Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Disney Infinity 2.0 starter packs (both Marvel and Toy Box) will be $40 at Target on Black Friday. I don't know how long they will last. Also, single characters are $10.
Best Buy also has the $40 starter pack deal on Black Friday, but their characters will be 3 for $33 which is crap (maybe OK if GCU can also be used?).

Ugh. All the awesome Aladdin items in Toy Box make me want a full playset, but of course, I'll have to slave over my PS3 for weeks to make a proper free roam Aladdin game in the vein of Assassin's Creed. 

Which seems painfully obvious as something that should have been made by the devs.

Hope rhey clearance out 1.0 figures soon. Im still missinf wreckitralph and frozen playsets. Sont think ill ever buy them at retail price at this point

[quote name="guessed" post="12234522" timestamp="1415824115"]Try shifting your finger position slightly to the right.[/quote]

Nah. You still got what i meant right? Hehe! Never bothered double checking my spelling when i post.

Hope rhey clearance out 1.0 figures soon. Im still missinf wreckitralph and frozen playsets. Sont think ill ever buy them at retail price at this point
At the Best Buy & Target stores around me, the 1.0 stuff has just been selling out and being restocked with 2.0 stuff. I never saw that it went go on clearance. I did buy the Toy Story playset for $20 (it was on sale for $25, $20 with GCU) but yeah nothing impressive

[quote name="Bobby's Universe" post="12234633" timestamp="1415826410"]At the Best Buy & Target stores around me, the 1.0 stuff has just been selling out and being restocked with 2.0 stuff. I never saw that it went go on clearance. I did buy the Toy Story playset for $20 (it was on sale for $25, $20 with GCU) but yeah nothing impressive[/quote]

My store still has tons of 1.0 playsets. Some playsets are on sale right now on amazon $24. But being a CAG, i think the prices for these old playsets should already be at the $15 range so im still gona wait

My store still has tons of 1.0 playsets. Some playsets are on sale right now on amazon $24. But being a CAG, i think the prices for these old playsets should already be at the $15 range so im still gona wait
walmart and kmart have had pretty much everything they have in store on clearance in the past month or so. I think the best one I saw was the lone ranger set for $18. I assume walmart was doing it to clear space for the 2.0 stuff. Kmart is doing it because they are going out of business....

Bah. TRU's BF ad is out and it's: All Disney Infinity 2.0 figures B1G1 70% off. Pretty weak. An over priced figure is $14.99 so it's basically $10 each plus tax. Not impressed at all. 

Bah. TRU's BF ad is out and it's: All Disney Infinity 2.0 figures B1G1 70% off. Pretty weak. An over priced figure is $14.99 so it's basically $10 each plus tax. Not impressed at all.
Plus most of their decent deals start on Thursday. Screw you Toys R Us, I'm not shopping on Thanksgiving.

I'm going to wait and see what Amazon's Lightning Deals show up. They had alot of the figures and playsets last year very reasonable.

Target Ad 11/23-11/26

$24.99 - 2.0 Power Disc Album w/5 bonus discs (Holds 40)

It's a Target exclusive, but I don't know what the exclusive part is.  The album itself?  The album combined with the five discs?

credit: Bainbridge's Stache at blu-ray.com

Has anyone noticed a current deal on the original starter for Wii? Apparently my nephew played it at a friend's house and is super excited about wanting it, and that's the only console they have.

I poked around the usual suspects, seems like best I can do is $55ish at Best Buy with GCU.

For anybody in the Texas area that is still looking for 1.0 stuff check out H-E-B Plus. I was there this afternoon and they had a dump bin of all their 1.0 stuff(tons of it). I still needed the Toy Story playset and the Wreck-It-Ralph 2 pack and both were marked at $14.99. I couldn't resist that price and grabbed them both, but they rang up as $9.99 each.  

There were tons of single figures as well, but they didn't appear to have a lower price, but my two were lower when scanned than they were marked so I have no idea if the singles are on sale as well.

