Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
The 3.0 toy box discs are really fun; I hope Disney Infinity does more stuff like those in the near future - unlike Playsets which are franchise specific/limited, the toy box discs let you mis-match together all the franchises into one crossover battle/race series.  Some of it feels slapdash (there are no unique enemies, cars are mostly generic) but it's a hoot teaming up, for example, Darth Vader with Spider-man in a professionally designed combat world. 

Boba Fett needs to hurry up and release. I don't get what the hold up is. He's the last one I need beside FX Kylo.
I know you're feeling on Boba. How long can they keep putting it off? I need him and will be waiting on a used Zeb, since I've been opening these.

I really like these Light FX figures, but only having Anakin/Obi ... and knowing that I still need Vader/Yoda/Luke/Kanan and presumably Kylo. I am not entirely sure if I will even bother with any outside of Vader/Yoda. Seeing Kylo info, makes me wonder if they are going to backtrack on the Ahsoka/Maul. Maul would look quite amazing.

One is the crystal version, the other isn't. If there's any differences besides the aesthetics and them being separate figures, I'm not aware of it. I had read something about the crystal figures being more powerful, but I can't confirm that.
My 2.0 Mickey I got from Walmart looks like a crystal and in the Hall of Heroes he popped up in the crystal area

I still have the set that came with the Vader PS4.  Best offer I've gotten on it is $80.  I might have taken it if I didn't have to deliver it to him 25 min away.  Craigslist people just don't seem very interested.

I still have the set that came with the Vader PS4. Best offer I've gotten on it is $80. I might have taken it if I didn't have to deliver it to him 25 min away. Craigslist people just don't seem very interested.
Man, you really gotta unload that stuff before its only worth retail not like you got some exclusive thing , just timed sensitive for the moment

Yea we call it the dollar store here in the boonies, I'll have to check in Abingdon and Bristol next time I'm over that way.
Does Dollar General have stock? Judging by the way they've been opening stores it may be a good investment. When I went from Atlanta to a beach on the panhandle it seemed like every tiny Alabama town had a Dollar General that was pretty new. No grocery store, no walmart but they had DGs everywhere. Same now in SC, NC, TN and VA. We had very few in Atlanta metro. Now that I'm back in the TN/VA area I see them all over.

Anyway, I found none at the DG between Johnson City and Bristol and the old DG in Bristol by the putt putt course. The new one on MLK Boulevard had ONE Obi Wan on an endcap of Star Wars toys. Haven't the checked the other new one about a mile away on Euclid.

Are these usually in the toy section? I looked all over and saw no sign of them anywhere and the one I found was hanging on the wrong peg.

This is a new low for 3.0 power disc packs. 3.0 figures are 9.99 but weirdly the 2.0 figures that were 7.99 last week are back up to 9.99!?

Which are the best of the disc packs? Vehicles and powers maybe, I don't have GCU and even if I did, paying for sky or floor textures is no deal to me...thanks!
Rise has 2 costume discs and 2 vehicles (Y-Wing and Slave I), so it may be the best. Force Awakens has 2 costumes, 1 vehicle, and 1 rebel strike disc (probably plays like a smart bomb screen-clearer), so not as good as Rise, but still worth owning. Twilight features a sky and texture set, vehicle, and team up Mace disc. The sky and texture set is pretty cool (it's the planet the female Twi'lek from the Jedi council is killed on during the Order 66 montage in Revenge of the Sith), but if you don't like those, it isn't for you. All four Good Dinosaur discs are dinosaur mounts, and Tomorrowland includes a sky and terrain, as well as a weapon and bomb disc. The sky and terrain are incredibly boring and generic. I'd skip this one.

Personally, I'm only going to get the Rise and Awakens packs. It's a shame they never made a Rebels disc pack. A Sabine in her Mandolorian gear would have been awesome!

I know you're feeling on Boba. How long can they keep putting it off? I need him and will be waiting on a used Zeb, since I've been opening these.

I really like these Light FX figures, but only having Anakin/Obi ... and knowing that I still need Vader/Yoda/Luke/Kanan and presumably Kylo. I am not entirely sure if I will even bother with any outside of Vader/Yoda. Seeing Kylo info, makes me wonder if they are going to backtrack on the Ahsoka/Maul. Maul would look quite amazing.
Has Kylo been confirmed as an FX yet?

Awesome. Thanks.

Rise is a win. Not sure if I'll pick up Poe, so TFA isn't that compelling. I'll grab the dinosaurs too, not because of the movie, but what kid wouldnt like four giant dianosaurs to ride around on?

