Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Feeling kinda conflicted about picking up 3.0. I love Star Wars, but not the biggest fan of DI in and of itself, I thought 2.0 was an improvement in some ways, but kinda lackluster overall. I feel like a free extra figure as a preorder bonus would be nice like they did with 2.0, but I'm not as thrilled with this "Toy Box Takeover" thing. Plus the Star Wars thing would be more for me than my daughter, as she isn't really into SW as much. If I got her the Inside Out playset she would probably play it, just not sure it's truly worth it this time around.  

I'm going for the ps4 saga bundle and buying the digital base game for X1.   I would have waited for the it all to come to X1 but I must have Boba before next year.

Thought I'd do 2.0 and several figures as DD (8) christmas gift since the cart wheel was 50% off.

I got tink, donald, aladdin, thor, baymax, hiro, anna, and elsa for about 4.50 each after price match and cart wheel.

Also got the ralph and vanelope pack and the iron man and black widow pack for 12 after cartwheel and price match

got wii u version of the game for 16$ after price match and cart wheel

Also got the marvel levels disc things for 7$ after price match and cart wheel. Should make her happy. we don't have any tv so she doesn't see much for advertisements and i don't think she will really know the difference she has been begging for it since 1.0 started. seemed a decent deal to me.

note, i went to 3 different targets to find everything, got 4 items at each target and a bit of fluff items so it wasn't just the infinity stuff (tooth paste, deodorant, etc.). Was never questioned about price matching while using cartwheel anywhere. Added bonus they had star bucks iced k cups for 7.50 a pack on clearance and a 50% off cart wheel on that too so 16 k cups for 3.75 got 3 boxes of those too :)

If I bought the saga edition I would never play the Clone Wars stuff, so regular edition for me. That way I will play through that set by the time the Original Trilogy stuff is released. Better bang for my $ this way. Not sure if I will go for Inside Out though, enjoyed the movie, but Disney have so many properties that lend themselves better to DI than that, and I don't really want to support Disney's short sighted marketing plans for these games.

If I bought the saga edition I would never play the Clone Wars stuff, so regular edition for me. That way I will play through that set by the time the Original Trilogy stuff is released. Better bang for my $ this way. Not sure if I will go for Inside Out though, enjoyed the movie, but Disney have so many properties that lend themselves better to DI than that, and I don't really want to support Disney's short sighted marketing plans for these games.
Yeah, going with the regular edition seems like a smart move. Like you said, gives you time to play through the Playset that comes with the Starter Pack.

I disagree strongly with the statement about Inside Out though. I was extremely unsure about it as well, but then I saw some game play and played a level myself at E3. They did an unbelievably great job with it and it will a nice change from the regular Playsets Disney Infinity is known for. Not counting whatever Marvel-related stuff they will eventually announce, I actually find myself looking forward to playing through the Inside Out Playset more than anything else.

That's just my opinion though; if you didn't enjoy the movie, the Playset might not be for you. It's one of my favorite movies ever, so I might be a little biased, lol.

Thought I'd do 2.0 and several figures as DD (8) christmas gift since the cart wheel was 50% off.

I got tink, donald, aladdin, thor, baymax, hiro, anna, and elsa for about 4.50 each after price match and cart wheel.

Also got the ralph and vanelope pack and the iron man and black widow pack for 12 after cartwheel and price match

got wii u version of the game for 16$ after price match and cart wheel

Also got the marvel levels disc things for 7$ after price match and cart wheel. Should make her happy. we don't have any tv so she doesn't see much for advertisements and i don't think she will really know the difference she has been begging for it since 1.0 started. seemed a decent deal to me.

note, i went to 3 different targets to find everything, got 4 items at each target and a bit of fluff items so it wasn't just the infinity stuff (tooth paste, deodorant, etc.). Was never questioned about price matching while using cartwheel anywhere. Added bonus they had star bucks iced k cups for 7.50 a pack on clearance and a 50% off cart wheel on that too so 16 k cups for 3.75 got 3 boxes of those too :)
What store did you price match to? I'm thinking of getting in on some figures and wanna lower the price.

a mix of best buy, amazon, and walmart. googled each figure at each store on my phone and left up the page with lowest price, opened new tab, same and went to register and showed the item with the pre opened tab. Only one target even checked the prices. The other 2 just looked at the phone and rang them up. Worth noting I am a 30 something mommy type and don't fit the typical gamer mode so I find I am able to get deals young or middle aged males can not... including getting Toys R Us to swtich out buy 2 get one free games with new releases that were released after the sale....... evil manipulation  O:)

a mix of best buy, amazon, and walmart. googled each figure at each store on my phone and left up the page with lowest price, opened new tab, same and went to register and showed the item with the pre opened tab. Only one target even checked the prices. The other 2 just looked at the phone and rang them up. Worth noting I am a 30 something mommy type and don't fit the typical gamer mode so I find I am able to get deals young or middle aged males can not... including getting Toys R Us to swtich out buy 2 get one free games with new releases that were released after the sale....... evil manipulation O:)
LOL Ok thanks, I guess if I go I'll take my Fiancee and/or daughter with me to help out!

