Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone linked an article a while ago that mentioned a 3rd, but I forget who it was.
Unless I'm mistaken, they were referring to the picture in the link that showed Spiderman and Nova in blue cases but there wasn't any actual announcement of anything. The cases didn't look like they had anything added to them like limited editions released so far; they looked like the licensed red-based cases from 1.0 except with blue bases so it's anyone's guess if there's anything to the picture or not. As far as I know Fury and Rocket are the only ones confirmed, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did more.

I'm thinking eventually we'll see something like this done with the black suit Spiderman... no way they keep that a vita exclusive forever.

Beside the display case is there anything special about the  rocket racoon or nick fury collectors edition figures? 

Beside the display case is there anything special about the rocket racoon or nick fury collectors edition figures?
I've asked the same question a dozen times and the answer is generally silence. I'm pretty sure the case is the "limited" item. Nothing else about the figure is special.

It's just the case.  They did the same thing with Jack Skellington in 1.0, which is funny because he hardly fits in it.  If you pushed the case down with any amount of force his head would probably snap right off.

It doesn't make any sense to me that they would make these "universal" cases, and yet probably close to a third of the figures are too wide or too tall to fit inside them.

bestbuy has the nick fury figure up for preorder, $17.99 release date 02/03/2015

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-disney-infinity-marvel-super-heroes-2-0-edition-nick-fury-figure-and-display-case-multi/2391018.p?id=1219539709921&skuId=2391018

not sure why the regular price is $29.99. Anyone know of any other collector cases that are able to be ordered yet? just the gamestop racoon one? Are there any other announced ones?
Thanks. I ordered one for $15.26 after tax. I guess I'm paying about $7 extra for a plastic case if you count the time the figures were $9.99 at BB ($7.99 with GCU). I'm assuming it's exactly the same figure as the regular version.

It looks like the following week's BB ad shows Aladdin, Hawkeye, and Captain America as $9.99. https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/342051-best-buy-ad-28-214/

I'm curious if all figures will be $9.99 again and BB just decided to use those 3 figures in the ad. Or I wonder if it's going to just be only those 3 on sale.

Unless I'm mistaken, they were referring to the picture in the link that showed Spiderman and Nova in blue cases but there wasn't any actual announcement of anything. The cases didn't look like they had anything added to them like limited editions released so far; they looked like the licensed red-based cases from 1.0 except with blue bases so it's anyone's guess if there's anything to the picture or not. As far as I know Fury and Rocket are the only ones confirmed, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did more.

I'm thinking eventually we'll see something like this done with the black suit Spiderman... no way they keep that a vita exclusive forever.
Yeah, thats the article I was referencing. Couldn't remember it very well.

Also there is no difference in the figures at all. I've answered it when asked prior in this thread, you're paying a premium for a shitty plastic case.

I'm curious if all figures will be $9.99 again and BB just decided to use those 3 figures in the ad. Or I wonder if it's going to just be only those 3 on sale.
BB could be lame enough to make it those three alone, but if it is by chance all, I'll pick up a Jasmine and maybe the Hiro I almost bought, but decided to pass on twice last week when Target did their $9.99 sale.

Unfortunately I already have Cap and Hawkeye, so I don't need them, but I wonder if GCU will stack on top of the $9.99 price.

The previous deal of $5 off two Disney Infinity figures coupled with GCU made the figures $9.19 a piece before tax. Pretty good deal. I bought 10 figures because of it.

I wonder if the $10 off Playsets offer couples with GCU as well...I still need the Spider-Man Playset.

Yeah, thats the article I was referencing. Couldn't remember it very well.

Also there is no difference in the figures at all. I've answered it when asked prior in this thread, you're paying a premium for a shitty plastic case.
thanks for the answers

it's been out of stock, bro... There are no other options besides purchasing it from amazon for a ridiculous price... No thanks!
Unless you insist on keeping her in package (1.0 pacjaging is awful plain. Amiibo it ain't) then the Girl Triple Power Pack is the way to go. Its UK, but there's no difference between it and the US version whatsoever. The figures work perfectly on NA copies, anf even the webcodes work.