No GCU but at least I can get Target to PM to save 5% with the red card. Yay. More DI purchases.

Rise has 2 costume discs and 2 vehicles (Y-Wing and Slave I), so it may be the best. Force Awakens has 2 costumes, 1 vehicle, and 1 rebel strike disc (probably plays like a smart bomb screen-clearer), so not as good as Rise, but still worth owning. Twilight features a sky and texture set, vehicle, and team up Mace disc. The sky and texture set is pretty cool (it's the planet the female Twi'lek from the Jedi council is killed on during the Order 66 montage in Revenge of the Sith), but if you don't like those, it isn't for you. All four Good Dinosaur discs are dinosaur mounts, and Tomorrowland includes a sky and terrain, as well as a weapon and bomb disc. The sky and terrain are incredibly boring and generic. I'd skip this one.
Personally, I'm only going to get the Rise and Awakens packs. It's a shame they never made a Rebels disc pack. A Sabine in her Mandolorian gear would have been awesome!

Awesome. Thanks.

Rise is a win. Not sure if I'll pick up Poe, so TFA isn't that compelling. I'll grab the dinosaurs too, not because of the movie, but what kid wouldnt like four giant dianosaurs to ride around on?

No GCU but at least I can get Target to PM to save 5% with the red card. Yay. More DI purchases.
How could you not like Poe? He's one of the best characters in the film, filling the Han Solo slot nicely, though he is more of a conventional hero than the roguish Han, and his figure is pretty awesome.

Poe was awesome in the film and I'm sure I'll pick him up eventually but there are a bunch of 3.0 figures I'll pick up before him. If I had a DG nearby I'd probably already have him though.

Eh. You're right. It's $4. I'll grab that pack too :)

Was playing toybox takeover again with my daughter last night and realized how much I enjoyed the freedom of being able to throw any character on the portal and just run with it. I really wish the regular campaigns allowed for that...maybe as like a special bonus after you beat the game, you can replay it with other characters or something. I don't see why that's such a problem. I know that you can slap any character down in the toybox, but I get alot more out of the actual structured campaigns.

Was playing toybox takeover again with my daughter last night and realized how much I enjoyed the freedom of being able to throw any character on the portal and just run with it. I really wish the regular campaigns allowed for that...maybe as like a special bonus after you beat the game, you can replay it with other characters or something. I don't see why that's such a problem. I know that you can slap any character down in the toybox, but I get alot more out of the actual structured campaigns.
They explained it as a rights issue. It's kind of like Guitar Hero where they had some other singer sing No Doubt songs and had No Doubt singing other songs... they sued and won.

They explained it as a rights issue. It's kind of like Guitar Hero where they had some other singer sing No Doubt songs and had No Doubt singing other songs... they sued and won.
That would make sense if they were talking about Lego Dimensions since that game has so many franchises from different companies. Disney owns everything related to this game.

That would make sense if they were talking about Lego Dimensions since that game has so many franchises from different companies. Disney owns everything related to this game.
I know it seems silly, but Disney has their own internal rules that prevent characters from one franchise showing up in the world of characters from another franchise. I can't find the relative quotes, but that information was published at some point...

I know it seems silly, but Disney has their own internal rules that prevent characters from one franchise showing up in the world of characters from another franchise. I can't find the relative quotes, but that information was published at some point...
Disney Infinity disproved this because franchises do crossover in the Toybox Takeover (there's a light saber backpage allowing, say, Daffy Duck to have a light saber; or any character can take on the Pirates of the Caribbean monsters) - and Speedway toybox sets (Darth Vader can drive through the Frozen or Aladdin world). Disney can and does allow franchises to crossover... my guess is that they're holding that for later or maybe being hesitant because fans might get upset.

Disney Infinity disproved this because franchises do crossover in the Toybox Takeover (there's a light saber backpage allowing, say, Daffy Duck to have a light saber; or any character can take on the Pirates of the Caribbean monsters) - and Speedway toybox sets (Darth Vader can drive through the Frozen or Aladdin world). Disney can and does allow franchises to crossover... my guess is that they're holding that for later or maybe being hesitant because fans might get upset.
Daffy Duck?!?!?

But the Toybox Takeover isn't any one specific character's world - that's why they're also allowed to mingle in the Toy Box. I wish I could find the interview that explained it better, but basically Disney will not allow a character from franchise A to show up in the fictional world of franchise B. You'll never see Peter Pan showing up in The Jungle Book because they're different worlds, but you can have both Peter Pan and Baloo show up together in a random play area that isn't representative of Neverland or wherever the hell The Jungle Book is set.

