Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. The best deal is Walmart's this week. They currently have the 2.0 Marvel sets for $44.96 for most of the consoles as a rollback deal. The price is online only but, they also have a deal in store of you buy a starter set you get a $20 gift card back. The deal is good through 12/21. So, if your store will honor the online price you can get a starter set for $44.96 + get a $20 gift card.

I did this last night at my local Parma, OH store and it worked great. Picked the WiiU Marvel starter set up for my brother-in-law for Christmas. There's more discussion on it from SD here.
Thanks, but I'm looking for the playsets themselves (Spider-man, GotG, Avengers)

Sorry. I haven't seen anything that great on playsets this week. The best prices have been around $24.99 a few weeks ago but so far nothing like that as far as I can tell. 

The playsets get a $10 GC at Walmart and at least one of them is on sale online or 29.99 making it like 20. Or get the starter set for 5 more and have a backup base or trade it.

$77.72 for marvel starter set, hulk, cpt, Hawkeye, and $35 gift cards. Didn't have to fuss or anything just asked for price match. Showed phone and she rang it all up.

$77.72 for marvel starter set, hulk, cpt, Hawkeye, and $35 gift cards. Didn't have to fuss or anything just asked for price match. Showed phone and she rang it all up.
Awesome. Glad it worked for you too. My brother wasn't going to invest in DI 2.0, but with such a good deal, he couldn't pass it up.

I went back after this and used the $35 in gc for gotg playset and got another gc for $10 and used it on spiderman. Still have a $10 gc left. Nice score

They told me they are obligated to price match the website during the holidays. I got the PM, the $20 GC and bought the Cap and Hulk figures PMed for $9 and a $5 GC for each individual figure (another $10 in GCs).

I got the avengers set with the price match at the register and they gave me the gift card automatically. The cashier was impressed at how good of a deal it was and I just smiled and said thank you lol

So thanks to the poster who posted about it on here. It's for an Xmas gift and I'm glad I could save some money on it.

Thank you to the person who posted about the walmart deals. I bought hulk, hawk eye, and the captain for $27+tax and got three $5 giftcards. The cashier tried to put them all on one card but something got messed up. Manager had to come over and void the transaction with the key. Three individual cards worked though.

I thought I was being junior detectivized for a minute but it all worked out. I know it sounds dumb, but I try to find the kindest looking cashiers doing pricematch stuff like this. Younger cashiers are usually better in my experience also (but then they might eff something up on accident like mine did). Ymmv

I thought I was being junior detectivized for a minute but it all worked out. I know it sounds dumb, but I try to find the kindest looking cashiers doing pricematch stuff like this. Younger cashiers are usually better in my experience also (but then they might eff something up on accident like mine did). Ymmv
Yeah lol, lady at my first store was older. At first she was super nice, but then when I tried to do the 2nd and 3rd ones she kept asking more and more questions, and eventually tracked down a manager who told her to deny me any more price matches.

2nd store wouldnt PM at all since it was out of stock.

And the 3rd store literally barely glanced at it and OK'd it for all 3. (It was a young guy, who didn't even seem to care as he was the only one to not hunt down a manager)

Just got back after like an hour and half of being in walmart. Managed to get the ps4 marvel starter kit for 44.96 plus the 20 dollar gc plus I price matched toys r us and got 2 figurines for 20 and a 5 dollar gift card for buying the hulk. I have to give a shot out to the customer service girl who took care of me and basically rung up all my deals because the people in electronics were kinda useless. When I asked the first cashier at electronics if they price match their own website she said no. Kinda blew me off about that and even when I asked about certain figures she was giving me "What we have is out there" line and didn't bother to check. So i went to the csrep and she told me they do price match as long as its in stock online which it was. So I went back to electronics and the girl was nicer and with the help of the manager matched the price. However the manager didn't give me the 20 dollar gift card. She tried to pretend like there wasn't a deal for that and when i told her that there was a deal for a 20 dollar gc when you buy the marvel starter kit in store she just kinda pretended to browse her computer while playing off that there wasn't a deal for that. Even though when she rung it up there popped up a notice on the register to scan a gift card because it was obviously part of the promotion and the manager told the cashier to skip it. Yea thanks manager lady I could obviously tell you were lying. Anyways I went up front with my receipt to the csrep and she gave me the 20 dollar gift card even mentioning that I should of received it at the initial transaction. Had to come back and the cs girl also do the figurine 2 for 20 transaction and she gave me the 5 dollar gift card. I felt bad for bothering her so much but she was the only competent one in the store. Truthfully if the manager had said that they couldn't price match and give me the 20 dollar gc I would of totally been ok with that and simply just bought the game at the website price. However since she lied to my face It really pissed me off.

Thank you to the person who posted about the walmart deals. I bought hulk, hawk eye, and the captain for $27+tax and got three $5 giftcards. The cashier tried to put them all on one card but something got messed up. Manager had to come over and void the transaction with the key. Three individual cards worked though.

