Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had any problems finding Davey Jones, and Francesco has been uncommon but still available.

I don't think that you can find Violet new without importing or buying from eBay though.

What do people think of the Originals 2.0 Toy Box Disc games for Merida and Stitch?  I'd love to have some professionally created content where you can actually play the 2.0 (and 1.0) Disney Originals, but $20 MSRP to get these standalone seems very steep.  It's more likely that I'll buy the toybox starter set (w/ redundant Infinity base and game disc) to also get the figures, but that still puts the cost of the toy box discs in the $18-20 range. I guess the other option would be to wait and hope they're included in some future sale on playsets/accessories.  Either way, I'd appreciate opinions on whether these are any good. 

(If I was within driving distance of a physical TRU that might have the toybox starter for $20 that would be an easy call, but I'm not.) 

What do people think of the Originals 2.0 Toy Box Disc games for Merida and Stitch? I'd love to have some professionally created content where you can actually play the 2.0 (and 1.0) Disney Originals, but $20 MSRP to get these standalone seems very steep. It's more likely that I'll buy the toybox starter set (w/ redundant Infinity base and game disc) to also get the figures, but that still puts the cost of the toy box discs in the $18-20 range. I guess the other option would be to wait and hope they're included in some future sale on playsets/accessories. Either way, I'd appreciate opinions on whether these are any good.

(If I was within driving distance of a physical TRU that might have the toybox starter for $20 that would be an easy call, but I'm not.)
There're some walkthroughs on Youtube that will give you a good idea what to expect. 99.0% of them feature someone who loves the sound of their own voice, and think they're the Don Rickles of their generation with their lacerating wit, when all they are is obnoxious a-holes, but it's been helpful for me when deciding whether or not to buy a character or playset (it's put Hiro on my Get List due to his awesome nano machine attacks, while otherwise I'd have paid scant attention to him).

From what I've seen of Brave Forest Siege, it looks very much like Escape From Klyn, except for different layouts and graphics (a cake instead of key, levels take place in forests and castles instead of the space prison, different period-appropriate enemies, etc). Both have you standing on a platform for a set time to release the cake/key, both have sidekicks and things you can throw them into. Haven't tried the other two, but I'm betting there will be similarities there too.

I remember this deal from a few months back and i bought 2 instore and got the $5 off and GCU discount.

At the time i didn't even know about the $5 discount off 2 figures and just took the kids in to buy them each a figure and

then found out about it afterwards after looking at the receipt.

Doesn't seem like the deal works online though.

EDIT:

Just tried 2 figures only without signing into my account and it takes $2.50 off each figure.

If i sign into my account it shows $2.80 off each figure(GCU discount).

So it looks like the promotion and GCU doesn't stake online. Might be different instore though.

Does anyone know if it will take off $5 for every set of 2 you buy? I'm planning on buying multiples and seeing if I can just do it in one transaction.

Just got back from the store. Both the $2.50 (promo) and the $2.30 (GCU after promo) came off automatically. I got Rocket and Hulk. Wanted Groot but not in stock. None of the new figures were out.

Sweet, I'll swing by my store after class tomorrow to grab Venom and Nick Fury, then grab the new 3 on Tuesday. Then I'll have a full DI set (Till the new ones come lol...)

It's hard to believe that Jasmine is the only Disney Original announced that hasn't come out yet.

I mean seriously, Green fucking Goblin? Who gives a shit about Green Goblin? The lame version of him at that.

No Genie, Oswald, Scrooge, Wall-e, or Ariel. No Wolverine, Captain Marvel, Fantastic 4, or Deadpool. Instead we get shitty Green Goblin.

Just got back from the store. Both the $2.50 (promo) and the $2.30 (GCU after promo) came off automatically. I got Rocket and Hulk. Wanted Groot but not in stock. None of the new figures were out.
Awesome. Thank you for the confirmation. The last time I was at BB the Disney Infinity stuff was pretty much all sold out. Hopefully they restocked. It would be so much easier if everything just worked well on bestbuy.com.

It's hard to believe that Jasmine is the only Disney Original announced that hasn't come out yet.

I mean seriously, Green fucking Goblin? Who gives a shit about Green Goblin? The lame version of him at that.

No Genie, Oswald, Scrooge, Wall-e, or Ariel. No Wolverine, Captain Marvel, Fantastic 4, or Deadpool. Instead we get shitty Green Goblin.
As long as Fox has the movie righta to X-Men and Fantastic 4, you won't see figures of either.

Yeah, I'm wondering if the Disney Originals part of the game was more or less an afterthought. Something they just included for hardcore Disney fans, and probably girls, since Disney probably doesn't think girls want to play with superheroes.

I wonder if they'll be done with all the figures by March, when Falcon, Loki, and whoever comes out.

As long as Fox has the movie righta to X-Men and Fantastic 4, you won't see figures of either.
There are still a bazillion characters that Disney/Marvel does have the movie rights to though. Not to mention that the movie rights to all the Spider-Man characters are held by Sony and they still made those.

Yeah but the Spider-Man they used was based on their own cartoon on Disney XD. Also, Sony sold the Spider-Man merchandise rights back to Disney-Marvel, so they have no problem making and selling Spidey crap. 

