Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Question on Target return and rebuy.

If I buy 3 figures I want this Tuesday at Target can I just go back to Target on Sunday and do a return and rebuy on the buy two get one free promotion starts?

Don't want to get sold out and don't want to pay $11 each by doing the deal at TRU

Thanks
Yes, you can. As long as they aren't opened or anything, they would still be returnable. Then just rebuy with the promo.

Has anyone that ordered from Amazon got a shipping confirmation? I ordered the premium value bundle and just chatted with a rep who told me it won't ship until Tuesday, since that is when it releases.
chatted and emailed Amazon this morning about that exact issue. (that you can buy all of the bundle pieces and get them release day but not the bundle. ridiculous...) I have overnight shipping so mine is due on Wed. between this f-up and their b.s. about not selling new release blu-rays for release date delivery they are quickly getting on my shit list. Anyone know when the next GCU sale is at BB?

i won't have a use for this until christmas, is there any reason for me to buy this now or should I wait until then? Are there any exclusives that I won't be able to get later or figures that will be hard to get?

I think the collector's edition base is the only thing I saw that might be limited?

To be honest, I'm burned out on both Disney Infinity and Skylanders - mostly b/c the amount of product.  As someone who didn't mess around much in ToyBox, I was really hoping for increased variety of gameplay, larger pre-built game worlds, more chances to utilize the characters (i.e. not only in ToyBox mode), and more meaningful power discs.  None of that really seemed to happen though - DI 2.0 seems focused on ToyBox mode with tacked on (but still pricey) pre-built game worlds.

With Skylanders, holy geez.  I just saw they're re-releasing the minis as two-packs - one already released and one new one.  Plus the new element figures, plus the trap team people, plus the traps.  If I didn't have the starter set pre-ordered for $30 via a BBY glitch (in May), I'd cancel.  DI 2.0 is getting returned (ordered online).  Never did have the free playset (Spidey) ship either.

I'm buying it now, but honestly the game has been secondary to the figures. I bought characters I like, and I will do the same for this and the Nintendo Amiibos. I mean the game itself (judging from 1.0 I got for free on the WiiU) is fun, nothing too deep. I honestly barely played the playsets on them and spend more time just messing around in the Toy Box, doing stuff like creating the Floating Island from Final Fantasy VI and beating up the random monsters while working. I am honestly more into the toybox for 2.0 then the Avengers playset. I only bought it now because I had a GRU discount PLUS the bonus figure, otherwise I would just got the 20 buck upgrade in November.

Pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned yet: Amazon PM'd Best Buy and is selling the Phineas and Ferb Toy Box pack for $10.99 at the below link. Had just over $12 in Amazon credit remaining there so it worked out perfectly. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-INFINITY-Phineas-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B00HC6A942/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411111827&sr=8-1&keywords=phineas+and+ferb+toy+box+pack
Thanks for that. Still better than BB with GCU, since it is only available for shipping.

FYI. For those that preordered the starter set and selected the Spider-Man set as the free figure it's apparently been delayed until October. I called because I still had not received a shipped email for it. The guy said he didn't know why it was delayed because the playset was scheduled to come out on the 23rd still but said that the free preorder was not going to ship until somewhere between Oct. 4th -15th. So I thought I'd let anyone else who got in on the deal know if they still hadn't received the shipped email that that's why.

I also asked why I hadn't received an email telling me it had been delayed but he had no clue.

Maybe they shipped them all out to stores instead of holding them for online orders?
Either the BB rep is just wrong, or BB is delaying the shipments in hopes that people cancel. They're probably not thrilled that they screwed up and let people get the playset for free.

Either the BB rep is just wrong, or BB is delaying the shipments in hopes that people cancel. They're probably not thrilled that they screwed up and let people get the playset for free.
Bingo. They could be delaying them so it goes unfulfilled for a few weeks so they can turn around and cancel them due to insufficient stock.

Bingo. They could be delaying them so it goes unfulfilled for a few weeks so they can turn around and cancel them due to insufficient stock.
I doubt that. The only reason that the playset shipped already is because last week the release date changed to 19 instead of 23 on the 2.0 set and a few figures, because of that the sets shipped before the playets and they were unavailable because they come out on the 23rd. Best Buy has always honored deals or given me gift cards for anything I have ordered from them. The release on the playsets have not happened yet so just relax :)

So all power disc for marvel will be out immediately correct? Not some tru bullshit to deal with?

I have looked and looked and can not find any info on how to tell if a rare is in the pack again. Even on ebay. This blows.

So all power disc for marvel will be out immediately correct? Not some tru bullshit to deal with?

I have looked and looked and can not find any info on how to tell if a rare is in the pack again. Even on ebay. This blows.
Buy some packs.
Take the packs home.
Put an unopened pack on the base.
If you want the discs, keep the pack.
If you don't want the discs, return the pack.

So the family just decided that they wanted this along with the original 1.0 game. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting hard to find figures from 1.0? Like some places that you might not normally think to buy them?

The staff at the Disney Infinity Official Boards say that none of the characters have been discontinued but I cannot seem to find violet anywhere. Everything else I have managed to find. Couldn't find Syndrome and Randall alone but I did manage to find a Villians pack at Walmart. Cannot seem to find Violet though anywhere that's not $30+.

On the 2.0 front I went with the PS4 version along with the Guardians of the Galaxy set. Seems like the only type of GotG game that we will have aside from the mobile stuff.
Check Sams's Club for those figures.