But the Toybox Takeover isn't any one specific character's world - that's why they're also allowed to mingle in the Toy Box. I wish I could find the interview that explained it better, but basically Disney will not allow a character from franchise A to show up in the fictional world of franchise B. You'll never see Peter Pan showing up in The Jungle Book because they're different worlds, but you can have both Peter Pan and Baloo show up together in a random play area that isn't representative of Neverland or wherever the hell The Jungle Book is set.
This isn't true though. The show Once Upon a Time exists and pretty much does what you are talking about

*Donald Duck

Any recommendations on how to glue the lightsabers back on? My clueless son just broke both his Ezra and Anakin figures lightsabers off.  :wall:

I'm currently searching though the interviews because this was SPECIFICALLY discussed at one point because people were furious that Marvel/Disney in 2.0 were separated.  So there was a LOT of talk that 3.0 was going to fix this and the dev's came out and flat out explained that they can't due to IP constraints.  The Toybox is fair game, which is why this time they've done things like Takeover and Speedway so those 'toybox only' characters get some love too.

Any recommendations on how to glue the lightsabers back on? My clueless son just broke both his Ezra and Anakin figures lightsabers off. :wall:
Those lightsabers are way too fragile; I have a Yoda that broke in the box (returned/rebought) and now my Darth Maul has 1 blade. I plan on gently using superglue but would also like to know if there's a 'trick.'

TRU deal (b1g150%) is live online a day early. Not the best prices of all time but for 2.0 that are currently at $7.50, you're looking at a great selection at $5.62 each if you buy two. Finally picked up some figures that have been relatively hard to find on clearance.

Yeah. It's a "in their world" thing and not characters co-mingling.

The one we had to deal with was with Pixar telling us we couldn't use some Toy Story easter eggs when we were working on the Up game. Sometimes those people REALLY are bothered by that.

Stopped into a Kohls today and Donald (2.0) was marked down with a sticker to 6.99. I didn't bother to check against the scanner. Slim pickings there. Lots of 3.0 at 13.99. Signs clearly state no coupons on these items. No deal to be had.

Hit Target afterwards to price match the Best Buy 3.0 power discs and they were resistant to more than one price match. I then asked for three separate transactions. Company policy is they can't but then a manager overrode as a "one time exception". A lot of waiting around to save $3 across three sets ($4/ea) compared to their cartwheel promo of $5/ea. It's like they want me to just get GCU...

I'm currently searching though the interviews because this was SPECIFICALLY discussed at one point because people were furious that Marvel/Disney in 2.0 were separated. So there was a LOT of talk that 3.0 was going to fix this and the dev's came out and flat out explained that they can't due to IP constraints. The Toybox is fair game, which is why this time they've done things like Takeover and Speedway so those 'toybox only' characters get some love too.
Regardless, it's an internal issue and not a legal one, and it is ridiculous. The fact that I have to explain franchise-specifics to my 6-year-old when she wonders why Elsa can't be in the Toy Story playset represents a colossal f-up on their part...Crossing over is literally the ENTIRE point of this game.

Regardless, it's an internal issue and not a legal one, and it is ridiculous. The fact that I have to explain franchise-specifics to my 6-year-old when she wonders why Elsa can't be in the Toy Story playset represents a colossal f-up on their part...Crossing over is literally the ENTIRE point of this game.
Indeed, all the promotional videos and advertising use this as the selling feature. While some playsets, like Monsters Inc and Inside Out have gameplay that would not work well for those outside the set, there's no reason most of the others need those restrictions. The crossover coins in the Star Wars sets, and the "everybody's in" philosophy of Battlegrounds are certainly steps in the right direction, which they probably did after negative feedback of overly-restrictive rules on who plays in what playset on 2.0, as well as boneheaded moves like Nick Fury not being in the Avenger's playset. I'd love to see them adopt the Lego / Kingdom Hearts philosophy, in which plots create reasons for the co-existence of (or travel between) multiple franchises, or perhaps an "all play" as an unlockable bonus for completing future playsets.

It's been announced that Baloo (and other new figures) will require an internet connection, since their data is not on the disc, so it's possible JV's tease that we could see more playsets or Toybox games beyond what's been announced and released might bear fruit.