Does anyone know if it will take off $5 for every set of 2 you buy? I'm planning on buying multiples and seeing if I can just do it in one transaction.
I tried online and it didn't work. It could be an issue with the system because others have complained it won't take both the $5 and GCU in online orders. In-store it apparently does take both off, so it might give you $10 back on 4 figures also.

Yeah, they could do figures since they own the toy rights, but they want to starve Fox. Wolverine was killed in the comic, Fantastic Four ended (after killing off the Human Torch) and now Deadpool is going to be killed off (prior to his movie, too)as well. Fox decided to play hardball over "mutant" and got a dose of an 800 lb. gorilla infused with Disney super power.

They used Spider-man because Sony is playing nice and helped them with some back end work on Guardians, and has been rumored to be willing (after initially declining) to let Spidey play with the other children. It also didn't hurt that Sony is reeling from a less than impressive Amazing Spidey 2 response and the leak aired the dirty laundry about what the hold up was (apparently Amy Pascal insisted on Andrew Garfield, and Marvel wants it re-cast). Honestly, Andrew Garfield was the best part about the movie, he beats the pants off Tobey, but Marvel is knocking it out of the park these days ...

Yeah, they could do figures since they own the toy rights, but they want to starve Fox. Wolverine was killed in the comic, Fantastic Four ended (after killing off the Human Torch) and now Deadpool is going to be killed off (prior to his movie, too)as well. Fox decided to play hardball over "mutant" and got a dose of an 800 lb. gorilla infused with Disney super power.

They used Spider-man because Sony is playing nice and helped them with some back end work on Guardians, and has been rumored to be willing (after initially declining) to let Spidey play with the other children. It also didn't hurt that Sony is reeling from a less than impressive Amazing Spidey 2 response and the leak aired the dirty laundry about what the hold up was (apparently Amy Pascal insisted on Andrew Garfield, and Marvel wants it re-cast). Honestly, Andrew Garfield was the best part about the movie, he beats the pants off Tobey, but Marvel is knocking it out of the park these days ...
I didn't know about all of this. It's very interesting. I think Andrew Garfield is an excellent Spiderman, but Marvel studios hasn't made a wrong move in my eyes for quite some time. I thought Iron Man 2 was kind of so-so, but it improved for me after The Avengers. I can't think of much else that I haven't liked from Marvel. I was bummed that they couldn't come to an agreement with Edward Norton, but Mark Ruffalo is a fuck ing awesome Hulk.

Maybe they have someone even better in mind to play Spiderman?

Went to a second store. The customer service woman tried to tell me that the sale starts Tuesday. Had her return my original purchase because I have a headache and I wasn't up for arguing with her.

Tried to then purchase Baymax and Hiro and they were still ringing up for $11.19, which means it was only taking off GCU. I just walked out without paying; again, not up for arguing tonight. I'll try again Tuesday.

It's not entirely true. Wolverine is dead, and yet he has a mini-series going on, along with a weekly series called Wolverines. He'll probably be back by the end of 2015, if not by the summer. Fantastic Four is getting canceled, but a Marvel editor pretty much hinted that it'll be back with a new novel and a new team. All the talk that Marvel ended this books as some spiteful shot at FOX were just rumors that turbo-nerds went crazy with. Deadpool dying doesn't mean anything. He prints money, anyway. He'll be back very soon. 

It's not entirely true. Wolverine is dead, and yet he has a mini-series going on, along with a weekly series called Wolverines. He'll probably be back by the end of 2015, if not by the summer. Fantastic Four is getting canceled, but a Marvel editor pretty much hinted that it'll be back with a new novel and a new team. All the talk that Marvel ended this books as some spiteful shot at FOX were just rumors that turbo-nerds went crazy with. Deadpool dying doesn't mean anything. He prints money, anyway. He'll be back very soon.
Well duh, of course they will be back eventually - it is comics after all. Ask yourself a question, we had a big X-Men movie this year, where were all the toys for it? Hmm, nothing - weird, huh? But oh, that's just "turbo nerd" speculation. Doesn't it just sound a little bit unusual that the comics that are ending, dying, being downplayed ALL happen to be popular properties that Fox owns the movie rights to? That's one hell of a big coincidence.

And yeah, I'm sure they have someone in mind for Spidey. Like I said, they are knocking homers so I'd be willing to see where it goes. Even if the whole idea is to wipe the slate clean of that contrived storyline about Peter's dad and killing off Norman Osborne. I'm not sure why Peter had to be something other than just an unlucky teen with a sad backstory that happened to be in the right place at the right time with that spider.

You will not see Deadpool anytime soon as this is tailored towards kids and young adults, which clearly is not Deadpool's crowd. Plus his in game version would never come close to what the real deadpool is so why even bother asking for it?

Plus they rewrote Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver's history so they are no longer linked to Magento.

Is Jasmine really the last? I thought they were going to release characters from the last Tron film as Disney Originals.

You will not see Deadpool anytime soon as this is tailored towards kids and young adults, which clearly is not Deadpool's crowd. Plus his in game version would never come close to what the real deadpool is so why even bother asking for it?

