Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol @ Randall being the rare and sought after one. I never would have imagined it but they must have produced far less of him than the others. I'm guessing Violet is still regarded as "rare" also, at least relatively speaking.

Was this the price instore as well?
DCPI is 207-30-8883. I scored 9 copies total. If your local B&M store has the signage they will honor it. DO NOT call ahead to increase your chance of getting the PM! From yesterday's experience, a few stores have caught on their own typo of their signage as most haven't gotten the memo. Signage expires on 7/25.

Target has a $29.99 promo regardless of gaming platform until Saturday for both the Marvel Super Heroes Starter Pack and the Toy Box Starter Pack. Some deals are better at BB, some deals are better at Target.

Was tempted to pick up Aladdin for $6.99, but then I realized he's a Toy Box only character. It's quite unfortunate that they can only play in toy boxes only. This is what's preventing me from getting excited about 3.0 with Star Wars.

Was tempted to pick up Aladdin for $6.99, but then I realized he's a Toy Box only character. It's quite unfortunate that they can only play in toy boxes only. This is what's preventing me from getting excited about 3.0 with Star Wars.
Toy Box only characters are a bummer but from what I understand all Star Wars characters will work in all Star Wars playsets. This doesn't apply to the many 1.0 and 2.0 characters but it seems that they are listening to the community with 3.0.

Toy Box only characters are a bummer but from what I understand all Star Wars characters will work in all Star Wars playsets. This doesn't apply to the many 1.0 and 2.0 characters but it seems that they are listening to the community with 3.0.
The Toy Box is supposed to receive some major updates in 3.0, and the toy box adventure discs for that edition look really promising this time around.

Disney seems to be doing a online poll of which Disney characters should fans want most. I clicked on Darkwing Duck since people seem to want him. However the results look wacky on some characters percentage to a point were I think the poll is being attacked by bots or something because the % dont make sense lol

http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/2015/07/23/you-get-to-choose-the-next-disney-infinity-character/

lets see how long the poll last before Disney removes it for being hacked lol
Pretty sure the crazy percentages are divide by zero errors because no one has voted on those characters.

Disney seems to be doing a online poll of which Disney characters should fans want most. I clicked on Darkwing Duck since people seem to want him. However the results look wacky on some characters percentage to a point were I think the poll is being attacked by bots or something because the % dont make sense lol

http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/2015/07/23/you-get-to-choose-the-next-disney-infinity-character/

lets see how long the poll last before Disney removes it for being hacked lol
Darkwing is the ONLY correct answer here. I was so sad when I heard they wanted to make him for 2.0 but didn't, and then he was rejected for 3.0, too. I need this figure. I NEED IT!!

You guys are crazy, Baloo is the one and only answer
Not according to the results. Mabel from who-the-hell-knows-what has more votes than all the rest combined. Darkwing is a distant second. Does the inclusion of Beast and Dori mean four-legged and fish are confirmed for the next installment?

Has anyone heard how much the current-gen versions of Disney Infinity 3.0 are superior to the PS3/X360 versions? I wanted to take advantage of the free Toybox Takeover disc with pre-order, but only own a 360 right now, and fear I'll be locked out of a lot of the Toybox creations, and get truncated levels because the 360 isn't capable of displaying as large of worlds as the newer systems. 

Does the inclusion of Beast and Dori mean four-legged and fish are confirmed for the next installment?
There was a comment at last year's toy box summit that these kinds of characters would have to come out in a playset due to the added time to implement them, preferably connected to a new movie. There was either an explicit or strong hint towards Finding Dory next year. In practical terms, non-bipedal characters are probably the biggest omission left for them to implement. So I wouldn't say it's been absolutely confirmed, but I'd be surprised if it didn't happen.

Looks like JV's comments about how they use polls like this to set the lineup poisoned the well for this one. Gravity Falls fans are very vocal but there is zero evidence they represent such an overwhelming majority. Maybe they plan to put someone on removing duplicate votes... or maybe the answer is actually "all of them" anyway and they're just using the poll to build DI hype among fans of all these characters who won't be in DI for at least another year and try to sell them 3.0.

uhm.. Gravity Falls is a show I hear mentioned and praised a lot.. I've never seen it but I don't find it unbelievable that it's got so much popularity..(My vote is for Darkwing though! or a random Labyrinth goblin..)

Who the hell is Mabel and how is she crushing the competition?
Do yourself a favor and check out Gravity Falls - it's one of the best cartoons on TV right now, far superior to Adventure Time or Steven Universe. Sadly, Disney Channel has been treating it very poorly, showing new episodes on an incredibly erratic schedule.

I'm really surprised Goofy is getting so little support from the community right now. He's the only missing musketeer and seems like it's an easy decision to put him in the game. Goofy, Ant Man and Vision are the only characters remaining that I feel like must be included in 3.0 or it would be a rather big letdown.

Also, when it comes to the poll, it's completely broken right now. When it was working correctly earlier, Darkwing Duck was in the lead at 20% with Mabel at 12% and couple of others were at 10%. I wouldn't worry about it as Darkwing Duck will most likely get in the game with all of the support he's getting.

