Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Guide $22.98 on Amazon

SackAttack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Didn't see this posted elsewhere after searching with three different strings, so my apologies if I missed something. The Disgaea D2 guide is hardcover, 300 pages (so I'm hopeful it's going to be better than the pathetic effort that was Prima's Disgaea 4 guide). $34.99 MSRP, so $22.98 strikes me as a solid price.

http://www.amazon.com/Disgaea-D2-Brighter-Darkness-Official/dp/0804162131/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380775015&sr=8-1&keywords=disgaea+d2+guide

Comes with a lithograph print and a code to unlock Raspberyl from Disgaea 3 for use in the game.

hmm.. does the one you get from NISA's limited edition + strat guide combo they had up have the Raspberyl code too? I dont recall it being mentoined back when i pre ordered it.

Didn't see this posted elsewhere after searching with three different strings, so my apologies if I missed something. The Disgaea D2 guide is hardcover, 300 pages (so I'm hopeful it's going to be better than the pathetic effort that was Prima's Disgaea 4 guide). $34.99 MSRP, so $22.98 strikes me as a solid price.

http://www.amazon.com/Disgaea-D2-Brighter-Darkness-Official/dp/0804162131/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380775015&sr=8-1&keywords=disgaea+d2+guide

Comes with a lithograph print and a code to unlock Raspberyl from Disgaea 3 for use in the game.
Brady Games was the one who did D4 not Prima. Prima usually makes half way decent guys most of the time, Brady doesnt. Also two writers from the old double jump team are actually writing the book, so you are getting a double jump quality guide with Prima's name on it basically lol.

hmm.. does the one you get from NISA's limited edition + strat guide combo they had up have the Raspberyl code too? I dont recall it being mentoined back when i pre ordered it.
It should. All it does is package the two items together, and the guide includes both the lithograph and dlc character.

Also two writers from the old double jump team are actually writing the book, so you are getting a double jump quality guide with Prima's name on it basically lol.
Awesome. That turns this from a "eh...I might risk it" to "purchase immediately". Those old Double Jump guides were beastly; each of mine for the Disgaea and Persona series are beat to hell and marked all over. I loved that company.

I'm not opposed to individual threads, but a lot of people seem to miss the CE guide thread:

Here

There's a lot of good stuff in there for those interested in CE guides!

I was going to order this from Amazon, but it was saying that the delivery date wasn't until November 15th. Just a heads up.

Brady Games was the one who did D4 not Prima. Prima usually makes half way decent guys most of the time, Brady doesnt. Also two writers from the old double jump team are actually writing the book, so you are getting a double jump quality guide with Prima's name on it basically lol.
Huh. Would have sworn it was Prima.

That said, thanks for the correction (and the boost in confidence for the guide)!

My order page says between Oct 15 and 21 for delivery.
seems about right. I pre ordered the Limited Edition + strategy guide from NISA and I got an email from NISA saying "We have a small bit of bad news for you today. We were notified that the Prima hardcover strategy guides are going to arrive at our warehouse on the expected arrival date of October 11th." thats for NISA LE + Guides orders

Last edited by a moderator:
They still haven't shipped my Kingdom Hearts 1.5 CE guide I preordered, so this seems to be par for the course for Prima this year.  I'm not too concerned tho, I'm not even planning on picking up Disgaea until it drops in price, I just wanted to get the guide because I could very easily see this being a fairly limited print run.  Doesn't seem like there would be a huge market for this guide.  

Guys a heads up - Prima has acknowledged the delay in the guide and is giving EVERYONE free access to the digital version (I am assuming for a limited time) on October 8th.

"To celebrate the release of Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness, Prima Games is releasing the eGuide absolutely free! What’s the catch? There is no catch! Just log in or register on PrimaGames.com and you will get the complete eGuide for free."

Guys a heads up - Prima has acknowledged the delay in the guide and is giving EVERYONE free access to the digital version (I am assuming for a limited time) on October 8th.

"To celebrate the release of Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness, Prima Games is releasing the eGuide absolutely free! What’s the catch? There is no catch! Just log in or register on PrimaGames.com and you will get the complete eGuide for free."
Thank you for the heads up!

thanks dood!

If you sign up for an account on primagames.com and then subscribe to their newsletter, you can "Unlock" the Disgaea D2 eGuide, which ties it to your primagames.com account permanently and you can access it forever by signing in on their website, and going to the "My eGuides" tab at the top. It's the same result as if you bought an eGuide from them, but they are just giving it to everyone for free because of the delay on the print guide.

I pre-ordered the print guide from Amazon, it was supposed to be delivered today along with the game, but I got an email update from Amazon saying it won't be here until next Tuesday, Oct. 15. I don't mind waiting an extra week since it's considerably cheaper on Amazon than at GameStop. The eGuide is pretty good too, it's more than enough to get you started if you're new to Disgaea, and even if you're not it still tells you what's new in D2 and such.

The GameStop near me actually got in the guides yesterday, although one store only got the one copy they had preordered in, and another got in one copy which hadn't been reserved. I pounced on that.

Amazon was saying my guide wouldn't ship for another week and a half; between my Power Up Pro and the 'buy game and guide at the same time for a discount' promotion, I ended up spending only $6 more in store to get the guide immediately rather than wait on Amazon to eventually get their copies and ship them.

Glad I did. The hard copy guide is absolutely gorgeous.

The eGuide is fantastic as well, though, for those disinclined to spend $22-35 on a strategy guide.

Anyone who got the free e-guide wanna do me a favor and PM me with the zip file? I've been busy with deadlines this week and totally missed the redemption period. Any my hardcover guides are not gonna be here until next weekend from NIS Store.