Just found out this deal yesterday. If you have the cartwheel app for target. They have a 50% coupon for most of the infinity items. I picked up 2 figures for $15. Coupon is good for 4 items per transaction. Sale ends this Saturday.

Anyone here able to get the toysrus deal or mistake about 2 weeks ago? I never got a cancel email so I hope they kept my order. It was the Star Wars starter set for $40.

I ended up ordering all the store specific exclusive figures I just hope to have the game to use them lol

Anyone here able to get the toysrus deal or mistake about 2 weeks ago? I never got a cancel email so I hope they kept my order. It was the Star Wars starter set for $40.

I ended up ordering all the store specific exclusive figures I just hope to have the game to use them lol
I kinda did. I called best buy and got it matched. So I will get the game, toy box takeover preorder bonus, and the $10 in rewards for $40.

Will the Playset pieces from past games unlock stuff in the toy box 3.0?
The only thing you can't use with 3.0 are the playsets (like the Spider-Man, Avengers, and Guardians of the Galaxy levels unlock toys, aka clear toys from 2.0 and 1.0.

All the figures and power discs will work in 3.0

EDIT: Oh I misread what you asked. I personally don't know but it seems TheFreak does.

On the fence about getting the full Star Wars bundle vs the regular bundle. I did the calculations and it's just like buying all the figures at one time and getting it a month early, and getting bobba fett 5 months early. Anyone here picking up the mega bundle?

Yep. And the Xbox One starter pack since I don't have a Playstation. As a huge SW fan, I can't wait to play the OT play set and Boba Fett is my favorite character, so I'll sell off the PS4 starter pack somehow.

Yep. And the Xbox One starter pack since I don't have a Playstation. As a huge SW fan, I can't wait to play the OT play set and Boba Fett is my favorite character, so I'll sell off the PS4 starter pack somehow.
Same here, I'm getting the PS4 saga bundle. Then buying the digital 3.0 game for x1, I will also try to sell the ps4 base game locally as trade value seem to be near $0. I'm paying more out of pocket but it would knag me knowing I could be using Boba.

My plan is to upgrade to an X1 for Christmas, so there's really no rush for me to get the 3.0 set until then when it'll hopefully be 50% off by then for Black Friday. I can wait. In the meantime I've been saving the Guardians of the Galaxy set from 2.0 for my son's upcoming 10th birthday at the end of this month. 

DI newb question.

So it is impossible to play Pirates Playset (or Lone Ranger playset) if you only own a XBOX One/PS4?

And the only way to play the GotG playset if you are an XBOX One/PS4 owner is if you own the 2.0 software?

So playset specific adventures are pretty much the only thing that aren't backwards compatible?

And the only person this link serves is someone who buys the 3.0 game digitially?  How would this serve a purpose without 3.0 software?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-interactive-studios-disney-infinity-3-0-edition-star-wars-twilight-of-the-republic-play-set-multi/9336027.p?id=1219702983325&skuId=9336027

DI newb question.

So it is impossible to play Pirates Playset (or Lone Ranger playset) if you only own a XBOX One/PS4?

And the only way to play the GotG playset if you are an XBOX One/PS4 owner is if you own the 2.0 software?

So playset specific adventures are pretty much the only thing that aren't backwards compatible?
Correct

DI newb question.

And the only person this link serves is someone who buys the 3.0 game digitially? How would this serve a purpose without 3.0 software?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-interactive-studios-disney-infinity-3-0-edition-star-wars-twilight-of-the-republic-play-set-multi/9336027.p?id=1219702983325&skuId=9336027
https://infinity.disney.com/en-gb/compatibility

Technically I suppose. Or those who buy the game used. Or for those who really like Anakin and Ahsoka...
Thanks. Just trying to understand the purpose if it can't work without the retail 3.0 game.

Think I'm going to jump on board with this, just sucks I can't play pirates or Lone Ranger being a ps4/Xbox one guy.

Thanks. Just trying to understand the purpose if it can't work without the retail 3.0 game.

Think I'm going to jump on board with this, just sucks I can't play pirates or Lone Ranger being a ps4/Xbox one guy.
If you have an XBOX One I suppose the 1.0 game may be backwards compatible with the new update. I don't have ab XB1 so I didn't look into the list of games it works with.

