Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want the bobba fett figure it's worth buying the bundle. Adding all the figures and playlets you get in the saga bundle and it will cost the same as buying it separately. Using the GCU discount brings it down to $90. You will get luke and Leia a month early and bobba fett 5 months early
Only if you think you want to buy everything at full price. Black Friday has consistently brought big markdowns on Infinity if you were planning on waiting till then.

Only if you think you want to buy everything at full price. Black Friday has consistently brought big markdowns on Infinity if you were planning on waiting till then.
This. I got into 2.0 a month and a half ago and I have 24 figures and the game on Vita and PS4 for about $150-175 total. I also have 3.0 pre-ordered for essentially $30+tax.

There are only 3 launch figures I want (Obi-Wan, Yoda, Sam Flynn) so I am going to wait until a B2G1 free sale OR $10 sale at Best Buy. Basically get them for $8 each. I am a huge SW fan, but I won't be paying retail for any of the figures. Including Boba Fett UNLESS he ends up becoming rare. Which I find hard to believe.

DI is one game that both my kids and I get excited for each year. We spend a ton of time in the toy box just goofing around. I have no issue paying the full GCU price on these. Add Star Wars to the mix and I am in on launch day. I think this game is a great bridge between the Clone Wars/Rebels fans of today with the original trilogy fans.

I was going to wait for Black Friday and hope for the deal that we got last year but they've been advertising the game a lot and my son is super excited because he loves Star Wars.

Between the GCU discount, the $10 Reward Zone certificate, having Luke, Leia and Boba Fett early plus the pre-order Toy Box Takeover bonus, it seems to be a pretty good deal.

It stinks that Han and Chewbacca and Darth Vader won't be out for a month after that as he will really want those but there should be enough to keep us busy until then especially since everyone will work in the Toy Box Takeover game.

It stings the wallet a little that Metal Gear Solid hits a few days later as I already have the collector's edition pre-ordered from Best Buy. Not sure if I'm going to keep that now or not.

I was going to wait for Black Friday and hope for the deal that we got last year but they've been advertising the game a lot and my son is super excited because he loves Star Wars.

Between the GCU discount, the $10 Reward Zone certificate, having Luke, Leia and Boba Fett early plus the pre-order Toy Box Takeover bonus, it seems to be a pretty good deal.

It stinks that Han and Chewbacca and Darth Vader won't be out for a month after that as he will really want those but there should be enough to keep us busy until then especially since everyone will work in the Toy Box Takeover game.

It stings the wallet a little that Metal Gear Solid hits a few days later as I already have the collector's edition pre-ordered from Best Buy. Not sure if I'm going to keep that now or not.
I would keep the MGS pre-order and tell your son he'll have to wait a week or two to get it if you can't afford both on day 1. By pre-ordering all you are doing is saving $10 and getting the toy box takeover for free. IMO you won't be able to find the MGS5 CE easily due to how Konami is doing things lately.

I would keep the MGS pre-order and tell your son he'll have to wait a week or two to get it if you can't afford both on day 1. By pre-ordering all you are doing is saving $10 and getting the toy box takeover for free. IMO you won't be able to find the MGS5 CE easily due to how Konami is doing things lately.
It's not a matter of not being able to afford it, it's more a matter of $200 in video games in two days that my wife won't be too happy about ha ha :) My birthday is in September though so I could always tell her MGS is my birthday present since she was asking what I wanted.

It's not a matter of not being able to afford it, it's more a matter of $200 in video games in two days that my wife won't be too happy about ha ha :) My birthday is in September though so I could always tell her MGS is my birthday present since she was asking what I wanted.
Remember it's better to ask for forgiveness then for permission.

Or if you prefer. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

If you want the bobba fett figure it's worth buying the bundle. Adding all the figures and playlets you get in the saga bundle and it will cost the same as buying it separately. Using the GCU discount brings it down to $90. You will get luke and Leia a month early and bobba fett 5 months early
... if you are going to play on a Playstation platform. :whistle2:?

