Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone that pre-ordered the Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes Collector's Edition for PS4 on BestBuy.com have theirs... received, shipped or even processing?

Mine shows... my status says: order line status not available. It went from payment validated back to order received. Just curious with others here.
Mine is stuck in the same place. It looks like a lot of on-line retailers are showing it's out of stock or unavailable. I wonder if there were less shipped than expected to retailers for some reason?

smh they been teasing star wars since disney infinity 1 to be honest i dont see that being as popular as disney infinity 1 or 2 because most kids are too young to understand lol the awesomeness that is star wars or its lore (i love the new clone wars cartoon and characters)
You have no clue how popular it is to children, do you?

[quote name="SonicGamer" post="12114388" timestamp="1411492818"]you cant scrath them no more they are circle you only, there is still a way to find out whats in it = ) of course thats what im am doing hence why i ordered 50 bucks worth from amazon they have easy return policy [/quote]
Any more hints on this ? I bought 3 packs a TRU this morning and got only 1 rare. Something to do with the Infinity Gauntlet. Haven't looked at the list yet to see what it actually is.

It's a no-brainer that Disney Infinity 3.0 will release next year and center around Star Wars.
Which makes these 'gotta collect em all' BS all the more dumb. How many of THESE items do you think we'll see added to the toybox's next year when Star Wars does come out.

Star Wars is Crazy popular with kids these days. They probably like Star Wars more now then kids 20 years ago ever did. It's bigger then Avengers is and that says allot.

Any more hints on this ? I bought 3 packs a TRU this morning and got only 1 rare. Something to do with the Infinity Gauntlet. Haven't looked at the list yet to see what it actually is.
People put the unopened packs on their Disney Infinity base and it reads the disc without opening them. Lets you see if you need them without opening packs and finding duplicate discs that you already own.

Really useful, when your looking for those last 1-3 discs and have a 3/40 chance to find one of them or 100% waste your money on something you already wasted your money on.

Best deal on figs is the 3 for 33, unless you can wait until next week when Target has a B2G1 free sale, essentially 3 for 28. The best deal for a starter was the Amazon premium bundle, but I think most of them are gone. Currently your best bet for in store starter is BB deal or find the $10 off coupon for TRU that's been floating around.
Coupon? What coupon? First I'm hearing about this....

So am I correct then in assuming that the power discs are truly blind bagged and this round they're indistinguishable even when groped through the bags, ultimately relying on a trading system to get what you want?

So am I correct then in assuming that the power discs are truly blind bagged and this round they're indistinguishable even when groped through the bags, ultimately relying on a trading system to get what you want?
Can't grope for anything, but the base can still read the discs through the bag. So no, it's not a true blind bag. Just heavily obscured.

TRU sent out an email last week, for $10 off a Disney Infinity purchase of $75 or more.
That coupon is just a poor man's version of the "reserve the game and get a free figure". The restrictions on it don't allow it for any other purpose than buying 2 disc packs or a figure with the starterpack.

Ugh, they couldn't add the figures onto the in store pick up and since I used a gift card months ago and have no idea where it was they said it would only get refunded onto that gift card and not a new one so I guess I'm not getting the B2G1 figures for now. 

Exactly. Remember as much as us old timers and our jaded views hated Jar Jar, he was a made to sell to the kids. We have a very different view of Star Wars from children, but kids love it. And they don't get all stuck up on whether Han shot first or the clunky Anakin/Padme romance dialog. And they like Ewoks.

Really useful, when your looking for those last 1-3 discs and have a 3/40 chance to find one of them or 100% waste your money on something you already wasted your money on.
Not really a waste, they just sort of expect you to have friends with the game though. They are intended to be traded by school kids like cards to get a full set. It gives a bit of excitement to kids getting them, not unlike opening a new pack of cards. But it is very inconvenient to the adult collector - might be best to hope for a complete set pack to be released like they did last year for different series.

heads up to anyone that ordered a CE. My frost giant base looks horrible. You can see the seams were not glued together correctly and it just looks really cheap. I'm reaching out to Disney but for something they said would be "collectable quality" I'm pretty disappointed.

