Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious as to how any of you are expecting the pre-order bonus figure to stack with the additional figure when you buy two with the game. What exactly are you planning on doing to make that happen?
Technically I didn't get a free figure, I got the Guardians of the Galaxy play set. But still, it's unlikely anyhow, at least for me, with an online pre-order the transaction is already complete, so I won't be able to add on to it to my knowledge. Here's hoping Toys'R'Us has some decent launch day sales!

Does anyone know if you can get your $1 back from those little preorder cards at target?
You get 40 cents back if you try to return it. Not worth the gas or the time. Plus, you'll probably disgruntle a worker if you do it this week, since they have the "Pre-order a game for $1, get $20 off select titles" going on.

You'll get the "You paid $1 to get $20 off a game, that you probably tried to price match, and now you want 40 cents back?" look.

So it the Toy Box the whole game? I know that the toy box is the world where you create everything, but would I be missing out if I get this vs the physical game? I already own the first game
It's the whole game, but you'd have to go out and buy the playsets in order to access them. Probably winds up being cheaper to just buy a starter set.

You get 40 cents back if you try to return it. Not worth the gas or the time. Plus, you'll probably disgruntle a worker if you do it this week, since they have the "Pre-order a game for $1, get $20 off select titles" going on.

You'll get the "You paid $1 to get $20 off a game, that you probably tried to price match, and now you want 40 cents back?" look.
hmmm, didn't take advantage of the $20 off a game when I grabbed the card. Kinda ticked now that no one at the store mentioned it.

So it the Toy Box the whole game? I know that the toy box is the world where you create everything, but would I be missing out if I get this vs the physical game? I already own the first game
You will not get the Avengers playset if that interests you. It's like the dice playset (MU/PotC/Inc.) piece, you cannot play without it on the portal. I'm thinking eventually Iron Man, Black Widow and Thor will get single releases given they have options to buy where you don't get them, maybe even an Avenger Playset separate pack. You *might* save a few bucks if you either don't care about the Avengers or are willing to wait until (if?) they come out and get them on sale. But, you could also save quite a bit if you wait until Black Friday on the Starter as well. The digital edition is good if you just want to do the upgraded Toy Box.

I didn't realize last years portal was compatible with 2.0, that's pretty cool. Decisions Decisions though.
Last year's base is compatible with 2.0 EXCEPT on Xbox One. The 360 base will not work with the One due to new security chips or some nonsense that Microsoft imposed. It's the same reason that the 360 base doesn't work on any other systems and why other bases won't work on the 360. The same restrictions exist for Skylanders.

I dunno.  I'm getting the game + spidey set thanks to BB.  I need to make a decision about GotG since I'm buying ONLY that playset, and Groot.  The kid has done a great job of limiting her wants to Capt America & Hawkeye (and I want Venom).  So she'll get those with Hulk in Oct and that'll be the Marvel side for me.

Might want to check your local Wally World for a free copy of this magazine.

nbq5vp.jpg

Inside I found this 2.0 poster

2rzrz2s.jpg

120jng3.jpg

bj5svr.jpg

k1fmdg.jpg

You will not get the Avengers playset if that interests you. It's like the dice playset (MU/PotC/Inc.) piece, you cannot play without it on the portal. I'm thinking eventually Iron Man, Black Widow and Thor will get single releases given they have options to buy where you don't get them, maybe even an Avenger Playset separate pack. You *might* save a few bucks if you either don't care about the Avengers or are willing to wait until (if?) they come out and get them on sale. But, you could also save quite a bit if you wait until Black Friday on the Starter as well. The digital edition is good if you just want to do the upgraded Toy Box.
They will, the Avengers Play Set (that includes an Iron Man figure & a Black Widow figure) and the Thor single figure all release on 11/4, same day as the Toy Box Starter Pack, all the Disney figures, the Disney power discs, & the digital version of the game.

Someone help me out on the power disc for 2.0.

Will all 40 marvel and all 40 disney disc be out at once? Am I going to have to try and complete an 80 disc set right from the start?

Do you guys/gals think I should start up a whole new thread for Disney Infinity 2.0 deal roundups?
I personally don't think so, why seperate 1.0 & 2.0 deals when it could all just be one thread. But that's up to you, I'll just follow the new thread, lol.

Someone help me out on the power disc for 2.0.

