Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got 15 discs for $15 and picked up a disc holder for $5.
Which disc holder is $5?

Yes, plus the two toy box game discs (from the Marvel Starter and Disney Toy Box sets).

I'm not sure about Toy Story, but Cars was not well-received for DI 1.0. At all.

The TRU Gold Packs each have one rare disc and one disc from - I think - Series 1 (i.e. Di 1.0 Series 1). However, it isn't random. Use the UPC to identity which of the rare discs are inside. Some of the rares are from Series 1 or 2, but some are not found outside those packs (the Tron ones, for example).

http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=3785#sthash.aR1PNXYY.dpbs
Thank you. I'm definitely going back to buy the gold packs I'm missing.

Toy Story was pretty fun, about even with Lone Ranger. Cars was good only if you are very young, my 5 year old loved the Cars playset - if you are above that age you probably won't find much in it.
Yea Cars sucks.. because you can only race around, do flips off of various buildings, grab and sling cars with Mater, use your car in a giant skate park.... it sucks... /sarcasm

Are you freaking kidding me?!?!
Thank you. I'll skip Cars and pick up Toy Story. I was watching the Classic Game Room review of Disney Infinity and he was saying how good the Cars playset is. I was watching the footage and wondering why I shouldn't just play Mario Kart or Sonic All Star Racing instead.

Has anyone confirmed that 1.0 play sets are 50% too? I grabbed all three Marvel sets, but would pick up Pirates, Toy Story, and Frozen if they're on sale too.

Has anyone confirmed that 1.0 play sets are 50% too? I grabbed all three Marvel sets, but would pick up Pirates, Toy Story, and Frozen if they're on sale too.
The toy box set like Frozen elsa/anna or any toy box set are not but playset like buzz/jesse playset is a yes

I can confirm that I scanned the Cars playset and it rang up $17.99. I scanned the Frozen toy box set and it rang up $30.99.

I read that this deal doesn't work on the TRU gold packs.
Sorry I wasn't specific. I was thinking of buying them as a part of the B1G1 sale, not the 5 for $5. Would this work? I'll pricecheck at a scanner before I check out to be sure.

i was just going to skip getting this for a while but now i dont think i can pass it up! I can get TRU to PM walmart.com for the $40 starter sets right? 

Haha, fucking awesome deal on the Guardians playset at TRU! My local store had lots of everything they didn't have any signs up advertising the sales though.

Not that it mattered I took a picture of the Guardians playset in front of a price checker after i scanned it (and i video just in case) and took it up to Walmart and PM'd. Thr cashier thought it was a crazy sale and needed approval. Then she was trying to find a way to void the free GC but ended up getting the approval and their POS spit the $10 GC out. Too bad i just bought the last figures i needed at bby with GCU though

You could still get Anna and Elsa for $10 each.
I gope my store have them. The last tine i checked they had tons of wreck it ralph and phineas but hardly any frozen singles. Il miss out on the discs that comes with the bundle but you can get them from the disney power disk packs too right?

Grabbed 20 1.0 disc packs to give to my nieces.   It really makes you wonder just how CHEAP these things will get next year.   Paying full price for 2.0 discs seems like a pretty stupid move atm.

Ok, so I'm really happy with the deals I got for 2.0 thanks to this thread.

Picked up both the Guardians of the Galaxy and Spiderman playsets at TRU for 50% off last night, and bought 10 of the Series 3 power disc packs with the 5 for $5 deal. They weren't marked as such but they totaled out at the register.

Also picked up 13 of the 2.0 figures from BB for $7.99 each after GCU. I had $30 in rewards coupons so this came out to $74 plus tax.

Combine that with the Marvel 2.0 Starter set I got on BF from Best Buy for $32 after GCU, I now have all of the currently released 2.0 figures and all the 2.0 playsets (except for Crystal Mickey.) Total of $151 plus tax. I think I did ok. :)

Got a GoG playset, 5 series 2 packs, and 2 2.0 disc packs at TRU. Plus an Avengers Playset at Walmart. Price matched Amazon and got the $10 GC! Thanks Guys for the info.

My store has no 1.0 power discs. All they had were 2.0 discs and it doesnt do the buy 5 for 5 thing. Oh well. I was able to find elsa and anna individually. Got them to PM bestbuy even though online only showned stock pickup only. My bestbuy didnt have them instock too. So i guess i got lucky with the cashier that wasnt a jr detective. Hehe

Picked up a Spiderman set and got the free 1.0 disc pack.  At my nearest TRU, signs were up for all but the 50% of playsets, but still rung up as such, as others have found.  Used the eGC from the Gyft promo and the $5 gc for using google wallet there.  Paid $10 out of pocket for the set.  Nice!