Ugh, I wanted to stock up on the new Disney Originals Power Discs since Best Buy had them on sale this week, but Perk is being a jerk about their rewards. Hopefully they go on sale again soon.

I wanna start this but I have a quick question:

Besides the different figures, is the "TOY BOX" starter pack actually contain a different game than the "MARVEL" starter pack?

Meaning do these packs contain entirely different games/software?

I wanna start this but I have a quick question:

Besides the different figures, is the "TOY BOX" starter pack actually contain a different game than the "MARVEL" starter pack?

Meaning do these packs contain entirely different games/software?
They have the same game disc. The difference besides what figures are included is this.

http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/11/04/toy-box-game-discs-packs-releasing-january-13th/

Two come in Marvel, the other two are available in the Toy Box pack. You can always pick up the other 2 when they are released in January.

I decided to take advantage of the Target B2G1 and some coupons they sent me in the mail, so I picked up six figures, some groceries, and ended up being able to use a $10 off $100 total purchase coupon, a free roll of wrapping paper with $25 toy department purchase (the cashier honored the infinity figures as toys in this case) plus the 5% off for the red card. Haven't done the math to see exactly how the cost of each figure breaks down but it seemed like a decent deal.

Who had the best black friday deals last year on Infinity? I just made my first ever Infinity purchase yesterday, a complete used long ranger playset for $10. Love the little figures, I can see collecting those becoming addictive. 

Well, last week ended up being a great week of Infinity for me at least.  That Fry's sale I posted got me the Lone Ranger pack for 16 after shipping costs, the Cars Playset for 10 and the sidekicks set for 5. Went by Kmart which was closing and got 25% off the Toy Story pack, plus I had 20 in surprise rewards points so it was about 6. Just need Syndrome, Randall and Francesco. Is Francesco getting hard to find? I haven't seen him much.  Guess I will trade my extra Mike and Mrs Incredible or trade them in.

I hesitate to post this, but we kept the best buy price error under good wraps so...

Gamestop has started to list used figures online.  Prices start at about 4 for really common figures.  Syndrome is in stock at 18. No Randall listing. They also have bundles of used figures.  The whole Incredible is 40 and is in stock. They also have a "Toy box bundle" at 75 which includes 8 figures that don't have playsets plus Dash. There is also a "comprehensive bundle" which seems to include every figure except the crystal versions listed at 250. Not currently in stock. The rewards discounts for used items also applies. I may do the the bf b2g1 used on syndrome and two games...

Where are you guys seeing the disc deal?  Did I miss it?

edit 1:  I see it now.  Scroll down to Special Offers and Product Promotions.

edit 2:  And it seems as though you can only order three packs of each different series.

edit 3: Thanks, Pheran!

Man, I bought a bunch of power disc packs last week with the Best Buy sale + GCU, but they're all sealed up for Christmas presents, so I don't know how many I have / how many I need.  Went ahead and bought 3 of each.  

This game really intrigues me but I'm not sure I really understand it. So I get that there's two modes (the story modes and the toy box) and I'm only really interested in the toy box. I plan on buying the marvel super heroes starter pack with iron man Thor and black widow. If I want to use spider man and his assets in the toy box, do I only have to buy his figure? Or do I have to buy his playset thing too? The way I understand it is that I only need to purchase the figure to use each characters powers and toys in the toy box, but I'm not sure. Also, are the power discs basically extra forms of DLC?

I'm sorry if it's slightly off topic but I haven't found much clarification and I figured this was the place to ask because if it works the way that I think it does and it's really fun then I'd love to bite on the Black Friday starter pack @ BB for me and my girlfriend to use the toy box

This game really intrigues me but I'm not sure I really understand it. So I get that there's two modes (the story modes and the toy box) and I'm only really interested in the toy box. I plan on buying the marvel super heroes starter pack with iron man Thor and black widow. If I want to use spider man and his assets in the toy box, do I only have to buy his figure? Or do I have to buy his playset thing too? The way I understand it is that I only need to purchase the figure to use each characters powers and toys in the toy box, but I'm not sure. Also, are the power discs basically extra forms of DLC?
You can't get Spider-Man outside of the playset pack unless you buy him used. And even then I don't think you'd get all the unlocks for the toy box - I think the playset piece unlocks some stuff.

