Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently Toys R Us is doing a "50% off all Starter Packs and Playsets" sale and a "Buy 1 Disney Infinity item, get one for 40% off sale" at the same time. Anyone know if these two stack?
I think that ship has sailed. That stacked last week. I picked up a buttload of DI 2.0 power discs - 24, for $51.

According to Infinity Inquirer, the picture for the Starter Packs shows the 50%-off sale is valid until 1/03/2015 and the Playsets are 50%-off until 1/10/2015.  While a news article posted yesterday, and TRU's website, are showing the BOGO 40% off is valid throughout this week.  So they're both running...  Are you saying that the ability to stack them has simply been killed?  If so, which sale takes precedence then?

I'm about to go pickup the Gotg disc album at gamestop. I have the $5 kongregate coupon. Are there any other specials or eeals going on right now to get this any cheaper?
Personally I find the capsules to be much much better than these albums. They're pretty cheap and easily damaged for the price their asking. Especially when the capsules cost sooo much less. Its also a pain in the ass to get the discs out compared to the ease of the capsules. I ended up returning the 2.0 album I bought.

According to Infinity Inquirer, the picture for the Starter Packs shows the 50%-off sale is valid until 1/03/2015 and the Playsets are 50%-off until 1/10/2015. While a news article posted yesterday, and TRU's website, are showing the BOGO 40% off is valid throughout this week. So they're both running... Are you saying that the ability to stack them has simply been killed? If so, which sale takes precedence then?
I could have sworn that image said 1/10. But my TRU claims that this sale isn't happening so maybe it's YMMV?

Personally I find the capsules to be much much better than these albums. They're pretty cheap and easily damaged for the price their asking. Especially when the capsules cost sooo much less. Its also a pain in the ass to get the discs out compared to the ease of the capsules. I ended up returning the 2.0 album I bought.
I agree with you for the most part, but my ocd is forcing me to buy all of the albums since I already had the album for series 2 due to that target exclusive offer...lol

I could have sworn that image said 1/10. But my TRU claims that this sale isn't happening so maybe it's YMMV?
I think the same thing. My local TRU has taken down the signage for all 50% off playsets, and DI 1.0 Power Discs 5 for $5, etc - and when using the price scanner in my local Cleveland store the playsets are full price. I wasn't paying attention to the 50% off DI 1.0 Starter Sets though. I did see other 50% off signage like 50% off of Power Disc albums was also removed. So despite other sites reporting that the deal is good through early next year, TRU corporate may have changed this.

I agree with you for the most part, but my ocd is forcing me to buy all of the albums since I already had the album for series 2 due to that target exclusive offer...lol
I feel the same way. I like that all my albums look the same. I may pick up the Marvel 2.0 album too.

Answering my own question again: Two Playsets did ring up 50% off and the BOGO 40% off did stack with it.  Score!  The (1.0) Starter Set did ring up 50%, as did the Playset that I matched with it, but the 40% did not come off.  Ugh!  The guy walkie-talkied in back to see if the BOGO 40% sign was anywhere near the Starter Kit (despite me showing him a picture on my phone that I had taken moments earlier that said the sale was on all figures, games and accessories) and once he got confirmation that it was, he told them to move the sign away from the Starter Kit because he "didn't want to give people the impression that the Starter Kit was included", and then manually over-rode the Playset to get me the 40% off.

My Mrs. Incredible and Violet both lost their heads, and my Hiro split at the waist. I wound up having to use an exacto knife to cut out all the poorly slathered on glue in Hiro's lower half in order to get him to fit together properly. Oh well.
Damn, I didn't realize these things are so fragile! Should I just keep them in the packages then? They still register on the power base.

Damn, I didn't realize these things are so fragile! Should I just keep them in the packages then? They still register on the power base.
Most figures actually aren't that fragile. The larger guys, like Sully and Ralph, feel nicely weighted and sturdy. Violet and Mrs. Incredible are probably the most fragile due to both their small stature and the poses they are in.

