Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
^ oh man I forgot all about series 3 discs.

I just stopped paying attention after getting the Target disc bundle.  Series 1 wiped me out on hunting for complete sets

^ oh man I forgot all about series 3 discs.
I just stopped paying attention after getting the Target disc bundle. Series 1 wiped me out on hunting for complete sets
Same here, between the lack of a bundle and the lack of a book to keep them in, I skipped the third series entirely.

That's awesome. Any chance you've got saved pages you can share so we could easily print this stuff out for assembly? I'm assuming you started with another book (series 2)?
I've actually been sublimating them onto thin sheets of aluminum, as I find it looks better than even glossy photo paper and holds up better as well.

I just pulled the images from the Disney Infinity site, so there's no black magic involved there.

I've actually been sublimating them onto thin sheets of aluminum, as I find it looks better than even glossy photo paper and holds up better as well.

I just pulled the images from the Disney Infinity site, so there's no black magic involved there.
Well sure... everyone has an aluminum sublimator don't they? ;)

So I preordered 2.0 from BB but I have a question. If I have 1.0, what happens to the base to that? Do I really need two separate bases?

Question. If I get DI 2.0 for the PS4 but previously had the original on the 360, will I need to 'take ownership' of the figures on the PS4? or is that tied to my account (which would be the same for DI 2.0...)?

Question. If I get DI 2.0 for the PS4 but previously had the original on the 360, will I need to 'take ownership' of the figures on the PS4? or is that tied to my account (which would be the same for DI 2.0...)?
Good question. I'll be coming from Wii U. I don't think we will know until the game is out and many will do this. Unless there is an faq or interview that discusses this

I do agree that it's a bummer they are only Toy Box, but I still enjoy playing that mode as well and there were a fair amount of good ones uploaded through that Disney thing in the first game. 

Toy Box is horrible and useless when compared to the insane amount of actual good games I'd rather spend my time playing.

Hopefully Toy Box is better in 2.0.  Regardless, I'm waiting to buy in to DI 2.0.  I'll wait until the deals are steep.

It says toy box. seriously, id like DI more if the pieces had their own play sets.
+1

Playsets are more appealing than the Toy Box mode. I would love a Cave of Wonders playset for Aladdin. It'll at least bring good nostalgia for me as I love the cave of wonders levels in the SNES game.

I hope releases like that don't rule out future playsets.  Maybe if they did an Aladdin playset down the road they could release a "playset only" piece alongside the version that comes with 2 figures for those who didn't buy them earlier.  Or even better, they could tie Playsets to the character figures and not an arbitrary additional hunk of plastic.

Otherwise it just becomes a bummer to see the characters you want get made.  Like "Yay SImba!  Wait #%#$ that means no Lion King playset!"

+1

Playsets are more appealing than the Toy Box mode. I would love a Cave of Wonders playset for Aladdin. It'll at least bring good nostalgia for me as I love the cave of wonders levels in the SNES game.
That game was badass.

I still like to boot it up on my SNES every once in a while.

I'm not a huge fan of Aladdin, but I'm excited to see classic Disney characters join the roster.  Now, can we please get a Goofy??

I'm not a huge fan of Aladdin, but I'm excited to see classic Disney characters join the roster. Now, can we please get a Goofy??
I'd be happy with Goofy if they took it in one of two directions:

1.) Old school Goofy teaches you how to do... whatever. Ya know, like the old short cartoons where Goofy teaches you how to fly a plane, play football, surf etc. That could possibly work in a Toy Box mode.

2.) Goof Troop playset (unlikely, I know). Build the town and just go wild.

Oh well, dream a little dream...

Seeing Donald made me excited. I'm all about the marvel character and all,
But I really want these classic disney guys.

Weird, I'm not sure why you'd want your entry to be toy box mode, but I guess it will still probably sell :p  (more likely on the bundled characters alone IMO :))

Not deal related but I started using this app Infinilist on iOS to track my DI stuff and its pretty cool. Just letting people know.

Weird, I'm not sure why you'd want your entry to be toy box mode, but I guess it will still probably sell :p (more likely on the bundled characters alone IMO :))
It'll be cheaper (only two figures) and the Marvel Starter is heavily leaned toward boys. This is a good option to get if you have a girl playing.

I'm sure Meridia and Stitch will come out in singles down the road, but this will probably be the only way to get them in the near future.

OK Disney, I'm just going to open my wallet. Take whatever you need/want and leave the toys on the table. And we'll never tell my wife how much I spent. Deal?

I know it will never happen but I'm pretty sure the internet would explode if they threw in a Totoro figure on 2.0.  I'm curious to know if their license agreement would allow such a thing.  Not like Ghibli is gonna use it any time soon.

I know it will never happen but I'm pretty sure the internet would explode if they threw in a Totoro figure on 2.0. I'm curious to know if their license agreement would allow such a thing. Not like Ghibli is gonna use it any time soon.
quote from John Vignocchi's Twitter feed (I asked him about Totoro):

I'm not sure, but JL is a big fan and so are we! Anything is possible!!!

Edit:  Ok the source article is more clear.  It's just the 2.0 game without any playsets.  I hope we won't have to wait months to buy those 2 figures separately.

bread's done
Back