Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love Tron figures. A playset would be even better. An Uprising playset that wrapped up the core plot would be a dream come true, but this is Disney we're talking about.

Wah wah BBB help me! Wah wah

Stop being a baby...you win some you lose some. You tried to play the game, but the game played you lol you can't win them all. Take it as a champ, you sore loser.

Best Buy gave many of us free Grand Theft Auto V's last year...history almost repeated itself this year, but it didn't.

P.s. Best Buy does not have to honor (such obvious) mistakes.
The people who are calling picked it as thier free item when preordering the marvel starter kit which means they missed out on a free figure so they have a right to still gey their frer figure

The people who are calling picked it as thier free item when preordering the marvel starter kit which means they missed out on a free figure so they have a right to still gey their frer figure
I understand that. I hope they get their free figure...but the poster that i quoted was offered a $15 giftcard. The poster denied it and wants a full refund for a game that was opened & played.

That dude came across as a spoiled brat in the posts that I read. You don't see me complaining that i didn't get my free game! Lol I'm buying the $20 digital copy on November 4 alongside the GOTG playset

I understand that. I hope they get their free figure...but the poster that i quoted was offered a $15 giftcard. The poster denied it and wants a full refund for a game that was opened & played.

That dude came across as a spoiled brat in the posts that I read. You don't see me complaining that i didn't get my free game! Lol I'm buying the $20 digital copy on November 4 alongside the GOTG playset
Best Buy went back on their deal. It's not the user's fault they did it after they shipped half of it.

Best Buy went back on their deal. It's not the user's fault they did it after they shipped half of it.
Lol try harder...this was not their deal. Best Buy's deal was a free figure with the purchase of a Starter set. The Toy Box shouldn't have been there. Do you want to know how I know? Because the orders got cancelled, bud

Stop being a baby...you win some you lose some. You tried to play the game, but the game played you lol you can't win them all. Take it as a champ, you sore loser.

Best Buy gave many of us free Grand Theft Auto V's last year...history almost repeated itself this year, but it didn't.

Cool story, bro. You seem to be a bastion of intelligence and maturity with your "Bobby's World" avatar.

Best Buy sold an $80 item under the exact understanding that a specific free item would be also given. If that's a mistake, cancel the deal BEFORE the $80 item is purchased. You can't wait until after the expensive item is purchased and then pull back the free item regardless of it was a "price mistake" or not. They baited customers in and then, after receiving payment, pulled their initial deal.

Sorry, that's against the law. Consumers have every right to contact the BBB about this and I guarantee they'll get involved with Best Buy.

Sorry, that's against the law. Consumers have every right to contact the BBB about this and I guarantee they'll get involved with Best Buy.
People also have the right to make racial slurs, protest, and argue.. but heaven forbid you do so in company. Or say Bomb on an airplane.

It's NOT against the law. It was very much a mistake. That little order you click ok to reserves the right for Best Buy to cancel at any time. It's that small writing I'm sure you're ignoring.

And complaining to the BBB because the scam fell through (and it very much WAS a scam.. it said free figure... very pointedly)... you're like one of those people on Yelp that 1-starred the national parks because they were too natural.

Canceled my order as well. I am furious and won't stop until they at least allow me to return the opened game without penalty. Absolutely ludicrous. If it was a simple price mistake, fine--cancel it BEFORE THE PURCHASE WAS FINALIZED.

But don't wait until I purchase the $80 game and THEN cancel the free part of my order. It was clearly deliberate on their end.
You're funny.

Cool story, bro. You seem to be a bastion of intelligence and maturity with your "Bobby's World" avatar.

Best Buy sold an $80 item under the exact understanding that a specific free item would be also given. If that's a mistake, cancel the deal BEFORE the $80 item is purchased. You can't wait until after the expensive item is purchased and then pull back the free item regardless of it was a "price mistake" or not. They baited customers in and then, after receiving payment, pulled their initial deal.

Lol the BBB is a joke...what are they gonna do...write a strongly worded memo? Haha

Threating BB with the BBB shows how little you know about how things work in real life.

Do yourself a favor and stop replying. try to save some face

Just got my shipping notice for DI 2.0 CE from Best Buy. Hopefully it arrives in Good Shape
I am sorry this thread is only for complaining about toy box cancellations and best buys bait and switch tactics. You might want to start your own thread about disney infinity.

I too got the Best Buy cancellation notice, though I was trying to order The Starter Pack by itself. Oh well.

In other news, I went to my local Target in Gardena and was able to find Mater, Davy Jones, and Rapunzal figures on clearance for $3.54! Score! They were not in the DI isle, but in the electronics clearance section. I asked an associate if all Di 1.0 figures were on clearance and said that those were returned from an online order. Umm… ok?! My kids just got DI 1.0 so it's new to us! What are the cooler power disc to look out for?

