Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon does have the Spiderman playset for 29.99 from a third party but fulfilled by Amazon so it is Prime eligible. I cannot bring myself to pay $30.00 when I got the Avengers and Guardians playsets for $19.99 and now they are $14.99 at BB before GCU. 

Amazon does have the Spiderman playset for 29.99 from a third party but fulfilled by Amazon so it is Prime eligible. I cannot bring myself to pay $30.00 when I got the Avengers and Guardians playsets for $19.99 and now they are $14.99 at BB before GCU.
It's up on BB for shipping and ship to store. Go Go Go!

this thread is HUGE and this question may have been answered before. I am new to Disney Infinity thanks to the walmart Darth Vader PS4. If I buy a 2.0 Marvel starter pack for ps3 do the toy box discs, characters, and power discs work with the ps4 or any console for that matter? I realize the game disc wont work but I already have the 3.0 one from the Darth Vader console. Wal Mart has a marvel starter pack for $17.99 for the ps3, the same one for the ps4 is $39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
this thread is HUGE and this question may have been answered before. I am new to Disney Infinity thanks to the walmart Darth Vader PS4. If I buy a 2.0 Marvel starter pack for ps3 do the toy box discs, characters, and power discs work with the ps4 or any console for that matter? I realize the game disc wont work but I already have the 3.0 one from the Darth Vader console. Wal Mart has a marvel starter pack for $17.99 for the ps3, the same one for the ps4 is $39.99
All characters and power discs can be used in the games after the one they came out for. 1.0 can be used in 2.0 and 3.0, 2.0 can be used in 3.0, etc.
The only things that cannot be used in later games are the playset pieces and toybox game discs. However, putting the playset piece from a previous game on the portal while in a later game will unlock all toybox items from that playset, so you don't have to grind for sparks to buy them that way.

All characters and power discs can be used in the games after the one they came out for. 1.0 can be used in 2.0 and 3.0, 2.0 can be used in 3.0, etc.
The only things that cannot be used in later games are the playset pieces and toybox game discs. However, putting the playset piece from a previous game on the portal while in a later game will unlock all toybox items from that playset, so you don't have to grind for sparks to buy them that way.
dang I was hoping the playset piece would work. Oh well I guess I get an extra pad for my second ps4 plus the characters.

For those having trouble finding the Spider-man set, check your local gamestop right now while they are running the B2G3 deal on figures. They include the playset pieces as part of that deal also, in fact I just saw a spidey playset piece at my GS in a baggie same as the figures.

Theoretically, if they had them all, you could purchase 2 used figures and then get spidey, nova, and the playset piece as your three free items. The tricky part would be finding all three in the same store. But even if they didn't have spidey available that day, you could still use Iron Fist, Venom, or whoever else is compatible.

That's kinda funny you guys are harping about the Spidey set...Amazon was practically giving that away for a period of months selling it as low as 13 bucks. I guess they finally got rid of enough that it's hard to find now.

The best way to get the Spider playset was the Vita set. It was $25 at GS for the game, playset and black spiderman figure. That is harder get these days and GS raised the price to $40 I think. 

Just got my spiderman playset in today. Question how is the Inside Out playset? I like 2d platformers but any adults enjoy this playset!?

Just got my spiderman playset in today. Question how is the Inside Out playset? I like 2d platformers but any adults enjoy this playset!?
I bought it, and like it. It's got two types of worlds - Super Mario 3-D Land type, and traditional platforming that doesn't feel like a Mario sidescroller; more like Rayman or some of the many such games from the SNES era. Like a lot of platformers, making it from beginning to end isn't hard, but finding all the secrets and finishing all the objectives is a hefty challenge. Definitely a nice change of pace from other Infinity playsets, it's just too bad they didn't do more with the story.

if the price dropped on the infinity playset from the time i ordered it thursday night, to now, can i get the difference back?  im almost positive it was more when i placed the order.

[quote name="Disp0sable13" post="13066277" timestamp="1448713966"]if the price dropped on the infinity playset from the time i ordered it thursday night, to now, can i get the difference back? im almost positive it was more when i placed the order.[/quote]
Depends on the location where you bought it but yes just call customer service and tell them of the price difference

i called and i guess the department i need isnt open yet, but after doing a little digging, i found it was 90$ when i ordered it (thursday night at 1am) and now its 75.

after the gamer club it should be 60, then i had a gift card for 25, and a rewards cert for 15, so 20$ after.  im seeing on my order summary that i paid 32, so hopefully i can get the difference of 12$ back. just have to wait til 8 am and give them another call.

i called and i guess the department i need isnt open yet, but after doing a little digging, i found it was 90$ when i ordered it (thursday night at 1am) and now its 75.

after the gamer club it should be 60, then i had a gift card for 25, and a rewards cert for 15, so 20$ after. im seeing on my order summary that i paid 32, so hopefully i can get the difference of 12$ back. just have to wait til 8 am and give them another call.
Oh you bought it at Best Buy? Then yes. For 30 days. I think with my Premier blah-blah it goes up to 45 or something.

