Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I have all (but 4) Disney Infinity 1.0 figures and i am looking for the best way to get rid of them. Right now I am looking at trading them in at gamestop, but is there any other option? I don't really want to list anything on Craigslist, and i have been looking at ebay but there doesn't seem to be much want for them from what i can see.

I have all (but 4) Disney Infinity 1.0 figures and i am looking for the best way to get rid of them. Right now I am looking at trading them in at gamestop, but is there any other option? I don't really want to list anything on Craigslist, and i have been looking at ebay but there doesn't seem to be much want for them from what i can see.
Curious how much GameStop takes for each figure? and wondering if they took loss or broke even when they had the buy 2 get 3 free promotion.

Selling on Craigslist can be trouble and time consuming as you need to arrange meet up and the demographic is small. Unless the item is heavy, I often found I'd better sell on eBay at lower price.

Other than eBay, there is another option is Amazon, they charge much higher commission after sale than eBay but people tend to pay more there, and it's pretty easy to list it. I sold some new figures there for a profit (you never know why they would pay more than at other B&M store) while no one has bidded on my eBay listing.

There are also some people new to DI, like me, might want to buy 1.0 some figures as they're now hard to find in store. So, I think you might still have a good chance to sell them to new collectors. I'm looking mostly on 1.0 play set pieces and related figures to play, you can message me if you have any offer.

Try the Mercari mobile app. That's what I've been using to clear out my unwanted accumulated things. They are in beta so they aren't charging to list or accept payment. They escrow the payment and only release it when the buyer confirms they received the item and it's as listed.

They will also send you a prepaid PDF label to ship the items with as part of the transaction if you opt to pay their shipping rates. They use USPS and FedEx. I've only shipped via USPS for them. Their shipping rates are flat rate tiers which are usually cheaper than if I paid direct via USPS.com because you are getting a volume discount. The base USPS First Class is the only tier where doing it direct is cheaper (they charge $4, USPS is usually around a little over $3 direct.)

Right now I think their business model is to profit on shipping because off the major volume discounts they are getting - only part of which is passed on to the seller. And the base tier shipping via First Class makes them probably $1 per transaction.

They also probably profit on floating the escrowed payments in their accounts. You can withdraw the payments to your bank account, but they only make deposits on Mondays. So they are earning interests on the payments in between. Not to mention people without bank accounts can just leave the money in their system and use it to buy stuff allowing them to float the funds longer.

Wow. Best Buy has all 3.0 Power Disc packs for $1.99 each this week.

Feel kind of cheated now getting them B1G1 Free last week. Not worth the hassle of driving to the store and waiting in the always long return lines just for $6.00 difference though. You win some deals, you lose some.

Also some random figures on sale for under $4 including Ultron, Hulkbuster Iron Man, Mulan, and Drax.

Thanks for the heads up! Picked up the Battleground discs and Mulan.

Thing about this sale is whenever they release more power discs, I'd feel like a complete sucker if i buy them for more than $1.59.

Wow. Best Buy has all 3.0 Power Disc packs for $1.99 each this week.

Feel kind of cheated now getting them B1G1 Free last week. Not worth the hassle of driving to the store and waiting in the always long return lines just for $6.00 difference though. You win some deals, you lose some.

Also some random figures on sale for under $4 including Ultron, Hulkbuster Iron Man, Mulan, and Drax.
Thank you!

Picked up Ultron and Mulan, and repurchased the Zootopia and Battlegrounds disc packs. I'll return the ones I previously bought.

Discs give backgrounds, and can unlock new toys to play with.  They're alright.

I'll put it this way.. I bought them each when they came out.. my kid plays with them so often (/sarcasm) that apparently I bought 2 sets of TFA that are still sitting in their packages.  But that's ok.. 2 bucks for them is practically a steal.

Discs give backgrounds, and can unlock new toys to play with. They're alright.

I'll put it this way.. I bought them each when they came out.. my kid plays with them so often (/sarcasm) that apparently I bought 2 sets of TFA that are still sitting in their packages. But that's ok.. 2 bucks for them is practically a steal.
They also give abiltiies to use or costumes for certain characters.

I'll say this. I got into DI last summer with the intent of getting "just the figures I want, and only some discs" I now have around 60 figures, but just the ones I really wanted: all Marvel (besides the new ones that have yet to go on sale for $5 or so) and all Star Wars (besides FX and Boba Fett, GO ON SALE BOBA FETT DAMN IT!).

I also have...every single power disc from 1.0 to 3.0 (besides the rare King Mickey from D23 this past year, not paying $100+ for that damn thing).

I got really good deals on the old power discs and a complete set of 1.0 and 2.0 sells for $400-500 on ebay...I paid substantially less for my entire set so even if the values drop to $200-300 I would make a profit. 3.0 won't hold as high a value due to no blind bags but maybe when you can't find them at retail they could be worth something, but no where near as much as 1 and 2.0.

What do the discs even do?
I only buy the figures as my son plays with them
3.0 discs come in several varieties. The basic categories are:

Skydome - Changes the sky, distant background, music, lighting, and (on certain ones) filters, such as making everything look underwater for the Nemo disc, to match the disc's theme.

Terrain - Changes the ground and objects the characters interact with. Every theme has both a skydome and terrain, and every 3.0 set with these discs always include both.

