Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Toysrus.com has a 'special offer' of 5 power disc packs for $10 right now. No signs in the local store and the discount didn't ring up at the register. But, they price matched and manually changed the prices to $2 each.
Where are you seeing this? Can you provide a link? I've looked on each product page and dont see that deal and it doesnt apply any discount on checkout. Thanks.

Where are you seeing this? Can you provide a link? I've looked on each product page and dont see that deal and it doesnt apply any discount on checkout. Thanks.
Looks like it was a weekend-only deal, the special offer isn't showing on toysrus.com anymore. Sorry.

Did some deal happen today with starter packs? I was in BestBuy and there was a lady in there scanning all the starter packs. She than loaded every copy (all systems) into her cart. 

Best Buy has both of the Disney Infinity 2.0 Game Guides on sale for $4.99 each right now.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-infinity-disney-originals-2-0-edition-game-guide/9465127.p?id=1219418155711&skuId=9465127

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-infinity-marvel-super-heroes-2-0-edition-game-guide-xbox-onexbox-360playstation-4playstation-3nintendo-wii-u/8447531.p?id=1219334544176&skuId=8447531

Considering picking them up, but I'm not sure how much overall value they will give me. Is there anyone that has already bought them that can tell me if it's worth $4.99 each or not? :)

Best Buy has both of the Disney Infinity 2.0 Game Guides on sale for $4.99 each right now.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-infinity-disney-originals-2-0-edition-game-guide/9465127.p?id=1219418155711&skuId=9465127

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-infinity-marvel-super-heroes-2-0-edition-game-guide-xbox-onexbox-360playstation-4playstation-3nintendo-wii-u/8447531.p?id=1219334544176&skuId=8447531

Considering picking them up, but I'm not sure how much overall value they will give me. Is there anyone that has already bought them that can tell me if it's worth $4.99 each or not? :)
Isn't it the same guide, just with a different cover?

*edit* - so the Marvel one covers the Marvel characters (and, I'm assuming, Marvel playsets - Avengers, Spidey, GOTG) and the Disney Originals one covers the Originals mission discs and 1.0? Mmhmm.

Probably depends on what you're going to use Disney Infinity for - mission discs, playsets, toybox mode, etc.

gohastings.com has Drax and Hawkeye for $3.50 each (comes to about $12 total with shipping).

They also have the Spider-Man set for under $9, though only in-store pickup is available.

http://www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/Disney-Infinity-20-Edition-Marvel-Super-Heroes-Marvels-Spider-Man/sku/294496235.uts
Do you happen to know if these prices are available in store also? I have a Hastings a few miles away... it would be nice to get them for 3.50 and skip the shipping

disneystore.com is having their Twice Upon a Year Sale, they have the starter packs (Marvel and Toy Box) for $29.99, play sets (only see the 2.0 ones) for $14.99, figures for $8.99, and power disc packs for $2.99.  If you use the code extra20, you can save 20% on sale items.  You can also get free shipping if you spend over $75 after the 20% off with the code shipmagic.  It could be a decent deal if someone needs to order quite a bit, without free shipping the extra 20% offsets the shipping costs for the most part.

My local Walmart had all the disney infinity 2.0 and regula starter packs clearances out to 10 bucks!! I wanted the marvel one but no ps3 was left in stock just the ps4 and xbone

Recent email from Disney advertises Star Wars Rebels as figures as unlockable for use in all Star Wars sets, so the rumors of cross-playset compatibility for all characters looks to be true, though they'll likely still be restricted by universe, so it appears Luke Skywalker and Captain America will not be fighting side-by-side in a playset. 

Ok was probably Black Friday sale. Tempted to just bite on the $32 price right now at best buy with my 4x coupon since I have nothing else I need right now.
Yep, it was BF + BB GCU. That's when I picked it up. That's what I usually do with the DI games, but not 3.0. I'm a huge SW fan and I need to play that!

Yep, it was BF + BB GCU. That's when I picked it up. That's what I usually do with the DI games, but not 3.0. I'm a huge SW fan and I need to play that!
Fortunately I got 3.0 during that glitch a while back so it's almost like Black Friday pricing lol.

Edit: ok I jumped on the infinty wagon and grabbed the marvel 2.0 set for ps4 today. Can someone explain to me how all this works? Like play sets discs power discs etc please

Hey guys my son just got an Xbox One for his birthday this weekend and was wondering if the Xbox 360 base we already have will work with the Xbox One? Thanks

Nevermind - found my answer

Fortunately I got 3.0 during that glitch a while back so it's almost like Black Friday pricing lol.

Edit: ok I jumped on the infinty wagon and grabbed the marvel 2.0 set for ps4 today. Can someone explain to me how all this works? Like play sets discs power discs etc please
Anyone?

Hey guys my son just got an Xbox One for his birthday this weekend and was wondering if the Xbox 360 base we already have will work with the Xbox One? Thanks

Nevermind - found my answer
When I upgraded to the XB1 I went to Gamestop and bought a used XB1 base ($5) and disc ($15).

Since no one posted it but looks like ps4 is getting a limited edition starter set. Not sure if all first runs are the limited or if it has to be specifically pre ordered.

Since no one posted it but looks like ps4 is getting a limited edition starter set. Not sure if all first runs are the limited or if it has to be specifically pre ordered.
I doubt this cash grab will be limited, as it sounds like there's nothing limited or exclusive in it; they're just holding the original trilogy playset and Boba Fett figure hostage to try and force people to buy them bundled with the starter at full MSRP. (Also, too bad if you're not a PS owner - I happen to be one.) When you look at how poorly playsets and even the massive 2.0 collector's box held their value, having to buy more of them at MSRP is not a positive.