I do remember that I price matched Infinity launch like 3 different times. So that's a fair bit of gamesmanship.

I got the department when they opened and they said they can't do a "price match" between Wednesday and monday, even though the price dropped in 12 hours, they're telling me I can't receive the difference. I asked if I can cancel and reorder and get my gift card and reward cert back, and they said that van take up to 48 hours, a little too close to the end of the deadline for my comfort.

Has anyone been in this situation before and offer any advice? Should I go to my local store on lunch break and ask?

after the gamer club it should be 60, then i had a gift card for 25, and a rewards cert for 15, so 20$ after. im seeing on my order summary that i paid 32, so hopefully i can get the difference of 12$ back. just have to wait til 8 am and give them another call.
Gift cards are refundable - same as money. RZ certs are not. That could be an issue, but I'd give it a try. The worst that will happen is they will say "no".

I got the department when they opened and they said they can't do a "price match" between Wednesday and monday, even though the price dropped in 12 hours, they're telling me I can't receive the difference.
Damn, they actually are enforcing the Black Friday price matching thing. That sucks. I didn't think they'd do it with themselves (only their competition).

Tried calling on lunch break, 1 hour wait time for the next rep, gonna have to wait til the day is over and see what they can do. Ugh I'm so frustrated about this. I don't understand why it got such a change in less than a 12 hour period, going from 90 -> 75.

If anything I'll just suffer and deal with the price I got it.

I bought it, and like it. It's got two types of worlds - Super Mario 3-D Land type, and traditional platforming that doesn't feel like a Mario sidescroller; more like Rayman or some of the many such games from the SNES era. Like a lot of platformers, making it from beginning to end isn't hard, but finding all the secrets and finishing all the objectives is a hefty challenge. Definitely a nice change of pace from other Infinity playsets, it's just too bad they didn't do more with the story.
That sounds really good. I'm looking forward to playing through this after Rise Against the Empire. I don't mind too much about a weak story as I prefer gameplay and it seems like this will be enjoyable. I really liked the Inside Out level in the free to play version on Steam which is why I grabbed a web code when I saw it for a good price. It'll also make for a good change of pace before the Force Awakening set comes out.

They won't honor the difference because it's considered a price match and even if I cancel and reorder they wouldn't allow it. I think it's frigging bullcrap. That's 15$ I could have saved

They won't honor the difference because it's considered a price match and even if I cancel and reorder they wouldn't allow it. I think it's frigging bullcrap. That's 15$ I could have saved
Buy another one, return the old one. Sucks, but since it's BF weekend they don't price match stuff.

ill just bite the bullet this time and be a little more patient next year.  gah, that really irks me because of a 15$ drop in the span of 8 hours.  ill just have to hoard my points for next year and be a little more frugal.

ill just bite the bullet this time and be a little more patient next year. gah, that really irks me because of a 15$ drop in the span of 8 hours. ill just have to hoard my points for next year and be a little more frugal.
If it still up by Tuesday at that price you can price match then sorry I didn't know it was best buy

I was fortunate to go to my local Dollar General stores and pick up Han Solo, Chewbacca, Olaf, and Minnie Mouse for $7.50 each with their 3-day sale. i had to go to two Wal-Mart stores to PM, but was able to get the Rebels heroes for $7.50 each. On the fence about getting Darth Maul and Hulkbuster Iron Man at BB tonight before their sale ends. Want to get them for Christmas, but hoping another $7.50 deal comes around instead of $9.19 each with GCU. 

FYI the Wal-Mart bundle deal of Kanan. one SW figure of your choice, and one Star Wars set is back in stock. Good deal if you don't want a light-up Kanan. It's roughly the same price if a set was $20, and the figures were $7.50 each plus tax. Total for me was $37.79. I ordered the Force Awakens pack. Just hoping to get the playset of Rise Against the Empire for around $20 in the next few weeks. 

BB has 2.0 figures on sale for 5.99 and it stack with GCU and save 5 on two figures so each figure comes out to less than 3.00.

Last time Best Buy had 2.0 figs on sale with $5 off two it worked in store, right? Everything I'd want is sold out online but I might be heading over there later on.

is takeover or speedway worth grabbing? i can get both for about 14$, but not sure how expansive the content is for the game.  can anyone possibly elaborate?

is takeover or speedway worth grabbing? i can get both for about 14$, but not sure how expansive the content is for the game. can anyone possibly elaborate?
Take over adds a couple of different toybox worlds that ANY toybox character can play. It's a fairly funny story overall but it's a bunch of killing and platforming.

Speedway adds Mario Kart to Infinity (or gives you another reason to dust off your Cars characters). Overall it can be brutally difficult meaning if you mess up just once, you're in last place.

For $14 I'd personally grab both of them... but up to you.

bread's done
Back