Dish Network is threatening to remove AMC Networks from its air

Hm, I dont get any of those channels with my package anyways. Between all those channels the only two shows I watch are Walking Dead and Breaking Bad, both easily available for download. Not a big loss.

Probably because every time I tried flipping to AMC, it was ALWAYS a commercial. I swear they fill more air time with advertisements than actual film. That and they've updated their lineup to more modern movies which are mostly crap. Either way, we finally got AMC HD for DirecTV last year and I never watch the channel now.

Yeah. I used to love watching AMC for the classic movies(since when is shit from the 2000's considered 'classic'?) and especially for the big blocks of The Three Stooges shorts they used to play on the weekends and especially the "April Fools' Day" marathon of them that was all day usually.

But I've also noticed a ton of commercials and a lot of shit on there anymore by comparison to the old lineup.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. I used to love watching AMC for the classic movies(since when is shit from the 2000's considered 'classic'?) and especially for the big blocks of The Three Stooges shorts they used to play on the weekends and especially the "April Fools' Day" marathon of them that was all day usually.

But I've also noticed a ton of commercials and a lot of shit on there anymore by comparison to the old lineup.[/QUOTE]

You get cable TV?

You used to be the cheapest gamer, you've changed man.

[quote name='camoor']You get cable TV?

You used to be the cheapest gamer, you've changed man.[/QUOTE]
My family gets cable. I just sit back and watch them bitch about the prices going up all the time, but them never doing anything to change it. If it were me, I would be calling them every other day trying to get credited for a half nanosecond outage. Unfortunately our choices are very limited here. A local cable company got swallowed up by Adelphia, then Adelphia got bought up by Comcast. To top it all off the local city make an exclusive deal with them in exchange for payments from them for X number of years. So it's either Comcast or Dish/Directv.

I had free AOL back when dialup was the only game in town for the longest time. Every disconnect saw me calling them to complain about it. I don't think I paid for internet back then for more than 2-3 months. I had somewhere around 10 months worth of credits left when I switched over to using DSL and I got AOL free after getting high speed anyway.;)

If they drop these channels, it'll only be further incentive to remove this awful company from my life. They increased the price of my contract twice, once within two weeks of installation. I'm paying about $85 for this per month. With four less channels, and possibly G4 to soon follow, I'd rather just get Hulu and Netflix for $60 less.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My family gets cable. I just sit back and watch them bitch about the prices going up all the time, but them never doing anything to change it. If it were me, I would be calling them every other day trying to get credited for a half nanosecond outage. Unfortunately our choices are very limited here. A local cable company got swallowed up by Adelphia, then Adelphia got bought up by Comcast. To top it all off the local city make an exclusive deal with them in exchange for payments from them for X number of years. So it's either Comcast or Dish/Directv.

I had free AOL back when dialup was the only game in town for the longest time. Every disconnect saw me calling them to complain about it. I don't think I paid for internet back then for more than 2-3 months. I had somewhere around 10 months worth of credits left when I switched over to using DSL and I got AOL free after getting high speed anyway.;)[/QUOTE]

I take it back - you are one cheap bastard.

Cheapness reaffirmed!!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My family gets cable. I just sit back and watch them bitch about the prices going up all the time, but them never doing anything to change it. If it were me, I would be calling them every other day trying to get credited for a half nanosecond outage. Unfortunately our choices are very limited here. A local cable company got swallowed up by Adelphia, then Adelphia got bought up by Comcast. To top it all off the local city make an exclusive deal with them in exchange for payments from them for X number of years. So it's either Comcast or Dish/Directv.

I had free AOL back when dialup was the only game in town for the longest time. Every disconnect saw me calling them to complain about it. I don't think I paid for internet back then for more than 2-3 months. I had somewhere around 10 months worth of credits left when I switched over to using DSL and I got AOL free after getting high speed anyway.;)[/QUOTE]

That only reaffirms that you LAG on PURPOSE. YO ASS. IS WORTHLESS. I KNOW I GOT THIS IN THE BAG FO CERTAIN. WHEN YOU ALL WANNA ACT JUST KNOW. THAT MY INTERNET fuckING SUCKS!

The only things I watch on AMC is The Walking Dead, Mad Men, Hell on Wheels, and Breaking Bad.

It wouldn't surprise me if IATCG used leaves as toilet paper, took tons of ketchup packets to fill up a bottle, placed empty water bottles outside to catch rain water, and siphoned gas just to save a buck.

bread's done
Back