Answering my own question again: Two Playsets did ring up 50% off and the BOGO 40% off did stack with it. Score! The (1.0) Starter Set did ring up 50%, as did the Playset that I matched with it, but the 40% did not come off. Ugh! The guy walkie-talkied in back to see if the BOGO 40% sign was anywhere near the Starter Kit (despite me showing him a picture on my phone that I had taken moments earlier that said the sale was on all figures, games and accessories) and once he got confirmation that it was, he told them to move the sign away from the Starter Kit because he "didn't want to give people the impression that the Starter Kit was included", and then manually over-rode the Playset to get me the 40% off.
So when you rang the playsets up they were coming up $17.99? That's great for you. Seems like it's a little YMMV for this deal to work this week.

Most figures actually aren't that fragile. The larger guys, like Sully and Ralph, feel nicely weighted and sturdy. Violet and Mrs. Incredible are probably the most fragile due to both their small stature and the poses they are in.
Damn, making me a bit worried about some of the ones I ordered. Got Jack Skellington/Stitch/Merida at Gamestop.com from the B2G1, hopefully they come in good condition (Especially Jack, since he's so slim)

They had Randall for a short bit, but he sold out in the time I was putting my info in lol. If all the ones I ordered come in, I'll have all of 1.0 outside of Davy Jones, Randall, Mater, and Sorcerer Mickey. (Decided to pass on the crystal figures out of sheer will, most look ugly to me anyway)

Is Randy worth it for $10 plus tax? I found one @ Target (decided to purchase now & make up my mind later)

I also got the Sidekicks 3 pack for $15 @ a Disney store

Is Randy worth it for $10 plus tax? I found one @ Target (decided to purchase now & make up my mind later)

I also got the Sidekicks 3 pack for $15 @ a Disney store
Definitely for Randy. Cheapest I see otherwise is like 20$+ at Amazon, unless you luck out and find a used one at GS or a new one somewhere.

So when you rang the playsets up they were coming up $17.99? That's great for you. Seems like it's a little YMMV for this deal to work this week.
Yep, I actually ran all four items under the price scanner in the aisle, just to make sure they rang up the sale prices before I approached the register. $37.49 for the 1.0 Starter Set and $17.99 for each of the playsets. There were no signs regarding the playsets being 50% off in the aisle, but they displayed correctly in the price checker. The Starter set still had it's 50% off sign up, though, with the same sale dates as the picture from Infinity Inquirer.

What about storage? Any recommendations, either official Infinity storage, or unofficial, like figurine cases?
I use Snapware Snap N Stack ornament storage containers. Walmart sells them for about $8 (the ones with 2 layers). I can fit 16 characters per layer. I can cram even more Skylanders in since they don't have the big bases that Infinity figures have.

DSCN1979.jpg

No, the first playset will be 50% off, the second playset will be 50% off and then another 40% off.

$35.99 - 50% = $17.99

$17.99 - 40% = $10.79

Unlike:

$35.99 - 90% = $3.60

Big Difference.

I use Snapware Snap N Stack ornament storage containers. Walmart sells them for about $8 (the ones with 2 layers). I can fit 16 characters per layer. I can cram even more Skylanders in since they don't have the big bases that Infinity figures have.

DSCN1979.jpg
Have you got an item or model number for that? Looks perfect, but all the ones I see are $30+...

Have you got an item or model number for that? Looks perfect, but all the ones I see are $30+...
I've never had any luck finding these online, so you'll probably have to get them in store. Mine had them with all the Christmas stuff, as well as back where they have clothes hangers. Lids come in red and green.

DSCN1982.jpg

Check your TRu again. My stock restocked on some 1.0. Was able to score francesco mater mrs incredible and violet. These were the last figures i was missing so it was all good. Sucks they werent there when TRU had that 2 for $20 deal though. Now had to pay extra to get these.

DSCN1979.jpg
I picked up a lot of the official Infinity individual display cases that snap together when they were being clearanced out but the bigger and taller infinity figures won't fit. This looks like that will solve my problem for those figures like Hulk, Venom, Ralph, etc. Thanks!