Unfortunately I already have Cap and Hawkeye, so I don't need them, but I wonder if GCU will stack on top of the $9.99 price.

The previous deal of $5 off two Disney Infinity figures coupled with GCU made the figures $9.19 a piece before tax. Pretty good deal. I bought 10 figures because of it.

I wonder if the $10 off Playsets offer couples with GCU as well...I still need the Spider-Man Playset.
It will stack. GCU always stacks with standard sale prices.

I'm new to these and just started playing 2.0 with my son. Do the 1.0 playsets and figurines work with the 2.0 game?
Playsets, no. You need a 1.0 starter, disc, or download (it's free for Wii U) for them to work.

Figures, yes, 1.0 figures will work with 2.0, though they can only be used in the toybox, but 2.0 figures will not work in 1.0

Spiderman down to $21.99 now too. Its out of stock for now but you can still order.
Thanks! I ordered both GotG and Spider-Man. After this my son will just need Iron Fist, Nick Fury, and Drax to have all of them. (and Loki and Falcon of course, but they aren't out yet)

I re-wikied the opening post if anyone wants to clean it up.

Hopefully with the forum upgrade it actually sticks this time.
I did a little clean up. Looks like the new forum puts the wiki as a separate post under the first one. Not sure if you want to update your post or not.

I wish they announced these ahead of time. Stitch is one of my favorites, but I don't know if I'm going to buy it a second time.
That's kind of annoying that they decided to make a collectors edition for a figure that was included in a starter set. The only 2.0 originals I own are Stitch and Merida. I wish they would have picked any other Originals figure. Buying Stitch again doesn't interest me either even though he's a favorite.

Grabbed the Aladdin/Jasmine combo today at BBY. Also saw TRU had a ton of various sales, like 10$ off Playsets and something on Single figures (Not sure if its in the ad or anything). Also certain disc packs for 1$ if you buy a set

The toybox playsets at tru were not coming up 10 bucks off.I even showed an employee the shelf tag about 10 off and she said it was only for the actual playset sets.Like toy story,cars ect. ect.

Best Buy is showing the sets as $24.99 so it's knocked down to $19.99 with GCU. The site keeps being a pain in the ass though and I can't actually order either the Spider-Man or GotG sets. Both appear to be unavailable at my local store and it keeps crapping out when I try to change to shipping. Hopefully it gets sorted soon as I have $20 in reward certs so getting both for $20 would be pretty nice.

Edit: I was finally able to place an order for shipping. It got a glitch again and told me to call the 800 number to place my order but I checked my orders and it has gone through. Best Buy's site has been pretty awful lately. Cancelled the out of stock $21.99 each orders from Amazon.

Anyone else disgusted that they're not just releasing the figure cases separately? They aren't unique in any way are they?
They're those expensive, octagonal, PDP cases with the red bottoms. The special cases have black bottoms, and the area behind the figure is painted with a design appropriate to the figure (in Stich's case it's a beach motif).

The figures themselves are also exactly the same as normal figures. No Crystal-like bonus experience, greater powers, exclusive abilities, or anything else like that.

They're those expensive, octagonal, PDP cases with the red bottoms. The special cases have black bottoms, and the area behind the figure is painted with a design appropriate to the figure (in Stich's case it's a beach motif).

The figures themselves are also exactly the same as normal figures. No Crystal-like bonus experience, greater powers, exclusive abilities, or anything else like that.
What exclusive abilities do they have?

Quorra and Sam Flynn 2.0 figures are going to be digital-only. They should be on the iOS DI 2.0 already, and they'll hit the PC version in March. Not sure about the console releases. 

Quorra and Sam Flynn 2.0 figures are going to be digital-only. They should be on the iOS DI 2.0 already, and they'll hit the PC version in March. Not sure about the console releases.
I hope consoles get them, seems like a missed opportunity since tron is awesome. They should just do a tron playset, jeff bridges and oliva wilde figures would sell!

bread's done
Back