Also, anyone looking to get rid of duplicate DI 1.0 figures or power disc, let me know!

Thanks!

i got a cancelation to i am so mad i want my free toy boy set with my 80 buck purchase!!! best buy this is not right!! lol actually im just trolling i got my stuff at launch = p  :D/  =P~ but really stop pmsing and GTF over it 

I too got the Best Buy cancellation notice, though I was trying to order The Starter Pack by itself. Oh well.

In other news, I went to my local Target in Gardena and was able to find Mater, Davy Jones, and Rapunzal figures on clearance for $3.54! Score! They were not in the DI isle, but in the electronics clearance section. I asked an associate if all Di 1.0 figures were on clearance and said that those were returned from an online order. Umm… ok?! My kids just got DI 1.0 so it's new to us! What are the cooler power disc to look out for?
Also, anyone looking to get rid of duplicate DI 1.0 figures or power disc, let me know!
Thanks!

I got a few for $3.54 myself that were at clearance but they only had woody mater and phineas but i went to walmart and had them price match so i ended up getting around 10 figures all for $3.58 each.they didnt even flinch when i said i need a price match.all they said was ok and bam walked out with alot of them

I got a few for $3.54 myself that were at clearance but they only had woody mater and phineas but i went to walmart and had them price match so i ended up getting around 10 figures all for $3.58 each.they didnt even flinch when i said i need a price match.all they said was ok and bam walked out with alot of them
Thats incredible! My Wal-Mart fights me every step of the way when I try to pm! They require an add (cant be on my phone) proof that the item is in stock, a pint of blood, and a silver knife to complete the ritual. I have given up shopping at Wal-Mart because of it.

Thats incredible! My Wal-Mart fights me every step of the way when I try to pm! They require an add (cant be on my phone) proof that the item is in stock, a pint of blood, and a silver knife to complete the ritual. I have given up shopping at Wal-Mart because of it.
^^This. Wal Mart is full of morons. Employees and customers alike.

^^This. Wal Mart is full of morons. Employees and customers alike.
Target has quite irked me lately too. They have always fought me whenever I've tried to PM, last one was when I was PMing the 3/10 power discs from TRU. First they told me they don't PM TRU, which I told them was not true, then after I showed them the ad on my phone and they completed the transaction, they told me I'm not allowed to show them my phone for the PM, they have to look it up on their ipad, which she could have done in the first place.

The obly place that mwhere I've had a great experience PMing is BB, where all you do is show them the ad on your phone and they do it at the register, no questions or hassle, and no dealing with customer service.

This is a pretty good point. If BB is offering to compensate for the cancellations with a $15 gift card, which happens to be the price of the figure they were intending to offer in the promotion, that's probably as good as it's going to get. It's fair and it's what the text of the promotion indicated on the website. If anything it's a bit better as it offers some flexibility beyond being locked into purchasing a figure.

Target has quite irked me lately too. They have always fought me whenever I've tried to PM, last one was when I was PMing the 3/10 power discs from TRU.
My store couldn't find the 2.0 discs on their ipad...
I also was trying to buy some 1.0 series 3 packs and they found them, but then told me they don't match a "three for..." deal.

I was pretty sure this was within their policy but I didn't feel like drawing it out any further.
Walmart matched at register with a print out of the TRU ad.

So for anyone looking to get in on the Target Clearance on the Disney 1.0 I can help out.

So Sunday I went to Target to get the $3.56 per figure deal that someone else posted about.   When I scanned the 1.0 figures it simply said "Item Not Found" which was a pretty clear idea that they were marked for clearance but without a price coming up they said 'Sorry' try back Wednesday when our systems prices update.

Long story short if your seeing the "Item Not Found" when you use the price scanner, take them to Guest Services (Customer Service) and ask them to check it for a red tag clearance label.   When they check it, it'll auto print out the discounted clearance price of $3.56 per figure.   The problem is that no one knew these were being clearanced, so they have the incorrect barcode.

Bought: $3.56 each (75% off)

Woody

Barbarossa

Dash

Ralph

Vanellope

Elsa

Anna

Mater

Phineas

Agent P.

Rapunzel

Davy Jones

Every 1.0 figure they had was on clearance.   I didn't bother checking the discs.  

Oh and the whole B2G1 thing didn't apply because they were marked "As Is" as part of the clearance special.    Though you MIGHT be able to have them manually apply it, I didn't bother since I was happy to just get them for $3.56.

Does anyone know what the trade-in values for the 1.0 figures are? I know Syndrome is around $9 but I haven't heard any other values reported. I'm considering trading them in as I don't plan on using them much anymore.

