Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
So I picked up the Disney toy box for ps3 after price matching Amazon. But now I'm confused on the cheapest way to get the Avengers play set. Should I just buy the starter and sell the extra base?

I dropped into Best Buy yesterday because I was looking at some media storage solutions and I noticed that the Infinity section was just wiped out. I'm guessing the sale was rather successful.

Need some DI figure advice ... I picked up a Baymax today and the colors are sort of faded/muted on parts of the body. The Wings and shoulder pads are a more vibrant red than the rest of the figure. Is that normal or is there an issue with the plastic on some of these figures? Just looking for some feedback because it was the last one and just looked a bit off ...

Need some DI figure advice ... I picked up a Baymax today and the colors are sort of faded/muted on parts of the body. The Wings and shoulder pads are a more vibrant red than the rest of the figure. Is that normal or is there an issue with the plastic on some of these figures? Just looking for some feedback because it was the last one and just looked a bit off ...
Unfortunately, it's normal. I was worried myself when I ordered one near release and so I looked at the same figure in multiple stores and they are all like that.

Unfortunately, it's normal. I was worried myself when I ordered one near release and so I looked at the same figure in multiple stores and they are all like that.
Yeah, it's normal. I noticed that when I was shopping for Baymax for my son and looked at all of the Baymax figures in the store. Then I looked at a bunch of Baymax figures in other stores. They were all the same.

If you open up the figure, you'll find that there's a sort of dust or film that easily wipes off and allows the color to show through. It's still slightly off, but not as much as it looks in the packaging.

When you guys use a figure in 1.0 and then use a figure in 2.0, do you "play as guest" or "share ownership?" I'm reading forums online and there seems to be a lot of miscommunication about this choice.

When you guys use a figure in 1.0 and then use a figure in 2.0, do you "play as guest" or "share ownership?" I'm reading forums online and there seems to be a lot of miscommunication about this choice.
Are you swapping back and forth between 1.0 and 2.0 frequently?

If you've made a mostly one-way move from 1.0 to 2.0 then you either want to take ownership or else try to make the Disney account on the official site, link it to your profiles, and see if it will let you bring your progress forward (supposed to happen once, but it won't synch exp from 2.0 back down to 1.0). Theoretically you want ownership in 2.0 for 1% exp bonus and credit towards the "collect all characters" feat but if it's a character you almost never use in 2.0, it's max level in 1.0, and you can't make the Disney Account work for some reason then you might rather leave it as a max level guest instead of starting over at level 1.

According to a post on SD, it looks like there will be a big Infinity sale at TRU on Saturday. At work so no time to type it, so I just copied and pasted from lilmotto's post

Disney Infinity Aladdin and Venom $4.99 Each, 3.7.15 Toys R Us with TRU Card, 4 for $1 1.0 Powerdiscs, Up to 50% off figures/packs etc

Saturday 9AM-12PM

With Toys R Us Card

Aladdin Figure $4.99
Venom Figure $4.99

1.0 Powerdiscs 4 for $1

Up to 50% off select figures and packs (crystal agent p, woody, and what looks like a 2 pack of a crystal lightning McQueen, regular buzz and two discs are pictured)

All playsets $15 off $20.99

All Day Sale

2 for $22 All Figures

$44.99 2.0 Starter Set

Interested to see what's even in stock... I feel like they have been phasing out most of the 1.0 stuff... Not getting my hopes up. I haven't tried the power disks yet though so if they have any ill probably grab a stack

For anyone that ordered the figures from Disney Rewards, how long did it take to get them?  I ordered one about 2 weeks ago and haven't seen it yet.  They said it shipped, but no tracking or anything.

For anyone that ordered the figures from Disney Rewards, how long did it take to get them? I ordered one about 2 weeks ago and haven't seen it yet. They said it shipped, but no tracking or anything.
Mine shipped lightning quick...maybe a week and a day or two...tops. Their distribution center must be close, but I don't remember because I didn't really look at the return address before I threw the box away.

Another quick question... for the TRU rewards card, do I need to bring in the temp card (I just signed up) or does it go off of the phone number instead so I can cheap out on printing it?  I'm going to get a few packs for 1.0 tomorrow.

Another quick question... for the TRU rewards card, do I need to bring in the temp card (I just signed up) or does it go off of the phone number instead so I can cheap out on printing it? I'm going to get a few packs for 1.0 tomorrow.
You can just give them your phone number. I've done it before when I didn't have my card with me.

I got an alert for tomorrow. 9 to 12 venom and Aladdin are 4.99 play sets are 20.99 series one disc packs are four for $1
Glad there's finally some confirmation. I was beginning to worry I had passed on bad info.