One disappointing thing about the list is that Peter Pan and Captain Hook are on it. Rather than making one of them Neverland should be a playset. Works for them, Tinkerbell and any other fairies they want to make. With the variety of locals within Neverland it would be a fantastic playset.

Darkwing is the ONLY correct answer here. I was so sad when I heard they wanted to make him for 2.0 but didn't, and then he was rejected for 3.0, too. I need this figure. I NEED IT!!
I'd also take Wall-E or Robin Hood, but Darkwing is definitely tops on my list. A DW playset would be even better!

So is it worth getting some of the figures on sale at BB if I'm starting with 3.0? They would at least work in the Toy Box mode right?
So is it worth getting some of the figures on sale at BB if I'm starting with 3.0? They would at least work in the Toy Box mode right?
All figures will work in the toy box. The Marvel figures will also work in the 3.0 Marvel playset.

Awesome, thanks. Any particular figures you recommend? Was looking at Cap, Nick Fury, and Thor to start with.
If you could only buy one, make it Thor. He's got strength, range, and can fly (an essential requirement in Avengers playset, as lots of missions feature enemies that must be eliminated at the top of otherwise inaccessible buildings. Iron Fist is another good, fun character I'd recommend, though he has a charge attack as his range, with no shooting ability whatsoever, but that is in keeping with the character. Nick Fury is decent, not great, and Hawkeye is boring, but useful.

Toysrus Have All the Disney Infinity 1.0 Starter Packs on Sale for 19.99. Plus Buy 2 Get 2 Free on the Toyrus Exclusive Crystal Figures.

Tron (from the original 1982 movie) was not on the list, so it's a flawed poll to begin with.
"I fight for the users!" - Tron

I'm not for sure if this has been answered or not ( can't find the answer anywhere else so I'm coming to y'all) Does the base from the ps3/ps4 version of this game work on the vita? Nothing against buying new, but I can get a used copy of the game for about $17 at gamestop and right around the corner at game xchange they're selling the base alone for like $3 and figures for $6 so that would save a lot of money, but the base portion is what's keeping me from buying one. Also any good recommendations for getting characters and toy box stuff to start out with

I'm not for sure if this has been answered or not ( can't find the answer anywhere else so I'm coming to y'all) Does the base from the ps3/ps4 version of this game work on the vita? Nothing against buying new, but I can get a used copy of the game for about $17 at gamestop and right around the corner at game xchange they're selling the base alone for like $3 and figures for $6 so that would save a lot of money, but the base portion is what's keeping me from buying one. Also any good recommendations for getting characters and toy box stuff to start out with
Negative. Vita version uses Bluetooth, while the PS3/PS4 version is USB.

thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll be better off buying it on amazon since it's only $2 more, I figured I'd try and bite the bullet and get it locally instead

right around the corner at game xchange they're selling the base alone for like $3 and figures for $6 so that would save a lot of money, but the base portion is what's keeping me from buying one. Also any good recommendations for getting characters and toy box stuff to start out with
They're selling Black Spider-Man for $6? Man, if I've got one of those near me, I've got to check it out.

Saw a bunch of figures clearanced out at Sam's Club. Rocket was $2.50ish and the rest were $6.50ish. Playsets were $20. It looked to be the first wave of 2.0 but I didn't scan any to be sure

I'm having trouble finding the cheapest place that will let me pre-order 3.0, include toybox takeover, and send to the usvi. Walmart, Gamestop, and Amazon all won't let me pre-order it.

Have they announced if the digital versions will be available the same day? I'm buying the saga pack for PS4 (because I want the Rise Against the Empire a month early and Boba Fett a few months early), but we have 1.0 and 2.0 for X360 which is where I play it with my daughter so I'd like to have both versions.

So how do I buy this game if I already have 2.0 set? Is there a cheaper option since I already have a base?
IMO not really. You can buy the game digital for I believe $30, maybe $35, not sure exactly if they announced a firm price. Then get the Republic playset for $35 ($28 with GCU). So you're saving maybe $5 buying digital. But you also won't get the $10 rewards at Best Buy nor the Toybox Takeover Pre-order bonus. So in reality it's more expensive. Unless you have no interest in the SW stuff.

I think it's United States Virgin Islands
That is correct, I moved here recently and there are no good game stores on my island, St. Croix, so far I've gotten a few games used on Amazon but Prime isn't supported here and Amazon wants to charge $10-$15 per item shipped here regardless of total purchase cost. Gamestop refuses to ship here at all, Walmart it depends on the product, I was checking it out and it looks like Bestbuy may be willing to ship here.

Unless I'm missing it somewhere, Target has very little 1.0 and 2.0 stuff on their website anymore leaving little chance to pm the site and use cartwheel.  It's mostly starter sets.

Ordered the CE PS4 version. Boba Fett and the orignal triology playset whatever it's called sold it for me. I have a ton of Boba Fett stuff so only makes since.

So I'm kind of a Di newbie but I preordered the 3.0 starter pack during that Best Buy glitch. Is Boba Fett going to be available separately at all or is he only in that saga bundle?

bread's done
Back