Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
There are only two female Marvel superheroes which is pretty sad. Both of them are only available with other male superheroes, too. Are little boys really THAT afraid to play as a woman? :wall:
Yes, because most dads teach their kids to go with GI Joes and not Barbies. Blame the people raising them. Just wait til you have a daughter. You know how hard it is for me to find: female characters in action figures (like Star Wars Rebels or Power Rangers)? Female costumes that aren't sexy/princess related (seriously impossible to find a pink power ranger or a non-sexy marvel girl character)?

It never bothered me before because I didn't know it but my daughter is being raised as a gamer and a geek and it saddens me. But even with all those issues, she still has fun with Black Widow and Gamora. And Hulk. And she wants Falcon like no ones business. So I'll take little victories.

I don't really understand making these things for mobile platforms. I mean, doesn't it kind of defeat the whole "mobile" aspect of the device?

I don't really understand making these things for mobile platforms. I mean, doesn't it kind of defeat the whole "mobile" aspect of the device?
Well I think with Skylanders you only used the portal to load the characters into the game and didnt have to take it with you to play. At least thats what I understand from watching my son play the 3DS versions of them.

This probably should go in the regional deal, but I'll post here also. H.E.B. has the Infinity 1.0 figures for $3.99 each. I ended up grabbing Violet, Mike, Jack, Matter, Woody and Barbosa. One store I went to had them marked at full price. Another store had them marked at the sale price and that store had just two Barbosas left.

2 Questions:

1. Do the characters in 2.0 each have a level specific to them like in 1.0? I mean the mini-games (like Dash had the top down thing where you had to collect bubbles while avoiding enemies. 

2. Is there any way to get the other two "Toy Box Games" power discs if you didn't purchase that starter kit? I got the Marvel starter pack and bought Merida and Stitch separately, is there anyway to get their Toy Box games? 

This probably should go in the regional deal, but I'll post here also. H.E.B. has the Infinity 1.0 figures for $3.99 each. I ended up grabbing Violet, Mike, Jack, Matter, Woody and Barbosa. One store I went to had them marked at full price. Another store had them marked at the sale price and that store had just two Barbosas left.
It's been mentioned here a couple times. I checked mine and they didn't have any 1.0 figures.

Yes, because most dads teach their kids to go with GI Joes and not Barbies.  Blame the people raising them.  Just wait til you have a daughter.  You know how hard it is for me to find:  female characters in action figures (like Star Wars Rebels or Power Rangers)?  Female costumes that aren't sexy/princess related (seriously impossible to find a pink power ranger or a non-sexy marvel girl character)?  

It never bothered me before because I didn't know it but my daughter is being raised as a gamer and a geek and it saddens me.  But even with all those issues, she still has fun with Black Widow and Gamora.  And Hulk.  And she wants Falcon like no ones business.  So I'll take little victories.
I know how hard it is to find female action figures because those are the ones I looked for as a kid. Still, I feel like as a child I had more options for female characters than children do nowadays.

2 Questions:

2. Is there any way to get the other two "Toy Box Games" power discs if you didn't purchase that starter kit? I got the Marvel starter pack and bought Merida and Stitch separately, is there anyway to get their Toy Box games?
Not until January 13th when they release separate packs of them.

It would have been nice too if DI had the entire Big Hero 6 team with their own missions. My 6 year old daughter loves Honey Lemon. Oh well. Another missed opportunity. 

Yeah, got mine as well. In a small cardboard envelope from Funimation, wonder why it was sent from them? Hope you can get that fixed and get them to send you another set man.
Thanks for the confirmation. I've been trying to narrow it down, but google wasn't much help lol

Well, that sucks...hopefully I can get a set. I'll contact them Monday morning

Went by GS, and grabbed

DI 2.0 Guide-4.99

GOG pack-29.99

2.0 Power discs- B2G1 free

also have 50% of all DI accessories.
Its not 50% off all accessories one of the few things excluded is their exclusive Marvel Power Disc album with the 5 GotG discs.

Is the Disney Infinity Power Disc holder worth getting?

Target has a Big Hero 6 cover and GameStop has a GotG.
Until this post I didn't even realize they had any albums for 2.0.

I think they're worth it just to keep track of everything, it makes it easier to see what's missing/lost and helps kids know where they go.

I haven't picked up a single power disc pack yet, so I'll probably check it out in store this week. Which series of the ToysRUs exclusives should I keep an eye open for? Any must haves?

Man i should have grabbed gotg at bestbuy when it was $25 befor gcu. After watching the gotg again on bluray, my son wants me to get it. Tsk! Now gamestop's 29.99 is the cheapest this week.

Is the Disney Infinity Power Disc holder worth getting?

Target has a Big Hero 6 cover and GameStop has a GotG.
The Gamestop album is all of the currently released Marvel Discs (42).

TRU and Target both have an Originals album (also holding 42). The only differences being the covers and the (5) included discs.

The Gamestop album is all of the currently released Marvel Discs (42).

TRU and Target both have an Originals album (also holding 42). The only differences being the covers and the (5) included discs.
Thanks. I read somewhere that you could buy all the discs in an album but I can't find it anywhere for a reasonable price (you can find the whole set on ebay).

I'm new to this game and I've done some research, just wanting to make sure I'm reading everything right.  I'm going to be getting this for me and my boys to play.  If I buy the new 2.0 Marvel bundle that comes with 3 figures and the game (it's the one normally around $75)  is that everything I'll need to start the game?  Also if I buy the 1.0 figures will they work with the 2.0 set?

