Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks ajh2298! I'll try and stop by tonight.

Btw, be sure at TRU to use this $5 off purchases of $25 if you pay by Paypal. Coupon expires 12/15/14. Credit goes to SD for posting it. It may not stack with the $10 off. Link

The Spider-Man and GOTG playsets are on sale at Amazon at the moment for 25.99. Spider-Man has been that price for a few days now and they just reduced the GOTG today.

[quote name="Fuma" post="12297539" timestamp="1417653529"]The Wreck it Ralph pack with Ralph, Venelope, and the two cosmetic discs are 16.99 on the Microsoft Store online right now. If your kids liked that movie that may be a good choice. Free shipping too.

If you use the Wreck it Ralph terrain on a race track it looks AWESOME.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. Will be try g to pm the pack in bestbuy later. Rather get my bby points.

I can confirm that the b1g1 free and save $10 on a $35 purchase does stack on the power disc packs. Ended up getting 16 packs for $32 after tax.
Does it matter if you mix and match the 16 packs with 1.0, 2.0 originals, and Marvel?

I just now opened up the packs I bought on Amazon when they were on sale (my first packs I've ever bought). The first one I opened had a "rare" infinity gauntlet ability. I can see how this can be addicting. It brought me back to the days of Pokemon cards.

It is the Disney Originals album with five power discs. Usually priced $24.99 the sales ad for the week has it listed for $9.99. Clerk said it was an error but they are honoring it.

Well shit, I guess I might have to return the one I bought from Target.
This one is slightly different than the Target one. The discs included are the Small World sky and texture, the electric parade vehicle, the alice worm vehicle and one other I forget. Also, this album is crazy large. Way bigger than the albums from 1.0.

W8 i dont see the b2g1 deal online, did they pull it out or this instire only?

Edit: ok i see it now. Its not prominently advertised and its b1g1. Hehe cool!

This one is slightly different than the Target one. The discs included are the Small World sky and texture, the electric parade vehicle, the alice worm vehicle and one other I forget. Also, this album is crazy large. Way bigger than the albums from 1.0.
As far as I can tell the Target album and Toys R Us album only differs in the cover artwork and included discs. The interior is identical. And with the Toys R Us album potentially being only $10 (and free if I buy $30 worth of power discs alongside it) it's definitely the preferable option.

Is there a cheat for 2.0 power packs to determine which one has a rare disc inside before purchasing like how 1.0 has that holographic feel when scratching? I had ton of doubles on the 1st one so id like to minimize it this time around.

As far as I can tell the Target album and Toys R Us album only differs in the cover artwork and included discs. The interior is identical. And with the Toys R Us album potentially being only $10 (and free if I buy $30 worth of power discs alongside it) it's definitely the preferable option.
So if I buy 12 packs, and get the album pricematched to $9.99, it will be $40 total minus the $10 promotion to equal about $30 total? And then if I pay with the paypal app, I may even get another $5 taken off making it potentially $25 for the album and 12 packs of power discs?

Is there a cheat for 2.0 power packs to determine which one has a rare disc inside before purchasing like how 1.0 has that holographic feel when scratching? I had ton of doubles on the 1st one so id like to minimize it this time around.
nope. Rare discs no longer have the lenticular sticker.

The only cheat is to buy a bunch of packs, take them home, put them on the base (unopened), see which ones you need, and return the rest.

So these exclusive albums how do they work this time around? Is the TRU one Disney 2.0 related and the Target one Marvel 2.0 related?

TRU and Target albums are both "Disney Originals" albums, with the only difference being the discs packed with each and the cover artwork.

GameStop offers the Marvel-themed album.

I picked up the last DI Originals book for a $9.99 price adjustment. Also picked up about 16 packs of discs and purchased the Guardians of the Galaxy set in a separate transaction. The $5 paypal deal was deducted afterwards I think.

The key is to buy 8 at a time. They take the $10 off $35 before they apply the BOGO. Wish I had known before I went!

I would have liked the album, but they didn't have any ads in store, so I had no way to get them to match it. 

Now I'm just hoping not to have a crapload of doubles in the packs I bought.

