Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
John Vignocchi has been posting hints and answering questions via twitter. He has previous said the last two Disney characters to be announced were from the same franchise, with 1 girl and 1 boy. About a week ago when he was asked when they would be announced he said "We are prepping the grid". On Sunday someone asked how to unlock the tron light cycle in toybox, which he replied "I cannot say at this time... (This will make sense later)".

Putting it all together you could make the case for the last 2 figures being Sam Flynn and Quorra. Matches the previous description, usage of the word grid, and the light cycle will make sense later....
As much as I want this to happen, I'm not holding my breath on it. Tron Legacy was a bit of a flop and Tron 3 has been in development hell for years. There's many more easily marketable characters they can drop into the game.

Tron Legacy wasn't a flop.
It made $400 million in theaters on a $170 million budget
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=tron2.htm

And Tron 3 isn't development hell. Tron 3 was always meant to be delayed until after the conclusion of Tron:Uprising.
I was about to defend Legacy, but then I realized that $400 mil was actually worldwide gross, so I have a feeling it only barely broke even, maybe not even that. Remember, the budget doesn't include marketing, and Disney marketed the hell out of Tron Legacy, so I can't really say it was a huge success for them. I think they were really hoping for another Cars ie sell all the merchandise, but I don't think that happened.

Not saying Tron Legacy was bad, I really liked it, but given that Uprising was cancelled, it could be awhile for Tron 3.

And I do think the final characters may be Tron related. A playset would be even better, but that's wishful thinking.

Ugh, yup, those douches just canceled my PS4 Toy Box pack, even the one that was a free item with the Marvel starter kit order.  Time for a return.

I got the cancel email even through I cancelled the order a few weeks ago when someone said they got charged for their order and I wasn't really wanting to have that happen to me.

Got my cancelation email. All I wanna know is... What took them so long. Lol. Oh well figured this was gonna happen.

I would be beyond disappointed if the top secret last two figures were from Tron. For a release that people are complaining doesn't have enough traditional Disney stuff, Tron would seem strange.

Yeah, mine has been opened as well. Now Im kinda bummed I didn't even get in on the free figure at least since I ordered mine with the Marvel kit :/
Same here. I passed on the constant free figure promo, as well as Spiderman playset and GoTG playset. If they had cancelled this before the game released I would have just cancelled the whole order and waited for a better deal. How convenient of them to change my order after I've been charged.

The other option for those of you who opened yours is to go buy a new starter set from TRU, with a free figure, and then return that one to Best Buy. At least then you get a free figure. :/

Well damn, my PS4 Toy Box Starter Pack got cancelled too. Looks like I'm returning the Wii U Starter Pack I got with it that was shipped to me. Thankfully I haven't opened it because I've been playing my PS3 CE pack copy. Sucks that I'm not going to get my free upgrade to PS4 now...  fuck

I did try calling customer service and after 30 minutes on hold I gave up. It'll just be easier to return the damn thing....

Canceled my order as well.  I am furious and won't stop until they at least allow me to return the opened game without penalty.  Absolutely ludicrous.  If it was a simple price mistake, fine--cancel it BEFORE THE PURCHASE WAS FINALIZED.

But don't wait until I purchase the $80 game and THEN cancel the free part of my order.  It was clearly deliberate on their end. 

Got my cancelation email too.
Despite this I'd just like to thank the people in this thread for pointing out the glitch. It was nice thinking I might actually get that set (I really wanted stitch lol).

Really dissapointed, but I just got the 1.0 wii u pack a few months ago anyway so I'm set on collecting & disney related stuff for now.

Tron Legacy wasn't a flop.
It made $400 million in theaters on a $170 million budget
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=tron2.htm

And Tron 3 isn't development hell. Tron 3 was always meant to be delayed until after the conclusion of Tron:Uprising.
Perhaps "Flop" was a bit hyperbolic on my part, but it certainly wasn't the success that Disney wanted it to be. And Uprising will likely forever be left on its ending cliffhanger, much to the chagrin of the handful of fans of that show. (Myself included.)

Just got off the phone with customer service.  I was offered a $15 gift card or the option to file my complaint with corporate.  I told them to file my complaint with corporate.  I was very nice with the man and he was very cordial.

I had already filled out a complaint with the BBB and have yet to hit "submit," but if my response from corporate is unacceptable I will do that and I let them know it.

I highly encourage everyone to do this.  My only goal with this is to simply return the opened game for a full refund.

I opened the package but not the game so I wonder if they'll pitch a fit of me returning this then. I didn't get my free figure from that order so -shrugs- 

What's the release date of the set?  They've shipped canceled glitch orders before.

It took about 70 minutes but I had success! The first person I talked to was only able to offer a $10 credit or gift certificate, or return to store (It was great asking her how I was supposed to return it now that the original packaging was gone, hearing her ask over chat, and then say, "Oh, you can't return it unless it's still sealed.")  I politely declined the $10 credit and asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor was very helpful and got authorization to place a new order for a free starter set.

