Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody have any tips on price matching? They have DI series 1 and 2 discs priced at $1.99 on microsoftstore dot com but they are out of stock and series 3 is on frys dot com for $2.99 but only on sale in stores (no stores in FL where I am). Every time I try price matching i'm told you have to have an advert and they are picky on where its from.
I had my local best buy price match a Jack skeleton figure from microsoft's website. I pulled up the website and they verified it that way. Hope that helps.

Ugh, I got rejected on this because they were out of stock online. fucking Worst Buy.
Cracks me up when people bitch about a company following policy. Especially when every store in the world has the same policy.

Aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhh!!!! fucking best buy wouldn't match the price at my buddy joes store and give me Titanfall special edition for $5.00!!!!!! Stupid best buy!!!!!

The thing is the only reason I would ever price match is because they don't have it in the other store or the other store is too far away.  

Suppose there's always to save on postage (if they match online) and if you have a gift card for the store you're trying to buy it from.   

Penguin den you have a flexible best buy where you live, mine doesn't see microsoft as a high profile store (which is pretty ironic).  

The thing is the only reason I would ever price match is because they don't have it in the other store or the other store is too far away.

Suppose there's always to save on postage (if they match online) and if you have a gift card for the store you're trying to buy it from.

Penguin den you have a flexible best buy where you live, mine doesn't see microsoft as a high profile store (which is pretty ironic).
I must have just gotten lucky then.

Order is still in process in my order history. They probably won't know the extent of it until they start to get some of the product shipments in.

Hiro and Baymax from Big Hero 6 are officially announced!

Plus a debut trailer...

http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/08/27/hiro-and-baymax-officially-announced-figures-trailer-and-power-disc/
Don't really know who they are at all but that trailer was absolutely hilarious. Already love Baymax, so I'll definitely be picking him up at some point. Also, don't know if I've gotten a chance to say this yet but you do great work on that site. Just thought I should mention that! :)

Why would anyone get a response? I don't think anyone is going to ask BBY about it...
And I'll be the first person to make fun of someone who does ask. Dumb little @*#&s anymore around these forums. You don't ask, you wait and see. Didn't we all learn not to snitch back in "kindy"-garden?

Anyone know if Toys R US ever had deals on Crystal figures or if sales on figures ever applied to the Crystal variety?

I'm looking to finish off my 1.0 collection and the Crystal figures are the big ones that are left. I plan on waiting until at least 2.0 drops, but part of me is concerned that these figures might go out of print once 2.0 drops and gets big.

Anyone know if Toys R US ever had deals on Crystal figures or if sales on figures ever applied to the Crystal variety?

I'm looking to finish off my 1.0 collection and the Crystal figures are the big ones that are left. I plan on waiting until at least 2.0 drops, but part of me is concerned that these figures might go out of print once 2.0 drops and gets big.
They include everything whenever they have the figures on sale or a promo going on. Why wouldn't they? It'd be way too confusing for the average consumer.

I also wouldn't worry about the Crystal figs disappearing anytime soon, most TRU's are way overstocked on them(my TRU actually has more of the Crystal figs than the regular ones). I'd say your safe waiting for a decent sale.

So I bought the Skylanders Swap Force Xbox One pack for $17.99 at MS Store and tried it out.  Wow.  Such a difference in quality between the games.  Infinity definitely seems like an awful bargain bin game with low production values in comparison.  Then again, Infinity was the first entry, and Swap Force was the third.  Hopefully 2.0 improves.  Definitely going to be going in to Skylanders now though for the legitimately good game that is there, but keeping it budget oriented.

I got Swap Force for PS4 way after I got Infinity. To be honest, it looks insanely amazing. Stunningly beautiful compared to Infinity. But I'd still rather have the DI gameplay, not to mention the characters - which I think is the main reason that got me into Infinity in the first place.

By the looks of it, 2.0 should be a huge improvement. Let's hope they don't follow the non split-screen co-op of Skylanders. Since I play these with my kid, I found Skylanders unplayable because we were tethered to each other rather than it being split screen. 

Heads up, Best Buy updated their Disney Infinity Marvel Collector's Edition offer to include the PS4 version this morning.

