Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Cartwheel + PM got me the Super Heroes 2.0 starter for $24 and the Guardians Play Set for 15.70 today. Figures are 9.99 at Walmart.com - would make them $6 each after PM and CW at Target...
Where did you price match from?

Stupid me, I saw ya mentioned walmart and then checked there so I guess that's where. Thanks!

Where did you price match from?

Stupid me, I saw ya mentioned walmart and then checked there so I guess that's where. Thanks!
Yeah - WM for the starter set. The Guardians set was $27.15 at WM and Amazon, so you can use either. I didn't even add anything to that transaction. Clerk PM'ed and scanned my CW app and price went to $15.70.

Yeah - WM for the starter set. The Guardians set was $27.15 at WM and Amazon, so you can use either. I didn't even add anything to that transaction. Clerk PM'ed and scanned my CW app and price went to $15.70.
Awesome, I'll hafta try my luck then. Sucks that I was there yesterday and didn't know about the Walmart sale and now hafta wait until Thursday or try to go early morning before work.

Went to my local TRU. They only had series 2 packs. Bought 24 packs for $6+tax. Hope i get to complete this series from them. The duplicates will be a good goody bag stuffer for my son's disney theme bday party. Hehe

Ugh fucking school. Got to the TRU to see 2 old guys with a cart full of discs including all of the series 1.

Glad i did an instore pickup for 5 atleast....

So grabbed me 20 Series 1 and 20 Series 2 packs at one store this morning. Only one I went to. Those including the 15 from the store pickup were the first packs I ever gotten and I did pretty good. There were no Series 3 though :( The store also mixed up the series 3 I ordered and gave me 4 2.0 Marvel packs and 1 2.0 DO pack. Oh well, I didn't say nothing.

Got all Series 1 except Nemo (Skydome), Astro Blaster Skycruiser,

Got all Series 2 except Condorman Glider, Jolly Roger, Pizza Planet Delivery Truck

The store still had 100+ Series 2 and around 20 Series 1 left at the TRU by Reliant/NRG Stadium for anybody interested.

Ended up Carl's Cane short of a full set of series 1 from 21 S1 packs. That ain't bad.

Got all the rares from series 2 and a lot of the commons from the rare packs of series 2. I'll finish the rest as soon as I turn some of these discs around to get the cost back.

I hate that I'm back in this shit again, but glad that it was so cheap to get in. Looking forward to playing the Guardians and Avengers sets, anyway.

I ripped through my series 1 packs. I'm not sure what the actual rare ones are, but of the "3 rares" I got 2 aladdin, 2 buzz, and 1 dumbo.

I think I am missing one of the circle ones.

Ran by a Target and managed to get a PM on the last Wave 1 and 3 packs they had. The employees were looking at me like I was crazy, but couldnt refuse the PM.

Unluckily seems like all doubles except one or two discs......

Also 3.0 figures leaked?

disney-infinity-3.0-leaked-figurines.jpg

I was tempted to clean out my local TRU yesterday in an effort to make complete Series sets for sale on eBay, but that was probably not worth the time and effort.

Ran by a Target and managed to get a PM on the last Wave 1 and 3 packs they had. The employees were looking at me like I was crazy, but couldnt refuse the PM.

Also 3.0 figures leaked?

disney-infinity-3.0-leaked-figurines.jpg
That's awesome. My target has been sold out of 1.0 power discs for a while. I'll have to hit up some different targets this week and try my luck with some series 3 packs.

I was never that big of a fan of Mulan, but that leaked 3.0 figure looks pretty cool.

For target to price match does there need to be a toysrus within a certain distance to the store or will they price match it no matter what.

Closest toysrus is probably 50+ miles.

Also is there a limit when price matching?  I know on toysrus.com limit is 5 of each series but if your price matching at target will they limit you to 5 as well?