This is what the math looks like today for other platforms wanting the same content as soon as it is available, assuming pre-order with GCU at Best Buy and no tax:

1) Buy it normally: $91.17 (-$10 pre-order rebate to be used later)
Starter Kit - $51.99
Rise Against the Empire Playset - $27.99 (+time waiting)
Boba Fett - $11.19 (+time waiting)
Toybox Takeover - Free

2) Buy it digitally: $113.15 (likely to have a promotional deal at launch/pre-order, but no $10 reward))
Digital Version - $29.99 (+base from previous version/secondary market)
Twilight of the Republic Playset - $27.99
Rise Against the Empire Playset - $27.99 (+time waiting)
Boba Fett - $11.19 (+time waiting)
Toybox Takeover - $15.99 (+time waiting)

3) Get everything on day one: $121.98 (-$10 pre-order rebate to be used later and any income selling what you don't need)
Collector's Edition - $91.99
Digital Version - $29.99 (+base from previous version/secondary market)
Toybox Takeover - Free

4) Buy the stuff you are missing from secondary market: ?
Someone isn't going to resell Boba Fett or Rise Against the Empire without a profit margin of some kind, as there is no price incentive built into the bundle. Resale values are likely to be calculated from a full MSRP model - any reseller getting a discount will not be passing the savings on to you.

Obviously, this does not take into account any promotions or sales on release, might be different for other retailers, and ignores previous price glitches.

In my opinion, #1 & #3 are the best choices. #1 if you can wait on the timed exclusive content, #3 if you can't and are willing to pay $20-$30 extra for it. Even if the Toybox Takeover comes with digital pre-orders, you still are paying essentially $16 more for the convenience ($6 more out of pocket, no rewards). #4 doesn't really makes financial sense - you're paying convenience tax going this route.

I couldn't pull the trigger on the Saga edition, just decided to get the Starter for now, after GCU $51, had $45 on rewards about to expires, so came to $7.xx with the free Toy Box Takeover. I'll wait for sales on everything, except I'll probably be picking up Inside Out the day off, wife and I loved the movie and o know she's dying for that one.

So I have never been a fan of the games themselves though I am in love with the figures as simple display pieces. I follow most of the artists that make them and have them here at my art desk as nice inspiration for my work.

That being said is there any other means of getting the older figures or current 2.0 ones for cheap used / in bulk or perhaps not even working for the game itself? I of course checked eBay and CL but didn't know if you CAGs who are clearly much more privy to it all have any suggestions? Also I saw BB has them all for $8 each with GCU but was hoping to spend even less in hopefully some sort of bulk used purchase.

So I have never been a fan of the games themselves though I am in love with the figures as simple display pieces. I follow most of the artists that make them and have them here at my art desk as nice inspiration for my work.

That being said is there any other means of getting the older figures or current 2.0 ones for cheap used / in bulk or perhaps not even working for the game itself? I of course checked eBay and CL but didn't know if you CAGs who are clearly much more privy to it all have any suggestions? Also I saw BB has them all for $8 each with GCU but was hoping to spend even less in hopefully some sort of bulk used purchase.
If you don't mind cat urine, cigarette smoke, or toddler boogers, Gamestop sells them used, and puts them on sale every so often when you are buying more than one.

You've missed some of the good clearance opportunities for 1.0, but I wouldn't be surprised to see stores clearing out 2.0 inventory in the very near future.

If you don't mind cat urine, cigarette smoke, or toddler boogers, Gamestop sells them used, and puts them on sale every so often when you are buying more than one.

You've missed some of the good clearance opportunities for 1.0, but I wouldn't be surprised to see stores clearing out 2.0 inventory in the very near future.
I do love some good ole toddler boogers!

How good were the clearance prices for the 1.0 characters so I can kind of get an idea of what to expect and compare with for the 2.0? With GCU they are only $8 and I cannot imagine them going all that much cheaper at any retail location? The main one I want from 1.0 is Syndrome seeing as my kid brother was big into DI at first and so I actually took them from their house last time I was helping clean the basement and was waiting to see if he ever even noticed since he hasnt played it in forever haha.

The best deal IMO in the last 4 months or so was Gamestop a few weeks/month or so ago. Buy 3 or more pre-owned interactive figures get 50% off all of them.

It ended up being about $4-6 for all the figures you could want except a select few (like Syndrome) were around $8-9 used.

