Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
And is it possible to use regular disney infinity figures with the marvel started pack and vice versa? Thanks a lot for anybody that fills me in on this
Disney 1.0 figures work with 2.0 in toybox mode only, their playsets are not compatible. For example, you can use Jack Sparrow in 2.0 toybox but you can't use the Pirates playset, same with Lone Ranger, Cars, Toy Story sets.

And no, you cannot use 2.0 figures with the 1.0 software in any capacity.

Here's a question, will I be able to use my ps3 portal (from the original Disney infinity) on the xbox 360 (for the original Disney Infinity)? I have the ps3 starter pack for the original disney infinity, but I want to play it on the xbox 360 for achievements.

I was hoping I could check ebay and just buy the 360 disc (assuming the portal from my ps3 starter pack would work). Or should I buy a 360 game disc and 360 portal? Or will there be a good deal again this black friday on the original Disney Infinity Starter pack for the xbox 360?

Decided to get 6 packs (3 Disney/3 Marvel). Free no rush shipping with $1 ebook credit made it even better. :)
Same here. This is my first power disc purchase. I haven't even bought 2.0 yet, but I guess I definitely have to on black friday. I'm a disney fanatic and I'm obsessed with the marvel films, but I still haven't played any Disney Infinity games yet. I have a feeling I'll be addicted.

Picked up 6 packs with free Amazon Prime.  Picked up 2nd 6 packs with Dragon Dogma's dark Arisen $15 to get free shipping without Prime account ;)

Here's a question, will I be able to use my ps3 portal (from the original Disney infinity) on the xbox 360 (for the original Disney Infinity)? I have the ps3 starter pack for the original disney infinity, but I want to play it on the xbox 360 for achievements.

I was hoping I could check ebay and just buy the 360 disc (assuming the portal from my ps3 starter pack would work). Or should I buy a 360 game disc and 360 portal? Or will there be a good deal again this black friday on the original Disney Infinity Starter pack for the xbox 360?

Same here. This is my first power disc purchase. I haven't even bought 2.0 yet, but I guess I definitely have to on black friday. I'm a disney fanatic and I'm obsessed with the marvel films, but I still haven't played any Disney Infinity games yet. I have a feeling I'll be addicted.
No the 360 is not cross compatible with anything. Your ps3 portal will work on ps4 and wii-U though as far I've been told.

Agree with Spicollidriver. From what I've read wii, wiiu, ps3, and ps4 use all the same portal. Xbone uses its own portal and same with 360. Neither is compatible with any other console.

No the 360 is not cross compatible with anything. Your ps3 portal will work on ps4 and wii-U though as far I've been told.
Agree with Spicollidriver. From what I've read wii, wiiu, ps3, and ps4 use all the same portal. Xbone uses its own portal and same with 360. Neither is compatible with any other console.
Thank you. I'm disappointed, but I'm very glad I know I need to buy a 360 game and 360 portal if I want to play on the 360. I really appreciate the help.

How does this sound for a plan? I want to play 2.0 on the Xbox One and the original Disney Infinity on the 360. What if on black friday I buy the Marvel Starter Pack for the Xbox One and the Toybox starter pack for the 360? Then I can sell the 360 2.0 disc (if I want to) and buy a original 1.0 disc on eBay. This way I'll get a 360 portal and a couple extra figures for $32 with GCU (maybe less if I sell the 2.0 game disc). Is this plan missing anything? Anyone have any better ideas?

I've been fighting baby to sleep for 3 hours now so my judgement is not the best but if you want to play both that should work. Also GameStop has started selling used figures some in the $5 area for 1.0 if there's one's you want.

Target Ad 11/23-11/26
$24.99 - 2.0 Power Disc Album w/5 bonus discs (Holds 40)

It's a Target exclusive, but I don't know what the exclusive part is. The album itself? The album combined with the five discs?

credit: Bainbridge's Stache at blu-ray.com
My Target had it. From what I could tell it was for the Originals, there was nothing Marvel on it. The 5 discs were from the Originals as well. Off the top of my head there were 2 Lion King backgrounds and an Aladdin something or other.

Thanks, Lenny.

I guess it's the album itself that's exclusive and the discs are a bonus.  Kind of pricey though...$10 album + 5 disc at $3 each?

Although, now that I look at the picture again, it says it holds all 42 discs.

This also reminds me, I saw the Marvel Disc Album (not the binder) at TRU this past weekend as a $10 TRU exclusive.

Also, in their Black Friday ad, Gamestop will have a Marvel album similar to the Target exclusive with 5 discs and a Guardians of the Galaxy cover for $24.99.

Probably not the appropriate thread, but I have two "brand new in bag" Disney Infinity Bases for sale if anybody needs one to couple with the digital version of the software.

They're compatible with the Wii, Wii U, PS3, and PS4. I figure $10 plus shipping to your location is fair, though I'm also open to trades and whatnot. Shoot me a message.

SvxPK10l.jpg

There is no Walmart clearance thread that I know of so this probably the best place to post this. I saw a ton of Jack Skellington figures on clearance for $3 at one of my local Walmart's. It also shows that price for that specific store on the site

[attachment=10142:Screenshot 2014-11-20 at 5.14.49 PM.png]

Saw pre owned infinity figures in GameStop tonight. Not a lot but the most noticeable one was syndrone for $18
Also a ton of Pre owned skylanders, all games, figures

I'm still hoping for a good online deal.
Ask and ye shall receive! Amazon has matched Gamestop's $55 price on the Marvel set, plus if you have an Amazon Chase Visa card, you can get an additional 25% off with code TYS25ARC. That brings the Marvel starter set to $41.24. The GotG and Spiderman playsets are also $25 so you can get them for $20 with this code. Ordered!

