Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
John Vignocchi was quoted as saying that 2.0 figures would work in 1.0 with a title update.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/disney_infinity/news/disney_plans_to_release_a_new_disney_infinity_game_every_year.html
That's insane. In the future they can have this, but not in 1.0. 2.0 has DLC support already. (I dug through the game's dictionary and database. The missing two characters aren't there this year, but plenty of references to requiring DLC to see the character on the base)

So my 7 year olds initial impressions seemed pretty good. She liked playing as all of the different disney characters in the treasure hunt so much she played it twice. Once we moved on to playing the Avengers playset she wanted to use Black widow but quickly dumped her in favor of Thor and Stark due to the fact that they could fly. In 1.0 she enjoyed the Incredibles helicopter a bunch but since so many of the marvel guys xan fly without even needing a vehicle I think shes going to be more into them.

Are the Toy Box creations fun to play (either fan made or by Disney)? The problem I had with 1.0 Toy Box and Little Big Planet was that I didn't actually think they fun to play, despite being impressively built. 

Are the Toy Box creations fun to play (either fan made or by Disney)? The problem I had with 1.0 Toy Box and Little Big Planet was that I didn't actually think they fun to play, despite being impressively built.
Honestly, no. There are still glitches. The camera gets stuck sometimes. Sometimes the toys don't activate the way they should. And the toy boxes still aren't very big. There is even a curated list of user-made content now and all of those still have these problems.

The creations, IMO, are hit and miss.  I genuinely didn't like some of them, but like the D23 Disney I thought was fun.  It's MORE fun with 2players.  Playing tag, helicopter wars, racing, etc.

Honestly, my kid is spending her entire time in the INterior.  I found that I could design logics in there so I'm having lots of fun.

Avengers is ok.  She has a hard time by herself.  She plays black widow but again, wants to fly.  In order to kill the guys by herself, she hops on the motorcycle and shoots.

She has WAY more fun with GotG.  Gamorra is a great character and she enjoys using the bounce pads in Knowhere way  more than in NY.

The only thing I haven't broken open is Spiderman.  Frankly, Venom is MY personal character (she has been warned not to touch).  I hope to do so this weekend.

I've unlocked Nova and Rocket in Avengers.  I've only unlocked Ironman in GotG so far.

Is there a list of Gamestop trade in values for the figures? One of the Targets near me has some 1.0 figures for 70% off. I might pick them up if the trade in value is worth it

Is there a list of Gamestop trade in values for the figures? One of the Targets near me has some 1.0 figures for 70% off. I might pick them up if the trade in value is worth it
I never see anything on clearance at my local Target. All I have left to complete 1.0 is Mater and Syndrome. I know Syndrome is out of stock everywhere but I keep finding pegs and pegs full of Mater at MSRP. Need clearance!!!

The creations, IMO, are hit and miss. I genuinely didn't like some of them, but like the D23 Disney I thought was fun. It's MORE fun with 2players. Playing tag, helicopter wars, racing, etc.

Honestly, my kid is spending her entire time in the INterior. I found that I could design logics in there so I'm having lots of fun.

Avengers is ok. She has a hard time by herself. She plays black widow but again, wants to fly. In order to kill the guys by herself, she hops on the motorcycle and shoots.

She has WAY more fun with GotG. Gamorra is a great character and she enjoys using the bounce pads in Knowhere way more than in NY.

The only thing I haven't broken open is Spiderman. Frankly, Venom is MY personal character (she has been warned not to touch). I hope to do so this weekend.

I've unlocked Nova and Rocket in Avengers. I've only unlocked Ironman in GotG so far.
I don't have any children and I'm 35, but I might be able to get my girlfriend to play the game with me. I enjoyed the 1.0 playsets honestly. I like the Lone Ranger, Cars, and Incredibles the most. I also like the Toy Box from the Toy Story 3 game.

So if I want to play my old toy sets like Lone Ranger or Cars I need to keep my Infinity 1 360 version, right? This new game won't take any of the toy sets, just the characters? I'm trying to figure out if I can sell my 1 game or not since I'm going to get this for my One.

