Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
There needs to be a website with all the movies currently in theaters that lets people know if there's anything stroyline related once the credits start to roll (alongside, during, after). It's a huge bummer waiting through them to find nothing at the end.
I remember sitting through the Godzilla credits on opening night due to the "Mothra" rumor, only to find nothing at the end. Practically the entire population of the theater was still on hand, and let out a collective sigh. Bummer indeed.

Scored some advanced screening passes last night after missing out a few times and went with my wife. I was excited but my wife has been dying to see it. My wife cried multiple times, and she's usually not one to get emotional for movies. It was an amazing movie and I think will find a different audience than Frozen, obviously not as big though. I'm debating on picking up Baymax and Hiro tonight, my wife completely forgot they came out and I think they may be hard to find after a week or two.

FYI if anyone goes this weekend, there is a post credits scene, and not a lame one either.
Thanks, I will be seeing this tomorrow night. :)

Not a fan of the clips, though I could see how some people are.
I also scored advanced tickets weeks ago. And I can say the ending clip for Big Hero 6 is actually one of the few that is worth waiting past the credits for.

I personally think the toys will fly off the shelves after seeing it, but that's just me.
I really want to pick up some figures before it comes out.

Question for the Infinity 2.0 Wii U owners out there: is the 2.0 base backwards compatible? For example, if I picked up the 2.0 starter kit, would I be able to download the first game and just need to buy the original figures/ playsets?

Question for the Infinity 2.0 Wii U owners out there: is the 2.0 base backwards compatible? For example, if I picked up the 2.0 starter kit, would I be able to download the first game and just need to buy the original figures/ playsets?
That is correct. They didn't change the base hardware between 1.0 and 2.0. Just avoid the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases, as they only work with the respective systems. PS3, PS4, Wii, & Wii U are all compatible.

Since Google is telling me several different things, I figure I'll ask here. Is the Disney Infinity 2.0 digital version JUST the Toybox, or if I were to buy the playsets would I have access to the levels and stuff?

Definitely buying the Tron pack, been wanting Tron stuff in this since the first one :D
Yeah, but not from the so-so sequel. We needed Kevin Flynn and Tron, or maybe Sark. I would have even settled for old Kevin Flynn or Clu if they insisted on the using the new movie.

But at least one of the discs is a Light Cycle.

Right.. just what we need.. more toybox figs... (facepalm) what a bunch of idiots these devs are.  They're making me seriously consider going back to Skylanders.

Right.. just what we need.. more toybox figs... (facepalm) what a bunch of idiots these devs are. They're making me seriously consider going back to Skylanders.
The damn thing sells so well that they have almost no incentive to make it any better. It's ironic they decided to call the second game 2.0 because it's really just a half step up from the original. I can't believe it has so few playable levels this time around, and I can't believe it runs as horribly as it does on current hardware. I ran into a guy at Best Buy the other day who was contemplating buying this for his kids, and I told him they might enjoy it for the licensing, but as a game it's mediocre at best.

Right.. just what we need.. more toybox figs... (facepalm) what a bunch of idiots these devs are. They're making me seriously consider going back to Skylanders.
I converted from DI to Skylanders and will never look back. I'll buy some DI figures when they are very cheap, but I'm not collecting them anymore.

Skylanders is a series of good/great games with cool toys. Original toys.

DI is two terrible games with awesome characters. Unfortunately I think the designs of many of the characters is a bit suspect but that's a style based opinion.

I still enjoy playing Disney Infinity more then Skylanders, the creative stuff that people make is what gets me. Plus being able to play as characters I like helps a lot as well.

I didn't realize that the Merida and Stitch toy box game discs were just re-skins of the 2 that came with the Marvel stuff. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it's still disappointing. Oh well, I'll just grab the Disney based figs on a B2/G1 sale.

I converted from DI to Skylanders and will never look back. I'll buy some DI figures when they are very cheap, but I'm not collecting them anymore.

Skylanders is a series of good/great games with cool toys. Original toys.

