Disgaea 2 Pre-Order Deal Through NIS *Sets Shipping*

hohez

CAGiversary!
http://www.nisamerica.com/news/20060720.html

Are you enjoying the summer season? Well get ready to turn up the heat on those summertime blues! Yes! Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories is primed to take the gaming world by storm one short month from now! Are you ready for it?
As you already know, NIS America always has something very special for you when you pre order our games. But, this time we are afraid we may exceed your expectations! For Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories, we have prepared a Limited edition Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories pre-order sets for you!
We'll be packing in the Japanese Limited edition Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories Art Book and Disgaea™ Manga, freshly from Japan!

You won't find a deal like this anywhere else! You'll have to check out the NIS America Online Store to get in on our incredible offer! The Pre-order will begin on August 1st at 10am PST! NIS America is very excited to provide this fantastic collectibles to our best fans!

Attention! The Disgaea™2 Art Book is limited to 1000 copies. So, Don't miss this chance to get your hands on it!

Here are the actual sets:

Disgaea 2 Complete Set $74.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Disgaea Manga
Disgaea 2 Strategy Guide
Art Book
Prinny Cursor
Manual Download
Best of Disgaea 2 Soundtrack

Disgaea 2 Gamer Set $65.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Disgaea 2 Guide
Art Book
Soundtrack
Prinny Cursor
Manual Download

Disgaea 2 By Itself $49.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Soundtrack
Manual Download
Prinny Cursor

It starts August 1 at 12 noon Central time.

Heres the front/spine/back cover of the official guide:

Also if you don't want to wait for the guide, or you don't want to spend $75, you can Pre-Order the guide through Doublejumps website and get a free upgrade to priority shipping by using the code d2pre.

http://djbooks.easystorecreator.com/Browse_Item_Details.asp/Item_ID/792514/categ_id/1/parent_ids/0,1/Name/Disgaea_2_Cursed_Memories:_The_Official_Strategy_Guide_bPre-Orderb

Guide ships from Doublejump on August 22. So this way you could get the 650 page monster a week early.

If anyone has an email where I can mail Doublejump, I would definitely appreciate it. It's been a week since the game has hit and still no damn bundle.

When does UPS usually update their tracking information? Because mine is still saying that it departed from SAN PABLO, CA, US 09/01/2006...

[quote name='Roufuss']Weird, I can't see any new replies in this thread.[/QUOTE]

That happened to me last night here. Weird stuff...

something was wrong with the site yesterday. like the whole afternoon til night. i was at school, i thought it was the school's computer fault.

[quote name='Roufuss']If anyone has an email where I can mail Doublejump, I would definitely appreciate it. It's been a week since the game has hit and still no damn bundle.[/quote]

I emailed [email protected] with my order number and name and they sent me an email with my tracking number last night. My set is supposed to be here today.

[quote name='bluehat9']I emailed [email protected] with my order number and name and they sent me an email with my tracking number last night. My set is supposed to be here today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a ton, I'll do it today if my set never shows up again.

EDIT: Hurray, it came just now, finally!! Everything is there in good shape.

anyone want to guess the vaule of the artbook?

man i should of ordered 2 sets. seems the complete sets (the 75 bucks ones) are fetching around 100 to 150

[quote name='eau']Amazing. Those sets are fetching almost twice as much on ebay now.[/QUOTE]

It's tempting to dump mine but I went through the hassle of getting everything and I'm going to keep it.

It was nice to see the CD actually came in a real cd case with real inserts and everything... I was expecting a paper slip like the Atlus preorder music cd's.

Good to see where most of the artbook's went, though. I was real tempted to order 2 or 3 copies but I figured if it's limited to 1000 I wanted to leave some for the true fans and just grab one for myself. Does anyone think that the sets will keep going up in price?

Eventually, all the people that want one will have one and I don't see these huge Disgaea fans dumping them back on Ebay.

Look at Disgaea 1, over $100!! I'm tempted to sell mine and pray for a GQD reprint but I don't want to be stuck without a copy :(

[quote name='Roufuss']Look at Disgaea 1, over $100!! I'm tempted to sell mine and pray for a GQD reprint but I don't want to be stuck without a copy :([/quote] It really skyrockets. The mint ones are going $100 and the new ones $150+. I bought one off ebay for $65 2-3 months ago and it's brand new, first print (sticker on top) edition. I'm glad I didn't wait.