Honestly curious about WHICH discs are getting released day 1. I've heard multiple things. I know there are 40ish Marvel discs total, but just not sure if they're all out Day 1, or if there will be waves similar to Infinity 1.0. Anybody here know?

Honestly curious about WHICH discs are getting released day 1. I've heard multiple things. I know there are 40ish Marvel discs total, but just not sure if they're all out Day 1, or if there will be waves similar to Infinity 1.0. Anybody here know?
84 total discs across both series.

42 marvel, 42 disney.

40 Marvel will be released on Tuesday, other 2 (Faclon costume change, and Captain Marvel team up) will be coming in 2015 in some sort of fashion (we don't know how yet)

40 Disney will be released on November 4th. other 2 (Aladdin skydome and terrain) will be released in aladdin and jasmine 2 pack in 2015

FYI. For those that preordered the starter set and selected the Spider-Man set as the free figure it's apparently been delayed until October. I called because I still had not received a shipped email for it. The guy said he didn't know why it was delayed because the playset was scheduled to come out on the 23rd still but said that the free preorder was not going to ship until somewhere between Oct. 4th -15th. So I thought I'd let anyone else who got in on the deal know if they still hadn't received the shipped email that that's why.
I also asked why I hadn't received an email telling me it had been delayed but he had no clue.
The status of my spiderman play set has now changed to "preparing order". You should check yours again.

Amazon premium bundle preparing for shipment thankfully. Hopefully I should get it tomorrow. Hopefully Target will still have some GOTG playsets by the time I hit them up Tuesday night.

For whoever was looking for Violet, check Kmart. The Kmarts around me only ever got the original 1.0 wave so they might still have the original characters. Plus, who shops at Kmart anyway?

I guess "here we go again" with Best Buy. I just got charged again for my orders and received a text saying they were ready for pickup today.

So I just checked my credit card statement. I just got charged $80.24 twice from Best Buy and then got credited back the same amount. What do you suppose that means?

So I just checked my credit card statement. I just got charged $80.24 twice from Best Buy and then got credited back the same amount. What do you suppose that means?
They still don't know what the hell is going on? I have the charges, but not the credits this time.

When they mark items as preparing for shipment you get charged. When they had these orders go back and forth it would have wreaked havok on most cards. They will straighten it out but for a few days if you are close to your limit or used a debit card it may be painful.

Anyone get confirmation on DI 2.0 CE shipping from Best Buy?  Free GOTG and Power Disc will be here today but CE version of game still hasn't shipped.

Also saw Spiderman playset preparing for shipping on my other order.

I have my Amazon order coming in soon. Sucks I want DI 2.0 playsets from the Disney side. Besides the Starter with Merida and Stitch, are there any 2.0 Disney playsets coming out?

My Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes Collector's Edition PS4 hasn't shipped, charged or showing preparing for shipping. It still says Status No Available. I have expedited shipping. Responding, since someone else asked and curious on others. 

My Amazon value starter finally switched to processing early this morning. All other 2.0 items changed to "now shipping" Saturday. Not gonna hold my breath about seeing the starter tomorrow, but hopefully they'll manage an evening delivery.

My Amazon value starter finally switched to processing early this morning. All other 2.0 items changed to "now shipping" Saturday. Not gonna hold my breath about seeing the starter tomorrow, but hopefully they'll manage an evening delivery.
Mine still hasn't switched to processing. This is very annoying. Between this and switching my 2 day shipping to the usps, I'm canceling my prime membership this year. This will mark the third time that I've preordered something from them that hasn't arrived on time.

Probably not a good time with those that haven't had it shipped, but my premium Amazon bundle shipped at 2 this morning according to my email.

Sorry, but I'm excited!

Mine still hasn't switched to processing. This is very annoying. Between this and switching my 2 day shipping to the usps, I'm canceling my prime membership this year. This will mark the third time that I've preordered something from them that hasn't arrived on time.
I've had more trouble with amazon prime shipping lately as well. Seems as if they keep switching companies and it's screwing everything up. Luckily, I've been on Amazon Student for a few years, but I just graduated in May so this is my last year of discounted membership. Best Buy Elite Shipping has been great though. Even when they say it's going to be here in a week, it's normally 2 days.

For whoever was looking for Violet, check Kmart. The Kmarts around me only ever got the original 1.0 wave so they might still have the original characters. Plus, who shops at Kmart anyway?
In-Store pick up only and the nearest one is over an hour away, thanks for the heads up though.

2.0 will be here tomm.  Shipping for Spiderman just showed up.  So assume 5 more days.

Reviews are mixed, but my daughter plays mostly in the Toybox (where I play mostly in the realms).  I think I'm just going to stick with the 3 sets on this one (Avengers, Spiderman, and GotG).  We'll see if it's worth the figure investment.

Got the shiiping confirmation for the SPiderman playset from Best Buy.

Also got a text saying I can pickup the DI 2 starter set. Called and was told "yep, I'm looking right at it, come on in and pick it up". We'll see if that holds true when I get off work this afternoon.

Got shipping confirmation from Amazon for all the figures I ordered. Estimated delivery tomorrow. Now I just hope gamestop has my starter set and free figure tomorrow from my in store pickup preorder.

I got an e-mail with the typical in-store pickup barcode saying I can pick it up tomorrow.

Why they don't just send it over tomorrow baffles the hell out of me.

Best Buy just let me pick up the DI2 starter kit. They didn't even hesitate, I showed them the text I got saying to come get it and they gave it to me. Didn't have anything on the shelves yet. I'll see what figures are out later, still have the Spiderman set on it's way from Best Buy. Got the shipped notification, just not sure when it will get here.

bread's done
Back