Vehicles - Vehicles and mounts, ranging from horses to spaceships, appear when you use one of these. All 4 of the Good Dinosaur discs are these (dino mounts)

Weapons - a new weapon becomes available

Team up - An AI controlled teammate shows up and fights with you for a short time.

Costumes - My personal favorite, these put your character in a different outfit, sometimes with bonuses. Leia's, for instance, gives her slightly better defense (shields), just like some of the 1.0 discs do. Rise and Awakens have two of these each (as does Zootopia), and if you're hesitant on whether you'll like these or not, go with one (or all) of those, as they also have vehicles and a smart bomb to play with.

Special Attack - Usually like the "smart bombs" in the old shooter/brawlers, these either damages enemies that fall within its range, or a concentrated, super-powerful blast on a single, or small selection, of targets (3 of Battlegrounds discs fall into this category).

I got Ultron (the only character I didn't have on the sale) and the Zootopia disc pack (sadly, already bought the two Star Wars during the last sale, when I thought $3.99 before GCU was the lowest they'd go). Wasn't really interested in Twilight, Good Dinosaur, and Tomorrowland. 

Went to Target and had them pricematch BB for the Zootopia and Good Dinosaur disc packs. Also had them match Hulkbuster but the girl rang it up for $3 even. So I am pretty happy with todays haul

A bunch of those cheap Best Buy 2.0 figures (and Ultron) are back in stock for shipping. Nothing that wasn't in the list before, but some are back.
Specifically those are Hawkeye, Drax and Nick Fury w/ Display Case. They were not available for shipping (and no stores had them nearby me) when the sale started this week.

Specifically those are Hawkeye, Drax and Nick Fury w/ Display Case. They were not available for shipping (and no stores had them nearby me) when the sale started this week.
Thanks both OPs ... in for the only one I needed from this sale that I didn't track down earlier in the week, Drax. Worth a shot at $3.42 shipped to store. Might end up getting backordered and cancelled like my Aladdin from last month ...

In addition to GCU, I'm getting 10% back in RZ certificates this month with my BB Visa.
Picked up all 3 $3.99 figures at BB before GU discount and stopped at Target price match all 3 figures for $3.99 before 5% off discount. Will come back to Target next week "Return & Even Exchange 3 figures for different 3 figures" :)

Picked up all 3 $3.99 figures at BB before GU discount and stopped at Target price match all 3 figures for $3.99 before 5% off discount. Will come back to Target next week "Return & Even Exchange 3 figures for different 3 figures" :)
How can you do an even exchange? Do they all share the same DPCI's? Unless you attempt a no-receipt return.
That's the reason we're getting revised exchange/return policy worse and worse, some people (I'm being polite) are taking advantage forcing the companies to screw up other honest people.

Look at completed auctions. They are listed at those prices but they aren't selling.
Not every single listing will sell, but when they do sell they get $400-500 for a complete 1 and 2.0 set.

Complete Loose 1.0 Set -$210

Complete Loose Marvel 2.0 Set - $110

Complete Album Marvel 2.0 Set - $120

Complete Loose 2.0 Set (Marvel/Disney)+minor bonus items - $250

Complete 1.0 and 2.0 Set with Album's - $500

Complete Loose(?) 1.0 and 2.0 Set w/ some 3.0 - $450

That's the reason we're getting revised exchange/return policy worse and worse, some people (I'm being polite) are taking advantage forcing the companies to screw up other honest people.
True but that sounds like a pretty dumb policy all the same. You're just asking for people to pull what this guy is doing with all the price match and loyalty programs out there that award additional discounts. "Return and Even Exchange" I mean come on they know there's thing that exists called a sale and people will exploit their policy on this. I don't have enough time in the day or ambition to do this to retailers but having such an easy prey policy they almost deserve to be taken advantage of.

True but that sounds like a pretty dumb policy all the same. You're just asking for people to pull what this guy is doing with all the price match and loyalty programs out there that award additional discounts. "Return and Even Exchange" I mean come on they know there's thing that exists called a sale and people will exploit their policy on this. I don't have enough time in the day or ambition to do this to retailers but having such an easy prey policy they almost deserve to be taken advantage of.
Not exactly. The intent of the policy is to let someone who buys a sweater on sale in the wrong size one week, to do an even exchange for the correct size next werk, when the sweater is no longer on sale.

This is just abusing some cashier's good natured desire to make a customer happy because he/she isn't going to look to see what items were on sale last week. In fact, any cashier who does an even exchange on a price matched item of a different sku is clearly doing the wrong thing...

Just like how they changed their old policy, that when they were out of stock of a sale item they'd give you a coupon that gave you the discount on any item in that category (such as videogames), except when the new Madden came out, people flooded stores they knew would be sold out, and Target issued these coupons by the boatload. Surprise, this policy that had previously been in effect since at least the 1980s (when I got a sweet deal on Life Force for the NES when they ran out of Tiger Electronics Mouse Maze) was killed after that.

I know old discs are getting harder to find, but WOW, complete sets ain't cheap.
Old disc aren't too hard to find, they can be cheap on ebay. The rare discs like Toysrus exclusives are and probably very hard to have them all now, that's why people pay premium for them.

(not that hard when they sold the blink packs in store as those blink packs were not blind at all).

It's good that Disney stopped doing blind packs in 3.0, stopped generating useless duplicate discs

Personally I don't see any reason to have a complete set, but people like to collecting anything anyway.

bread's done
Back