Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
My personal opinion is once they ship the base game, they are somewhat obligated to ship the rest. It's just not worth pissing off the customers at that point. Bestbuy is usually good about this.
I agree, unless they change it before they ship the base game, and ask you to change the toy box starter pack to a free figure instead, I think they should have to honor the free TBSP.

Hmm, that idea of buying the 3DS version to go with the 2.0 PS4 portal and the WiiU infinity 1.0 download is a really interesting idea.  With GCU the 3DS starter right now is only $22.39.  Frankly even if you throw the 3DS game in the trash (which most people seem to think is all it's good for) you're still getting 3 figures and the infinity 1.0 playset piece for a little over $20.  Not bad really.

Edit-So is anyone else getting emails back and forth about the release date switching between 9/19 and 9/23.  I've gotten a few of both at this point with 9/23 being the most recent that I just got a few minutes ago.  Jesus Best Buy, get your shit locked down...

Hello all,

I am new to Infinity. My wife isn't much of a gamer but enjoys Lego games and Skylanders so we thought we would give it a try. I have 2.0 preordered but I am somewhat interested in picking up 1.0 but I've been waiting to score a deal.

I am in the unique position that I have all consoles. Does anyone know if the following will work to play Infinity 1.0 content?

2.0 PS4 Marvel Starter Pack
Free 1.0 Wii U Download or PC
Cheap 3DS copy of 1.0 (for figures, power discs, and playsets)

I can't seem to find a clearcut answer if the 3ds playset is the same as the console versions. Anyone know offhand?
I have to give you bonus points for creative CAGing on this one. It only works for the Wii U, but it's genius. :)

I actually fully expect everything, including the solo $0.00 toy box orders, to get shipped out. Best Buy has historically been horrible at catching these types of things and they almost always go through.

I have to give you bonus points for creative CAGing on this one. It only works for the Wii U, but it's genius. :)
Thanks! You can do it on the Wii U or you can redeem the codes to use them on PC as well. The PC version seems to be fully featured but maybe a bit neglected though so I'd rather stick to console.

My Marvel pre-order from Best Buy just switched back to 9/23 again, so they fixed the 9/19 error.
I have a feeling they may have been attempting to try something close to release date delivery and they screwed up something in their system in an attempt to do that. I have a shipping confirmation for at least part of my order, so i'm guessing it will arrive by Tuesday. I do hope this is a good sign for future orders to be able to get a release date delivery.

I have a feeling they may have been attempting to try something close to release date delivery and they screwed up something in their system in an attempt to do that. I have a shipping confirmation for at least part of my order, so i'm guessing it will arrive by Tuesday. I do hope this is a good sign for future orders to be able to get a release date delivery.
I have always got release day delivery with preorders from best buy. However, I am in Minnesota (HQ location but most shipments come from out of state) and I am a My Best Buy Elite Plus member so maybe that factors in.

I was really hoping they'd let me pick it up tomorrow, but now I'm getting new emails saying it'll be available on the 23rd. 

Here's the complete rundown of e-mails I've received, which I'm sure is not the last of 'em.

7:19AM The release date on your Hawkeye figure (Pre-Order Bonus) has been changed to 9/19

7:34AM The release date on your Wii U 2.0 Starter Pack has been changed to 9/19

7:36AM The release date on your Captain America figure (Pre-Order Bonus) has been changed to 9/19

8:09AM Your Captain America figure will be ready for pickup on 9/19

8:09AM Your Hawkeye figure will be ready for pickup on 9/19

8:47AM Your Wii U 2.0 Starter Pack will be ready for pickup on 9/19

10:34AM The release date on your PS4 2.0 Starter Pack has been changed to 9/19

11:33AM The release date on your Hawkeye figure (Pre-Order Bonus) has been changed back to 9/23

12:12AM Your PS4 2.0 Starter Pack will be ready for pickup on 9/19

1:06PM The release date on your Wii U Starter Pack has been changed back to 9/23

Edit: Hah, the moment I posted this another one popped up.

1:14PM The release date on your Captain America figure has been changed back to 9/23

1)  Doesn't make sense for screwing up Release Date Delivery, as any time I went for a "glitch" I did instore pickup.  Less likely to get snagged that way.

2)  There have been a "few" glitches.  Spiderman playset as the "free" figure was the best.  Followed by the PS4 "free" toybox (with Merida and Stitch).  You didn't HAVE to select it as a choice on that one, you could just select buy and get it free.  Though some did it through the "buy" process in which you're basically stuck if you wanna try to change the deal.

3)  My email changed only for the Spiderman playset.  Who knows when I'm supposed to be picking ANYTHING up anymore.

Thinking about getting the premium bundle on Amazon, since that seems like the best deal (correct me if I'm wrong, PLEASE!)

Will I get it the 23rd or will they ship it the 23rd?

WTF! now they changed it again. 

There has been a change to the release date of the pre-ordered item listed below. The new release date is 09/19/2014. If that is okay with you, and you accept the change, you don't have to do anything. 