I ended up getting 8 or 9 from Gamestop and they were all in great shape except for one. They happily had one transferred from another store so I could exchange it.

I do love some good ole toddler boogers!

How good were the clearance prices for the 1.0 characters so I can kind of get an idea of what to expect and compare with for the 2.0? With GCU they are only $8 and I cannot imagine them going all that much cheaper at any retail location? The main one I want from 1.0 is Syndrome seeing as my kid brother was big into DI at first and so I actually took them from their house last time I was helping clean the basement and was waiting to see if he ever even noticed since he hasnt played it in forever haha.
If you need gamora and star-lord for cheap, pm me.

So I am torn between whether to get 3.0 for X1 or PS4. I would much prefer it to be on my X1 however getting those figures and levels and everything earlier sounds very appealing to me. I was looking at the pricing and comparing with Koju's breakdown it seems like I would be $91.17 for all the X1 components and waiting until January or 91.99 for the $PS4 version and not having to wait. There is no truly EXCLUSIVE content with the PS4 right? Just the Pack and Boba Figure which will be released later in January for everyone correct?

*edit*

It isnt working online but is it possible to stack a Movers coupon with the PS4 Saga Bundle in store?

I am sorry I keep randomly bumping this thread so much lately, I am just really getting excited for the new Star Wars as well as scouring eBay and CL and all that trying to get a nice set of the old figures as well; this crap is addicting.

That being said do any of you remember how much 2.0 traded in for at Gamestop right at release? In my buying of used figures I think I might end up with an X1 base and since I would prefer that platform anyway I was wondering if I would be able to sell the PS4 Sealed Game and Base for enough to maybe scrounge up or be at least close to, buying 3.0 digitally on x1?

So I am torn between whether to get 3.0 for X1 or PS4. I would much prefer it to be on my X1 however getting those figures and levels and everything earlier sounds very appealing to me. I was looking at the pricing and comparing with Koju's breakdown it seems like I would be $91.17 for all the X1 components and waiting until January or 91.99 for the $PS4 version and not having to wait. There is no truly EXCLUSIVE content with the PS4 right? Just the Pack and Boba Figure which will be released later in January for everyone correct?

*edit*

It isnt working online but is it possible to stack a Movers coupon with the PS4 Saga Bundle in store?
You do know since they run at the same resolution, the PS4 version will have a much more stable framerate, right?

D23 Exclusive is a King Mickey power disc. Not a figure.

You do know since they run at the same framerate, the PS4 version will have a much more stable framerate, right?
I have an X1 upstairs as well as in the basement though and just much prefer the X1 interface and controller and yada yada. PS4 is basically for exclusives in my house. If I REALLY care for a game to look great I will just buy its PC version counterpart.

The way it is looking however I will probably end up just keeping the PS4 version for the time being. I can easily move the PS4 upstairs and downstairs since I can just have my old PS3 cables attached in the extra spots in the basement and I can just pop the PS4 in there.

D23 announcements, I'm sure there'll be an article somewhere later, I know I'm missing a few things
Marvel Battlegrounds playset in Spring, all Marvel characters playable
Keyblade ultimate unlock for players who collect everything
Episode 7 playset announced with Rey and Finn
Spot from Good Dinosaur
Nick and Zoey (?) from Zootopia
Everyone in attendance got the Mickey figure and power disc to give him his King Mickey outfit from KH, will never be available anywhere. A little bummed by that.
I think those were the main things. Oh, and Peter Pan was picked by the winner of yhe Toy Box summit, so he'll be made a year from now, so possibly for 4.0

D23 announcements, I'm sure there'll be an article somewhere later, I know I'm missing a few things
Marvel Battlegrounds playset in Spring, all Marvel characters playable
Keyblade ultimate unlock for players who collect everything
Episode 7 playset announced with Rey and Finn
Spot from Good Dinosaur
Nick and Zoey (?) from Zootopia
Everyone in attendance got the Mickey figure and power disc to give him his King Mickey outfit from KH, will never be available anywhere. A little bummed by that.
I think those were the main things. Oh, and Peter Pan was picked by the winner of yhe Toy Box summit, so he'll be made a year from now, so possibly for 4.0
A few things:

1. Judy and Nick are the figures that were announced from Zootopia.

2. A power disc bundle was announced that will contain 4 different dinosaurs that you can ride around on in the Toy Box.

3. There will be multiple alternate Star Wars figures released this holiday that will have their lightsabers light up. Other than that they are the same.