I pre-ordered online. Picked up my order launch day. I also picked up two figures I pre-ordered in store. I then puchased a third figure. I was not aware that I could have received the B2G1 figures with my preorder. What are the chances they will fix it in store based on my receipt?

Is Elsa 70% off? I may have to go check out my local Target if she is.
Its YMMV. The one Target I found them at had Rapunzel and two others marked down, I didn't pay attention because we have all 1.0 figures already. But I have been two other Targets since then and they didn't have any on clearance. I was only really interested because I think someone in this thread stated that some, like Syndrome, can get $9 credit,

I don't have any children and I'm 35, but I might be able to get my girlfriend to play the game with me. I enjoyed the 1.0 playsets honestly. I like the Lone Ranger, Cars, and Incredibles the most. I also like the Toy Box from the Toy Story 3 game.
I have a affinity for well done licensed games. They're fun without being overly complicated.

Ok, quick question. My friend who has a WiiU wants to download the game but he doesnt have the base. I have the ps3 base for 1.0 and I use it on my PS4 for 2.0. WIll the base that comes with the 2.0 PS4 starter work on the WiiU? 

Also has anyone tried online play yet? is it online with playsets or just the toy box?

Ok, quick question. My friend who has a WiiU wants to download the game but he doesnt have the base. I have the ps3 base for 1.0 and I use it on my PS4 for 2.0. WIll the base that comes with the 2.0 PS4 starter work on the WiiU?

Also has anyone tried online play yet? is it online with playsets or just the toy box?
Online play is Toy Box only, same as last time :(

If you're going to give him a base, why not give him the base from your ps3? It would work with the wii u. I believe the ps4 would too but I know the ps3 one does because that's what I use on my wifi u.

If you're going to give him a base, why not give him the base from your ps3? It would work with the wii u. I believe the ps4 would too but I know the ps3 one does because that's what I use on my wifi u.
I been using the same base I got for the WiiU from ebay a while back on the PS4 just fine.

Keep an eye out at your Target stores.....on a whim, I went by one I very rarely vistit and they had some older Disney Infinity 1.0 figures on clearance for $3.56

They had Ralph
Perry
Phineas
Rapunzell
Elsa
Matter
Davey Jones

I never got them Matter, Rapunzell or Wreck-It Ralph so at that prize I did.

I pre-ordered online. Picked up my order launch day. I also picked up two figures I pre-ordered in store. I then puchased a third figure. I was not aware that I could have received the B2G1 figures with my preorder. What are the chances they will fix it in store based on my receipt?
They may have you return everything and re-buy. If you got a figure free with your pre-order, that one would be voided (i.e. you'd be charged back for it).

Maybe that's YMMV, but that's how BBY explained it to me when I asked. Since I got the Spidey playset for free, it wasn't worth the potential hassle. I'm sure if you're on good terms with a manager, they might just look at the receipt, ring up three figures, and give you one of those for free.

That was the plan. I didn't even take the PS4 on out of the package because it was the same.

They may have you return everything and re-buy. If you got a figure free with your pre-order, that one would be voided (i.e. you'd be charged back for it).

Maybe that's YMMV, but that's how BBY explained it to me when I asked. Since I got the Spidey playset for free, it wasn't worth the potential hassle. I'm sure if you're on good terms with a manager, they might just look at the receipt, ring up three figures, and give you one of those for free.
I was able to return and rebuy my starter set yesterday for full value even though I got the free figure for preordering. I had a movers coupon I wanted to use and I wanted to buy two figures to get the third one free. I never mentioned the original free figure for preordering even though it was clearly on the same packing slip.

Looking at my receipt she didn't do a "return" for the starter set she did it as an "exchange".

I was able to return and rebuy my starter set yesterday for full value even though I got the free figure for preordering. I had a movers coupon I wanted to use and I wanted to buy two figures to get the third one free. I never mentioned the original free figure for preordering even though it was clearly on the same packing slip.