Will all 40 marvel and all 40 disney disc be out at once? Am I going to have to try and complete an 80 disc set right from the start?
No, 40 Marvel at launch, 40 Disney on 11/4, two more Disney in a Aladdin/Jasmine Toy Box pack in 2015.

I'm curious as to how any of you are expecting the pre-order bonus figure to stack with the additional figure when you buy two with the game. What exactly are you planning on doing to make that happen?
Preordering online and using in-store pickup might work.

Enter the store, go to the figures, pick out 3 you want, and go to the counter to pickup your online order. As the rep is doing your order, bring up how the ad says buy 2 get 1 free when buying DI.

I think in most cases, the rep will do whatever they have to do and you'll get the deal. If a rep gives resistance, say that you got the one free fig for preordering, and the other free fig is for buying DI and the other 2 figs as the ad says. I bet most people who attempt it this way will get the deals to stack.

It reminds me back when Watch Dogs was released. They gave a $10 cert for preordering, and in the ad they had a deal where if you bought WD and a PS+ membership you got $x off. I did the same thing as I listed above and got both deals. One is for preordering, and one is for buying,

Just thowing it out there. Give it a shot.

Preordering online and using in-store pickup might work.

Enter the store, go to the figures, pick out 3 you want, and go to the counter to pickup your online order. As the rep is doing your order, bring up how the ad says buy 2 get 1 free when buying DI.

I think in most cases, the rep will do whatever they have to do and you'll get the deal. If a rep gives resistance, say that you got the one free fig for preordering, and the other free fig is for buying DI and the other 2 figs as the ad says. I bet most people who attempt it this way will get the deals to stack.

It reminds me back when Watch Dogs was released. They gave a $10 cert for preordering, and in the ad they had a deal where if you bought WD and a PS+ membership you got $x off. I did the same thing as I listed above and got both deals. One is for preordering, and one is for buying,

Just thowing it out there. Give it a shot.
Not a bad plan actually. My issue will be that I need to exchange the PS3 copy I preordered for a PS4 copy, so that'll complicate stuff. And in an ideal world, I'd exchange my Spider-Man playset for the Guardians playset. We shall see what happens.

I think I might just buy the digital copy. The playsets are $27.99 before taxes if you have GCU...I'm definitely going to start with The Guardians of the Galaxy set.

I got an email from Disney Infinity today saying there would be 130 new power disc to collect. Wtf? I thought it was 'only' 40 at launch and 40 in Nov.?

Let us know what he says. I sure hope it's not gonna be 130 new disc.
It's 1.0 discs + 2.0 discs, he's answered the question before. 2.0 is bringing 82 new discs in 40 Marvel at launch & 40 Disney on 11/4. Plus there will be 2 additional Disney discs released in a Aladdin/Jasmine Toy Box Pack in 2015 that will be a Aladdin themed skydome/terrain, for a total of 82. The line says "Collect & trade over 130 power discs" the 'new' part is only in front of the 40s.

It's 1.0 discs + 2.0 discs, he's answered the question before. 2.0 is bringing 82 new discs in 40 Marvel at launch & 40 Disney on 11/4. Plus there will be 2 additional Disney discs released in a Aladdin/Jasmine Toy Box Pack in 2015 that will be a Aladdin themed skydome/terrain, for a total of 82. The line says "Collect & trade over 130 power discs" the 'new' part is only in front of the 40s.
The email I got states "over 130 NEW power disc to collect". Perhaps they just worded it wrong.

The email I got states "over 130 NEW power disc to collect". Perhaps they just worded it wrong.
I did just notice that, and yeah, they did word it wrong, the video in the e-mail says "40 New Marvel Power Discs" & "40 New Disney Discs" then says "Collect & trade over 130 power discs", so yeah they did make a typo in the e-mail, lol.

