Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel weirdly the opposite I love Marvel. While the movies are more recent the comics are my childhood. I'd rather have some original Disney playsets then just random figures you know?

I'd flip out for a Mulan playset though ngl. Give me Mulan, General Han, Shan Yu, and Mushu and I'll jump ship right now.

Who wants more Disney?! You got it...

Walmart has put up pre-orders for...

Donald Duck, Tinkerbell, Stitch, Crystal Sorcerer Mickey, Hiro and Bay Max.

Plus a Disney Original's Set? Check out more...

Source: http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/06/11/tinkerbell-donald-duck-stitch-and-much-more-leaked-by-walmart/

Walmart Direct Link: http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?Find=Find&_refineresult=true&ic=32_0&pref_store=5795&search_constraint=0&search_query=infinity+2.0&ss=false&tab_value=all&facet=retailer%3AWalmart.com

Who wants more Disney?! You got it...

Walmart has put up pre-orders for...

Donald Duck, Tinkerbell, Stitch, Crystal Sorcerer Mickey, Hiro and Bay Max.

Plus a Disney Original's Set? Check out more...

Source: http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/06/11/tinkerbell-donald-duck-stitch-and-much-more-leaked-by-walmart/

Walmart Direct Link: http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?Find=Find&_refineresult=true&ic=32_0&pref_store=5795&search_constraint=0&search_query=infinity+2.0&ss=false&tab_value=all&facet=retailer%3AWalmart.com
If it is true they will have two different starter versions, I will jump on that Disney Originals one for sure. Marvel is not that interesting to me but I do like the thought of a couple of the figures but Donald Duck alone is much more appealing to me.

That's cool. A set with "real" Disney characters is potentially a lot more appealing than a purely Marvel one. For me anyway.

Although I guess it's difficult to pin down exactly who's a "real" Disney character when even 1.0 may as well have been called Pixar Infinity instead. :lol:

So...this hopefully means they give the option to skip any and all Marvel B.S. I wanted Infinity on the One, but once I saw it was going to be $75 of Marvel dog crap as a required purchase, I was over it. If they're then going to give the game and ONLY Disney characters for less than the Marvel pack? Well, count me as hesitantly back in...for now.

Sweet! I love the idea of a second set of just Disney focus. Paves the way for a Star Wars DI set next year too. I do think it's funny that two of the characters from the DI: DO set are Hiro and Baymax - who are from the new animated feature film Big Hero 6...which are based on the Marvel Comics characters. You can't escape Marvel in DI even if you tried!  =P~

Thanks for the tip about the Spider-Man playset free with the preorder. I don't have GCU (just missed the cut-off to be grandfathered in and spending $120 is not going to happen), but even so it's a good deal since I already have a $50 gift card for BB. I'm too cheap a gamer and too much of a backlog to get in on that deal. 

Thanks for the tip about the Spider-Man playset free with the preorder. I don't have GCU (just missed the cut-off to be grandfathered in and spending $120 is not going to happen), but even so it's a good deal since I already have a $50 gift card for BB. I'm too cheap a gamer and too much of a backlog to get in on that deal.
GCU is on sale for $60 right now for the two years. If you buy this, you already save $15 of that $60.

Not saying it's for everyone, but you're essentially only paying $45 instead of $120.

Damn, the wal-mart news makes me want to sell of my current collection.

Shit just got crazy expensive...even with waiting out on sales. X_x

Oh well at least I got some cute/cool figurines to decorate some wall shelves, kind of give it a break from the heaps of games/blu-rays/dvds.

I don't care about Marvel at all either(DC is where it's at), so unless this Originals bundle is real or it's heavily Disney influenced alongside Marvel - I'm skipping 2.0.

Also, terrible name...  Should just be "2" or have a sub-title thrown in.

Thanks for the update on the GCU. That's not a bad deal with it combined. I'll have to weigh the options and see if it's worth it. I rarely pay full price for games and my backlog is pretty much like anyone else's on CAG. In fact that's one of the reasons why I don't have an Xbox One/PS4 yet. Too many games I need to play on the older consoles!

Decided to bite on the BB deal with PS3 Starter and Spidey bundle for 59.99, had $10 GC from murdered deal, so not bad.

Did you do this yourself vader?

Just wondering how much info. to give up.

Tell them the two sku's and it'll automatically give you a total of $74.99, or do you have to bring attention to the fact that the offer doesn't include the Wii U version?