Edit: Looking a little bit closer, it looks like they might have trouble fitting in there too. Have you tried fitting any of the bigger figures in these storage bins? The only one I see in the pic that won't fit in the display cases I have is Davey and it's more of a height issue.

Went to TRU, and they do indeed have all their 1.0 playsets at half price, whether it's advertised or not, and they DO stack with the b1g1 40% off.

Also, it's too late now, as it ended on the 30th, but Gamestop had select Infinity accessories for 50% off, including storage cases.

I picked up a lot of the official Infinity individual display cases that snap together when they were being clearanced out but the bigger and taller infinity figures won't fit. This looks like that will solve my problem for those figures like Hulk, Venom, Ralph, etc. Thanks!

Edit: Looking a little bit closer, it looks like they might have trouble fitting in there too. Have you tried fitting any of the bigger figures in these storage bins? The only one I see in the pic that won't fit in the display cases I have is Davey and it's more of a height issue.
Hulk and Venom are tight fits with their size (and big ass tongue), but they do fit. I'll post a pic tomorrow. Overall, I'm happy with the containers, especially since they're relatively cheap. If you want them, I'd hit up Walmart (or maybe other big box stores) soon since they are a seasonal item.

Best buy has the 1.0 playsets for $20/$16gcu.

They also have the 3DS starter kit for $25/$20gcu and a matching character to go with the 3 starter playsets for $11/$9gcu.

I picked up the starter set and 3 "sidekicks" for my 2 boys for $48 shipped. The 3DS game is crap but $48 for the 3 original playsets is a deal.

Plus the other 3 playsets will be about $50 shipped.

DSCN1979.jpg
Thanks for posting this, spooky.
I picked up two green ones yesterday. (Less glitter on the lid...)
They were $8.9X at my store. They had about five red ones left on the shelf. May pick up a couple for the future.

Pretty close, but expensive, even on sale.

Amazon has these three-tiered ones. Again, comparably expensive.

Hulk and Venom are tight fits with their size (and big ass tongue), but they do fit. I'll post a pic tomorrow. Overall, I'm happy with the containers, especially since they're relatively cheap. If you want them, I'd hit up Walmart (or maybe other big box stores) soon since they are a seasonal item.
The Cars figures are a little tight too, but I can live with it. My wife will be happy too without the figures scattered everywhere.

Best buy has the 1.0 playsets for $20/$16gcu.

They also have the 3DS starter kit for $25/$20gcu and a matching character to go with the 3 starter playsets for $11/$9gcu.

I picked up the starter set and 3 "sidekicks" for my 2 boys for $48 shipped. The 3DS game is crap but $48 for the 3 original playsets is a deal.

Plus the other 3 playsets will be about $50 shipped.
Just picked up the cars,lone ranger, and toy story play sets. Didn't even know they were on sale until i saw your post.

Also picked up barbossa from kmart for $5. Will go pick it up later today hopefully.

Here's the link for Barbossa since i didn't see it posted in this thread but i originally saw it over at SD.

http://www.kmart.com/disney-interactive-disney-infinity-barbossa-figure/p-018W006141947001P?prdNo=8&blockNo=8&blockType=G8

Here's a couple pics. A few figures squeeze the cardboard a bit (Hulk, Venom, Francesco), but overall, everyone fits. Height isn't a problem for any of them. 

Edit: The cardboard dividers have slots to only have 3 squares per row, so you could do that and put all the chubbies together. I was just trying to get as many as possible in.

DSCN1988.jpg

DSCN1987.jpg

Thanks for posting this, spooky.
I picked up two green ones yesterday. (Less glitter on the lid...)
They were $8.9X at my store. They had about five red ones left on the shelf. May pick up a couple for the future.

Pretty close, but expensive, even on sale.

Amazon has these three-tiered ones. Again, comparably expensive.

The Cars figures are a little tight too, but I can live with it. My wife will be happy too without the figures scattered everywhere.
Glad I could help!

Edit: Neither my green nor red lids are glittery. Mine must be leftover from last year.

Can't find any of these at any Wal-Marts near me, nor is it on their website. If it is a seasonal item, I guess I can't get any more figures until next Christmas when they start selling these again.