I was told by a junior detective Mr. Know-it-all TRU employee tonight that the ad is wrong the discs will be $1 per pack not 4 for a $1.

I was told by a junior detective Mr. Know-it-all TRU employee tonight that the ad is wrong the discs will be $1 per pack not 4 for a $1.
i talked to i guess it was a district manager at the store near me and he showed another employee a email with the event plans and it was 4 for a buck in the email.

Well, that was interesting.  4 soccer moms and myself raiding the 1.0 packs.  

Thankfully everyone was civil.  I was even able to instruct them as to how to make sure not to get duplicates of the TRU packs (of which only 5 of the 10 were available.)  

Tons of series 1 and 2 at my store, only 1 series 3 pack (which I got.)  

So there is no limit on the power disc packs then? Cause my son still needs a whole lot to complete the 1.0 ones.
There were no limits. No idea if you had to buy quantities 4 to get the pricing though. (I did.)

I have plenty of doubles based on what I'm seeing so far, and would be willing to work with people if they want some of them.

Just got back. There was this lady around my age with two men my age, then a mom and her kid. I was first to the disc so I let the kid have run of the mill so he could get some.

With all of us we cleared out the power discs.

Went this morning. Surprised the gold packs were on sale! Got 24 packs the first go, then brought them to the car and went back in to find the wife and kid. That's when i wound up getting another 24 packs. Haha

The guy said they had hundreds so it was whatever to him.

Unfortunately, no series 3 and that's what i was needing most. Also still missing 2 Tron tru exclusive discs. 2403 and 2404.

Picked up both figures and 40 disc packs. I was the only one there, so got 2 each of the exclusive packs, got the series 2 rares and then a bunch of series 3 packs. Great deal. The cashier was less than thrilled with scanning all the packs

Grabbed GotG playset, Aladdin and 28 power disc packs this morning.  All for about $35!  My daughter and I were just playing Guardians, it was pretty fun.  Now I need to stop being lazy and trade some duplicates in the trade thread!  Power discs at 95% off are nuts.  :)

Wow i lucked out. Didnt realize it ended at noon and the manager was super nice and adjusted the price because she remembered me from during the Christmas deals.

All they had was series 2 so i grabbed 20 because Im pretty close to finishing it anyway

Got there 45 mins after they opened and they were all gone.  A lot less pegs for them than last time...hmmmm.

Did snag a sidekicks 3 pack for $10, so not a total wash.

Got to mine around 10, only one other guy looking at DI stuff. Picked up:

12 Power Disc Packs

Aladdin

Sidekicks Pack for $10 (Mrs. Incredible, Barbarosa and Mike)

And a Sonic Amiibo.

Great haul this morning IMO.

Decided to try to get there for 9:00 this morning, which isn't easy when you go to bed at 4:00 and usually sleep until noon.  But I woke up, headed out, and managed to get there at 9:02.  My intention was only to pick up the missing golds I needed, and about 10 packs each of series 1, 2, and 3.  My buddy also wanted me to grab him $20 worth of packs (he didn't specify a series - as he only has a very few discs right now and would like what he can get.)

When I got there, there were about five people, mostly older women and one man, grabbing at power pack bags, checking the UPCs on the gold bags for certain ones.  Gold power pack bags were scattered all over the rack below the holders as people checked the UPCs and didn't hang them back up afterwards.  All the series 3 (if there were any when they opened) were already snatched up by the time I got there.  Many of the women there didn't understand why they were looking for certain UPC codes, just that they had written instructions of what to buy.  One asked the group why they were all doing this, and I explained how the ending of each UPC had a different item in it.

A couple kids eventually came in with their parents, all of which knew of the sale but didn't know the specific, or even what the purpose of the gold bags were.  I explained and helped the two or three kids and their parents out by looking up on my Android what disc the gold UPC they read off would give them.  I ended up grabbing about 20 packs for myself and 40 for my buddy.  They had a sale sticker on the Aladdin/Jasmine set that said it was $15 off (even though it wasn't a playset.)  I grabbed one for myself and took a picture of the sale sticker with my phone.  Got to the register, and as expected, Aladdin/Jasmine didn't ring up on sale.  But I showed him the picture, someone went back and checked if it was misadvertised, and they adjusted the price for me.

I ended up finishing off my Series 1, 2, and TRU collection.  Missing seven discs now from Series 3.  Ended up with 18 dupes.  Still nice to finish up what I could.  Hopefully they'll have something like this again where I might be able to get my missing Series 3 discs.

I only got $13 worth of power discs at store number one. Another guy beat me to it. I struck up a conversation and he was really nice. He is definitely a big Disney Infinity fan. I'm so thankful he saved me some. I think I only got series 2 and 3 and the TRU exclusives, but that's all I need. My store only had 5 of the skus for the TRU exclusives as well. I think I got a couple extra of each just in case. This guy and I left probably over 100 of the TRU exclusives on the shelf after we went through all of the skus and realized they were all the same lenticulars.