I ended up doing the best buy preorder to get spiderman playset. I wasn't sure I was going to end up buying back into Infinity but that deal is too good to pass up.

I'm honestly probably going to wait for a while after release.  I'll wait for deals and I'm not entirely sure what system I'll buy for.  After trying the PC version I realized how bad the Wii U version was.

Did you do this yourself vader?

Just wondering how much info. to give up.

Tell them the two sku's and it'll automatically give you a total of $74.99, or do you have to bring attention to the fact that the offer doesn't include the Wii U version?
I called and asked them why I could not order the Wii U version on the web site and get the free figure. She said I should be able to and that she would have to do an override. When she asked which figure I wanted for free, I told her the web site lists the Spider-man play set as an option. She put the order in for me for the Wii U version and a free Spider-man play set.

Scored a like new Wii U starter set for my sons birthday on Ebay for $21. Picked up a few figures in the 3 for $35 deal at TRU. (He MUST have Jack Skellington!) Now I need deals on the disc packs.....

I called and asked them why I could not order the Wii U version on the web site and get the free figure. She said I should be able to and that she would have to do an override. When she asked which figure I wanted for free, I told her the web site lists the Spider-man play set as an option. She put the order in for me for the Wii U version and a free Spider-man play set.
Getting ready to call, found out they added the Wii U option to the website. (And still have the Playset for free!)

Getting ready to call, found out they added the Wii U option to the website. (And still have the Playset for free!)
Well, now I'm torn. Do I keep my PS4 pre-order, or cancel and switch to Wii-U? I don't have enough info about the new version to make an educated decision. I chose Wii-U for the original infinity because of the gamepad integration (and because I found it cheap), but if they do something with Vita for the PS4 version (unlikely, I guess), then I may want to go with that one.

I also asked if I can upgrade to the collector's edition with the hulk once it becomes available and still take advantage of the free figure/play set promotion. They said no, I can't upgrade. But I imagine I wouldn't have a problem just switching it out in store.

Well I have a pending charge on my account for the $59.99. Hopefully it drops off in a couple days and it's just an authorization, because if not, they're gonna get a nasty phone call from me.
Ok thank you! Also wondering how you guys are getting it for 59.99? Did I miss something? Might have missed this too but how long is this promo going on for?

Nice. Haha. Gotta love best buy.

I asked 2 people in store and I asked the chat person on best buy.com. I would hope they knew what they were talking about but I had my doubts. Keep me posted.

My own "problem" is that I will probably get an Xbox One/PS4 in late 2015. Do I get the 360 version now and just get the updated console edition next year again when it's cheaper?

Well I have a pending charge on my account for the $59.99. Hopefully it drops off in a couple days and it's just an authorization, because if not, they're gonna get a nasty phone call from me.
I don't know if they still do this, but Best Buy online orders periodically would ping your card every so often to make sure you still had the funds available. It never actually charged, but it would tie up the available credit.

So wait, there will be a digital upgrade to 2.0 and the figures will be available separately that are included in the starter? So my preordering to get the free Spidey set makes no sense since I already have Infinity, right? Ugh.

So wait, there will be a digital upgrade to 2.0 and the figures will be available separately that are included in the starter? So my preordering to get the free Spidey set makes no sense since I already have Infinity, right? Ugh.
Wait... what's this all about? When did they announce you can just upgrade 1.0 to 2.0? Anyone know price?

Where'd you hear about a digital upgrade?
I just googled it and found this link: http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/6/5785180/disney-infinity-2-0-preview-e3-2014-avalanche-software

Disney will give owners of Disney Infinity the opportunity to purchase a digital upgrade to this year's game through the PlayStation Store, Wii U eShop or Xbox Games Store, an offer that makes sense with the company referring to the franchise as a software platform. Players can then go out and purchase the new characters individually, or buy packages such as the Play Set for Marvel's The Avengers, instead of paying for another Starter Pack. (The existing Infinity Base will also work with the new game.)
I wasn't aware of this and you guys just saved me from pre-ordering it too. this is awesome to hear and I'd much rather just upgrade what I have without getting another base, disc, etc.

EDIT:

Even more info here: http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/05/02/disney-infinity-2-0-so-what-all-is-going-to-be-compatible/

This definitely needs a concrete explanation. Is it something where if you own 1.0, you get a free 2.0 download, or a discounted one? Is it a cross-platform option, or even cross-manufacturer? If I got 1.0 for the Wii U (something I opted not to do because 2.0 is coming), could I get the DL for free on my One, or just a Wii U?