4. Possibly the biggest news, at least for me, is that the Marvel Playset will be able to be played with 4 players locally!

I watched the entire presentation and I have to say that was really well done. I'm a little disappointed that we're not getting the Marvel Playset until the spring, but if it's done as well as I think it was, I suppose I can wait.

Also, just two more weeks until the launch of Disney Infinity 3.0! :D

How long have the DI figures been $9.99 at Best Buy? Will that price likely go back up starting tomorrow?
It's been a couple weeks now. I would think they would stay that price this week if they didn't change on Sunday, but I don't know. Seems like sale prices are Sun-Sat just like ads.

Will it really be exclusive though? I find it hard to believe it won't come out for everyone in one way or another.
It was supposedly stated that it is a D23 Expo exclusive, limited to 5000.

Will it really be? I dunno. The Mickey fig everyone is posting is the standard one.

The only thing I've left to discover is if the Key Blade requires EVERY SINGLE Disney Inf. figure or if it's just every 3.0 figure.

Expect the power disc to drop in price. These are people that had these up on eBay before they left the conference.

D23 Sorceror Mickey just goes for barely over $100 now. A power disc will surely be for a lot less.

Right now most people are assuming the Mickey is exclusive, too.

Will it really be? I dunno. The Mickey fig everyone is posting is the standard one.

The only thing I've left to discover is if the Key Blade requires EVERY SINGLE Disney Inf. figure or if it's just every 3.0 figure.
I'd be surprised if it didn't end up available in some form or another. DLC, slightly different disc, actually figure for DI 4.0 (or GS exclusive Vita version of 3.0). They've made a bunch of their loyal players mad, and should be able to see the demand for it.

I am sorry I keep randomly bumping this thread so much lately, I am just really getting excited for the new Star Wars as well as scouring eBay and CL and all that trying to get a nice set of the old figures as well; this crap is addicting.

That being said do any of you remember how much 2.0 traded in for at Gamestop right at release? In my buying of used figures I think I might end up with an X1 base and since I would prefer that platform anyway I was wondering if I would be able to sell the PS4 Sealed Game and Base for enough to maybe scrounge up or be at least close to, buying 3.0 digitally on x1?
I just sold my PS4 copy (from the saga bundle, cuz I needs Boba) on ebay for $$52 shipped. I figure, with GCU and an additional $10 rewards credit + high $40's for the PS4 version.....I'm good. It's worth it for Boba Fett and the OT playset early.

That King Mickey disc is BIN on E-Bay 200 bucks starting. Only 5000 made. Way to screw loyalty right?
Will it really be exclusive though? I find it hard to believe it won't come out for everyone in one way or another.

In terms of the power disc. Wording is KEY here. I was not there, I do not know exactly what he said. But if he said "This disc will not be available elsewhere" that is just a way to word it where everyone panics. Gaming companies have done this forever. Sure that disc won't be available elsewhere...But what's to say a disc that looks slightly different but has the same in game effect won't be? Similar to the Sorcerer Mickey from 2 years ago. They released one where the ONLY difference were the stars on his hat were silver instead of light blue. Everything else was identical, and it goes for $100+ on eBay.

I firmly believe (and I can be wrong) that this will be released at retail, but will have different art on it.

In terms of the keyblade unlock, I would put it in the same category as the lightsaber in 2.0. You needed EVERY 1.0 and 2.0 figure (except for variants like D23 Mickey and Crystal figures).

Something to think about though. In 2.0 the unlocks were Luke's Landspeeder (all 2.0 figures) and Lightsaber (all figures). This year we know we are having a costume for Mickey and a Keyblade...So does this maybe mean in 4.0 we will get KH figures!?

So I finally got my hands on a good number of figures (27.... : /) and filled up my desk.

