Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from my local Target. Grabbed the GoG set (w/ 2 free disc packs), Groot, Iron Fist, and Hawkeye (pm-ed TRU for $33) and 6 packs of power discs (again, TRU pm 3/$10).

Strangest thing: I was told that they didn't receive any Nick Fury figs. Will have to go back and grab Fury, Drax and a dupe next week. (Rocket? maybe Cap?)
How was their stock, mainly the GOTG playset. I'm hoping they still have some by the time I leave work.

How was their stock, mainly the GOTG playset. I'm hoping they still have some by the time I leave work.
they were just putting things out when I got there (10 minutes after they opened). Looked to have plenty of boxes of figs and starter sets. The GoG playlets were on a checkout end cap (for some reason) along with a small display of figs. Looked to be around 6 or so GoG sets.

For those who have bought discs, can you confirm the rares are no longer lenticular? Are there even rares this time around? I'll buy in store for the TRU sale if I know the selection hasn't been picked through. Otherwise I'll buy online and wait.

This thread is making me hesitant to pre-order any CEs at Best Buy anymore. I did alright with Bravely Default, and I love GCU, but no real point if it's never a sure thing.
In-Store pick up orders have never failed me, just NEVER do it in store, they suck at that.

[double post]

I predict sales of Hawkeye will be the lowest.
Hawkeyes awesome, he uses a bow! One of the ones I think I'll like playing as the most.

I'm predicting Yondu.
This one I can easily see

Just got back from my local Target. Grabbed the GoG set (w/ 2 free disc packs), Groot, Iron Fist, and Hawkeye (pm-ed TRU for $33) and 6 packs of power discs (again, TRU pm 3/$10).

Strangest thing: I was told that they didn't receive any Nick Fury figs. Will have to go back and grab Fury, Drax and a dupe next week. (Rocket? maybe Cap?)
Hmm. I was fine paying the extra 66 cents from Best Buy per pack, but I wonder if they'd match the 3 for $10 deal as well.

In-Store pick up orders have never failed me, just NEVER do it in store, they suck at that.
Yeah, that was my concern. I preordered the Persona Q CE in store and I'm sweating it now. Least I have the Amazon order to back it up.

On topic though, crossing my fingers that Best Buy has some GotG in stock on Friday. Not gonna be able to make it til then.

My store has lots of Captain America figures....like four peg hooks worth. Everything else is pretty even.

Got my free Venom figure in the mail from USPS yesterday but have yet to get my game from UPS when the game shipped first. :/

Gonna pick up Spidey playset, Iron Fist, Capt. America and Hawkeye today. Maybe a disc pack.

For those who have bought discs, can you confirm the rares are no longer lenticular? Are there even rares this time around? I'll buy in store for the TRU sale if I know the selection hasn't been picked through. Otherwise I'll buy online and wait.
Just opened my 8 packs of discs from Target (no dupes! not one!): NO MORE LENTICULARS. Opened the Infinity Gauntlet, red 'disc' no lenticular-ity.

And I bought a Hawkguy fig because the poor bastard can't get any love. He'll be the least popular (and Drax, poor green-but-not-the-Hulk Drax.)

Yeah, that was my concern. I preordered the Persona Q CE in store and I'm sweating it now. Least I have the Amazon order to back it up.

On topic though, crossing my fingers that Best Buy has some GotG in stock on Friday. Not gonna be able to make it til then.
Order online with in-store pickup. Nothing to worry about.

Has anybody who pre-ordered from Best Buy tried to get them to add on the Buy 2 Get 1 Free figures to the deal? I want to try, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had luck with this.

Hang on a tic--so the initial post seems rather sparse--who actually has the best deal?
The thing is I would get the starter pack but it doesn't seem like there's any real deals per se--Venom's free with certain locations, BB's got a free figure with starter pack AND two figures, Target gives a lame poster, Walmart has their exclusive value pack next week with Hawkeye and Cap tossed in with some "avengers" set (the site's listing is vague and the picture won't expand) and that appears to be about it.

Now mind you, I will collect the Avengers in due time--but what I really want is Rocket and Groot (plus the rest of GOG)--so who's got the best offer on individual figs--TRU with their 3 for 33, or someone else I'm missing?
This whole thing's one big clusterfrak.

Hang on a tic--so the initial post seems rather sparse--who actually has the best deal?
The thing is I would get the starter pack but it doesn't seem like there's any real deals per se--Venom's free with certain locations, BB's got a free figure with starter pack AND two figures, Target gives a lame poster, Walmart has their exclusive value pack next week with Hawkeye and Cap tossed in with some "avengers" set (the site's listing is vague and the picture won't expand) and that appears to be about it.