I disagree. Deadpool played a large part in the Lego Marvel game.

I fully expect 3.0 to be, at the least, announced this year. Star Wars is the obvious choice.
What I'd rather see though is a fully rendered world like Lego Marvel Superheroes for all the DI characters to roam around in.
Yeah that would be awesome. That's what is fun about Skylanders. I feel that Disney Infinity suffers from having to develop different worlds & the playsets end up becoming small mini games when compared to some of the amazing levels/chapters in Skylanders

While Star Wars isn't 100% confirmed for 3.0, JV and his crew have been dropping hints for the last year that it would be.

And let's be frank...with Star Wars being Disney's big Christmas movie this year, it'll be their big marketing push as well, so it's practically confirmed.

I guess we'll also see a Ant-Man figure in addition to Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, and probably Ultron, along with a smattering of other Marvel figures and Disney Originals figures. Disney doesn't have an animated film this year, but there's two Pixar films, so we'll likely get something from one or both of those.

Edit: Maybe we'll see a Cinderella figure because of that film, plus there's apparently a Live Action "The Jungle Book" film coming that I haven't heard of previously in 2015.

The Gamestop album is all of the currently released Marvel Discs (42).

TRU and Target both have an Originals album (also holding 42). The only differences being the covers and the (5) included discs.
Add to the Mix:
Best Buy has an alternate Marvel 2.0 album that also holds 42 discs. The cover is Spidey-centric.
I spotted a third Marvel album tonight at Walmart. It has a Cap-centric cover. Different included discs; same price, holds the same number of discs.

Ha ha. But seriously, is this fake or did everyone just forget about this announcement?

http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/11/07/confirmed-quorra-sam-flynn-tron-power-discs-coming-disney-infinity/
This is a really weird choice for a figure. Even though Tron: Legacy was technically a success, it wasn't a huge success for Disney, and there really hasn't even been a whisper of Tron since the cartoon they made was canceled. Weirder things have happened, like the Lone Ranger playset, but still. Tron figures would be surprising.

Oh man, I'm excited about those Tron figures.  I heard a rumor that they were going to be digital only, but as a huge Tron fan, I'm all about those figures.  Can't wait.  Any chance at extra exposure for the Tron franchise is a good thing. 

I agree that it is a questionable inclusion....but who cares?  More Tron = good. 

Oliva Wilde figure?! They should make a new playset involving the Tron series. Is it confirmed that they will only have three playsets for 2.0?

The amount of playsets for 2.0 is pretty awful. 3 playsets and not a single one that any of the actual Disney characters can be used in? I like Disney Infinity for what it is, but stuff like this is pretty impossible to defend.

The amount of playsets for 2.0 is pretty awful. 3 playsets and not a single one that any of the actual Disney characters can be used in? I like Disney Infinity for what it is, but stuff like this is pretty impossible to defend.
I agree...so many missed opportunities (Big Hero 6, Anyone?)

Yeah that would be awesome. That's what is fun about Skylanders. I feel that Disney Infinity suffers from having to develop different worlds & the playsets end up becoming small mini games when compared to some of the amazing levels/chapters in Skylanders
This is so true. I would have bought so many more figures if only they could be used in any world. Sucks that great characters like Jack are stuck in the toy box while suck ass characters like the cars and Lone Ranger get a play set. I would have loved a Nightmare Before Christmas world.

And the most ridiculous thing is that there is no world for Mickey. I mean he is freakin Disney!!!

Has anyone ever got two of the same power discs in the same pack? I have an Originals Power Disc pack and I think both discs are Le Maximum. No matter how I many times I put the pack on base, the car keeps popping up. Anyone else get something like this? 

This is so true. I would have bought so many more figures if only they could be used in any world. Sucks that great characters like Jack are stuck in the toy box while suck ass characters like the cars and Lone Ranger get a play set. I would have loved a Nightmare Before Christmas world.

And the most ridiculous thing is that there is no world for Mickey. I mean he is freakin Disney!!!
I'd just settle for being able to use all characters in every playset. There's no reason why they can't. Sure, some play sets from the first game, like Monsters University and Cars, require characters with specific skills to play, but there's none of that here. There really isn't any reason to restrict the characters, unless it's a concern of screwing up the lore, though Hulk, Cap, Hawkeye, and the rest show up in the cutscenes whether you own them or not, and there's text only on a majority of the interactions. They had no trouble with Syndrome and Davy Jones taking up arms against themselves in the first set, now they've got to justify why Nova and Rocket are involved in the Avengers, who exist in the same universe (even if they don't often cross paths). They should take a page from the Lego games and unlocking Free Play after you beat the set for the first time.

I think the most ridiculous thing is that Wreck-It Ralph can't be used in any playset.  He, at least, should be able to... it's the plot of his movie for cryin' out loud!

But I agree that there are several of the toybox figures that should have had a playset.  They will likely alternate between Disney, Marvel and Star Wars, so it sucks waiting for every 3rd iteration if you want a particular playset.  I'm sadly still waiting for Gargoyles and DW Duck as playsets, and I don't think I'll ever get them.

bread's done
Back