Btw, I stopped by my local BJs Wholesale Club and saw the Disney Infinity 1.0 3DS starter pack for $11.98. I'll probably go back and pick up a set tomorrow since my brother-in-law just got the Wii U DI 2.0 and he'd like the figures from the 1.0 starter set. I could care less about the 3DS game. 

Ordered Woody from walmart for instore pick for $7 and also just ordered

the Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope pack from microsoft store for $16 with free shipping.

I somehow remember saying i wasn't going to try to get all the characters but then all these deals keep popping up and i tell myself they are to good to pass up and i won't find them this cheap again,but hey at least the kids will have fun with them lol.They just recently got the first infinity game a couple months ago when target had it on sale for $30 and they got 2.0 for Christmas along with all the playsets for it and half the characters i believe.

I commend those of you seeking out full sets, but I just can't do it. Theres a few characters I just have no desire to play with so I can't bring myself to buy them. With 1.0 it was Barbossa and Francesco and with 2.0 I really don't see myself buying a few of the less interesting characters unless they go on sale mega cheap. Nick Fury and Hawkeye just aren't happening.

I commend those of you seeking out full sets, but I just can't do it. Theres a few characters I just have no desire to play with so I can't bring myself to buy them. With 1.0 it was Barbossa and Francesco and with 2.0 I really don't see myself buying a few of the less interesting characters unless they go on sale mega cheap. Nick Fury and Hawkeye just aren't happening.
Hawkeye is actually a really good character - he's playable for free on the PC version right now (three characters are unlocked for a certain time, then replaced with three more). I do agree though - I go for the characters I like rather than who's the best.

Another thing to consider is that a lot of characters are palette swaps - all three Toy Story characters are more or less identical, as are all the Cars and Pirates. 2.0 with the skill trees and more abilities seemed to alleviate this somewhat, but there are characters, such as Hawkeye and Rocket Raccoon (the best selling Infinity figure of all time, beating out Elsa), that play very similar to each other. Hawkeye's supposedly better in-game, but screw that, I'd rather play as Rocket!

Hawkeye is actually a really good character - he's playable for free on the PC version right now (three characters are unlocked for a certain time, then replaced with three more).
Maybe ill try him out, I figured he would be a decent ranged character, but his sculpt looks awful and I know my daughter won't use him if he can't fly, jump really high like Hulk, or climb buildings. She'll use Elsa because its, well, Elsa, but I see her treating Hawkeye about the same as Natasha, which is basically tossed back on the shelf in favor of Stark, Thor, or Hulk.

Picked up Barbosa at Kmart last night for $5.  They only had 2 others, Dash ($10), and Vanelope/Wreck it Ralph pack ($15). I also picked up the two pack.

Picked up Barbosa at Kmart last night for $5. They only had 2 others, Dash ($10), and Vanelope/Wreck it Ralph pack ($15). I also picked up the two pack.
Ought to check them out.

BTW, are the Monsters U characters as useless as they seem? They're fine in their own world, but outside of it, their signature scare move does absolutely nothing, leaving them with just a shoulder charge as an offensive weapon.

Welp, I'm 3 figures away from a complete 1.0 set (Assuming my Jack Skellington, Violet, and Rapunzel figures come in 1 piece). Got most of Series 2 as well....god help me.

Glad I could help!

Edit: Neither my green nor red lids are glittery. Mine must be leftover from last year.
You know, I went back the next day and they had restocked (all red, no green) and I didn't see a single one with glitter.
Maybe it was actual glitter that had fallen off something else that I saw the first time.

If anyone is still looking for those snap containers and struck out at Walmart, I found them at my local Christmas Tree Shop chain.
Just curious as to how much?
My wife thinks Target usually carries Snapware products, but I haven't checked yet.

Just curious as to how much?

My wife thinks Target usually carries Snapware products, but I haven't checked yet.
Same price but you can only purchase them in 4 tiers instead of 2. So just double.

Found a Green Goblin and some Ronan's at Target this morning...couldn't buy them because they are street dated for the 13th?!?!
That would be correct. Not understanding the confusion.

bread's done
Back