The key is to buy 8 at a time. They take the $10 off $35 before they apply the BOGO. Wish I had known before I went!

I would have liked the album, but they didn't have any ads in store, so I had no way to get them to match it.

They should have had their own master copy of the weekly ad there. My local store looked at my phone's online copy of the ad and they verified it with their own print hard copy. If you can still swing it, it's worth trying to get it at TRU or price matched at Target. especially since it comes with 5 discs for that price.

Btw, I did pay online once with Paypal and got the $5 off when I bought the discs and disc album. I then went again and bought the Guardians set, but for some reason Paypal wasn't working the 2nd time around. Not sure if it's a firewall to prevent multiple buys in case the buyer is fraudulent or what. Had to use a credit card instead and not reuse the $5 off coupon. Luckily I had a separate $5 off coupon though.

They should have had their own master copy of the weekly ad there. My local store looked at my phone's online copy of the ad and they verified it with their own print hard copy. If you can still swing it, it's worth trying to get it at TRU or price matched at Target. especially since it comes with 5 discs for that price.

Btw, I did pay online once with Paypal and got the $5 off when I bought the discs and disc album. I then went again and bought the Guardians set, but for some reason Paypal wasn't working the 2nd time around. Not sure if it's a firewall to prevent multiple buys in case the buyer is fraudulent or what. Had to use a credit card instead and not reuse the $5 off coupon. Luckily I had a separate $5 off coupon though.
Can you please post a link to the online copy you showed on your phone? I'm having trouble finding it.

I'm confused. Are you saying you can go buy 8 packs for only $10?

Edit: nevermind, I see from sd is was $15 and yesterday only

Someone on a Facebook group I'm on said they grabbed 12 packs and it activated, which led me to this conclusion...dammit.

Had I know I definitely would have gone for the eight packs plus the album instead, though on second thought after the "$10 off $35" sale that would have brought my total down to $19.96, and I dunno if the Paypal promo would have triggered then. Hmm.

I'm overthinking this completely.

I asked the person at guest services, and at the game area, and both said they only had the ad for the 2 day sale. I don't have a smart phone, so I couldn't show them the online ad. Not sure if I want to make a 3rd trip back since they still might not let me have it for $9.99. Great deal for those who got in on it though!

Yeah the disc deal is dead. My store still had the signs for them being active so I went and bought 2 discs today as well as the Cap/Black Widow set since OF COURSE my brother-in-law puts DI on his wish list AFTER the Black Friday deals. I was disappointed to see on my receipt when I got home that they took off $10 combined from the already overpriced Avengers set plus the two full price discs. Going to return them all tomorrow.

For those curious, the Bestbuy Buy 2, Get 1 Free deal works on all figures (amiibo figures as well).

With GCU it comes to $22-23 for 3 figures (just over $7 each).

Glad that I checked out last night before the new sales week then. I got Rapunzel, Woody, and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix for $31 shipped with GCU.

Anyone knows when TRU next Special EVENTs for Disney Infinity Power Discs Swap/Exchange?
Take it for what's it worth but my TRU guy told me that they were going to do one for the Disney Original Discs but turn out was so low for the Marvel one they decided to cancel it from the corporate level via a memo.

In the Walmart ad this week it mentions a $5 gift card with the purchase of rocket raccoon, drax, or Groot figure.

Also mentions a $5 gift card with crystal sorcerer's apprentice mickey figure.

Take it for what's it worth but my TRU guy told me that they were going to do one for the Disney Original Discs but turn out was so low for the Marvel one they decided to cancel it from the corporate level via a memo.
Might be a sad truth. I was the only one who went to trade during the marvel one. And the event was what? 3 hours long? Employee blamed it on poor advertising.

Maybe if TRU wasn't on the Skylanders jock then maybe it would've been better.

I just noticed that there are no female characters at all for the Spiderman playset.  That's annoying, they should have included White Tiger at least.

There are only two female Marvel superheroes which is pretty sad. Both of them are only available with other male superheroes, too. Are little boys really THAT afraid to play as a woman?  :wall:

Most of the NPCs could've been great playable characters. Captain Marvel and Wasp have a lot of appeal. She-Hulk also would've been one of my choices.

bread's done
Back