Not really a waste, they just sort of expect you to have friends with the game though. They are intended to be traded by school kids like cards to get a full set. It gives a bit of excitement to kids getting them, not unlike opening a new pack of cards. But it is very inconvenient to the adult collector - might be best to hope for a complete set pack to be released like they did last year for different series.
They're not THAT inconvenient. There's a bunch of different ways to trade the power discs, at least one of which being on these very forums.

Got my copy in today with the help of sasuke's GRU discount and I'm liking it so far. Can't play too much since my PS4 controller ran out of juice when I was using it to play Dead Rising 3 on the PC, but I at least got the Toybox level I made working after putting in every single character and the playset pieces in to get those unlocked.  Wonder if I should bother finishing the playsets I didn't finish in Infinity 1.0 for Toy Story (only had one thing left), Pirates (halfway), and Monsters (not started) or just not bother?

you cant scrath them no more they are circle you only, there is still a way to find out whats in it = ) of course thats what im am doing hence why i ordered 50 bucks worth from amazon they have easy return policy
Why do you keep mentioning this and not sharing the info on how. You are either trolling or a dick?

Why do you keep mentioning this and not sharing the info on how. You are either trolling or a dick?
bring them home, place them on the portal (still in package), flip over to see what's on other side. return if it's stuff you already have. Although others say it's difficult for the hex's to show up by "flipping the package". Still OTHERS are saying that some stores are being difficult w/ power disc returns.

Yes, I've been reading this thread all day while waiting for my starter set to be delivered.

Just use the disc trading forum. The vast majority of us are not horrible dicks.

Probably talking about scanning the package on your portal to see what triggers in-game.

Just don't open the package until you know it's something you want. Return the ones you don't want.

bring them home, place them on the portal (still in package), flip over to see what's on other side. return if it's stuff you already have. Although others say it's difficult for the hex's to show up by "flipping the package". Still OTHERS are saying that some stores are being difficult w/ power disc returns.

Yes, I've been reading this thread all day while waiting for my starter set to be delivered.

Just use the disc trading forum. The vast majority of us are not horrible dicks.
The disc scanning is a terrible pain in the ass now. I posted a long review of it a couple of pages ago. That won't help me find the rares though and its a dick move to mention something and now say how its done.

Does anyone know if you can exchange items from the Collector's Edition since they're individually packaged? My Hawkeye & the Thor in my Starter Pack have some discrepancies and I was thinking about exchanging them for better looking ones, but not sure if it'll work since they were packaged in the Collector's Edition.

Just fixed up the opening post. Is Wal-Mart, Gamestop, or Amazon running any specific deals I've forgotten to add?
Walmart has a $10 gift card if you purchase the starter pack from the 23rd-27th, but my local store didn't even have anything out yet as of a half hour ago. The electronics rep said he didn't have any idea about it (which doesn't surprise me in the least. The electronics manager that's never there knows his stuff, and so does one other kid, who is usually at the customer service desk).

Does anyone know if you can exchange items from the Collector's Edition since they're individually packaged? My Hawkeye & the Thor in my Starter Pack have some discrepancies and I was thinking about exchanging them for better looking ones, but not sure if it'll work since they were packaged in the Collector's Edition.
If the UPC is on it, you shouldn't have a problem doing an exchange.

30aqhqc.jpg

My 24 packs of power discs were delivered this afternoon by the post office. Now the wait for UPS to deliver the premium value pack and figures sometime today. In the meantime I guess its time to open the power discs and see how many duplicates I received.

Alright I just left my local target and best buy and they both had a crap load of everything in stock. So if you're waiting to get off work you can somewhat rest assured.