I need the 'tails.

I just googled it and found this link: http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/6/5785180/disney-infinity-2-0-preview-e3-2014-avalanche-software

I wasn't aware of this and you guys just saved me from pre-ordering it too. this is awesome to hear and I'd much rather just upgrade what I have without getting another base, disc, etc.

EDIT:

Even more info here: http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/05/02/disney-infinity-2-0-so-what-all-is-going-to-be-compatible/
YES!

Edit: I have wanted the first one digital for forever, so I'm glad I can at least get 2.0 digital.

This definitely needs a concrete explanation. Is it something where if you own 1.0, you get a free 2.0 download, or a discounted one? Is it a cross-platform option, or even cross-manufacturer? If I got 1.0 for the Wii U (something I opted not to do because 2.0 is coming), could I get the DL for free on my One, or just a Wii U?

I need the 'tails.
I talked to the manager at my best buy here about this (idk how reliable he is so take it for what its worth) and he said the digital upgrade would not be cross platform meaning if you have the 360 DI 1.0 you can't digitally upgrade it to 2.0 on your xbone only in your 360! He says these are not programmed for cross platform use. Again not sure how reliable that is but he seems to know what he is talking about.

I mean, that's about what I'd expect, but Disney MUST realize that many are going from 360 to One or PS3 to PS4 (maybe even Wii to Wii U!!!) this year, and would like to have the same option as those staying in the past.

Not to mention that a Digital upgrade would be even cheaper when you include the discounts on XBL/ PSN/ Nintendo cards when we see them on sale.

Last weeks XBL credit at Bestbuy was $20 cash for $30 in XBL credit ($25 card for $20, plus $5 extra).   Deals like this cut the price by 33% right off the bat.   Even if it's $60 (which i highly doubt), you'll only pay $40 out of your pocket.   So I can definitely see Digital being the BETTER deal here depending on what kinds of deals we see for the figures ($6-7 figure again).

That Infinity Inquirer article points out that the 2.0 digital is only Toy Box mode, which makes sense. So, I guess you can buy the adventures a la carte with figures? I like the idea of the game as a platform, and you just apply/remove adventures as desired.

This isn't so great if the digital version is Toy Box only, and if you want to play the adventures packed into starters and play sets, you need the disc. Still, I guess every step taken forward is a good thing.

Considering the base for the game does nothing else useful beyond holding down loose paper or leveling a table, I can't see why they wouldn't let you buy the digital version on any platform you wish. I think any 'discount' you get from Disney is the fact you are buying it for less than the physical bundle in a store because you aren't buying the pieces of plastic. I don't think you're going to get anything off the price for having a 1.0 disc laying around - this is Disney, remember?

The only angle might be customer service for anyone migrating on or off an Xbox platform and the compatibility of the base connection.

That Infinity Inquirer article points out that the 2.0 digital is only Toy Box mode, which makes sense. So, I guess you can buy the adventures a la carte with figures? I like the idea of the game as a platform, and you just apply/remove adventures as desired.

This isn't so great if the digital version is Toy Box only, and if you want to play the adventures packed into starters and play sets, you need the disc. Still, I guess every step taken forward is a good thing.

Considering the base for the game does nothing else useful beyond holding down loose paper or leveling a table, I can't see why they wouldn't let you buy the digital version on any platform you wish. I think any 'discount' you get from Disney is the fact you are buying it for less than the physical bundle in a store because you aren't buying the pieces of plastic. I don't think you're going to get anything off the price for having a 1.0 disc laying around - this is Disney, remember?

The only angle might be customer service for anyone migrating on or off an Xbox platform and the compatibility of the base connection.
My assumption is that they have to say it's the Toy Box because if you do not buy anything else, that is literally all you get since you obviously can't get the Starter Kit's playset digitally. So technically they are correct - it's Toy Box only, until you buy some playsets.

My assumption is that they have to say it's the Toy Box because if you do not buy anything else, that is literally all you get since you obviously can't get the Starter Kit's playset digitally. So technically they are correct - it's Toy Box only, until you buy some playsets.
Right. I'm talking more about the actual assets/programming for the playset adventures. I can't see why they would do it that way, but it's theoretically possible that they would require you to have a disc to make the plastic adventure piece work (because the levels and such aren't in the plastic piece - it just unlocks that code on the disc).

bread's done
Back