Yeah, in other words you try to take advantage of people.

Is this deal still going with the gift cards? I got the starter set yesterday but kinda want some figures. Also, any deals on the sets? Like guardians of the Galaxy?

What's weird is that my brother picked up the price matched $9 Marvel figures as well as several DI Originals figures. Only the Marvel figures had the $5 gift card issued. I think he picked up Baymax and Tinkerbell. If ALL DI figures are supposedly issuing a $5 gift card, it didn't happen for my brother. 

I'm not sure if the playsets are issuing gift cards themselves or what quantity if they are. 

Price for the starter set has now gone down to $39.99 online, and I was able to price match and they included the $20.00 GC with no problem.

My Walmart finally posted signs for the gift card offers today.

It's obvious that the online prices are supposed to reflect the in-store price + gift card, so congrats to those who are getting the PM + gift cards.

I was able to get the 3 2.0 characters (Hawkeye, Hulk, and Captain America) price matched and get the $15 in gift cards.

Then I had them price match Toys R Us who had the Buy 2 Infinity characters for $20 (Rocket and Groot) and used the gift cards on those to get 5 characters for $32 total.  Very happy with how that went.  

Thanks to everyone who provided the info.  

Got a junuor detective at my local store. Didnt want to pm walmart online prices instore store since its says out if stock. Sheesh.

I had an interesting evening last night at WM. I had about 5 Site to Store items to pick up including the original WiiU Marvel Starter Set when the price was $44.96 online. I was going to see if by any chance they could price adjust the starter set to $39.99 (and hopefully trigger the $20 gift card). I also wanted to see if WM could price match Amazon's $29.99 price for the Guardians of the Galaxy playset (and hopefully trigger a $10 gift card). The total adjusted for both items I was expecting was going to be around $75 plus $30 in gift cards. The customer service rep (who had a horrible case of pink eye and was announcing to all her coworkers how sick she was) proceeded to price adjust the DI set, but said she couldn't PM the Guardians playset since they "don't price match Amazon Prime - only Amazon." This was just after the electronics department - who had an employee bemoan he'd been working 12 hours with no relief - said that they do price match Amazon Prime only. Not other Amazon sellers.

The CSR at the service desk then proceeded to give me the adjustment on both items but instead of doing the normal thing and just returning/rebuying the items, she did it combined and did it wrong. She rang up the price of the Marvel Wii U starter set to be $59.98 instead of $45 and then subtracted the total price adjustment for the Guardians set to $29.99 and then gave me $32 in cash back. I was confused and bewildered, but left happy. I can't complain that I paid $32 out the door for both the starter set and the Guardians playet. 

I also picked up a Hulk set too for $9 - $5 gift card. 

Well, it does say in their fine print they don't ad match members prices or any sort of loyalty prices and Amazon Prime was actually named specifically in those rules on their site as well as in-store on a poster they had by one of the registers I was at the other day.

Posting on this site for awhile now no wonder they never used to ad match sites based on the way some of you try to cheat them. I mean jesus some of you are practically con artists in the way you try to swindle these places.

I went to WM and got Hulk. The lady told me I might not get the GC but the register prompted, so I got it. I don't care for CA and HE.

TRU two day ad is showing a b1g1 on infinity disc. I thought this was already going on? Is this an addition to it? Wil this stack with the other one? If I buy 1 pack, will I get 2 free? Anyone know?

Of course it will. I've personally seen businesses do 9 or 10 of these at the same time. I can't tell you how many times I've gone into a store and bought one thing but walked out with bags and bags of free stuff.

If they try to tell you no just argue with them. They'll admire your fortitude and will probably throw an extra pack in your bag at checkout.

Don't be a dumbfuck. TRU deals have been stacking as of late with these 2 day ads they have been doing. Last time they had a buy 3 for $6 deal and it stacked with getting a free pack or $5 off a purchase of thirty or something stupid.

Just wondering if this is the same sale they already had or is this a new one. Thats it.

Don't be a dumbfuck. TRU deals have been stacking as of late with these 2 day ads they have been doing. Last time they had a buy 3 for $6 deal and it stacked with getting a free pack or $5 off a purchase of thirty or something stupid.

Just wondering if this is the same sale they already had or is this a new one. Thats it.
Those are different promos tho - one was for any DI purchase over a certain amount ($35), the other was specific to power discs.

This is two identical promos, B1G1 power discs. If you "stacked them," it would be B2G2 not B1G2 and B2G2 = B1G1.

The only place I ever recall this happening is BBY and it wasn't due to multiple promos stacking, it was simply one of many glorious mishaps courtesy of BBY's fantastically terrible website coding.
ToysRUs used to be notorious for having their deals overlap and stack in some pretty wierd ways. That ended a few years ago though.

bread's done
Back