Ask and ye shall receive! Amazon has matched Gamestop's $55 price on the Marvel set, plus if you have an Amazon Chase Visa card, you can get an additional 25% off with code TYS25ARC. That brings the Marvel starter set to $41.24. The GotG and Spiderman playsets are also $25 so you can get them for $20 with this code. Ordered!
Was hopping in here to post about the playsets dropping to $25.

Dang, didnt watch the thread and missed the powerdisc sale.  picked up 3 of the series 1 1.0 but the rest seem to be sold out.

My local Target had two Crystal Sorcerer Mickeys out on the pegs. Unfortunately, it had a street date of 12/5 and had no luck trying to buy one (even grabbed a different character as a 'maybe ring this one twice' strategy).

I was all ready to spend the extra $8-9 over best buy's price on Black Friday with GCU to avoid the crowds and everything but then I saw more closely that you have to have to the amazon visa chase card to use that coupon. Ah well, hopefully I'll be able to order online.

Well I officially entered the world of Disney Infinity today! I'm on vacation in Toronto(live outside North America) and through some BOGO 1/2 and price matching of a Toys r US promotion managed to score via Best buy and Futureshop:

DI 2.0 starter set Wii U( $36.47 with price-match )

Figures($41.98 using BOGO 1/2 off)

Captain America

Hulk

Rocket Raccon

Venom

Plus taxes of course bringing it a bit over $80 total. I was tempted to also get the Spider-man and GOTG playsets at BOGO 1/2, but figured I'd space out the purchases a bit so I have something to look forward to down the line( plus give my credit card a chance to breathe lol). I would have preferred to get Nick Fury instead of Rocket but for whatever reason, he's part of the Spidey set and not even a crossover character( at least Rocket can be used in the Avengers set). 

Next characters on my priority list asides from the playsets, Hawkeye to have a full Avengers set and prob Groot/Drax to complete the GOTG set.

$18.74 before tax for the playsets. I jumped. Kids haven't seen the movie but they like the look of these characters anyway.

Huge thanks for the heads up, $20 for the Spiderman Playset is great, I was hoping for $25 at best before Christmas.

My Target had the 2.0 Originals Album exclusive on the pegs today and I picked one up.

I was disappointed that it is much larger (11"x12") than the 1.0 albums (8"x8.5").  I suspect the 2.0 Marvel album at Gamestop will be similar to this target one.

Regular price (as advertised next week) is $24.99.  The cashier manually applied the 10% coupon from the wishbook to my purchase.

Do you guys think we will ever see the GotG or Spiderman playsets any lower than $20? I actually have an Amazon Visa Chase card. This is really tempting.

Do you guys think we will ever see the GotG or Spiderman playsets any lower than $20? I actually have an Amazon Visa Chase card. This is really tempting.
Given the price increase of the playsets over 1.0, $20 this holiday season seems like the best it may get. If Amazon has a lighting deal, maybe... Or you can visit the Goodwill someone found two of them at for $9 (clearly YMMV) ;)

Is Rocket worth holding onto as far as gameplay goes, or should I trade him for another character? As stated above, I also have Venom, Hulk and Cap....

They're $18.74 after the rewards promo code, so yeah, they'll be under $20 ;)

This is probably as good as it'll get short of a clearance. The lowest any of the series 1 playsets went aside from clearance was $17.50 during the $50% off sale at launch. Anything beyond that was extreme YMMV.

I guess I'm not surprised, but Shoprunner doesn't work on the Power Discs from Toys R Us. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything on the TRU website that was Shoprunner eligible. Very sneaky.

Is the 3 for $6 a sale places like Target or BestBuy will usually price match? Really don't want to drive to Toysrus just for some discs.
Just checked best buy's policy and it says they don't match bundled items. I would guess this would fall into that category but it might be worth a shot.

When figures are like 3 for $33 or a deal like that I have no problems PMing those types of deals at my local BB. It's when they are B1G1 ?% off or B2G1 free I have no luck with those.

When figures are like 3 for $33 or a deal like that I have no problems PMing those types of deals at my local BB. It's when they are B1G1 ?% off or B2G1 free I have no luck with those.
This is correct. Bundled items are either of this variety or "Buy X, get Y free". The 3 for $6 deal should be easily PM at Target or BB.

I wonder how long the 3 for $6 is going to last. Ridiculously good.

Anyone remember the release date given for the blue game power disc packs? (Thor/GoG, Stitch/Merida) I thought they were saying January, but I can't find any onto now.

Got 39 packs for $82 after tax in store.  

Remember that when you spend $30 you get a free disc pack.   So grab them in sets of 15 disc per order and one of the 15 disc should discount to free.   It might work when buying 16 but I didn't try it.

I just grabbed all 39 in the same order and noticed one was discounted to free.

PM'ed the 3 for $6 at Walmart today with ease.  Got six the first time but decided to make a return trip since it's such a good deal.

On the second trip it took two employees to figure out how much to charge per pack. :whistle2:k

I took a few seconds and figured it out for them, but they were still suspicious until they finally worked it out for themselves. ;)

[quote name="Worseley" post="12260319" timestamp="1416682056"]Got 39 packs for $82 after tax in store.

Remember that when you spend $30 you get a free disc pack. So grab them in sets of 15 disc per order and one of the 15 disc should discount to free. It might work when buying 16 but I didn't try it.

I just grabbed all 39 in the same order and noticed one was discounted to free.[/quote]

I did something similar, except I one picked up 15 packs for $30 and got the 16th pack free.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. You saved me a trip to the madness that is Walmart and/or Target on Thursday evening. I bought the sets as well and a bunch of the other figures. Looks like the discount maxes out at 50 bucks.

bread's done
Back