And yes the the power discs are DLC that must be present to work in the game.

Placed two orders for discs at Amazon.  One set of three Series 1 and one set of three Series 2.  Have seen on slickdeals that abusers (multiple orders under different accounts with same name) are getting orders cancelled.  Placed mine seperately with slow shipping to get two $1 credits for digital purchases.

While ordering I saw the villains 3 pack for sale at $31.28 with free shipping (not Prime) from a company with 4.7 rating called GameSeek.  Despite the MSRP and 18 to 26 day delivery time, I ordered one since I need Randall and Syndrome and they go for more than that combined.  Anyone deal with Gameseek before?  A few other stores have similar pricing on that pack and I saw the Girls pack with Violet listed for $30ish in the related items box.

You can't get Spider-Man outside of the playset pack unless you buy him used. And even then I don't think you'd get all the unlocks for the toy box - I think the playset piece unlocks some stuff.
And yes the the power discs are DLC that must be present to work in the game.
Spider man was just an example, if I buy an individual new figure then do I get their toy box stuff or do
I have to buy their corresponding theme's playset as well? Like, if I buy the starter pack then can I buy venom and use his toy box items? And is it possible to use regular disney infinity figures with the marvel started pack and vice versa? Thanks a lot for anybody that fills me in on this

Placed two orders for discs at Amazon. One set of three Series 1 and one set of three Series 2. Have seen on slickdeals that abusers (multiple orders under different accounts with same name) are getting orders cancelled. Placed mine seperately with slow shipping to get two $1 credits for digital purchases.

While ordering I saw the villains 3 pack for sale at $31.28 with free shipping (not Prime) from a company with 4.7 rating called GameSeek. Despite the MSRP and 18 to 26 day delivery time, I ordered one since I need Randall and Syndrome and they go for more than that combined. Anyone deal with Gameseek before? A few other stores have similar pricing on that pack and I saw the Girls pack with Violet listed for $30ish in the related items box.
Gameseek is legit, but those are European versions of the figures with slightly different packaging. They still work on the US version of the game though.

Yeah, if those are coming out of their boxes the figures are identical, for all intents and purposes.

If you're the collector type, do know that the packaging is a bit different than the US equivalent.

Spider man was just an example, if I buy an individual new figure then do I get their toy box stuff or do
I have to buy their corresponding theme's playset as well? Like, if I buy the starter pack then can I buy venom and use his toy box items? And is it possible to use regular disney infinity figures with the marvel started pack and vice versa? Thanks a lot for anybody that fills me in on this
I have not got into 2.0 yet but I would assume its similar to 1.0. In 1.0 you were forced to do the story mode if you wanted to be able to use all the building pieces you can possibly use.

I for one was really really disappointed with 1.0 toy box. To build anything of use it took way longer than I expected. For example a simple race track in the sky with a bunch of turns and jumps took a few hours to get right.

edit - Looks like its a little different in 2.0, read here

Thanks for posting that deal. I ordered 3 of each DI 2.0 disc set. 

Btw, I saw a lot of DI at Disneyland this weekend. Mostly at Star Traders by Star Tours/Space Mountain. And yes I got my pictures with Hiro and Baymax. ;-) 

Gameseek is legit, but those are European versions of the figures with slightly different packaging. They still work on the US version of the game though.

Yeah, if those are coming out of their boxes the figures are identical, for all intents and purposes.

If you're the collector type, do know that the packaging is a bit different than the US equivalent.
Thanks fellas. They are for my kids to use with infinity, not collecting so it's all good. I should have realized they were coming from Europe with shipping taking that long. The free shipping must have thrown me off.

bread's done
Back