There are two modes of play, toy box and playset. All figures can be used in 2.0 toy box mode, but the play sets are exclusive to certain figures and version of the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

There are two modes of play, toy box and playset. All figures can be used in 2.0 toy box mode, but the play sets are exclusive to certain figures and version of the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Correct. There are 6 playsets for 1.0 (Cars, Pirates, Monsters University, Incredibles, Lone Ranger and Toy Story) and 3 for 2.0 (Avengers, Spider-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy). Both games have toy box and all figures work with 2.0 Toy Box but only 1.0 characters work on 1.0 Toy Box.

There are two other modes on 2.0 (online - where you can download Toy Boxes and Toy Box mini-games other players create and play them) and INterior mode where you can create and decorate a house with items you unlock.

Toys R Us has figures 2/$20 and power discs B1G1 free.
How long is this sale active?

Man i should have grabbed gotg at bestbuy when it was $25 befor gcu. After watching the gotg again on bluray, my son wants me to get it. Tsk! Now gamestop's 29.99 is the cheapest this week.
I was thinking the same thing after I watched the bluray again (except I'm a 26 year old man and want the playset for myself. :oops: )

Correct. There are 6 playsets for 1.0 (Cars, Pirates, Monsters University, Incredibles, Lone Ranger and Toy Story) and 3 for 2.0 (Avengers, Spider-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy). Both games have toy box and all figures work with 2.0 Toy Box but only 1.0 characters work on 1.0 Toy Box.

There are two other modes on 2.0 (online - where you can download Toy Boxes and Toy Box mini-games other players create and play them) and INterior mode where you can create and decorate a house with items you unlock.
Without the help of people on this thread, it would have taken me a while to figure all of this stuff out. I just finally booted up and played Disney Infinity for the first time this weekend. I see why kids are so in to this. It's also a fun and easy game to for disney/marvel fans to play, unwind, and relax after work.

I started playing the Avengers playset with Iron Man. I'm not sure if this is the best place to start. I'll go back and play the 1.0 starter pack stuff after the Avengers stuff is finished.

We'll see if I can wait for a sale to buy the inevitable Star Wars 3.0 starter pack. I have a feeling it might be one of the rare instances I pay MSRP for something. 8-[ At least there's GCU.

So do these albums include all discs in the series like that series 2 album did from 1.0, or is it just the album? I was looking on Amazon and seeing a bunch of different albums and it was getting confusing.

FYI since I didn't see it posted here, according to Slick Deals, Walmart has a few single figures for $9 (Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, and Hulk) and Marvel starter sets are $44.96 for most consoles.

Also, YMMV, but apparently if you pick up figures you may be able to get a $5 gc back when you purchase a DI figure or a $20 gc when you buy a starter set.  Some people are reporting hit or miss on getting both the price match and the gift card too. 

Does the Marvel 2.0 Guardians of the Galaxy album at GameStop have exclusive discs or are they common in packs? I picked up the TRU DI Originals album when it was listed incorrectly for $9.99 a couple weeks ago. 

Thanks. I read somewhere that you could buy all the discs in an album but I can't find it anywhere for a reasonable price (you can find the whole set on ebay).
The only album that you could purchase with a complete set of discs was Infinity 1.0, Series Two - it was a Target exclusive.
Josh mentions it below...

So do these albums include all discs in the series like that series 2 album did from 1.0, or is it just the album? I was looking on Amazon and seeing a bunch of different albums and it was getting confusing.
No only 5 pre-selected discs are included with each of these new oversized albums.

Btw, I can confirm the WM deal works.  I just picked up the WiiU Marvel Starter Pack for my brother in law as well as Captain America and Hawkeye. Hulk - the only other one which I wanted for $4 was sold out. Just showed screen cap pictures of the prices ($44.96 and $9.00 respectively) and was good to go. I got a $20 and two separate $5 gift cards back. Great deal!  

So the 1.0 Playsets are not playable in 2.0? That is disappointing.

Also, Best Buy has the CE Marvel Set for PS3 and PS4 on sale for $109.99. No shipping, in store only. I remembered my closest BBY having these and when I checked sure enough it was still there. GCU stacks bringing it to $87. Great deal when stacked with some credit or rewards certs you may have lying about. Finally pushed me over the edge when I had been trying to resist getting into this.

Don't rely on the website for an accurate count of whether your local stores have one. If its under 3 the site will show out of stock and unable to pickup. So check or call if you're interested, with sku in hand.

I obviously haven't been around for the week
Obviously.

I wish they would have done more like the Target series 2 disks. I hate blind packs. It drove me away from collecting any of them. Especially since they were fluff that ended up NOT being kept in the albums but left strewn across my place.

FYI for those new to the game, Woody is on sale at Walmart for $7. Not sure if you can get a price match at Toys R Us and get this figure plus a power disc for $7, but it's not a bad idea to try. 

Yes. The best deal is Walmart's this week. They currently have the 2.0 Marvel sets for $44.96 for most of the consoles as a rollback deal. The price is online only but, they also have a deal in store of you buy a starter set you get a $20 gift card back. The deal is good through 12/21. So, if your store will honor the online price you can get a starter set for $44.96 + get a $20 gift card. 

I did this last night at my local Parma, OH store and it worked great. Picked the WiiU Marvel starter set up for my brother-in-law for Christmas. There's more discussion on it from SD here

bread's done
Back