DI is two terrible games with awesome characters. Unfortunately I think the designs of many of the characters is a bit suspect but that's a style based opinion.
I watched as my kids played a few times and never really seemed to enjoy it, I have a full collection for 1.0 that just sits and collects dust most of the time. My daughter will incorporate the characters she likes into play time, however its not using the game, just the figures. The missions are not engaging to a 8 year old boy with the exception of the lone ranger. I'm not sure how they missed so badly on these games.

I'm holding out on 2.0, I would love to play it myself because I'm a huge marvel fan. I'll wait for the price to come way down and pickup a full set for somewhere around $100.

I'm holding out on 2.0, I would love to play it myself because I'm a huge marvel fan. I'll wait for the price to come way down and pickup a full set for somewhere around $100.
2.0 scored with my kid about the same as 1.0. She occasionally plays a toybox mode but the Marvel cities are pretty uncompelling to play. Hell I bought her the Hulk (the one character that was on her MUST have list)... it's been sitting unopened on the TV. I refused to buy the classics because she isn't even interested. She walks right by them at Target/TRU.. and that's all I need to know. Shame as I feel like I spent a fortune on this. I thought they'd have added more playsets.. instead it's all figures. And people just lap that crap up. $15 costume DLC is all it is.

Supply and demand
We are the idiots since we keep on buying them lol
When you think about it seriously, the Toy Box figures are simply skins (sometimes with their own abilities) vs. Playset figures that require the development of new levels.

At least, they allowed some figures to play in different playsets

I think part of the problem for me with the Toy Box is that my time to play video games is pretty almost nonexistent already and what limited time I have to play DI with my son, I don't want to spend all of it building a Toy Box. I just want to play. That's where Skylanders excels at that aspect. My son and I have both of them (not Trap Team yet) but I still like DI.

My kids enjoy the game, but we don't have much on our list to pick up.  The youngest wants the Spider-man pack and Donald Duck, I also have the Hulk put up for Christmas.  Might get Bay Max if they enjoy the movie.  I learned my lesson last year when we bought too many and he really only plays about 2 or 3 of them, and girl characters are absolutely, positively not to be used ever as far as he is concerned.  The Frozen figures are the only ones he doesn't have for 1.0, and that's because he said he doesn't like using the girl characters.  He is VERY insistent.

The Disney Infinity Marvel Superheroes Starter Pack/Disney Infinity Toy Box Starter pack are going to be $37.88 during Sams Club Black Friday event.

The Disney Infinity Marvel Superheroes Starter Pack/Disney Infinity Toy Box Starter pack are going to be $37.88 during Sams Club Black Friday event.
Marked "2-10 per club" i.e. these will sell out instantly. Even worse, that's probably split between console platforms. I also like how they have "Disney Infinity 2.1". :)

Marked "2-10 per club" i.e. these will sell out instantly. Even worse, that's probably split between console platforms. I also like how they have "Disney Infinity 2.1". :)
True but hopefully this opens the door for other retailers to have sales for people who are still looking to get into 2.0.

True but hopefully this opens the door for other retailers to have sales for people who are still looking to get into 2.0.
Oh and I should clarify, I don't mean to crap on your post, in fact I appreciate the heads-up. I just wanted to set a realistic expectation of how difficult it will be to get.

Target's website has all current DI 2.0 figures for B2G1 free including a couple of pre-orders of next year releases.  Not all characters have the designation but most do.  

They are having a B2G1 free sale on video games so assuming these get wrapped into that promotion.  Not sure if this works in store but free shipping online.   

Currently the DI 2.0 Super Heros set is B2G1 but the Toy Box set is not.

Pre-orders Available

Falcon

Loki

Has anyone been able to get the 1.0 (or even the 2.0 Disney Originals) to work with the Escape from the Kyln or Asgard tower defense game discs? I thought I read something at one point that said you had to finish the game once before you could use the 1.0 figures...but I just finished the Kyln game and couldn't use Merida or Mr. Incredible on it. Am I missing something?