Dear lord I just spent so much. Got the 2 2.0 Playsets, 12 power discs and an holder/album at TRU, got Hiro/Baymax/Maleficent at BB, and PMed Anna/Elsa at TRU.

Might come back later in the week (Or today) for the other 3 playsets, but I need to finish present shopping first lol.

No dice combining 50% off with price match.  The 50% off happens before the price match and doesn't adjust afterwards.  They said the two can't be combined.  Guess I won't be getting the 1.0 game/play sets after all.

Picked up the starter set, GOTG, and Spiderman from WM. I was able to price match the starter to $40 and the two playsets to $17.99 each thanks to the TRU 50% sale. I got $40 in giftcards back. When I was in TRU they didn't have any of the signage out for the 50% off playset deal or the 5 for $5 1.0 discs. I started telling people in the aisle and they all looked at me like some Christmas Shopping Wizard.

In the last week I have bought the following:

PS4 Marvel starter pack , Hulk, Hawkeye and Merida - ($42.04 after using $30 in gc from starter, hulk and hawkeye)

Crystal Sulley, Crystal Mr. Incredible, Crystal Jack Sparrow and Crystal Crystal Agent P - ($42.40 with TRU 2 for $20)

Baymax, Stitch, Tinkerbell, Maleficent, Venom, Aladdin and Crystal Mickey - ($59.29 after Bestbuy $9.99 figure sale and gcu)

Lone Ranger Play-set ($21.20 from microsoft.com, bought this before the recent TRU 50% off Play-set sale)

So $164.93 for the starter set, lone ranger set and 14 figures. Probably going to use 2 Gamestop coupons to get the Spider-Man set for $14.99 and get the Guardians of the Galaxy set from TRU for $17.99.

Thanks for the info on the disc holder.  I picked up 7 series 1, 7 series 2, and 11 series 3 power discs today (still not sure why I bought more of the latter) along with the disc holder.  

Hopefully I got a complete set for the kids.  

Ugh. Just drove back to TRU and grabbed the last 5 wave 3s and 5 more wave 1s

Also had to return 2 power disc packs. Didnt realize the gold TRU ones didnt count as free and paid 10 damn dollars extra and the damn cashier didnt say shit

Ugh. Just drove back to TRU and grabbed the last 5 wave 3s and 5 more wave 1s

Also had to return 2 power disc packs. Didnt realize the gold TRU ones didnt count as free and paid 10 damn dollars extra and the damn cashier didnt say shit
Don't be pissed at the cashier for your own slip.

Picked up a Spiderman set and got the free 1.0 disc pack. At my nearest TRU, signs were up for all but the 50% of playsets, but still rung up as such, as others have found. Used the eGC from the Gyft promo and the $5 gc for using google wallet there. Paid $10 out of pocket for the set. Nice!
Do you get a free 1.0 disc pack with the purchase of a figure?

I had other items in the purchase which threw the count off. And to top it off I asked her like 3 times if it was showing up as free during the purchase, she said yes.

So after triple checking mid purchase I'd assume she could have said something. Also the tags had no fine print, just said any Power Disc pack.

Between the Best Buy sale and the TRU B1G1 sale today I have all of the available figures and most of the power discs (including three rare spider bikes). I also got all of series 3 for 10 bucks. The packs were 5 for $5 and bought 20 packs. After scanning them I returned 10.

Opened all my discs, finished a decent chunk of the Series 1 Album and got a rare. Got another rare (From 2 or 3 I believe) as well.

Might go back and try my luck again tomorrow. The store Series 3 flew out of stock and it seemed like 1 was going next.

Who is a fun shooter in this game that's currently available to buy? I'm thinking Trigger Happy of Skylanders-kind of shooter. I've seen some videos, I would say Rocket would be one but anyone else that uses guns as their main weapon that shoots fast?

Who is a fun shooter in this game that's currently available to buy? I'm thinking Trigger Happy of Skylanders-kind of shooter. I've seen some videos, I would say Rocket would be one but anyone else that uses guns as their main weapon that shoots fast?
Rocket's always a fun one.

Went to toys r us today and they had no signs up showing the sale. Had to go scan at price checker to see if it was still valid. Grabbed ten power disc packs (they had so many). The cashier thought it was a mistake and she said she should go back and buy a bunch (even though she acted like she didn't know what they were).

bread's done
Back