Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this has already been covered...but I didn't see it if it has.

Does Best Buys 'Gamers Club Unlocked' cover playsets and figures?  I doubt it, but it would be nice to save the extra 20%.  Also saw where they have both the Lone Ranger and Cars playsets on sale for $24.99.  My local store was out of the Toy Story sets, so I don't know if they're on sale as well.  Thanks!

Sorry if this has already been covered...but I didn't see it if it has.

Does Best Buys 'Gamers Club Unlocked' cover playsets and figures? I doubt it, but it would be nice to save the extra 20%. Also saw where they have both the Lone Ranger and Cars playsets on sale for $24.99. My local store was out of the Toy Story sets, so I don't know if they're on sale as well. Thanks!
Yes, it does. You can always check by adding them to your cart on the website.

Amazon debuted two new Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 edition) value bundles...

In the Value Pack you get all of the following for $99.99...

• Disney Infinity 2.0 Starter Pack – Retail value: $74.99
  • Disney Infinity 2.0 Spider Man Play Set – Retail value: $34.99
  • Disney Infinity 2.0 Captain America Figure – Retail value: $13.99
  • Disney Infinity 2.0 Power Disc Pack – Retail value: $4.99
    Retail Value of $128.96
If you factor in that you would normally get a free figure with your pre-order of a starter pack (brings the 'value' down to $114.97) you're still saving $14.98.

In the Premium Value Pack (as pictured above) you get all of the following for $119.99

• Disney Infinity 2.0 Starter Pack – Retail value: $74.99
  • Disney Infinity 2.0 Spider Man Play Set – Retail value: $34.99
  • Disney Infinity 2.0 Captain America – Retail value: $13.99
  • Disney Infinity 2.0 Venom Figure – Retail value: $13.99
  • Disney Infinity 2.0 Rocket Raccoon Figure – Retail value: $13.99
  • Disney Infinity 2.0 Power Disc Pack – Retail value: $4.99
    Retail value of $156.94
If you factor in that you would normally get a free figure with your pre-order of a starter pack (brings the 'value' down to $142.95) you're still saving $22.96.

Source: http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/08/15/amazon-releases-disney-infinity-2-0-marvel-value-pack-marvel-premium-value-pack/

They need to do a figure bundle for those of us who got in on the 2.0 + Spidey bundle with GCU for $60 bucks.  So I want all the figs.. at a discount :)

That deal lasted quite a while as I recall.. but yes.. us three (the above posters).... because WE are the early adopters, we are the fans that are paying attention enough to catch said deal, we're also the ones who tend to buy the whole set.. not to collect (well some to collect), not to resell on ebay, but to play with our kids (or by ourselves) to have fun.

That deal lasted quite a while as I recall.. but yes.. us three (the above posters).... because WE are the early adopters, we are the fans that are paying attention enough to catch said deal, we're also the ones who tend to buy the whole set.. not to collect (well some to collect), not to resell on ebay, but to play with our kids (or by ourselves) to have fun.
The thing I'm trying to figure out is how I'm going to swap out my pre-ordered PS3 copy for a PS4 copy without losing my free Spidey set. I didn't have a PS4 when I pre-ordered, but now I do and I certainly want it on the better console.

The thing I'm trying to figure out is how I'm going to swap out my pre-ordered PS3 copy for a PS4 copy without losing my free Spidey set. I didn't have a PS4 when I pre-ordered, but now I do and I certainly want it on the better console.
Might be ymmv but at my best buy I just tell them I wanna change it out (when I pick it up) and they are cool with it as long products are the same price.

This, I got a 360 copy on Amazon and need Xbox One...

I got the 360 version preordered at Best Buy but might pick up a XB1 by then. I'll ask if I can swap when I pick it up. If nothing else I should be able to leave and come back in and swap it later saying I accidently picked up the wrong version. Since they are the same price (I think) there shouldn't be any problems.