Yeah, got all the above emails, except my Captain America is now shipped (expected so it arrives by 9/23).  They change my Starter to pick up tomorrow (I didn't have an option to pick up my free one), then change it back to 9/23 and now the release date is back to tomorrow.

I have a feeling this is all due to TRU breaking street date at some stores.  I'd like to get it tomorrow, my kids can't play games on school nights, so if it is on the 23rd they have to wait until weekend, but if it is tomorrow they can play it right away.  But a few extra days won't hurt, so I would be pleasantly surprised if it is tomorrow but not disappointed if it is the 23rd.  If it is tomorrow, I wonder if the figures will go on the shelves then and they cast aside the whole 23rd thing.

I've also seen varying things on the Wave contents, particularly on the GotG figures and set.  Forbes said they were Wave 2, but a few other things said Wave 1, is there an official list anywhere?

Yeah, got all the above emails, except my Captain America is now shipped (expected so it arrives by 9/23). They change my Starter to pick up tomorrow (I didn't have an option to pick up my free one), then change it back to 9/23 and now the release date is back to tomorrow.

I have a feeling this is all due to TRU breaking street date at some stores. I'd like to get it tomorrow, my kids can't play games on school nights, so if it is on the 23rd they have to wait until weekend, but if it is tomorrow they can play it right away. But a few extra days won't hurt, so I would be pleasantly surprised if it is tomorrow but not disappointed if it is the 23rd. If it is tomorrow, I wonder if the figures will go on the shelves then and they cast aside the whole 23rd thing.

I've also seen varying things on the Wave contents, particularly on the GotG figures and set. Forbes said they were Wave 2, but a few other things said Wave 1, is there an official list anywhere?
GOTG is wave 1. its even in some of the ads.

Yeah, got all the above emails, except my Captain America is now shipped (expected so it arrives by 9/23). They change my Starter to pick up tomorrow (I didn't have an option to pick up my free one), then change it back to 9/23 and now the release date is back to tomorrow.

I have a feeling this is all due to TRU breaking street date at some stores. I'd like to get it tomorrow, my kids can't play games on school nights, so if it is on the 23rd they have to wait until weekend, but if it is tomorrow they can play it right away. But a few extra days won't hurt, so I would be pleasantly surprised if it is tomorrow but not disappointed if it is the 23rd. If it is tomorrow, I wonder if the figures will go on the shelves then and they cast aside the whole 23rd thing.

I've also seen varying things on the Wave contents, particularly on the GotG figures and set. Forbes said they were Wave 2, but a few other things said Wave 1, is there an official list anywhere?
The way I understand it is this:

Wave 1: September 23 - All Marvel content (playsets, figures, power discs) except villains and individual characters from the starter set

Wave 1.5: October 28 - Hulk

Wave 2: November 4 - All Disney content (playsets, figures, power discs) except villains

Wave 3: Early 2015 - All villains

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The way I understand it is this:

Wave 1: September 23 - All Marvel content (playsets, figures, power discs) except villains and individual characters from the starter set

Wave 1.5: October 28 - Hulk

Wave 2: November 4 - All Disney content (playsets, figures, power discs) except villains

Wave 3: Early 2015 - All villains

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.
So is Falcon and the blue guy from GOTG going to make launch?

Hmm, that idea of buying the 3DS version to go with the 2.0 PS4 portal and the WiiU infinity 1.0 download is a really interesting idea. With GCU the 3DS starter right now is only $22.39. Frankly even if you throw the 3DS game in the trash (which most people seem to think is all it's good for) you're still getting 3 figures and the infinity 1.0 playset piece for a little over $20. Not bad really.

Edit-So is anyone else getting emails back and forth about the release date switching between 9/19 and 9/23. I've gotten a few of both at this point with 9/23 being the most recent that I just got a few minutes ago. Jesus Best Buy, get your shit locked down...
Unless there is a local mom & pop, Walmart is the only place I know to unload game-only copies of DI. You won't get much (3DS version gets $5.93), but better than throwing it in the trash.

*Waits for people to post they'd rather throw it away than set foot in Walmart/deal with a Walmart Trade. You can do it online*

Thinking about getting the premium bundle on Amazon, since that seems like the best deal (correct me if I'm wrong, PLEASE!)

i preordered one and still don't have a ship date...I have Prime, and if I don't get this release day I'm going to be pissed.

I think Best Buy is trolling. I just now received a change back to the 23rd.

Order said 23rd. Email changed to 19th :) . Email changed to 23rd :( . Email back to the 19th :) . Email back to the 23rd :( . Trolled.

I think that's the best bet anywhere. Trust me, I've compared. It's the one I have preordered.

As I mentioned earlier, Best Buy's promos match it pretty much if you add another figure to Amazon's bundle to match what you get at best buy. But nothing beats getting it delivered to your door day of release.

i preordered one and still don't have a ship date...I have Prime, and if I don't get this release day I'm going to be pissed.
Yeah I have Prime and no ship date yet either but they've never delivered something late for me before, so it'd be quite strange if they did this time. Hopefully we both get a ship date soon and it's the 23rd.

it looks like i got a date change back for my starter pack, but they already shipped my free figure so i should get that by monday.Which is not really a big deal since its only a day earlier from release.