I hit up another store and they had a limit of 16. I wondered why they had several hundred left on the shelf. Apparently some guy came in early in the morning and took all of the hooks off of the shelves and dumped them all in his cart. He just ditched the cart when they told him that he couldn't buy them all. All of the employees were still talking about it. I'm pretty thankful now that they had this limit because I would have been empty handed at this store if they didn't.

I didn't get there until it was close to noon though and they had a shitload still. They maybe should have made the limit an even 40 or $10 and still would have had plenty left over. Oh well. I'm just happy to get anything. I'll be contributing to the trading thread as well I'm sure in the upcoming weeks. I still have so many duplicates from the $1 sale a while back.

So I made out with $17 out of pocket... and used a $5 certificate. I can't wait to see what I got. I definitely over bought series 2 to make sure I complete my collection. I will probably still be missing a lenticular or two knowing my luck. I think they all get picked through in my area. At least that's what I noticed during the $1 sale.

At ToysRUs:

Buy 1 Get 1 40% off on figures and accessories

Disney Infinity (1.0 Edition) Power Disc Silver Packs 5 for $5

From an email received overnight.  Prices valid 3-8 thru 3-14.  Notice that "silver" packs are specified.  I didn't get to hit the awesome sale yesterday so I might swing by today and see what they have.  We haven't gotten much series 3 so I might pick some as this is still a big discount.  We need a few gold packs, too, so it's too bad they were included when I couldn't go and not this sale.

May not matter, some friends went to TRU yesterday and say they got there right at 9am, but they said there were absolutely NO DI 1.0 disc packs at the store at all.  They were convinced employees took them all.

At ToysRUs:

Buy 1 Get 1 40% off on figures and accessories

Disney Infinity (1.0 Edition) Power Disc Silver Packs 5 for $5

From an email received overnight. Prices valid 3-8 thru 3-14. Notice that "silver" packs are specified. I didn't get to hit the awesome sale yesterday so I might swing by today and see what they have. We haven't gotten much series 3 so I might pick some as this is still a big discount. We need a few gold packs, too, so it's too bad they were included when I couldn't go and not this sale.

May not matter, some friends went to TRU yesterday and say they got there right at 9am, but they said there were absolutely NO DI 1.0 disc packs at the store at all. They were convinced employees took them all.
I hit up the last $1 sale and the awesome sale yesterday and I'm still tempted to go buy more series 2 discs. I literally have 15+ copies of some of the same series 2 discs yet I'm still missing Ralph's Power of Destruction and Jolly Roger. If I was a parent buying these full price and my kid still didn't have a complete collection I would probably be really angry. I pretty much have duplicates of everything else. I haven't gone through the gold packs yet, but I think those are only series 1 commons and the TRU exclusives.

Do I have bad luck or is this just how it is?

I hit up the last $1 sale and the awesome sale yesterday and I'm still tempted to go buy more series 2 discs. I literally have 15+ copies of some of the same series 2 discs yet I'm still missing Ralph's Power of Destruction and Jolly Roger. If I was a parent buying these full price and my kid still didn't have a complete collection I would probably be really angry. I pretty much have duplicates of everything else. I haven't gone through the gold packs yet, but I think those are only series 1 commons and the TRU exclusives.

Totally agree. I needed like 12 discs to finish up series 1-3. Out of the 50 something packs I bought on friday, I returned 24 because of dupes. Out of the ones I kept, I still need like 6 or 7 to complete the sets. A few of those packs I kept I mistakenly opened even though I didn't need them. But yeah, in the end, I bought 50 something packs and got around 5 or 6 that were useful to me. It's so freaking terrible and really sets you up for failure if you're someone who doesn't know how to scan the packs.

I seriously have like 8 of the Electric Mayhem Muppets Bus. And it's a rare! Funny thing, half of them were packaged with the same exact disc - one of the Frankenweenie ones.

Totally agree. I needed like 12 discs to finish up series 1-3. Out of the 50 something packs I bought on friday, I returned 24 because of dupes. Out of the ones I kept, I still need like 6 or 7 to complete the sets. A few of those packs I kept I mistakenly opened even though I didn't need them. But yeah, in the end, I bought 50 something packs and got around 5 or 6 that were useful to me. It's so freaking terrible and really sets you up for failure if you're someone who doesn't know how to scan the packs.

I seriously have like 8 of the Electric Mayhem Muppets Bus. And it's a rare! Funny thing, half of them were packaged with the same exact disc - one of the Frankenweenie ones.

bread's done
Back