charged. I assume they are going in the order that they were received and will eventually get to mine...

[quote name='Vinny']Dammit... fucking DJBooks shipped mine today, which means that I won't get it before I come back home. Not only that but they didn't provide me with a tracking # or anything...

Never ordering from them again.[/QUOTE]

Yea, Doublejump really fucked this up. It's good to hear NIS came through for everyone in a huge way though since initially, they were the worst place with the order problems.

I saw the guide at game crazy, it's about 1" thick!

Not surprising, Disgaea 2 and Xenosaga III are their most stocked items this week.

Well aprrantly mine just arrived at my Apartment. I ordered from Double Jump. Unfortuantly I can't check it out till tommorow when I fly back out to Washington.

PeaceOut->
icebeast

[quote name='icebeast']Well aprrantly mine just arrived at my Apartment. I ordered from Double Jump. Unfortuantly I can't check it out till tommorow when I fly back out to Washington.

PeaceOut->
icebeast[/QUOTE]

How were you able to tell? DJ didn't give me a tracking number or anything, did you get one?

I must say, DJ SUX in terms of their shipping info, this is all I can get from the online account:

Shipping Information
Shipped: yes
Company: Other
Date: 8/29/2006 9:42:00 PM
Tracking ID:
Notes:

Great... I just hope this "Other" shipping company can get me my game fast! :cry:

If anybody missed out on the artbook and haven't bought the set yet and WANT the artbook, I'm selling my set for exactly what it cost me. You probably already know that the artbook was limited and is no longer available.

PM if interested.

[quote name='hohez']Disgaea was published by Atlus because NIS didn't have a foothold for distribution in America yet.

After Disgaea though NIS was able to set up NISA (Nippon Ichi Software America) and now distributes their own games.[/quote]According to the back of the box, it's published by NIS, but distributed by Atlus.

bread's done
Back