Thanks in advance. :)

After beating Avengers (last night) and currently working on Box cleanup (though I don't have Hulk... so I'm probably going to have to wait for 100% completion. I've been playing Spiderman this weekend. I just don't know. There are somethings different (like Avengers tower right there in the center of the map below), there's not enough that I could justify it. If anything, it seems like a waste of a cash-in. Conversely, they've added buildings in the Spiderman map (like OzCorp). If this were the comics, wouldn't Spiderman's Manhattan also have Avenger's Manhattan in it?

Here's the best example I can give:

SPOILER ALERT... if you don't want to see location of boxes... then don't look! You've been warned:

Avengers Map
map_avengers_bonus.png

Spiderman Map
map_spider_man_bonus.png
Probably not:

This is the either the 616 or Cinematic Universe Avengers and the Ultimate/Cartoon Ultimate Universe Spiderman.

Thus their Manhattans can be different.

Didn't a lot of people actually receive a cancellation notice for GTAV as well, but the orders still ended up shipping out? I know a few people who did receive a GTAV cancellation e-mail, and they all still ended up getting it

Is there any place to sell the extra base to? No store around here wants to take it, with some were offering three dollars one day...nothing next week.

I'm actually looking to trade my PS4 starter pack for a Wii U starter pack if anyone is interested. The SP box is opened (I took a look at the figures (I put the sticker right back on). But everything else is still sealed and untouched. I got the Collector's Edition and it seems that the starter pack inside has a different UPC code to the one sold in stores so no stores have the code in their systems. Unless anyone knows how I could still exchange it at a store?

I too think I'm gonna put in a pre-order for the Disney Originals Starter Pack, keep the three figures and Toy Box Game Discs, and flip the Disc and Base up on eBay.

This is what I figure: (This are GCU Prices)

If purchased separately:
Merida Figure: $11.19
Stitch Figure: $11.19
Donald Figure: $11.19
Toy Box Game Discs 2-Pack: $15.99
Total: $49.56

Toy Box Starter Pack: $47.99
Free Figure (Donald): $0.00
Sell base on eBay: $-10
Sell game on eBay: $-20
Total:$17.99

Do you guys think the resell value of the game is more than $20, or is that a fair price? There are pre-tax prices of course, and I'm not taking into account eBay's cut of the sales, but either way it looks like buying the Starter Pack and flipping the stuff I don't need is a much better deal.

Now I just need to decide what platform to buy it for. I'm thinking probably PS4 as it'll be the easiest to resell.

I too think I'm gonna put in a pre-order for the Disney Originals Starter Pack, keep the three figures and Toy Box Game Discs, and flip the Disc and Base up on eBay.

This is what I figure: (This are GCU Prices)

If purchased separately:
Merida Figure: $11.19
Stitch Figure: $11.19
Donald Figure: $11.19
Toy Box Game Discs 2-Pack: $15.99
Total: $49.56

Toy Box Starter Pack: $47.99
Free Figure (Donald): $0.00
Sell base on eBay: $-10
Sell game on eBay: $-20
Total:$17.99

Do you guys think the resell value of the game is more than $20, or is that a fair price? There are pre-tax prices of course, and I'm not taking into account eBay's cut of the sales, but either way it looks like buying the Starter Pack and flipping the stuff I don't need is a much better deal.

Now I just need to decide what platform to buy it for. I'm thinking probably PS4 as it'll be the easiest to resell.
$20 is fair. That is what the download will sell for.

So just to clarify the only base that isn't compatible with other systems is the 360, correct? So if I have it on Wii-U and preorder my second set on PS4 or X-Box One I will be able to sell the second base? 

So just to clarify the only base that isn't compatible with other systems is the 360, correct? So if I have it on Wii-U and preorder my second set on PS4 or X-Box One I will be able to sell the second base?
There's four bases in existence:

One works only on the Xbox 360.
One works only on the Xbox One.
One works only on the 3DS.
One works with the PS4, PS3, Wii, and Wii U.

The Microsoft consoles have security chips in them so that peripheral developers have to go through Microsoft and pay for licenses. So yes... f--- Microsoft.
Yeah i know, i came across many people that had that problem when the free DI digital copy came out for the Wii U...i lucked out because i putchased the ps3 version

Man all of my Targets in the area are wiped out of the 1.0 figures. Was hoping to snag at least a Woody. Need at least 1 Toy Story character to play the playset.  

It will for a limited time yeah.
Oh ok...I'm impatiently waiting for November 4th! Lol I'm just interested in the Guardians of the Galaxy playset. & that should be $27.99 with GCU

I've seen the Disney Infinity 1.0 playsets drop down to $25 ($20 GCU)...is there any other type of deals you guys have seen for the playsets ? Thanks in advance

bread's done
Back