Anyone who got the free e-guide wanna do me a favor and PM me with the zip file? I've been busy with deadlines this week and totally missed the redemption period. Any my hardcover guides are not gonna be here until next weekend from NIS Store.
I got the eGuide but it was more of an "access to the website" than a pdf type thing.

http://www.primagames.com/games/disgaea-dimension-2-brighter-darkness/primaguides/738

And now it's locked again -_-;; I didn't think to do a webrip or anything.

Ah, I see. Well that sucks. I would've rather just use the e-guide and not flip through the physical one as ti keep it in better condition. Oh well. Thanks anyways.

so... guess these are delayed for EVERYONE or something? I got the D2 limited edition combo with the guide before it sold out on NISA, it arrived last week but there is no guide with it at all. I was about to call them up and see what was up. 

so... guess these are delayed for EVERYONE or something? I got the D2 limited edition combo with the guide before it sold out on NISA, it arrived last week but there is no guide with it at all. I was about to call them up and see what was up.
Yep, Amazon appears to be on the verge of shipping them out though since I pre-ordered it today and it has an estimated delivery of the 17th and they charged me.

To be honest, I don't even know. I got my guide on release date at GameStop since Amazon didn't seem to have a clue on shipping. But it seems as though GameStop locations were getting one guide or whatever their preorder allocation was, so I don't know that they even had all that many.

Mine shipped from Amazon this morning.

I got mine from Amazon yesterday.  Gorgeous guide.  It arrived in-tact despite the fact that the box was torn open on one corner.  I didn't get the lithograph I wanted, but since I only liked one of the three that was expected.  Now I guess I need the game.  :p

NISA shipped the LEs last week unless you ordered the guide as well. Got the LE Thursday/Friday, and my guide (via NISA) shipped already.
Nope.

Email I got from them last week:

Dear Future Overlord,

Thank you for the patience that you have shown so far with the delayed arrival of your Limited Edition of Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness!

We wanted to update you on the status of your order – unfortunately, our shipping partner has informed us that your Limited Edition will not be available at our warehouse for shipping until October 23rd. We have been working with our shipping partner to try to have our product arrive as soon as it is able, and will continue to try to push this shipment to arrive earlier than the 23rd if possible.

We understand that the change in delivery time can cause an inconvenience to our customers and are very grateful for your patience in this matter. Please let us know if you do need to make any additional changes to your order’s address or information at any time and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you once more for your amazing patience, dood!

Best wishes,

NIS America Online Store

Got mine and the book is very nice looking... except that I don't want to open it until I'm ready to play the game (so it doesn't get messed up) but I also want to look at it and see which print I got.

Nope.

Email I got from them last week:

Dear Future Overlord,

Thank you for the patience that you have shown so far with the delayed arrival of your Limited Edition of Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness!

We wanted to update you on the status of your order – unfortunately, our shipping partner has informed us that your Limited Edition will not be available at our warehouse for shipping until October 23rd. We have been working with our shipping partner to try to have our product arrive as soon as it is able, and will continue to try to push this shipment to arrive earlier than the 23rd if possible.

We understand that the change in delivery time can cause an inconvenience to our customers and are very grateful for your patience in this matter. Please let us know if you do need to make any additional changes to your order’s address or information at any time and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you once more for your amazing patience, dood!

Best wishes,

NIS America Online Store
I got the same email like last week sometime :(

The LE is nice, and the book is nice.  I ordered them separately, guide was a last-minute Amazon impulse buy.  

Enjoying both very much!  Nice touch that they gave a code for the eguide for free so I don't mess up the book thumbing through it too much.  Not sure if that is clear in the item description that you get that.

I received my copy of the guide from NISA yesterday. Packed very well as expected and arrived without damage. The book looks very nice and is quite heavy! Vladimir Putin could kill somebody with it!

The stupid Rasberyl DLC code finally worked today!!! I registered 4 days ago, customer emailed me last nite PSN wud update the codes today. Bout time!!!

The only email I got about the delay was regarding the guide (sent Oct 3) so maybe your order and others' were made later than mine.

I received my copy of the guide from NISA yesterday. Packed very well as expected and arrived without damage. The book looks very nice and is quite heavy! Vladimir Putin could kill somebody with it!
I got shipping email with tracking number October 15/16 (dated 15 but email timestamp 16th for me). The tracking info doesn't shpw anything at USPS. Never saw this before:

Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site.

A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.

People who got the guide already from NISA, was it shipped Media Mail? I can't track it on USPS.com so I'm assuming it was. I'm all the way in MA and depending on if they're actually shipping from CA or not... getting across the country via Media Mail would mean one week+ to reach me :/

People who got the guide already from NISA, was it shipped Media Mail? I can't track it on USPS.com so I'm assuming it was. I'm all the way in MA and depending on if they're actually shipping from CA or not... getting across the country via Media Mail would mean one week+ to reach me :/
Yeah, mine was shipped media mail. I'm in SoCal so I get stuff from NISA pretty quick.

How do you know he hasn't? That could be part of the QA process.
I guess somebody needs to test the Giga Guide Attack.

USPS for me. my copy was shipped saturday night, came in tuesday morning (of the week when D2 was suppose to come out)

Yeah, mine was shipped media mail. I'm in SoCal so I get stuff from NISA pretty quick.

I guess somebody needs to test the Giga Guide Attack.
i live in so cal, about ~12 miles/20 minutes away from NISA,and most of my packages are a hit or miss.. D2 was suppose to have came on monday,but actually arrived tuesday. (still on time) i'd say my "get" rate would be 2~4 days (which isn't bad)

bread's done
Back