Picked up a large amount of disney infinity stuff at target today. Is the game any fun? Might keep it but might bundle together for a sale. Worth it or not?

Disney Infinity 2.0 starter packs (both Marvel and Toy Box) will be $40 at Target on Black Friday.  I don't know how long they will last.  Also, single characters are $10.

[quote name="Pheran" post="12226801" timestamp="1415640016"]Disney Infinity 2.0 starter packs (both Marvel and Toy Box) will be $40 at Target on Black Friday. I don't know how long they will last. Also, single characters are $10.[/quote]

Will be buying the superheroes bundle at that price! Hopefully bestbuy has the same deal. Rather buy my videogames there with GCU!

Shit. Thank you for pointing this out. I was about to go out and do that very thing. Will wait to know about the permabanning before I attempt.

Anyone know who we can ask to be sure?
This had been discussed somewhere in the GCU thread. I believe you are OK to buy more than 3 packs of power discs. Can't find that reference in the thread though.

Disney Infinity 2.0 starter packs (both Marvel and Toy Box) will be $40 at Target on Black Friday. I don't know how long they will last. Also, single characters are $10.
Anyone remember what GameStop had the single figures for last year? I thought it was B1G1 free but now I'm wondering if it was 2 for $20.

Either way $10 still seems steep. I'm not giving any credence to the fact that MSRP got jacked up a dollar since last year's game. They're still horribly overpriced.

[quote name="AlanSaysYo" post="12226869" timestamp="1415640739"]Anyone remember what GameStop had the single figures for last year? I thought it was B1G1 free but now I'm wondering if it was 2 for $20.

Either way $10 still seems steep. I'm not giving any credence to the fact that MSRP got jacked up a dollar since last year's game. They're still horribly overpriced.[/quote]

I beleive it was 2 for 20 or 9.99 each. I think the b2g1 were for DI accesories.

Picked up a large amount of disney infinity stuff at target today. Is the game any fun? Might keep it but might bundle together for a sale. Worth it or not?
It doesnt hold its value very well. I've seen complete sets of 1.0 sell for 175 to 250 on ebay. Same goes for 2.0 stuff, you can pick up 2.0 characters for much less than retail on ebay(but shipping does eat some of your savings).

The game is mediocre at its best points(lone ranger) and just terrible at its worst points(monsters U).

Last year GameStop's sale was buy 1 get 1 free and they were $13.99 for two - or $6.99 each plus tax.

I'm definitely hoping they do this again. $10 is too expensive. 

This had been discussed somewhere in the GCU thread. I believe you are OK to buy more than 3 packs of power discs. Can't find that reference in the thread though.
I think I found the post you're referencing:
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/321910-best-buy-gamers-club-unlocked-120-for-2-years-30-for-currentrecent-members-20-off-new-games-extends-to-current-members/?p=11431898

"I have reviewed the Disney Infinity Power Disc packs with the My Best Buy team to gain clarification on those items, as they are one SKU for packs with randomized discs inside. I have learned that while the 20% discount and limitation rules are specifically referring to new game titles (i.e. Battlefield 4, Ryse) it may be made available to physical game add-ons such as the Power Discs. While this is not a guarantee that all add-ons are eligible for the discount, those to which it is provided will not be looked at for the purpose of the 3 title limit. Go Power Disc crazy!"

This was from back in January, so I'm waiting on confirmation on the Best Buy forums before I go nuts, but this is promising news.

I already bought something like 20 packs of the Marvel discs, and no bannination here to my knowledge.
Thanks maximumzero. Anyone else have experience buying a ton of these things? I'm planning on hitting them up tonight and snagging a bunch and then returning the unopened packs I don't need after I scan them.

I bought the Disney Infinity 2.0 Disney Original Toy Box edition for the savings on the figures and discs but I already own the PS4 game & base from the Marvel Starter Pack.  Anyone here have any luck trading the PS4 game with or without the base for credit at Best Buy or Gamestop?  If the price is decent, I'd rather go that route then go through the hassle of eBay-ing them but couldn't find any trade-in pricing info for them online.

bread's done
Back