She said there was a mass cancellation and they're still trying to figure out what to do. I imagine if you placed an order for the Marvel Starter Set and picked the Toy Box starter set as the free item, you still have a decent chance if speaking to a supervisor. I suspect there were far more orders for just the free Toy Box and the people that BOGO free were just caught up in the mass cancellation. If you have a lot of time to kill, give it a shot!

So if I want to play my old toy sets like Lone Ranger or Cars I need to keep my Infinity 1 360 version, right? This new game won't take any of the toy sets, just the characters? I'm trying to figure out if I can sell my 1 game or not since I'm going to get this for my One.

So if I want to play my old toy sets like Lone Ranger or Cars I need to keep my Infinity 1 360 version, right? This new game won't take any of the toy sets, just the characters? I'm trying to figure out if I can sell my 1 game or not since I'm going to get this for my One.
Yes, they playsets are not in 2.0, so you'd need to keep 1.0 to play them.

1.0 Playsets only work with the 1.0 software, you're correct.

It took about 70 minutes but I had success! The first person I talked to was only able to offer a $10 credit or gift certificate, or return to store (It was great asking her how I was supposed to return it now that the original packaging was gone, hearing her ask over chat, and then say, "Oh, you can't return it unless it's still sealed.") I politely declined the $10 credit and asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor was very helpful and got authorization to place a new order for a free starter set.

She said there was a mass cancellation and they're still trying to figure out what to do. I imagine if you placed an order for the Marvel Starter Set and picked the Toy Box starter set as the free item, you still have a decent chance if speaking to a supervisor. I suspect there were far more orders for just the free Toy Box and the people that BOGO free were just caught up in the mass cancellation. If you have a lot of time to kill, give it a shot!
Also just got off the phone. I was offered a $15 GC but was told they really didn't have a lot of information about what they were doing for the people who got cancelations. He gave me a case number and said to call back in a couple days. I guess I should've talked to a supervisor also...

It took about 70 minutes but I had success! The first person I talked to was only able to offer a $10 credit or gift certificate, or return to store (It was great asking her how I was supposed to return it now that the original packaging was gone, hearing her ask over chat, and then say, "Oh, you can't return it unless it's still sealed.") I politely declined the $10 credit and asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor was very helpful and got authorization to place a new order for a free starter set.

I will have to give this a shot after gym this evening. Thanks for reporting it.

My TBSP got cancelled too, now the question is, do I want to order it again with a free Donald Duck figure, or do I want to get the game for Wii U digitally for $19.99 with the free toy box game discs and then buy the figures separately... I don't need the base, so I'm not sure what I want to do.

Also, I'd completely support TRON & Quorra figures as long as we got Classic TRON with a Rinzler costume disc.

Anyone have an idea as to when Amazon usually puts up preorders for the Disney Originals figures and The Toy Box Starter Pack? I noticed they have the Disney Originals power disc packs and Disney Originals guide up for preorder.

My TBSP got cancelled too, now the question is, do I want to order it again with a free Donald Duck figure, or do I want to get the game for Wii U digitally for $19.99 with the free toy box game discs and then buy the figures separately... I don't need the base, so I'm not sure what I want to do.

Also, I'd completely support TRON & Quorra figures as long as we got Classic TRON with a Rinzler costume disc.
Honestly I think I'm going to preorder and get a free Donald also. If you do the math, the games 60. The 3 figures (without sales) is 45. So it's an extra 15 for the toy box disc which will probably sell for 5 each anyhow.

After seeing the sheer size of the CE when I picked it up, and then seeing how low the Titanfall CE got clearanced by Amazon just now, I wonder if they'll be doing something similar with this one in a few months...

Canceled my order as well. I am furious and won't stop until they at least allow me to return the opened game without penalty. Absolutely ludicrous. If it was a simple price mistake, fine--cancel it BEFORE THE PURCHASE WAS FINALIZED.

But don't wait until I purchase the $80 game and THEN cancel the free part of my order. It was clearly deliberate on their end.
Just got off the phone with customer service. I was offered a $15 gift card or the option to file my complaint with corporate. I told them to file my complaint with corporate. I was very nice with the man and he was very cordial.

I had already filled out a complaint with the BBB and have yet to hit "submit," but if my response from corporate is unacceptable I will do that and I let them know it.

I highly encourage everyone to do this. My only goal with this is to simply return the opened game for a full refund.
Wah wah BBB help me! Wah wah

Stop being a baby...you win some you lose some. You tried to play the game, but the game played you lol you can't win them all. Take it as a champ, you sore loser.

Best Buy gave many of us free Grand Theft Auto V's last year...history almost repeated itself this year, but it didn't.

P.s. Best Buy does not have to honor (such obvious) mistakes.

bread's done
Back