[quote name='eau']It really skyrockets. The mint ones are going $100 and the new ones $150+. I bought one off ebay for $65 2-3 months ago and it's brand new, first print (sticker on top) edition. I'm glad I didn't wait.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it's just hard to gauge when a reprint is going to come, because GQD never announced it they will just shovel a ton out at alot lower prices than everyone.

I'm hoping Atlus / NISA announce a date for a reprint and I can sell my copy before the news spreads. Either that or the PSP version gets announced for the US.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, it's just hard to gauge when a reprint is going to come, because GQD never announced it they will just shovel a ton out at alot lower prices than everyone.

I'm hoping Atlus / NISA announce a date for a reprint and I can sell my copy before the news spreads. Either that or the PSP version gets announced for the US.[/quote]

Now, when there's a reprint, do they sell it strictly through their site, or via retailers?

[quote name='SynGamer']Now, when there's a reprint, do they sell it strictly through their site, or via retailers?[/QUOTE]

GQD? They'll have some on their site and they will dump some copies on Ebay at extremely low prices. Once the demand wears off, they sell the excess copies to EB / GS.

[quote name='Roufuss']GQD? They'll have some on their site and they will dump some copies on Ebay at extremely low prices. Once the demand wears off, they sell the excess copies to EB / GS.[/quote]

Wait...GQD? I thought we were talking about a Disgaea 1 reprint?

Speaking of Disgaea 1, I just first started playing it the other day and wasn't very sure what I was supposed to do in the game. Is there any how-to website or guide out there? I need something very simple to start off and understand the game first, before digging into the real meat.

[quote name='eau']Speaking of Disgaea 1, I just first started playing it the other day and wasn't very sure what I was supposed to do in the game. Is there any how-to website or guide out there? I need something very simple to start off and understand the game first, before digging into the real meat.[/QUOTE]

How about the entire strategy guide free?

http://www.doublejumpbooks.com/disgaea/

[quote name='eau']Speaking of Disgaea 1, I just first started playing it the other day and wasn't very sure what I was supposed to do in the game. Is there any how-to website or guide out there? I need something very simple to start off and understand the game first, before digging into the real meat.[/QUOTE]

You can try this: http://www.arcadecollecting.com/DisgaeaOSG_FREE.zip

its DoubleJumpBook's official strategy guide for well... free o_O;

[quote name='Shadow780']What is GQD exactly?[/QUOTE]

I think its gamequestdirect.com

Though I'm not entirely sure how they can reprint titles.

^ thanks for the link (from your last post)...

the Disgaea 2 Gamer Set finally came from NIS...now I have to finish the first game lol (thats where that link comes in play)

just follow the storyline, don't really delve into all the extras during the first playthrough....just talk to the gate keeper and do the storyline and if you are lacking in power just level up on a previous level...I don't recommend going into item world exessively(go in once in a while for like 5-10 items or youll level too much) or all the extras on the first time through, it takes away from the story...after the first playthrough, feel free to look at gfaqs and get all the endings and extras...

I didn't finish disgaea 1 main story for 40-50 hour the first time through and got a lot of it... I also recommend japanese language than dub merely cause i don't speak japanese....whereas I know english and the dub might sound corny and in japanese i wouldn't know what would sound corny

[quote name='Roufuss']It's tempting to dump mine but I went through the hassle of getting everything and I'm going to keep it.[/QUOTE]

Because of the delay in my Doublejump order I went ahead and bought the game Friday so I could play it over the long weekend. It was a good decision because I got some massive playtime in.

My DJ set finally came in on Tuesday and I listed the "extra" copy of the game and artbook on eBay. It's up to $63 with 3 days left in the auction.

Selling the artbook never would have been an option if they'd delivered it in a reasonable amount of time - but I have to get back the $56 I paid for my extra copy at Gamestop.

I kept the CD and Guide for myself - I really won't miss the artbook. It didn't impress me at all and I question how "limited" it really is.

[quote name='fff398']just follow the storyline, don't really delve into all the extras during the first playthrough....just talk to the gate keeper and do the storyline and if you are lacking in power just level up on a previous level...I don't recommend going into item world exessively(go in once in a while for like 5-10 items or youll level too much) or all the extras on the first time through, it takes away from the story...after the first playthrough, feel free to look at gfaqs and get all the endings and extras...