Now mind you, I will collect the Avengers in due time--but what I really want is Rocket and Groot (plus the rest of GOG)--so who's got the best offer on individual figs--TRU with their 3 for 33, or someone else I'm missing?
If you need a starter pack, Best Buy will be the best for figures because you can get 3 for somewhere around $26. Less if you have GCU. Target seems to be the best for playsets as you get 2 free disc packs.

Best deal on figs is the 3 for 33, unless you can wait until next week when Target has a B2G1 free sale, essentially 3 for 28. The best deal for a starter was the Amazon premium bundle, but I think most of them are gone. Currently your best bet for in store starter is BB deal or find the $10 off coupon for TRU that's been floating around.

Has anybody who pre-ordered from Best Buy tried to get them to add on the Buy 2 Get 1 Free figures to the deal? I want to try, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had luck with this.
"Not valid with previous purchase"
"May not be valid with other deals or offers"
In the ad it specifically says
"Free pre order figure does not count towads total count"
You could come in with your receipt for picking up your pre order and ask but cha chances are no. I was gonna do this until i read the details.

Oh man I didnt even notice the B2G1 when you pick up the starter set, you think I could get them to add it on top of an instore pickup order? Id love to grab Nova and two other figures with it for close to $22 with GCU

You could come in with your receipt for picking up your pre order and ask but cha chances are no. I was gonna do this until i read the details.
Oh well, didn't read into it that much, but thanks. I will just get my figs from Target next week.

Best deal on figs is the 3 for 33, unless you can wait until next week when Target has a B2G1 free sale, essentially 3 for 28. The best deal for a starter was the Amazon premium bundle, but I think most of them are gone. Currently your best bet for in store starter is BB deal or find the $10 off coupon for TRU that's been floating around.
I've also heard that some Targets are price matching the Amazon Premium deal, and including the two free power disc packs with the play sets you get as well. I know that at least one person has done this.

I ordered it with the PS4 Disney set as the free item when that error occured, so I don't have a free figure with it and it's the only item on my pickup receipt. I might as well ask since it's in their ad if I can pick up 2 extra figures and get a 3rd free since that would definitely be a good enough starting deal for me with GCU.

Got all my stuff from GameStop no problem. They had a TON of stuff. On the shelf, on the counters, piled in the floor. Grabbed two power disc packs and got a rare. Spider-Cycle, I think. Definitely not lenticular. Went to do some shopping at Target and checked their stock and it was very little.

Oh well, didn't read into it that much, but thanks. I will just get my figs from Target next week.
I POed on Bestbuy.com and did a store pickup. I took 3 figures up to the counter when I did my pickup and asked if they would honor the ad and the lady behind the counter said no problem. She did have to override the free figure (since I wasn't purchasing the set on the same order), but honestly she seemed to have no issues since it was their ad.

YMMV of course.

I've also heard that some Targets are price matching the Amazon Premium deal, and including the two free power disc packs with the play sets you get as well. I know that at least one person has done this.
Wow, that's generous, I'm kind of shocked. Well, my pack from Amazon will arrive today, I'm gonna try to price match at Target for the 3/10 power discs, and I'm already expecting trouble with that.

Check your figures, people.

I got my order from Best Buy yesterday.

Both Iron Man and Black Widow constantly disconnect if I use two power discs underneath them. Nova, Thor and Captain America are fine.

Edit:

It's the power base. Switched the old one and it was fine.

I POed on Bestbuy.com and did a store pickup. I took 3 figures up to the counter when I did my pickup and asked if they would honor the ad and the lady behind the counter said no problem. She did have to override the free figure (since I wasn't purchasing the set on the same order), but honestly she seemed to have no issues since it was their ad.

YMMV of course.
Can't hurt to try I guess. I will let you guys know how it works out for me. I've got a little time so I think I am going to head up there now.

I just got home from my morning Infinity run. Stock levels were good everywhere. I went to TRU, target and best buy and they had PILES of the stuff everywhere. I wouldn't worry too much.

I picked up my preordered CE from best buy but couldn't get them to honor the free figure and disc pack deal. They would only give me a free figure. 

Someone really needs to get on updating the Opening Post's Wiki.

I'm at work at the moment so I don't have the time to type up everything and drop it in, but it's definitely in need of some work.

Check your figures, people.

I got my order from Best Buy yesterday.