I'm #4 then!
NO! We were the chosen ones!...but seriously lots of people got in on that it was up forever. I'm not sure why people think no one got in on the deal bc at least 3 of my buddies got it too.

Somewhat on topic, does anyone remember if di characters usually go on sale on black Friday? I would like to buy them all but im unwilling to pay retail.

Does Best Buys 'Gamers Club Unlocked' cover playsets and figures? I
It does! I've ordered the 2.0 pack with free Spider-Man playset, the Guardians playset and the other Guardians figures for a total of about $110. GCU pretty much paid for itself right there.

Considering I was the one to point it out, I would hope I got in on that deal  :lol: Just shy under $65 for both the starter set and the spider-man playset.

It was glitchy though cause I remember the Wii U version was never listed and later down the line the PS4 version couldn't be found on the promo list. 

Trying to figure out what to do with the PS3 base now.

Considering I was the one to point it out, I would hope I got in on that deal :lol: Just shy under $65 for both the starter set and the spider-man playset.

It was glitchy though cause I remember the Wii U version was never listed and later down the line the PS4 version couldn't be found on the promo list.

Trying to figure out what to do with the PS3 base now.
The Wii U version did eventually show up because I got in. Maybe the second day.

I'm just slightly bitter about it, is all. (It's not a terribly big deal because I'm paying for my copy with Swagbucks Gift Cards anyway)

Also, I'm regretting not grabbing Phineas and Agent P a few weeks back from Best Buy. I have the 2-pack, but the single figures are much easier to store.

For anybody that wants the 1.0 starter set, target will be having them on sale for $29.99 this week and this can be price-matched at best buy as well!

Happy my DI 1.0 base for Wii U is PS4 compatible.  Looking forward to the news about the digital release.  Might actually entice me to get 2.0 sooner.  I was kind of planning on waiting several months or just jumping on deals whenever they happen.  No rush really.

I cannot find an Xbox360 starter pack in the city of Lexington, KY to save my life.   On the phone with bestbuy.com right now seeing about a price match from the circular.

Update: Target will not show the price on their web page so the nice BB lady ended up calling the only store within 25 miles (their requirement) with (limited) availability.  The Target person just said '$30' instead of 29.99 so that is what BB would PM (which is fine, I can live with that), but it is honestly crazy how difficult a 360 copy of the starter pack is to locate around here.    Even Amazon was 3rd party only.

Happy my DI 1.0 base for Wii U is PS4 compatible. Looking forward to the news about the digital release. Might actually entice me to get 2.0 sooner. I was kind of planning on waiting several months or just jumping on deals whenever they happen. No rush really.
It will.

Also, I just posted an article that shows all 80 Disney Infinity Power Discs!

Remember the 80 are coming in two series... the Marvel Super Heroes and Disney Originals

http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/08/17/all-80-disney-infinity-2-0-power-discs-unveiled/

Pardon my ignorance on the matter. I'm kinda just in it for the cool little figures.

If I'm interested in the GotG figures/Stitch, etc, is it worth preordering and making them a sure thing? Or should I hang out and wait for some sales? Dunno if selling out is much of a thing with these or not.

so are the disney infinity 1 characters going to be retired with the release of DI2?
They have officially stated that they will still be produced, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the non-popular ones (Syndrome, Francisco, etc.) move to just being stocked online

Pardon my ignorance on the matter. I'm kinda just in it for the cool little figures.

If I'm interested in the GotG figures/Stitch, etc, is it worth preordering and making them a sure thing? Or should I hang out and wait for some sales? Dunno if selling out is much of a thing with these or not.
If you want them at launch, then pre-ordering is always good. Last time there were some launch deals, so it may be worth waiting to pre-order until we get closer to launch to see what the launch sales are.

----------

16299371_201408151415.jpg

In addition, the Disney Infinity: Toy Box Starter Pack was made official this morning. Available for $59.99 on November 4th alongside the release of the Disney Originals Wave 1 figures.