Thats a weak series 3 lineup so far. Inside out characters, mulan, tron characters, olaf? Where are the star wars figures? Hehe

Thats a weak series 3 lineup so far. Inside out characters, mulan, tron characters, olaf? Where are the star wars figures? Hehe
If you look at your 2.0 figure packaging, Disney and Marvel lineups don't get to live together on the box art. I'd expect three separate package backs for 3.0 with Star Wars, Marvel, and "Disney Originals" - and we're looking at the latter. (Or a fake that Disney Interactive has decided to make look real by convincing fansites to sit on the info.) Tron characters are already implemented for PC (likely just weren't manufactured in time for 2.0), Mulan is confirmed by the voice actress, Olaf is a license to print money (I'll need one for my daughter), and it's hardly a surprise that they're promoting their new film.

If anything, I would have expected more Disney characters and probably a smaller Marvel contingent this year - also, does it really make sense to blow through the top 10-15 Star Wars characters in the first year? But there is so much info we don't have that it's really too soon to tell.

You can't afford to eat $3.00?
I can but why would I keep all of these if I could just return them? I'm gonna be back at TRU for something else eventually, the return transaction itself will take a minute of my time, I can spend the money on something else while I'm there and lastly, and most importantly, what the hell would I do with all of these discs I don't need? It's not like I got one of each. Seriously I got like4x Cinderella's carriage, 4x Carl Frederickson's cane, 4x finding Nemo, 4x Alice in Wonderland. Offering them up on the trading threads is useless and a waste of time since I am sure no one needs or wants them. Makes no sense to keep them.

No issues on getting a price match of my last remaining 2.0 figures from Target.com that I needed to complete the set.  Could have probably saved a few cents getting some Amazon price matches, but there was less resistance with matching their own site.  

No issues on getting a price match of my last remaining 2.0 figures from Target.com that I needed to complete the set. Could have probably saved a few cents getting some Amazon price matches, but there was less resistance with matching their own site.
And you used Cartwheel, right?????

[quote name="slowdive21" post="12651393" timestamp="1429573912"]Crap I should have bought more. I opened my series 2 packs and I got 3 muppets bus and 1 peter pan. I must be missing one of the rares.[/quote]

Damn i opened 24 series 2 packs and never got the muppet bus! Sheesh!

Damn i opened 24 series 2 packs and never got the muppet bus! Sheesh!
I had 40. I think they may be about 1:12 for the rares. At least that seems to be my average in each series. I haven't seen the packs in their original box, so I am not sure if they post the odds on it or not.

[quote name="slowdive21" post="12651547" timestamp="1429578692"]I had 40. I think they may be about 1:12 for the rares. At least that seems to be my average in each series. I haven't seen the packs in their original box, so I am not sure if they post the odds on it or not.[/quote]

Yeah i had alot of duplicates too for series 2. The only discs im missing now are:

Round - chernabogs power
Hexagon - mickeys car, electric mayhem bus, astrobkasters space cruiser, dragon firework canon.

I believe most of them are series 3. And my TRU never had series 3 instore. Grrr!

amazon has price matched toysrus for series 2 at $.25 each and they limit you to 3.

http://www.amazon.com/DISNEY-INFINITY-Power-Disc-Playstation-3/dp/B00EC6VUGQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1429579919&sr=1-1&keywords=disney+infinity+power+disc

Hopefully they price match the other 2 series as well.
wonder if anyone will be an a$$ and just order one. its eligible for amazon prime. hehe!

series 1 and 3 is OOS from amazon so thats definitely a no go. tsk!

does it really make sense to blow through the top 10-15 Star Wars characters in the first year?

Also 3.0 figures leaked?
Looks like Mickey, Minnie, Mulan, Olaf, Sam Flynn and Quorra of Tron Legacy, and the four "feelings" from Inside Out, but who is that to the right of Quorra?

Looks like Mickey, Minnie, Mulan, Olaf, Sam Flynn and Quorra of Tron Legacy, and the four "feelings" from Inside Out, but who is that to the right of Quorra?
lineup.jpg

here's a closer picture!

honestly, it kinda weird to have Mulan in this line up. they should have just included CLU instead. He's way more badass! hehe!

This is really strange. I was looking over checklists and I thought to myself. I wish I would have found series 3 packs because I want the demon from fantasia's disc.

As I was going trough my bag, I found 1 unopened pack. I then looked at the pack and noticed it was series 3. Somehow I ended up with 1 series 3 pack, didn't notice it at the store and didn't notice it when I went through and opened my packs. I tore it open and he was in it.