Yeah, until they release information about the digital pricing, it seems to be likely that that particular set is only of value if you only want to play Clone Wars or need to space out the expenditure for 3.0.

Even if the digital version is $20, between the $35 Clone Wars set and the free $20 Toy Box Takeover for pre-ordering, you are already paying $10 extra for less (even if you don't need the disc or base, they have value). And that is without any loyalty programs/discounts like GCU that would apply to the physical game and not the digital.

Supposedly there will be more information next Sunday at the Disney Interactive panel at the D23 Expo in Anaheim.

I'm hoping for some kind of 'free-ish' way to get the digital version on Xbox One when buying on another platform or proof of previous versions. At this point, it's not worth it to me for a digital upcharge to get Fett early with a Playstation version, regardless of his backpack jets or sports car financing.

Thanks for all the info, fellas. 

Going to go the GCU route and just get the basic set and see if I even like it before going all in on figures for the Toy Box.  

Looks like a 2.0 copy is sealed on ebay for $13 so that is no biggie to get the GotG after that.  

They already confirmed the digital 3.0 will be $30 via twitter.
Huh. I eventually found that, but it certainly didn't show up in my earlier searches. Thanks.

Guess they didn't want to make it obvious that buying the digital version is pretty much price gouging at face value. But, having worked for the company in some form or another for twenty years, I am certainly not surprised.

If you have an XBOX One I suppose the 1.0 game may be backwards compatible with the new update. I don't have ab XB1 so I didn't look into the list of games it works with.
Sorry. They've said no games that have external hardware would be an option for backwards compatibility. So no Rock Band, Skylanders, Disney Infinity, etc.

Does anyone have a guess as to how much Boba Fett will sell on eBay? I'm thinking about getting the ps4 bundle because Leia is one of my childhood icons and I'd love to have her when the game comes out, but I have no need for Boba and as an exclusive I'm wondering if financially it'll be more feasible to get the bundle and sell Boba and the ps4 copy of the game since I play on xb1. I'm just worried that I'll end up paying more than I should just for one character, since I'll have to get the digital copy for $30 too.

Does anyone have a guess as to how much Boba Fett will sell on eBay? I'm thinking about getting the ps4 bundle because Leia is one of my childhood icons and I'd love to have her when the game comes out, but I have no need for Boba and as an exclusive I'm wondering if financially it'll be more feasible to get the bundle and sell Boba and the ps4 copy of the game since I play on xb1. I'm just worried that I'll end up paying more than I should just for one character, since I'll have to get the digital copy for $30 too.
Considering the prices the Vita exclusive Spider-Man variant can get on eBay (neighborhood of $40) and the inability to get Fett outside of the $100+ bundle until January, you probably have a decent window to get at least a similar amount if you sell right away.

I'm guessing at least $50, probably closer to $75, for Boba Fett.  Thus......I'm not dealing with that nonsense and I bought the saga bundle. 

I happily bought the saga bundle with GCU and the $10 cert back. So glad it was a decent price compared to the $180 CE from last year.

I really want the Boba Fett figure but I honestly don't see it going for those high prices. I think it will get a premium for sure. But the difference between him and Black Suit Spider-Man are very different.

One, it was a Gamestop exclusive. Some people either didn't know it was, or didn't want to go to Gamestop. This is available at every retailer.

It was only for Vita. Thus a lot of people who wanted the figure could not even play it, and even those who could, myself included. The Vita is not an ideal place to play an interactive figure game.

Three, it released so late after 2.0 that most people didn't even know it came out. I was in a Gamestop, the one I purchased it at in fact, and a different employee was like "is it even out for the Vita?" and I showed him they have one for sale like 10 feet away.

Four, retail for the set is $60 and comes with the game, figure, base, and spider-man playset piece. As in my 2nd point, not only did they not have a Vita to play the game with (and the resale/trade value for it was also low) but it would cause them to have two of the Spider-Man playsets.

So there was a large number of valid reasons Spider-Man went for $40 on eBay. I think Boba Fett overall is less popular due to Marvel being huge and and Boba Fett being a minor character. Among Star Wars fans he is high on the list. I know he is my number one character, met the actor twice, etc etc. So I really want that figure, but due to it being at every retailer I don't see it going for more than $30 or so on eBay. But hey I could be very wrong. Who knows, those are just my reasons.

I can wait for January to get the Fett.
I am too. People who really want him will just buy the PS4/PS3 set, sell off the game for $10-20 and buy the digital game on XB1/360 for $30. Sure they'll be in the hole at that point by $10-20, but it's better then buying just the figure for $30+ and having to wait a week or two to get it in the mail. Plus they will also have Luke, Leia, and the Empire playset to use.