You can read the details on my blog: http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/08/18/official-disney-infinity-toy-box-starter-pack-disney-figures-wave-1-coming-november-4th-available-to-pre-order/

Question, has Disney stated if there will be a 2.0 version without a base? For those of us that have a 1.0 base?
They are supposed to announce details on this this week. From what I've heard so far the way to do this is to purchase a digital download version of the game, but no word on pricing yet. However, according to this article, the upgrade will not be available at launch, which will probably annoy a lot of people.

Okay, I'm typically pretty familiar with Disney and Marvel characters, but who are Hiro and Baymax?

Edit: I see it's a new movie coming out in November.

It's interesting that they are labeled as "Disney Originals" when they are Marvel characters that are just staring in a Disney animated film now though.

Okay, I'm typically pretty familiar with Disney and Marvel characters, but who are Hiro and Baymax?
They're from Big Hero 6, originally a Marvel Comic, and in the future Disney animated movie of the same name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3biFxZIJOQ

So I finally picked up a starter kit today. These things are impossible to find. I went to three target stores in my area and they all told me that even though they are advertised on sale that the kits have been discontinued in the system. I decided to check best buy using store check but no stores in my area have the Xbox 360 kits available. I finally decided to try toys r us and sort of got lucky. They were out of 360 kits but had about five PS3 kits so I settled for that as it's better than nothing. Funny thing is the guy checked for me and it said they had 14 in stock for 360 but the self and back room were empty. Just glad I was able to get him to price match target.

Ok is there any problems with the Wii U version of 1.0? I'm debating between getting a ps3 version or the wii version for the $29.99.
I think the Wii version was limited via Toy Box. As in you couldn't play with other folks via internet.

I could be wrong but I do remember people being pissed off about the Wii version not being as complete as to the 360/PS3 version.

Ok is there any problems with the Wii U version of 1.0? I'm debating between getting a ps3 version or the wii version for the $29.99.
Do NOT get the regular Wii version. It's totally gimped. The Wii U version is feature-identical to the PS3/360 versions though, and you get the bonus of off-screen play.

It's interesting that they are labeled as "Disney Originals" when they are Marvel characters that are just staring in a Disney animated film now though.
To be fair, the Disney film is so far removed from the original comic that they're practically Disney Originals at this point.

Do NOT get the regular Wii version. It's totally gimped. The Wii U version is feature-identical to the PS3/360 versions though, and you get the bonus of off-screen play.
Thanks for the info, that's what I wanted to know. Had no intention of buying the Wii version, I wanted to get the Wii U version because for the off-screen, but wasn't sure if it had anything cut that is in the PS3 and 360 versions, also because the pad is compatible with ps4 and that's the platform I plan on getting 2.0 on.

Thanks for the info, that's what I wanted to know. Had no intention of buying the Wii version, I wanted to get the Wii U version because for the off-screen, but wasn't sure if it had anything cut that is in the PS3 and 360 versions, also because the pad is compatible with ps4 and that's the platform I plan on getting 2.0 on.
Definitely go with the Wii U version. I've played that and the PS3, and much prefer the Wii U for the following reasons:

• Multiplayer with one person playing off-screen on the tablet, so the other still has a full screen on the TV.
  • Building in toy box mode is much easier with the tablet.
  • 1 player off-screen, for obvious relationship retention reasons.
The main downside is that the tablet doesn't get great battery life, so your play/build sessions are limited.

Definitely go with the Wii U version. I've played that and the PS3, and much prefer the Wii U for the following reasons:

• Multiplayer with one person playing off-screen on the tablet, so the other still has a full screen on the TV.
  • Building in toy box mode is much easier with the tablet.
  • 1 player off-screen, for obvious relationship retention reasons.
The main downside is that the tablet doesn't get great battery life, so your play/build sessions are limited.
Wait a second... multiplayer is split between the TV and the gamepad?!?!? Why the hell did I get the PS3 version?

bread's done
Back