Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I cancelled my pre-order with Amazon a few weeks ago, and re-did my PS4 collector's edition with Best Buy and the GCU promo... Now Best Buy shows the game in "preparing to ship" status, and Toybox Takeover as "backordered"... This is more concerning, because they have a policy of cancelling orders if they remain backordered for 14 days. I'm going to be pissed if they cancel my toybox takeover deal. No way I'm paying for that when it was the big reason to pre order. *Grrr...*

I cancelled my pre-order with Amazon a few weeks ago, and re-did my PS4 collector's edition with Best Buy and the GCU promo... Now Best Buy shows the game in "preparing to ship" status, and Toybox Takeover as "backordered"... This is more concerning, because they have a policy of cancelling orders if they remain backordered for 14 days. I'm going to be pissed if they cancel my toybox takeover deal. No way I'm paying for that when it was the big reason to pre order. *Grrr...*
I've had my pre-order in since July 8th and my order says the same thing (game prepping to ship, toybox as backordered). I'm going to assume it is just a system thing for now -- but worth keeping an eye on.

The same day I placed several pre-orders from BB for ship to home grouped into 3 chars each (just in case they did a B2G1), and of course they did a B3G1. I looked into rebuilding my POs but there is a lot of oddness going on with some figures coming in an out of stock so I figure I'll just wait until they all get here on Monday and run into the store to do a single set of return/rebuy for all the figures to get the 2 free ones (if my math is right).

Where can I find more info on the 3.0 version. I have 1.0 for the Wii U with all the playsets and a bunch of figures. What can I use in 3.0?

Where can I find more info on the 3.0 version. I have 1.0 for the Wii U with all the playsets and a bunch of figures. What can I use in 3.0?
The 3.0 toy box will support all characters, as well as the power discs. If you wish to use the play sets, you will need to put the 1.0 disc in. The base is the same.

Thanks for the answers. So my understanding is that I can buy the digital version for $20 and access the Toy Box. Any playsets I can purchase additionally as they come out.

Yeah, my Toy Box takeover preorder is showing back ordered now too which sucks since I ordered during the half off glitch.
I preorder a couple months ago and I didn't know that the Toy Box Takeover is suppose to be rang up as a separate item. My order show just the game. I wonder if I will even get the free Toy Box Takeover now.

Four figures from Best Buy with GCU and B3G1 free works out to $33.58 ($8.39 a figure). I would say yes.

Thanks for the answers. So my understanding is that I can buy the digital version for $20 and access the Toy Box. Any playsets I can purchase additionally as they come out.
Do we know the digital version will be $20 then? I would much rather just pawn the PS4 disc from the saga bundle off for a few bucks and just buy the X1 digital version if it is that cheap.

The digital version is $30. There is a rumor that the WiiU version will be on sale for $20, but that isn't confirmed as far as I am aware. PSN and XBL is $30.

Four figures from Best Buy with GCU and B3G1 free works out to $33.58 ($8.39 a figure). I would say yes.
Yes it is, forgot they were doing B3G1 free. Going for Quora, Flynn, and Mulan. Having a tough time picking my 4th. Might be one of the non Force-using Star Wars characters since there might be figures with light-up light sabers coming soon....

Yes it is, forgot they were doing B3G1 free. Going for Quora, Flynn, and Mulan. Having a tough time picking my 4th. Might be one of the non Force-using Star Wars characters since there might be figures with light-up light sabers coming soon....
I don't think BB has any of those figures. Ezra is TRU exclusive, Sabine is at Target, Walmart has Kanan and GS has Zeb. I think that is how it works out.

The only Star Wars figures at Best Buy at launch will be Obi-Wan and Yoda. Also, the figures coming out do NOT have light up lightsabers. They have clear lightsabers that will light up when on the base. Basically the bases light will travel through the character into the lightsaber.

The only other thing we know is they will be $1 more, so not a big deal in terms of price. But there are only 6 figures announced as of yet: Anakin, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Darth Vader, Luke, and Kanan. Some others may come alone, but confirmed Darth Maul will not (they couldn't get the light to get to both ends properly).