I managed to pre-order a few weeks back the two following orders (both for in-store pickup) - 

Order 1:

- PS3 Collector's Edition

- Free GotG Playset (glitch in place of single figure)

- Free Power-Disc Pack

Order 2:

- Wii U Starter Pack

- Free PS4 Toybox Starter Pack (glitch in place of a single figure)

I've had the GotG Playset, Wii U Starter Pack, and Power-Disc pack notify me throughout the day that I can pick up 9/19 or 9/23 intermittently. Everything else is release-date of 9/23 or higher. I'm not too worried about it because I'll just pickup on 9/23 to avoid any issues.

One thing I found interesting though is that the PS4 Toybox Starter Pack has a release date listed of 12/31/2014. It's making me wonder if they are just going to force cancel it or make me wait 3 months....

One thing I found interesting though is that the PS4 Toybox Starter Pack has a release date listed of 12/31/2014. It's making me wonder if they are just going to force cancel it or make me wait 3 months....
That's just a placeholder, I expect it will change to the correct November date eventually.

That's just a placeholder, I expect it will change to the correct November date eventually.
So question then.. if I pick up the Wii U Starter pack on 9/23... will the Best Buy system be smart enough to hold my free Toy Box Starter Pack for PS4 until the Nov. release date?

Actually, it's not. There was no connection between buying the starter pack and the "free" toy box pack. Many people apparently just "bought" the free toy box pack without any starter pack. Bait and switch would be advertising that if you buy a starter pack, you get a toy box pack free. That was never the case.
Wrong.

The page clearly showed the Toy Box on the list of free items that came along with the game. Sorry, by definition, that would be bait and switch--the promise of a greater item replaced by something inferior (a single character) or, even worse, nothing at all.

I get what you're trying to say, but this would be a case where they would be charging you for a much more expensive item and then, after payment was taken, switching the order that was placed. That's illegal.

Wrong.

The page clearly showed the Toy Box on the list of free items that came along with the game. Sorry, by definition, that would be bait and switch--the promise of a greater item replaced by something inferior (a single character) or, even worse, nothing at all.

I get what you're trying to say, but this would be a case where they would be charging you for a much more expensive item and then, after payment was taken, switching the order that was placed. That's illegal.
Bait and switch requires an element of conduct which is dishonest or meant to deceive. If it was a website error, it would be hard to show that they were intentionally putting that on the page to entice people to put in the preorder.

Best buy screwed me. I had the free spiderman play set as my free figure. My Original Bill Was $63. Today I had to call to authorize the card and I see i got charged $93..they charged me full price for spiderman.

Best buy screwed me. I had the free spiderman play set as my free figure. My Original Bill Was $63. Today I had to call to authorize the card and I see i got charged $93..they charged me full price for spiderman.
Can't you dispute the charge with your CC company for the overage?

My starter pack shipped - but my free (hopefully!) Spider-Man playset has not, as of yet.

All these reports of stores putting 2.0 stuff out early led me to waste some time and gas today.  Thanks internet.

I'm going to be really annoyed if I go out Tuesday morning and can't find the figures I want because they put them out sometime between now and then.  This is the one time where I actually appreciate street dates.

Can't you dispute the charge with your CC company for the overage?

My starter pack shipped - but my free (hopefully!) Spider-Man playset has not, as of yet.
I emailed best buy to give them a chance to fix it before I do that. I tried calling but after 20 minutes couldn't wait any longer on hold.

I have two charges for 64.49 on my debit card for one order thanks to Best Buy's date screw up... I know it's going to get fixed, but that's just messed up.

Also, I do believe it would be illegal for Best Buy to cancel the free toy box set with starter pack purchase if they cancel it AFTER you have already picked up the starter pack and opened it. You would no longer be able to return the starter pack and they would have basically shafted you. I'm not a legal expert by any means but there has to be some sort of protection against this.

Don't know if I should cancel my bb.com preorder for shipping and try to place one in store tomorrow with the $5 deposit. Would like to attempt to try and double up on the free figure with preorder and than try and get another free one buy purchasing two when I pick up the starter pack on Tuesday.

All these reports of stores putting 2.0 stuff out early led me to waste some time and gas today. Thanks internet.

I'm going to be really annoyed if I go out Tuesday morning and can't find the figures I want because they put them out sometime between now and then. This is the one time where I actually appreciate street dates.
Couldn't you just reserve the ones you want at GameStop or online?

Just ordered the $120 bundle on Amazon with 1 day prime shipping, figure that's the best deal so far. I'll try to hit up Target Tuesday to get the GOTG playset to get the two power disc packs and wait until next week for Target B2G1 free sale for any other figures I want.

Just ordered the $120 bundle on Amazon with 1 day prime shipping, figure that's the best deal so far. I'll try to hit up Target Tuesday to get the GOTG playset to get the two power disc packs and wait until next week for Target B2G1 free sale for any other figures I want.
Does yours have a ship date? Mine, for some reason, still doesn't.

bread's done
Back