Ended up buying the playset pieces used at Gamestop - Buy 2 Get 3 Free.
Such a great deal. I grabbed Hulkbuster, Ultron, Anger, IO level and Sam Flynn for right at $24 earlier today. They also had a complete Star Wars set (except Fett/Sabine/Zeb). First time I've seen a used Darth Maul.

Any recommendations on how to glue the lightsabers back on? My clueless son just broke both his Ezra and Anakin figures lightsabers off. :wall:
Those lightsabers are way too fragile; I have a Yoda that broke in the box (returned/rebought) and now my Darth Maul has 1 blade. I plan on gently using superglue but would also like to know if there's a 'trick.'
my now 7 year old has broke so many skylanders/infinity characters over the years. Yes the light sabers are very fragile for a kids toy. I just use super glue, that seems to work fine. If they happen to break again, I'll pick the old glue off and re-apply it. I've used hot glue as well, I prefer good old super glue.

Such a great deal. I grabbed Hulkbuster, Ultron, Anger, IO level and Sam Flynn for right at $24 earlier today. They also had a complete Star Wars set (except Fett/Sabine/Zeb). First time I've seen a used Darth Maul.
Wow. I Haven't seen Ultron, hulk buster or Sam Flynn used. I'd have starched that up too. I did manage to get maul in the b2g3, but online and shipped. Never see them in stores by me.

boneheaded moves like Nick Fury not being in the Avenger's playset.
This was probably the stupidest thing they've done up to this point. Not that I really cared to spend much time playing as Nick Fury, but the fact that you couldn't use him in the Avengers playset was unbelievable.

Yeah, I actually bought Fury with my initial purchase of 2.0 and the Avengers set, then had to do a return/swap for someone else when I figured it out.

Just finished watching the Lego Movie, and wow, do they ever have a mis-mash of franchises, to the point where Dumbledore and Gandalf are having an argument while Batman steals a hyperdrive from the Millenium Falcon. Meanwhile,  Abraham Lincoln, Michaelangelo (both the sculpter and the Ninja Turtle), Homer Simpson, and even Shakespeare get in on the fun. I know it's wishful thinking, but instead of playing through the plots of the films or boring generic save the world stuff, why not let the Infinity creator's imaginations run loose and have that same kind of fun with their playsets? I hear the Lego game is similar in spirit to the film, with plots that tie in Ghostbusters, Batman, and the Simpsons.

Just finished watching the Lego Movie, and wow, do they ever have a mis-mash of franchises, to the point where Dumbledore and Gandalf are having an argument while Batman steals a hyperdrive from the Millenium Falcon. Meanwhile, Abraham Lincoln, Michaelangelo (both the sculpter and the Ninja Turtle), Homer Simpson, and even Shakespeare get in on the fun. I know it's wishful thinking, but instead of playing through the plots of the films or boring generic save the world stuff, why not let the Infinity creator's imaginations run loose and have that same kind of fun with their playsets? I hear the Lego game is similar in spirit to the film, with plots that tie in Ghostbusters, Batman, and the Simpsons.
That is kind of what the goal is, but with Toy Box mode. the playsets are pre-made levels with a story in those universes.

Just finished watching the Lego Movie, and wow, do they ever have a mis-mash of franchises, to the point where Dumbledore and Gandalf are having an argument while Batman steals a hyperdrive from the Millenium Falcon. Meanwhile, Abraham Lincoln, Michaelangelo (both the sculpter and the Ninja Turtle), Homer Simpson, and even Shakespeare get in on the fun. I know it's wishful thinking, but instead of playing through the plots of the films or boring generic save the world stuff, why not let the Infinity creator's imaginations run loose and have that same kind of fun with their playsets? I hear the Lego game is similar in spirit to the film, with plots that tie in Ghostbusters, Batman, and the Simpsons.
Probably Disney being strict as hell for no reason.

While you see Batman, Superman and Green Lantern in the Lego Movie, The Lego Movie Videogame and even in some of the Lego Movie Lego sets (of which Lego already has a DC license) ... NONE of the WB intellectual property (WB, DC, etc) shows up in any of the Lego Movie merchandise outside of those I listed.

I had to explain IP licensing to my 7 year old after he discovered that none of his Lego Movie clothing contained Batman, one of his favorite characters from the Lego Movie and the Lego Batman games he enjoys playing.

Yeah, but even the best Toyboxes, even with all the 3.0 improvements, are nowhere near as good as most playsets.
That isn't Disney's fault, it's the players, kind of a cop-out in a way, but there are some really good toy boxes out there, just gotta dig around.

bread's done
Back