I then have two more carts full online, a set of 11 figures from the 2.0 lineup at Best Buy and 2x 3-packs from Amazon from 1.0... but as I stare at my already huge collection I cannot find space to even display any of the new ones I am about to order.. Not to mention this all started because of Star Wars and those figures aren't even here yet.

What have I done...

So I finally got my hands on a good number of figures (27.... : /) and filled up my desk.

I then have two more carts full online, a set of 11 figures from the 2.0 lineup at Best Buy and 2x 3-packs from Amazon from 1.0... but as I stare at my already huge collection I cannot find space to even display any of the new ones I am about to order.. Not to mention this all started because of Star Wars and those figures aren't even here yet.

What have I done...
Welcome to the club. I now have all the figures except Green Goblin, Loki and Crystal Buzz. Not sure what happened, but I also know I will be buying all the Star Wars figures. This round I can see myself passing on the Inside Out set/figures and almost certainly the Tron figures. If Anakin didn't come with the set I would be passing on him on principal.

I bought my son the 2.0 starter pack for ps4. Is buying the new Star Wars bundle worth it or am I wasting money? I'm still new at trying to figure Al this infinity stuff out

The Best Buy I was in earlier today had a 3.0 Olaf just sitting out with the 2.0 stuff. Couldn't buy it, though - POS tried to process it as a pre-order.

Not sure that helps anyone with anything, just thought I'd share.

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but does anyone have a list or know of the specific dates of the 3.0 releases? I'm thinking I may skip the Clone Wars bundle but then buy the classic trilogy stuff later and my daughter is going to want the Inside Out stuff.

Oh...I wasn't sure that was accurate. I thought or read somewhere that the classic luke/leia set wasn't releasing as soon as the clone wars set. Maybe I'm just getting confused because of the Boba time exclusive.
Ah since I am getting the PS4 version I didn't even catch that. Boba Fett doesn't have a release date as far as I know, just a "2016" window but someone can correct me if I am wrong. The Luke/Leia Rise Against the Empire comes out on September 29th along with Han, Chewie and Vader.

I am bummed we will have to wait over a whole month to get Maul after all of those are released!

I watched fansite Periscope streams of the D23 event and walked away with significantly reduced excitement for DI 3.0.

1. The Marvel playset will support 4 players but isn't coming until next year.  They claim it will have a storyline, but they also named it the highly inspired "Battlegrounds".  They've said in the past that they pick playsets in part based on features they'd like to add to the game, and I doubt they implemented 4 player combat for a 6-8 hour PVE playset, so I assume the real reason we are getting this playset is to claim they're doing Marvel content while implementing a Smash Bros knockoff.  Iron Man and Ultron are still coming in November, but will be toy box only until whenever this playset arrives.  (One bright spot is they've explicitly confirmed that Battlegrounds will support ALL Marvel figures from 2.0 and 3.0.) 

2. They confirmed two of the new Episode 7 characters are in (no surprise) and will be voiced by their movie actors (cool).  I understand that they want to keep the base price down and would have needed to charge more for Jedi if light-up lightsabers had been standard. However, it sounds like you'll be repurchasing at least Luke and Anakin because their non-light-up versions are bundled with playsets.  So that's a reason to wait.

3. The other four figures announced were Good Dinosaur, two for Zootopia, and Peter Pan (who is coming via Toy Box summit creator vote, but will take a year or so).  So we're getting a very small number of classic Disney characters (again) to go with the very small number of Marvel this year. 

4. #Kingdomheartbreak: JV stated explicitly that only 5,000 of the discs were made and it will never be sold in stores.  This decision is absolutely inexplicable to me, it really feels like half of the 3.0 ultimate unlock just went to 5,000 lucky scalpers and a few actual players, rather than to the general public. Clearly they understood this was something people wanted, because otherwise they wouldn't have taken the time to negotiate the rights and implement these things in game.

Bottom line, if I'm not buying any Jedi until they sort out the lightsabers and there is no Marvel to buy, I can just pick up the three classic Disney characters for my daughter to put in her dollhouse and wait for sales.  If I get the starter at half off sometime down the line, that covers the MSRP for the Marvel playset so it's almost like having a Marvel starter. 

bread's done
Back