I had the GotG play set preordered from best buy. Asked if they could price match target with the free discs and they said no. Asked if they could price match 3 for $10 discs from tru, they said no. So I returned my pre-order and went to target where I got my Guardians with the discs and the price matched tru deal for 3 for $10. Thank yoooooou, target.

Out of the two disc packs I bought, I did get a duplicate, but it's a circle disc so I don't mind having 2 of those. I also got a rare, Ghost Rider's Chain Whip. Overall, not bad.

Just picked up my ps4 starter pack at best buy. Even though I used the glitch to get a free toy box set the girl said I also get a free character for preordering. I went with Venom. Pretty pleased to get two copies of the game, six figures and everything else for $60!

Just had a thought, do I need to have the spiderman play set to use venom? Can I use him in the toy box?

Just went to Best Buy to buy the starter pack and get my B2G1 deal on figures.  No go.  My GCU discount didn't ring up and the deal didn't work.  They got a manager, I showed them the flyer with the B2G1 deal and explained the GCU discount, and they said if it doesn't ring up in the machine then I'm wrong.  Won't ever go to that store again.

The items from the Collectors Edition do have UPC codes. they should be identical to the items in stores. The only issue you may have is being able to do a return for a product without a receipt for that exact product.

My suggestion would be to buy the figures you want, and then use that receipt to return the figures from the CE.

Just went to Best Buy to buy the starter pack and get my B2G1 deal on figures. No go. My GCU discount didn't ring up and the deal didn't work. They got a manager, I showed them the flyer with the B2G1 deal and explained the GCU discount, and they said if it doesn't ring up in the machine then I'm wrong. Won't ever go to that store again.
I had no issues at my Best Buy. CSR pressed a magic button and it worked. No manager needed and GCU went through fine. $22.38 + tax for 3 figures. Separate receipt with just the figures on it.

I happened to go to Fry's today for a non--gaming purchase. They had nothing from 2.0. Just FYI.

This game is still a technical disappointment. It's obviously running on the same engine as last year's game, which was expected. But the framerate isn't any better, and I'm playing the PS4 version. Loading times are shameful - so bad that my four year old literally said "I don't think it's ever going to load." The visuals are underwhelming and the effects are only marginally better. The character models are embarrassingly simple and look two generations old. Granted they are supposed to look like toys, but the toys honestly have more detail. That's as much a compliment to the toys - they look great, especially Venom.

Having said all that... my kids love it. They've already been playing with the toys outside the game.

It seems Disney has hit upon the exact amount of development effort required to churn out a product that people still want to buy. That's impressive but it also sucks.

My Best Buy had everything only thing that sucked was my movers coupon was used already for some reason. I guess when I bought Agents of Shield a few weeks back she tried to use it and it wouldn't stack with a price match. I guess that was when it was activated. Sucks costs me another $6 in savings. I ended up just getting both playsets there and I am waiting to hit up tru for 3 figures.

I had no issues at my Best Buy. CSR pressed a magic button and it worked. No manager needed and GCU went through fine. $22.38 + tax for 3 figures. Separate receipt with just the figures on it.

How and why did they do and a different receipt if you don't mind me asking.

I wouldn't trade mine in.. firstly because they're bonus XP attached for collecting them all...

I don't know what the hell the reviewers were playing but I've had fun...

Anyone play the Treasure Hunt portion of the Toybox yet?  Play as Aladdin right now :) Wow.. this is fun.  No spoilers.. but tons of cool characters...

Best buy really messed up my order. They charged me for the free spiderman set and shipped me the ps3 version instead ofwiiu. My order does show I ordered the wiiu version.

The items from the Collectors Edition do have UPC codes. they should be identical to the items in stores. The only issue you may have is being able to do a return for a product without a receipt for that exact product.

My suggestion would be to buy the figures you want, and then use that receipt to return the figures from the CE.
After inspecting the CE base, I think I might just take the whole thing back and exchange it for a different one, unfortunately still can't determine how everything looks before the purchase.

bread's done
Back