I pulled the disc I wanted, but I may have made a deal with the Devil to do so...either that or I am magic.

Opened 50 packs of Series 1 and 2 and went from nothing to almost completing both series only need 5 (user control, command shield, Astro Blasters, pieces of eight, and damage control). With the amount of doubles I have I could not imagine paying $5 a pack.

With the amount of doubles I have I could not imagine paying $5 a pack.
Don't forget - with passive ability discs, such as Pieces of eight, Star Command Shield, and Ralphs Wrecking Power, stacking two of the same disc doubles the effect. With two players, up to four discs is useful.

Don't forget - with passive ability discs, such as Pieces of eight, Star Command Shield, and Ralphs Wrecking Power, stacking two of the same disc doubles the effect. With two players, up to four discs is useful.
Seems in practice this is false. It won't read two discs - turns your character ghostly, like when you remove them from the base. The stackable power on their website must o ly apply to 2.0 discs.

Not true.  All I've played so far is DI 1.  I stack a pair of User Controls when I want to level and a stack of Lucky Dimes when I play playsets.  Made it through 5/6 playsets so far this way.  I have encountered the ghosting problem you mentioned, though.  It is often certain figures that would do it if they have trouble reading through the discs.  Often I will wipe down the discs and bottom of the figs, as well as rotate the discs so they are facing 180 degrees in the opposite direction.

[quote name="LLeopardGGecko" post="12652809" timestamp="1429646243"]Anyone think it's worth trying to find discs today? I happened to check the thread this morning and am facepalming for waiting so long.[/quote]

Some stores still have the packs instock. The Disney infinity hype died down since the amiibo craze started. It also didnt help the the figures that they had lined up for 2.0 was weak. Heck i didnt even bothered preordering the the last wave of char (loki,falcon,yandu) and everystore now has them. Hehe!

Id be waiting for 2.0 packs to go onsale before even buying them. If TRU can sell 1.0 packs @ $0.25 each, there is no reason to ever buy furure power packs at retail of $4.99 anymore. Thats just ridiculous.

I doubt you'll have problems finding Series 2 packs.  Just check the site and use the in-store pickup option to check stock.

Nope. I just ordered another series 1 album for $5 and shoved em in there.
Great idea. I will do the same if I can complete series 3.

Anyone think it's worth trying to find discs today? I happened to check the thread this morning and am facepalming for waiting so long.
I'm heading out soon to give it a shot. I'll report back later. I have in store pickups to pickup, so at least I won't be totally empty handed if they sold out.

I doubt you'll have problems finding Series 2 packs. Just check the site and use the in-store pickup option to check stock.
I think that option has been gone ever since it was posted to the front page of slickdeals.

Some stores still have the packs instock. The Disney infinity hype died down since the amiibo craze started. It also didnt help the the figures that they had lined up for 2.0 was weak. Heck i didnt even bothered preordering the the last wave of char (loki,falcon,yandu) and everystore now has them. Hehe! Id be waiting for 2.0 packs to go onsale before even buying them. If TRU can sell 1.0 packs @ $0.25 each, there is no reason to ever buy furure power packs at retail of $4.99 anymore. Thats just ridiculous.
110% agreed. I'm crazy enough to actually spend $1 each on some 2.0 packs. If they have as much 2.0 stock as they do 1.0 stock, there's no chance in hell I would ever pay more than that. I'm a patient cheapassgamer. I will happily wait a year or however long it takes.

This is really strange. I was looking over checklists and I thought to myself. I wish I would have found series 3 packs because I want the demon from fantasia's disc.

As I was going trough my bag, I found 1 unopened pack. I then looked at the pack and noticed it was series 3. Somehow I ended up with 1 series 3 pack, didn't notice it at the store and didn't notice it when I went through and opened my packs. I tore it open and he was in it.

I pulled the disc I wanted, but I may have made a deal with the Devil to do so...either that or I am magic.
I love when that happens. I remember trading for a Tron disc and then getting that same disc in a pack later that day. Whoops.

How can you use the game to see what discs are in the packs without opening them?
Start a game in Toybox mode and place the pack on the base for the appropriate shape. You may get errors (especially if the pack has one hex and one circle), but usually something will flash on the screen telling you what it is.

bread's done
Back