Not sure if mentioned, but bestbuy has just about everything for 1.0 and 2.0 on sale if there are still figures or playsets you are missing. The spiderman and GOTG playsets were $15.99 after GCU, figures were all $7.99 and power discs were $2.32.

I really want the Boba Fett figure but I honestly don't see it going for those high prices. I think it will get a premium for sure. But the difference between him and Black Suit Spider-Man are very different.

One, it was a Gamestop exclusive. Some people either didn't know it was, or didn't want to go to Gamestop. This is available at every retailer.

It was only for Vita. Thus a lot of people who wanted the figure could not even play it, and even those who could, myself included. The Vita is not an ideal place to play an interactive figure game.

Three, it released so late after 2.0 that most people didn't even know it came out. I was in a Gamestop, the one I purchased it at in fact, and a different employee was like "is it even out for the Vita?" and I showed him they have one for sale like 10 feet away.

Four, retail for the set is $60 and comes with the game, figure, base, and spider-man playset piece. As in my 2nd point, not only did they not have a Vita to play the game with (and the resale/trade value for it was also low) but it would cause them to have two of the Spider-Man playsets.

So there was a large number of valid reasons Spider-Man went for $40 on eBay. I think Boba Fett overall is less popular due to Marvel being huge and and Boba Fett being a minor character. Among Star Wars fans he is high on the list. I know he is my number one character, met the actor twice, etc etc. So I really want that figure, but due to it being at every retailer I don't see it going for more than $30 or so on eBay. But hey I could be very wrong. Who knows, those are just my reasons.
Simple, but enormous difference....SW people (like me) are rabid. The fan base for Boba Fett compared to Black clad Spiderman is huge. $75. Mark my words. We will see one go for at least $75, with the average selling price leveling out somewhere around $50.

Simple, but enormous difference....SW people (like me) are rabid. The fan base for Boba Fett compared to Black clad Spiderman is huge. $75. Mark my words. We will see one go for at least $75, with the average selling price leveling out somewhere around $50.
I am well aware of what Star Wars fans will do for stuff. I have a few hundred sealed figures, used to play all the card games, went to cons, etc etc etc. Even have a few vintage 77 figures sealed. The difference is though, Spider-Man is only available at one place. Boba Fett is available everywhere in a big bundle and everywhere a few months later. I know it'll go for a premium, but I find it hard to believe it'll go for more than $40 max. IMO. There will be stupid people, but the average I can't see more than $30-40.

I am well aware of what Star Wars fans will do for stuff. I have a few hundred sealed figures, used to play all the card games, went to cons, etc etc etc. Even have a few vintage 77 figures sealed. The difference is though, Spider-Man is only available at one place. Boba Fett is available everywhere in a big bundle and everywhere a few months later. I know it'll go for a premium, but I find it hard to believe it'll go for more than $40 max. IMO. There will be stupid people, but the average I can't see more than $30-40.
Just wait until January, it will be available as a stand alone figure then for regular retail price. Much better then getting ripped off on eBay to get it a few months early.

I think Boba Fett overall is less popular due to Marvel being huge and and Boba Fett being a minor character. Among Star Wars fans he is high on the list. I know he is my number one character, met the actor twice, etc etc. So I really want that figure, but due to it being at every retailer I don't see it going for more than $30 or so on eBay. But hey I could be very wrong. Who knows, those are just my reasons.
He's a minor character who made such an impression, he's almost as popular as the main stars, despite a total of maybe fifteen minutes (if even that) of screen time among Empire and Jedi. He even survived the mess Lucas made trying to retroactively turn him into a major player. He's also an independent character, not a variant.

I don't know though. Christmas will do funny things to people's brains when shopping for that item someone really wants and Fett won't be universally available until January...

We'll just have to wait and see. It's like predicting gas prices that far out. Who knows...

He's a minor character who made such an impression, he's almost as popular as the main stars, despite a total of maybe fifteen minutes (if even that) of screen time among Empire and Jedi. He even survived the mess Lucas made trying to retroactively turn him into a major player. He's also an independent character, not a variant.
I am well aware of Boba Fett....Jeremy Bulloch who also played Lieutenant Sheckil in The Empire Strikes Back, met the actor twice. Have numerous items signed, collect anything Boba Fett I can afford to buy. Etc etc. I know he is insanely popular, but he won't be hard to find or rare like Black Suit Spider-Man. He just will only be available for a few months in a more expensive bundle. I could be wrong, common sense rarely plays into people buying habits these days sadly.

If you want the bobba fett figure it's worth buying the bundle. Adding all the figures and playlets you get in the saga bundle and it will cost the same as buying it separately. Using the GCU discount brings it down to $90. You will get luke and Leia a month early and bobba fett 5 months early

bread's done
Back