I didn't finish disgaea 1 main story for 40-50 hour the first time through and got a lot of it... I also recommend japanese language than dub merely cause i don't speak japanese....whereas I know english and the dub might sound corny and in japanese i wouldn't know what would sound corny[/QUOTE]

if you open up the dark world too early your fucked

[quote name='Roufuss']It's tempting to dump mine but I went through the hassle of getting everything and I'm going to keep it.

It was nice to see the CD actually came in a real cd case with real inserts and everything... I was expecting a paper slip like the Atlus preorder music cd's.

Good to see where most of the artbook's went, though. I was real tempted to order 2 or 3 copies but I figured if it's limited to 1000 I wanted to leave some for the true fans and just grab one for myself. Does anyone think that the sets will keep going up in price?

Eventually, all the people that want one will have one and I don't see these huge Disgaea fans dumping them back on Ebay.

Look at Disgaea 1, over $100!! I'm tempted to sell mine and pray for a GQD reprint but I don't want to be stuck without a copy :([/QUOTE]

reprints dont have the stickers. so the first prints will still be worth major Cash even if a reprint happens. Hell its been reprinted 3 times already

I doub there'd be stock issues. NISA is the one printing the games this time around and they're great about having a lot of their games. Atlus though is horrible at it and all their games go out of stock quickly.

[quote name='slidecage']anyone want to guess the vaule of the artbook?

man i should of ordered 2 sets. seems the complete sets (the 75 bucks ones) are fetching around 100 to 150[/QUOTE]

I sold mine for $210 total a couple days ago so...

Well no Disgaea 2 until at least monday. fucking UPS says they stopped by at 4:19 or 4:49 friday night and there wasnt a knock at my door the entire afternoon/night. I was making dinner (well, watching my girlfriend make dinner) at the time they should have knocked. Here's the thing though, no slip was left saying they tried to deliver the package. Took me an hour to find a number to a live support, not this automated shit. So yeah, this is the second time a slip hasnt been left, im assuming the guy just doesnt take the time to come up and knock even. So yeah, no Disgaea 2 until Monday...and i doubt i'll get it then since i have class from 1pm - 8pm :roll:

Stupid fucking UPS...

[quote name='SynGamer']Well no Disgaea 2 until at least monday. fucking UPS says they stopped by at 4:19 or 4:49 friday night and there wasnt a knock at my door the entire afternoon/night. I was making dinner (well, watching my girlfriend make dinner) at the time they should have knocked. Here's the thing though, no slip was left saying they tried to deliver the package. Took me an hour to find a number to a live support, not this automated shit. So yeah, this is the second time a slip hasnt been left, im assuming the guy just doesnt take the time to come up and knock even. So yeah, no Disgaea 2 until Monday...and i doubt i'll get it then since i have class from 1pm - 8pm :roll:

Stupid fucking UPS...[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, UPS hasn't been knocking at my door either... they've left a few packages for my family lately and have just thrown them at the door without ringing the doorbell or knocking.

Your UPS just dosen't leave the packages?

[quote name='Roufuss']Don't worry, UPS hasn't been knocking at my door either... they've left a few packages for my family lately and have just thrown them at the door without ringing the doorbell or knocking.

Your UPS just dosen't leave the packages?[/quote]

Sadly, no. I would assume that since it said they tried to deliver, that a signature was required. Still, at least giv eme an infonotice so that i know they stopped by...they didnt even leave that.

[quote name='SynGamer']Sadly, no. I would assume that since it said they tried to deliver, that a signature was required. Still, at least giv eme an infonotice so that i know they stopped by...they didnt even leave that.[/QUOTE]

Weird, they just left my Disgaea 2 set on the porch, but they actually rang the doorbell before leaving, no signature required.

I haven't had to sign for UPS in years.

[quote name='Roufuss']Weird, they just left my Disgaea 2 set on the porch, but they actually rang the doorbell before leaving, no signature required.

I haven't had to sign for UPS in years.[/quote]
I've had to sign for my packages every time, no clue why. I even left a note on my door that stated;

UPS,

Please sign for my packages if they require a signature.

Thank You,
[My Name]
[Signature]

Yet nothing :(

bread's done
Back