Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
On the 10/26-11/1 weekly ad that HTZ posted, you get $5 off when you buy 2 Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel figures

If you have GCU, this is way better than Target/TRU's Buy 2 Get 1 free sales that they have had in the past

On the 10/26-11/1 weekly ad that HTZ posted, you get $5 off when you buy 2 Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel figures

If you have GCU, this is way better than Target/TRU's Buy 2 Get 1 free sales that they have had in the past
I would have loved this if they had waited until the following week to do the deal when the Originals 2.0 characters are released.

How did you come to this conclusion? A Buy 2, Get 1 free sale is $8.66 per figure when a GCU figure with $2.50 off comes to $8.69.

How do you figure? A Buy 2, Get 1 free sale is $8.66 per figure when a GCU figure with $2.50 off comes to $8.69.
Buy 2, Get 1 free at Best Buy would be cheaper, but there hasn't been one.

At Target B2G1:
$13.99+$13.99 / 3 = $9.33 - 5% Red card = $8.86

At Toys R Us B2G1:

$14.99+$14.99 / 3 = $9.99

Best Buy With GCU - $5:

($11.19+$11.19 - $5) / 2 = $8.69

Buy 2, Get 1 free at Best Buy would be cheaper, but there hasn't been one.

At Target B2G1:
$13.99+$13.99 / 3 = $9.33 - 5% Red card = $8.86

At Toys R Us B2G1:
$14.99+$14.99 / 3 = $9.99

Best Buy With GCU - $5:
($11.19+$11.19 - $5) / 2 = $8.69
Oh jeez, Toys R Us charges an extra dollar for the figures? That throws off my numbers a bit. But still, you've backed up my point; I'm not entirely sure how this is "way better than Target/TRU's Buy 2 Get 1 free sales that they have had in the past".

Oh jeez, Toys R Us charges an extra dollar for the figures? That throws off my numbers a bit. But still, you've backed up my point; I'm not entirely sure how this is "way better than Target/TRU's Buy 2 Get 1 free sales that they have had in the past".
Well, it's certainly better than TRU. And is also better if you only need 2 figures. I'm planning on picking up Iron Fist and Hulk with this deal to finish off the released Marvel figures, so it works out perfectly for me.

How did you come to this conclusion? A Buy 2, Get 1 free sale is $8.66 per figure when a GCU figure with $2.50 off comes to $8.69.
I guess it's better from the standpoint that you don't have to get three figures to benefit if you only want two. I like GCU in particular for that reason, TRU is always having Buy 1 Get 1 40% off but I always end up having to buy in pairs at higher prices. Even if their base price were the same, I wouldn't have to "round off" my purchases as I always have to do at TRU.

I guess it's better from the standpoint that you don't have to get three figures to benefit if you only want two. I like GCU in particular for that reason, TRU is always having Buy 1 Get 1 40% off but I always end up having to buy in pairs at higher prices. Even if their base price were the same, I wouldn't have to "round off" my purchases as I always have to do at TRU.
Well, to be fair, technically the B2G1 free sale (at Target, anyway) is even a better deal if you only want two figures, as you could sell off the third figure and more or less have yourself a "Buy 1, Get 1 Free" sale.

Well, to be fair, technically the B2G1 free sale (at Target, anyway) is even a better deal if you only want two figures, as you could sell off the third figure and more or less have yourself a "Buy 1, Get 1 Free" sale.
That's the typical folly though, you have to assume you can sell it, and sell it for close to retail value. That's why I laugh at all these flip deals that involve intricate price match stacking and trips to different stores for trade in deals. At some point you have to realize your time is worth something.

That's the typical folly though, you have to assume you can sell it, and sell it for close to retail value. That's why I laugh at all these flip deals that involve intricate price match stacking and trips to different stores for trade in deals. At some point you have to realize your time is worth something.
I completely agree with this. It's not worth it for me to go to several different stores in order to save a few dollars. If it was more significant, maybe. I got GCU for free when I bought my boyfriend an xbox one so I don't have to use it, but it makes it so I don't have to wait for a sale if I don't want to.

I wasn't aware that "List figure on eBay" was intricate. *shrug*

I completely agree with this. It's not worth it for me to go to several different stores in order to save a few dollars. If it was more significant, maybe. I got GCU for free when I bought my boyfriend an xbox one so I don't have to use it, but it makes it so I don't have to wait for a sale if I don't want to.
I agree with this. If I'm motivated I just ask Bestbuy to pricematch. On BOGX free deals gamersclub still stacks so it works great. I have been able to get them to match deals Toys R Us and Target whenever they come up. But end of the day it still takes time and sometimes its just not worth it even to save $20-$30 for an hour on Saturday.

I agree with this. If I'm motivated I just ask Bestbuy to pricematch. On BOGX free deals gamersclub still stacks so it works great. I have been able to get them to match deals Toys R Us and Target whenever they come up. But end of the day it still takes time and sometimes its just not worth it even to save $20-$30 for an hour on Saturday.
This is extremely YMMV, consider yourself lucky. Price matching is supposed to cancel out any GCU discount and it always has for me.