According to IGN, the Star Wars Saga Starter Pack will have an MSRP of $114.99.

This starter pack will include the following:
  • 1 Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Game Disc
  • 1 Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Play Set piece and 1 Star Wars Rise Against the Empire Play Set Piece
  • 1 Ahsoka Tano figure, 1 Anakin Skywalker figure, 1 Luke Skywalker figure, 1 Princess Leia figure and 1 Boba Fett figure, with Web Code Cards for each figure and/or Play Set
  • 1 Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Base
I imagine it will also include the Toy Box Takeover Expansion Game, which is included as a pre-order bonus for all of the regular Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter Pack pre-orders.

I think I'll pre-order the limited edition myself as it will only cost about $7 or so more, including GCU taxes, for early access to the Rise Against the Empire Play Set and the Boba Fett figure. I kinda hate that I'm going to be paying even more but I suppose I'm in this deep, why not $7 or so more for early access? Haha.

• 1 Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Play Set piece and 1 Star Wars Rise Against the Empire Play Set Piece
  • 1 Ahsoka Tano figure, 1 Anakin Skywalker figure, 1 Luke Skywalker figure, 1 Princess Leia figure and 1 Boba Fett figure, with Web Code Cards for each figure and/or Play Set
I imagine it will also include the Toy Box Takeover Expansion Game, which is included as a pre-order bonus for all of the regular Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter Pack pre-orders.

I think I'll pre-order the limited edition myself as it will only cost about $7 or so more, including taxes, for early access to the Rise Against the Empire Play Set and the Boba Fett figure. I kinda hate that I'm going to be paying even more but I suppose I'm in this deep, why not $7 or so more for early access? Haha.
It'll be more palatable with GCU. Is it up for preorder anywhere yet?

I think I'll pre-order the limited edition myself as it will only cost about $7 or so more, including GCU taxes, for early access to the Rise Against the Empire Play Set and the Boba Fett figure. I kinda hate that I'm going to be paying even more but I suppose I'm in this deep, why not $7 or so more for early access? Haha.
Sounds like a good deal but with me getting the regular starter set at $30 due to that glitch idk if I want to pay all the extra amount or just wait for them to be released individually later.

Went to an Inside Out screening last night hosted by the Disney Infinity team.  Received the Infinity Inside Out playset as a freebie!  The kids are excited.

Everybody not waiting for Black Friday, turn in your CAG cards. :p
This may or may not be true due to the ridiculous $20 MSRP on the Toy Box Takeover disc - otherwise known as the only professionally generated content that actually supports any of the figures from 2.0 at the 3.0 launch.

Preorder with GCU: $51 cash for the starter ($65) and free pre-order bonus disc, and 500 bonus points (plus the points for the purchase)

Starter ($65) Plus Disc ($20) at 50% off (which may or may not be true at BB on Black Friday) with GCU: $34, no bonus points (but plus the points for the purchase)

So you'll be waiting at least three months if the game is out in late August as rumored, and you'll be saving $7 (or up to $17 if you value reward points at less than even money). Only there's no guarantee they're actually going to offer 50% off of the starter and the game disc for Black Friday, so you could be waiting even longer. I'm not sold yet but I don't think the regular edition is entirely out of the question. If you don't pre-order, though, it does become Black Friday or Bust unless you just don't like money, which is sad.

Every time a bunch of new Amiibo gets announced I get the sudden urge to list all my Disney Infinity stuff on eBay. :( I love collecting the Disney figures and I love collecting Amiibo but at some point that's just too much wasted money and not enough space to store them. Ugh. I'll be quietly hating myself in the corner if you need me.

The saga edition is up on Amazon. This will be one of my first msrp infinity purchases in a long time.

Some of the single figures up too. I don't see Maul or Vader so that's a bit disappointing.

The saga edition is up on Amazon. This will be one of my first msrp infinity purchases in a long time.

Some of the single figures up too. I don't see Maul or Vader so that's a bit disappointing.
Any word if this is retailer exclusive? I play on Xbox One, but I'm a huge Boba Fett fan, so I will likely purchase this pack for the bonuses and sell off the PS4 game, but it would be even better to get it from Best Buy w/ GCU.

Any word if this is retailer exclusive? I play on Xbox One, but I'm a huge Boba Fett fan, so I will likely purchase this pack for the bonuses and sell off the PS4 game, but it would be even better to get it from Best Buy w/ GCU.
It shouldn't be. Especially since we already have a retailer exclusive list of figures.

Fear - Amazon
Mulan - Best Buy
Wren - Target
Zeb - Gamestop

That's probably the sugar rush track. I'm not a fan of this paying extra for toy box games approach.

Speaking of toy box discs if you're preordering the saga pack from Amazon would you kindly join me and take a minute and email them about making the bonus offer available for it? Thanks.

Since we don't need to buy a new base if we have the 2.0 base, will there be a stand alone game to buy? I haven't seen anything like that for preorder anywhere.

There will be a digital download on day one in place of a stand-alone game disc (except in England and Ireland for whatever reason).  I'm not aware if it's possible to pre-order it or not, but there's no benefit to doing so because it is confirmed that the download won't come with anything physical such as the MSRP $20 toy box disc for pre-ordering the starter box. 

bread's done
Back