Ended up with the PS4 CE, the GotG playset and a disc for $152.63 total -- which I almost said was 'not bad' until I realized it was still $150! O:)

Still, offer is live for those interested.
I saw that this morning too. I really want the XB1 version (for achievements really) but with GCU this came out to $143.99 before tax. Add the fact that GotG playset can be your freebie ($34.99 value) and it includes all the Avengers ($13.99 x3 value) I figured I am only paying about $25 more for the collector's stand and getting Hulk early. Order placed.

Heads up, Best Buy updated their Disney Infinity Marvel Collector's Edition offer to include the PS4 version this morning.

Ended up with the PS4 CE, the GotG playset and a disc for $152.63 total -- which I almost said was 'not bad' until I realized it was still $150! O:)

Still, offer is live for those interested.
Ugh. Why are you doing this to me.

I have decided with myself time and time again that the CE is just not worth it. But dammit. Ugh. Argh. Grrrrrrrrr.

Yeah, the GCU makes it an insanely great deal. I would jump on it real quick if I had it. Wish I did :(

Going to have to jump on it next time it's $60.

I just opened up my order for the Premium Bundle from Amazon and I can't help but feel it's a better deal for me. I just keep telling myself that. As a collector, I'm salivating over that glowing frost giant base. But I just can't. 

With the premium bundle I'm getting the same exact amount of stuff - an extra play set, 3 more figures, a pack of power discs - just a different play set and figures. For about $90 cheaper than the CE, and about $30 cheaper than the CE with GCU. 

I still think I'm sticking with it. But congrats to those who are getting the CE. I'm still jelly. 

I'm glad it was added, but I don't see it being such a spectacular deal...

If you like the stand, awesome.  But all of those figures you're touting full price for when you get GCU for all of them (including the playsets).

And Amazon Premium isn't much better.

You figure, the regular edition went on sale it also came with the Spidey Playset.  So for both of those items (after taxes) I'm paying $63.  

Then you add the 3 figures (with GCU they're 20% off) so, 33.60 (11.20 a piece).

Add in a 3.99 coin bag and you're only talking... 100.59.  Amazon is good, but more expensive at 20 bucks more.

(this isn't factoring in the Toybox free PS4 edition that comes with Merida and Stitch.. because if that's the case.. then I'll have BOTH Wii U and PS4 versions for almost nothing)

Also, I'm not buying Venom right now... there is a 3 pack of the Villains (Loki, Venom, Green Gobbo) coming out.  And those typically come out at a 5 dollar savings or so off of buying individually...

I'm glad it was added, but I don't see it being such a spectacular deal...

If you like the stand, awesome. But all of those figures you're touting full price for when you get GCU for all of them (including the playsets).

And Amazon Premium isn't much better.

You figure, the regular edition went on sale it also came with the Spidey Playset. So for both of those items (after taxes) I'm paying $63.

Then you add the 3 figures (with GCU they're 20% off) so, 33.60 (11.20 a piece).

Add in a 3.99 coin bag and you're only talking... 100.59. Amazon is good, but more expensive at 20 bucks more.

(this isn't factoring in the Toybox free PS4 edition that comes with Merida and Stitch.. because if that's the case.. then I'll have BOTH Wii U and PS4 versions for almost nothing)
The free ToyBox edition makes the standard Starter Pack a winner on value when combined with GCU. No matter how much the CE is discounted, you're paying something for that stand. That's the decision. The stand is glorious, but do you want to pay for it?

I am factoring in the GCU in my costs. If I buy everything that comes in the Collector's Edition separate, it comes to $125.55 pre-tax after GCU. The Collector's Edition comes to $143.99 after GCU. So for $18.44 I get Hulk early and a collector's stand.

EDIT: Also, where did you see that the villains are being released as a three pack? I thought I read something about no three packs this time. Also I did get in on the free PS4 starter and if i holds out I will swap it for the XB1 version. I have 1.0 on Wii U so I may go digital for that console when it hits. (Keeps the kids off the TV)

My only concern at this point is if there is a B2G1 deal or some other promotion for release day that may make me reconsider my preorder. I remember for DI 1.0 TRU was doing a promo that applied to the game and Wal-Mart had playsets discounted.