I'm going to try and stay away from the power discs this time all together. We will see how long that lasts.
I only purchased one pack of power discs & I never understood the need for them lol I know they add stuff but that's all they do right? Like these phineas and ferb piece I got made all the grass a different shade of green...I was blown away ::sarcasm::

I only purchased one pack of power discs & I never understood the need for them lol I know they add stuff but that's all they do right? Like these phineas and ferb piece I got made all the grass a different shade of green...I was blown away ::sarcasm::
I wish I had your will power. When ever there was a B1g1 I'd some how end up buying a bunch. Gonna try harder this time around. Only gonna get power packs if they free with item purchase. Must stay strong. :)

I'm going to try and stay away from the power discs this time all together. We will see how long that lasts.
That's my plan too. I gave up after series 2. No book to match the others, and no complete set like Target had for series 2 were enough to get me to stop. The discs with actual game content are enticing, but I thought I saw that they will be available in a non-blind buy package at some point. If so, I will probably get those depending on what they add to the game.

That's my plan too. I gave up after series 2. No book to match the others, and no complete set like Target had for series 2 were enough to get me to stop. The discs with actual game content are enticing, but I thought I saw that they will be available in a non-blind buy package at some point. If so, I will probably get those depending on what they add to the game.
See I could do some of the marvel ones but I don't think I have the $$ and the time to do 40 different ones. I almost wish each character would have came with two discs and they would have charged $2-$3 more per guy. I know that's not a money maker for them like the blind pack were but that would have made me happy.

Since this is my sons Xmas gift to go along with his WiiU I might try and score the playsets at Target next week and get the 4 free packs that come if I get both of them there and throw them in his stocking and be done with it.

What suck is tru is rumored to be having a disc trading event on the 27th from 2:00 to 4:00, but we have a wedding to attend that day. I would love to try and dump what I have of series one and two for any of the Marvel ones. Even if I have to trade 2 for 1 it would be worth it to me just to get rid of them.

yeah looks like scalpers are out in full force and looks like you can tell whats in the packages again!! this is good news for me but not everyone that blindly buys but doesnt know. Walmart seems to have started selling it in some places

Yea.. I'm not power disc collecting guys..... the crap that they put us through and then the ebay-cronies pack scratching/buy returning.. no thanks.  Targets collection was the best IMO.  But how often does my daughter use the discs?  Almost never.  And so I'm done with them.

That poster is missing quite a few of the Marvel figs.. I wonder what's the deal with that... it's not the full set, it's a shitty poster.

Yea.. I'm not power disc collecting guys..... the crap that they put us through and then the ebay-cronies pack scratching/buy returning.. no thanks. Targets collection was the best IMO. But how often does my daughter use the discs? Almost never. And so I'm done with them.

That poster is missing quite a few of the Marvel figs.. I wonder what's the deal with that... it's not the full set, it's a shitty poster.
The only power disc my kids ever use is the one with Anna on it, and that's just because it's Frozen. They have 4 more laying around that they received as gifts from their uncle (one of them rare, I think - Scrooge McDuck) that never get touched. The characters, they use all of them, with or without the game, so that's a lot easier to justify.

I'll be getting 6 power discs with 2.0 - The 4 that have the Toy Box games, and the 2 that come with Aladdin and Jasmine (my favorite Disney movie of all-time).

The only power disc my kids ever use is the one with Anna on it, and that's just because it's Frozen. They have 4 more laying around that they received as gifts from their uncle (one of them rare, I think - Scrooge McDuck) that never get touched. The characters, they use all of them, with or without the game, so that's a lot easier to justify.

I'll be getting 6 power discs with 2.0 - The 4 that have the Toy Box games, and the 2 that come with Aladdin and Jasmine (my favorite Disney movie of all-time).
Sorry haven't been keeping up with 2.0 till now, so dumb question. So there are power discs this time that do more than add a vehicle, terrain, or a sky? There are ones that add playable content to the toy box?

I just ended up making my own. It's not difficult.

10505602_10204322099477192_7470784621682822209_n.jpg

I didn't bother with any power discs at all for 1.0 outside the ones included with Wreck It Ralph, but I will be damn if I don't get the Darkwing Duck ratcatcher!

Here is a little more evidence/conformation that TRU will be having that Infinity disc trading event from 2:00 to 4:00 on the 27th.

http://vinylmationkingdom.com/2014/09/17/details-927-disney-infinity-2-0-event-toys-r-us/

Launch week deals include and are valid all week.

3 for $10 Power Disc Packs

3 for $33 Infinity Figures
Thanks for that. Hoping to price match the discs and figures at Best Buy so I can avoid the TRU madhouse on launch day.

$33 for 3 figures is a whopping $0.58 cheaper than the GCU discount, in case anyone cares.

bread's done
Back