Both Iron Man and Black Widow constantly disconnect if I use two power discs underneath them. Nova, Thor and Captain America are fine.

Edit:
It's the power base. Switched the old one and it was fine.
I remember having that issue with the first game, turned out I had the base on top of my laptop, which has metal on the cover. Apparently if the base comes in contact with any metal it can affect reading the discs or figures.

Good luck finding power discs in the Beaverton Oregon area. Was just at Target and after I grabbed my handful, some douchebag and his junkie girlfriend came in and bought the rest of them to resell on eBay as complete sets. Must've grabbed 40 or 50 packs.

I did my preorder pick up this morning. I had an instore preorder so I didn't have an issue getting the Starter with Groot and Drax plus Cap and Rocket both free on top. Just rang out through the register with no hiccups. Trying to get them to add the deal to an online preorder might require more hoops to run through.

I remember having that issue with the first game, turned out I had the base on top of my laptop, which has metal on the cover. Apparently if the base comes in contact with any metal it can affect reading the discs or figures.
My entertainment center is plastic. My carpet is not metal either. Happened on both.

So I just got back from Best Buy. My preorder was in store so keep that in mind. I had no issues except my free figure had to be zeroed out because it wasn't showing up right. I got the wii u starter pack, gotg playset, groot, rocket, capt. America, and drax, plus two disc packs for $125 after GCU.

I had an online pre-order for the Starter Set w/ free figure and an additional separate order for a play set.  Is there a way to get an additional free figure if I purchase another?

Or is there a way to make the b2g1 work with the playsets?

Got the White Tiger team up in one of my free Target disc packs. Meesa happy :D
So I haven't read a lot about the new features in 2.0. I assume the team up discs summon a companionto assit you, correct? Which would be awesome. Also, what are these event discs? Being a hyge Infinity Gauntlet fan, that one intrigues me.

Is it just me or am I the only one who's going to wait to buy figures for a REAL sale.   Either a B2G1 @ Bestbuy that will work with GCU or a B1G1 deal like we had last year several times.

I don't see paying nearly $28 for 3 figures as a deal in any way.   That's the cost of a freaking GAME.    For only 3 figures I'll be waiting.   Spending the $$$ now seems insanely stupid to me.

P.S.

That unlock bonus for having all 20 figures is RETARDED.   The light saber is better.

Is it just me or am I the only one who's going to wait to buy figures for a REAL sale. Either a B2G1 @ Bestbuy that will work with GCU or a B1G1 deal like we had last year several times.
I'll be waiting for sure, but if I can get in on the B2G1 at BB right now when you buy the starter kit. That's a good start for me, it'll just be a while before I grab anything else then.

Is it just me or am I the only one who's going to wait to buy figures for a REAL sale. Either a B2G1 @ Bestbuy that will work with GCU or a B1G1 deal like we had last year several times.

I don't see paying nearly $28 for 3 figures as a deal in any way. That's the cost of a freaking GAME. For only 3 figures I'll be waiting. Spending the $$$ now seems insanely stupid to me.

P.S.

That unlock bonus for having all 20 figures is RETARDED. The light saber is better.
It's not just you. 3 for $33 isn't a deal IMO. B2G1 is getting closer. 3 for $10 on the power discs I consider a deal but you know they will be B1G1 at TRU sooner or later.

Does 2.0 still have the ridiculous limitation on Achievements (only the first player unlocks them)? I preordered the Amazon bundle, but I may return it.

you cant scrath them no more they are circle you only, there is still a way to find out whats in it = ) of course thats what im am doing hence why i ordered 50 bucks worth from amazon they have easy return policy

So, has there been any word on what's going on with the CE?  I read reports elsewhere that Gamestop was calling customers and saying they didn't receive copies due to a manufacturing issue.  I also notice my BB.com order hasn't shipped (while the free items did) and it's got that weird backorder status line showing.  Target is also showing not available.  

Anyone that pre-ordered the Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes Collector's Edition for PS4 on BestBuy.com have theirs... received, shipped or even processing?

Mine shows... my status says: order line status not available. It went from payment validated back to order received. Just curious with others here.

LGCZP9Fl.png

For anyone who wants to know the ultimate unlock when you put all the figures down....

NOTE: Spoilers ahead!!!!

http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/09/23/disney-infinity-2-0-edition-ultimate-unlock-spoiler-alert/
smh they been teasing star wars since disney infinity 1 to be honest i dont see that being as popular as disney infinity 1 or 2 because most kids are too young to understand lol the awesomeness that is star wars or its lore (i love the new clone wars cartoon and characters)

bread's done
Back