Yay, Power Disc album is coming for Marvel, but the downside is that it's not like the old ones, because there are 40 discs and it only holds 21 - so you'd need two albums, and presumably they don't have backgrounds for each disc slot, which is kind of a bummer.  I guess we could make our own backgrounds ala Series 3.

http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/09/02/power-disc-album-available-disney-infinity-marvel-super-heroes-2-0-edition/

No word on a Disney Originals album, but hopefully that will come later.

My only concern at this point is if there is a B2G1 deal or some other promotion for release day that may make me reconsider my preorder. I remember for DI 1.0 TRU was doing a promo that applied to the game and Wal-Mart had playsets discounted.
Yeah, the sales last year were pretty good. Target had a nice sale as well.

My apologies if this has been discussed before, as I haven't been keeping up with this thread.

I remember it being said that the next-gen versions would be superior in ways but has that been confirmed? Other than graphics that is?

I have two 360s in the house that my son plays most everything on, and while I don't mind him using the PS4 or XB1, if it's nothing that substantial other than being prettier I might stick with the 360 version.

My apologies if this has been discussed before, as I haven't been keeping up with this thread.

I remember it being said that the next-gen versions would be superior in ways but has that been confirmed? Other than graphics that is?

I have two 360s in the house that my son plays most everything on, and while I don't mind him using the PS4 or XB1, if it's nothing that substantial other than being prettier I might stick with the 360 version.
Yes. Current-gen consoles (PS4, XB1) get more RAM for use in Toy Box mode so your creations can be bigger and more complex.

Yes. Current-gen consoles (PS4, XB1) get more RAM for use in Toy Box mode so your creations can be bigger and more complex.
I find this hard to believe if they intend on keeping the Toy Box cross-platform. A bigger Toy Box produced on a PS4 couldn't be played in the PS3 version, for instance.

I find this hard to believe if they intend on keeping the Toy Box cross-platform. A bigger Toy Box produced on a PS4 couldn't be played in the PS3 version, for instance.
I find it hard to believe for the same reasons, but I've been told it by two different people on the team, one via Twitter, and the other in person at PAX.

I find it hard to believe for the same reasons, but I've been told it by two different people on the team, one via Twitter, and the other in person at PAX.
I don't remember what I read or where I read it. But I believe there was something saying that if you put a PS4-made Toy Box on the PS3, certain toys or functionality won't carry over. Or it just really slows down the game.

I thought I read a comment on here saying 40 discs and that may have just been for the Marvel side... or maybe 20 marvel, 20 classic? Not 100% sure.
There will be 40 Marvel discs and 40 Disney discs, for a total of 80. I don't think they are doing series this time, but the Disney discs are launching later than the Marvel ones. I haven't heard about any TRU exclusives, but anything is possible I guess.

There will be 40 Marvel discs and 40 Disney discs, for a total of 80. I don't think they are doing series this time, but the Disney discs are launching later than the Marvel ones. I haven't heard about any TRU exclusives, but anything is possible I guess.

GOD I hope they have full series sets... I'm not willing to play the mix/match game on that scale. I'll have 150+ discs and still be missing those 2 retarded ones that go for $20 each on ebay :p

GOD I hope they have full series sets... I'm not willing to play the mix/match game on that scale. I'll have 150+ discs and still be missing those 2 retarded ones that go for $20 each on ebay :p
Just find a store that lets you return unopened packs and buy an assload of them when they're on sale. Take them home, check them on your base, and return the ones you don't need.

Dude, what the hell? 150 discs?

If a Series has 20 discs, buy enough packs to get 20 discs, and then trade the duplicates you have to get a full set. That's all you need to do.

Oh, I know exactly what to do... it's just I don't want to go through that much work.    Just tell me a MSRP deal for the set and I'll pay it (after I find a way to grind the price down some).

I have so many Rare DI 1.0 discs and I still think I have a couple Series 1 discs missing and I didn't even bother with Series 3 when it didn't even get a storage book for it.   I was hoping for a set like we had with Series 2.

bread's done
Back