Looking at my receipt she didn't do a "return" for the starter set she did it as an "exchange".
Funny enough I did the same thing, the only difference is I actually wanted to returnt he Wii-U version for the XB1. Grabbed the figures in the B2G1 promo along with the Free Spiderman set from pre-ordering back in June.

Keep an eye out at your Target stores.....on a whim, I went by one I very rarely vistit and they had some older Disney Infinity 1.0 figures on clearance for $3.56

They had Ralph
Perry
Phineas
Rapunzell
Elsa
Matter
Davey Jones

I never got them Matter, Rapunzell or Wreck-It Ralph so at that prize I did.
Rapunzel and Phineas were the two I absolutely remember seeing. Also saw a third, may have been Ralph

Has anyone with 2.0 figures verified that they work with DI 1.0. I remember disney claiming DI was going to be backward and forward compatible. I have the toybox edition ordered but might pick up some characters now if this is really the case.
Its funny that this comes up as I am browsing my Facebook and the Disney Infinity FAQ pops up and says the figures will work, no mention of later dates or anything

I'm looking to build a 1.0 set of figures, if you are thinking of selling to gamestop please pm me. I can give you more than gamestop, and I get the figures for less than new retail.
I'm not an El hoardo, I'm just looking to put together a set of 1.0 figures. We have sully, etc from the starter pack and the Phineas and Ferb playset, but nothing else. I just hate the idea that you may sell low to the villains at gamestop and I would buy high from them.

Was able to return my bby.com preorder without the free figure and rebuy it with 2 additional figures to get the third one free. Also rebought both playsets on the same transaction to use a movers coupon on everything.

So my best buy haul was :

WiiU starter set, 4 figures, 2 playsets, for only like $130 after tax.
Sorry late to the party. Movers coupon at post office?

I'm looking to build a 1.0 set of figures, if you are thinking of selling to gamestop please pm me. I can give you more than gamestop, and I get the figures for less than new retail.
I'm not an El hoardo, I'm just looking to put together a set of 1.0 figures. We have sully, etc from the starter pack and the Phineas and Ferb playset, but nothing else. I just hate the idea that you may sell low to the villains at gamestop and I would buy high from them.
GameStop doesn't take any Disney Infinity product in on trade. eBay or craigslist is going to be your best bet or look out for clearances going on. I keep seeing people talk about figures being as low as $2-3 it seems.

Rapunzel and Phineas were the two I absolutely remember seeing. Also saw a third, may have been Ralph

Its funny that this comes up as I am browsing my Facebook and the Disney Infinity FAQ pops up and says the figures will work, no mention of later dates or anything
Can you link where you see this? And are you sure it says 2.0 figures in 1.0 game? I goggled a bit and can only find some outdated articles with this claim and according to users here, it doesn't work that way.

GameStop doesn't take any Disney Infinity product in on trade. eBay or craigslist is going to be your best bet or look out for clearances going on. I keep seeing people talk about figures being as low as $2-3 it seems.
I will keep an eye on eBay and craigslist, I just thought I would throw the offer out there and we could keep it in the CAG family!

Anyone get an update on their DI 2.0 CE from Best Buy for either PS3 or PS4?   I have the GOTG play set and a power disc package that I got for free by pre-ordering this at BBY still sealed package.

I went ahead and picked up my DI 2.0 CE from Gamestop that I had pre-ordered prior to ordering the deal from BBY.

I'm staring at the new and sealed box from Gamestop and seriously considering opening it to start playing but the CAG in me is still hoping BBY gets their  fuck together and ships me my game at my GCU price.

In my head I can justify $144 + tax from BBY for the CE with the free GOTG and power disc.   I can't think of much reason I would pay $180 for the same set with a free character.

If I had any confidence that BBY would actually ship my DI CE within Gamestop's 30 day return policy I would have already opened the Gamestop one that I keep staring at in the pretty sealed box.

Has anyone got an offer from BBY to cancel their pre-order for the DI CE?  

bread's done
Back