When I went to TRU during their buy 2 get 1 free sale...i did the math: 3 figures would of cost me $30 plus tax ($10plus tax each)

& Target would be about $1 cheaper each

I think what you didn't grasp is that if you purchase 2 sets of two figures @ Best buy, you will get 4 figures for around $8.69 or $9.20 each (the POS will most likely subtract the $2.50 first and then 20% off w/ GCU...even better if I'm wrong lol)

But yeah, either way Best Buy's upcoming $5 off 2 figures is cheaper than purchasing @ Target or TRU...numbers don't lie, people do.

Even better if you have gift cards, reward certificate or just trying to accumulate points to hit Elite Plus again...Best Buy never fails...Enuf of this...I'm out lol

I was just at Once Upon a Toy this past weekend in Orlando for the RunDisney race. I know they had 1.0 figures, but I honestly didn't check since I already have all of the 1.0 figures.

I will be near the DisneyLand area in a month so I will check then too.
I will be at Once Upon a Toy today. I'll check for Randy, Syndrome, Violet - anyone else anybody would like me to check for?

Has anybody had any luck looking for the "harder to find" figures at Gamestop since they started trade-ins? Anybody have any idea what they charge for the pre-owned figures? I am usually repulsed by Gamestop and try to avoid it if I can, but I may swallow my pride this one time if I can find a Syndrome for a reasonable price.

Has anybody had any luck looking for the "harder to find" figures at Gamestop since they started trade-ins? Anybody have any idea what they charge for the pre-owned figures? I am usually repulsed by Gamestop and try to avoid it if I can, but I may swallow my pride this one time if I can find a Syndrome for a reasonable price.
When I went in and traded a few doubles I had when they first started the mgr told me they were not selling them used in store. They were sending them back to the warehouse. Maybe they are clearing them and will send out preowned when they get sufficient stock? Not sure, seemed strange but who knows. Maybe sell them online only? They use to do the same thing with PS3's. Had to send them to the warehouse to get formatted.

When I went in and traded a few doubles I had when they first started the mgr told me they were not selling them used in store. They were sending them back to the warehouse. Maybe they are clearing them and will send out preowned when they get sufficient stock? Not sure, seemed strange but who knows. Maybe sell them online only? They use to do the same thing with PS3's. Had to send them to the warehouse to get formatted.
Thanks for the info. At least I won't have to waste my time searching Gamestops for something they aren't even selling in store yet.

Just saw this deal, nice, will have to get hulk and thor, maybe Cap and BH

Is a Buy 2 Get 1 Free expected when the Disney Originals arrive (along the Toy Box) the week of Nov. 4?

This is extremely YMMV, consider yourself lucky. Price matching is supposed to cancel out any GCU discount and it always has for me.
Pricematching does cancel Gamersclub on the item matched but not other items. In a buy X get Y deal only the Y is pricematched, so X gets the discount automatically unless they manually go in and override which they rarely do since the pricematch usually comes before you put in your reward zone card.

Pricematching does cancel Gamersclub on the item matched but not other items. In a buy X get Y deal only the Y is pricematched, so X gets the discount automatically unless they manually go in and override which they rarely do since the pricematch usually comes before you put in your reward zone card.
Excellent point! Gotta keep this in mind.

The my best buy app, under the weekly deals video game section, says that you can join the gamers club unlocked for 2 years for only $30. Looks like it's a sign up in store thing.

I already own the Marvel Starter Pack for PS4 but I am contemplating picking up the Toy Box Starter Pack for XBone with a free pre-order Figure since it will only be $47.99 with GCU.  It will ultimately be cheaper than buying 3 Figures and Toy Box Games Individually, and it will give me another copy of the game and portal for another system 

Disney Original Figures x3 ($11.19) = 33.57

Toy Box Game Disc x2 = $19.99

Total Individually = $53.56

Toy Box Cost = $47.99

Savings = $5.57

Anyone else thinking of doing the same?

I already own the Marvel Starter Pack for PS4 but I am contemplating picking up the Toy Box Starter Pack for XBone with a free pre-order Figure since it will only be $47.99 with GCU. It will ultimately be cheaper than buying 3 Figures and Toy Box Games Individually, and it will give me another copy of the game and portal for another system

Disney Original Figures x3 ($11.19) = 33.57
Toy Box Game Disc x2 = $19.99

Total Individually = $53.56
Toy Box Cost = $47.99
Savings = $5.57

Anyone else thinking of doing the same?
I was trying to sell my game and portal from the starter set with no luck for this very reason. Luckily I found someone on Craigslist with some figures and traded my game and portal for the spiderman playset and captain america figure. I didn't want two copies of the game so this worked for me. Even if I hadn't found a trade partner, I wouldve done what you're planning.

So am I correct that you don't get the GCU and $5 off at BB? not working for me.

Edit- figured it out had thor in my cart, grabbed Cap and Hulk

bread's done
Back