Since Anakin comes in the starter set and Luke in the Rise of the Empire playset I know I'll have those as normal figures. We also do not know what retailers will carry them. So all this adds up to me thinking that once they are on my shelf on display I won't like how they look since the lightsabers of some will be colored and the others will be clear.

Just something to keep in mind.

EDIT:

I don't think BB has any of those figures. Ezra is TRU exclusive, Sabine is at Target, Walmart has Kanan and GS has Zeb. I think that is how it works out.
Remember these are only timed exclusives. They should be at every major retailer within 1-2 months after release.

The only Star Wars figures at Best Buy at launch will be Obi-Wan and Yoda. Also, the figures coming out do NOT have light up lightsabers. They have clear lightsabers that will light up when on the base. Basically the bases light will travel through the character into the lightsaber.

The only other thing we know is they will be $1 more, so not a big deal in terms of price. But there are only 6 figures announced as of yet: Anakin, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Darth Vader, Luke, and Kanan. Some others may come alone, but confirmed Darth Maul will not (they couldn't get the light to get to both ends properly).

Since Anakin comes in the starter set and Luke in the Rise of the Empire playset I know I'll have those as normal figures. We also do not know what retailers will carry them. So all this adds up to me thinking that once they are on my shelf on display I won't like how they look since the lightsabers of some will be colored and the others will be clear.

Just something to keep in mind.

EDIT:

Remember these are only timed exclusives. They should be at every major retailer within 1-2 months after release.
Mulan is only exclusive to Best Buy for 3 weeks. That might be the case for every other store as well.

Mine says preparing to ship my ps4 bundle but toy box is on back order. It gives option to pick up in store instead but I'm scared to make the switch.

So did bestbuy cut off instore pickup on this item? All versions show unavailbile for pickup when i try.
X1 version says it is sold out when I try to preorder for pick up in store, no matter which store in my area I choose. But the PS4 version can be picked up just fine. Must be a glitch in their system. Hopefully they can fix it quickly, I was gonna purchase it for my X1.

EDIT: I posted on Best Buy's forums about this issue, hopefully they resolve it. There is zero chance that every store in my area is sold out of X1 versions and not PS4 versions.

EDIT 2: Glitch has already been fixed. Was just able to preorder the X1 version for in-store pickup a minute ago.

When 2.0 came out, they had just the software available for purchase at $20. I have not seen nor looked for 3.0, but if it is there then yes you can. The 3.0 digital will give you the same as the disc. Whether or not you get the new toy box modes I cannot say. I would think yes but it is Disney. Then any 3.0 play set you buy will work.

When 2.0 came out, they had just the software available for purchase at $20. I have not seen nor looked for 3.0, but if it is there then yes you can. The 3.0 digital will give you the same as the disc. Whether or not you get the new toy box modes I cannot say. I would think yes but it is Disney. Then any 3.0 play set you buy will work.
i would assume the toy box takeover will be exactly like 2.0 and it will be a hexagonal power disc. it may come with a pc unlock code, but probably not.

So I had the X1 starter preordered a while back online at BB and then I cancelled that and made one in store for the Sage Bundle. On the receipt however it makes no mention of the Toy Box Takeover and online it sounds almost like it is an online only deal. Someone please correct me so that I can stop worrying about it hah

So I had the X1 starter preordered a while back online at BB and then I cancelled that and made one in store for the Sage Bundle. On the receipt however it makes no mention of the Toy Box Takeover and online it sounds almost like it is an online only deal. Someone please correct me so that I can stop worrying about it hah
I have the reservation card from BB and it states the toy box takeover is a preorder bonus but while supplies last. My receipt states nothing about the preorder bonus.

This may be a long story, but I'll do my best to explain what I believe your situation is:

I pre-ordered the PS4 starter kit and it had the toy box takeover listed as a free item in the order. When Toys R Us had the PS4 version of 3.0 for $40 I called in to order it. The rep did it no problem so I cancelled my original order. Sadly, the toy box was not added. I believe this was due to it being a limit of 1 per person, and the system did not fully recognize I cancelled my order. She left a note in my account about the fact that I should get this item for free.

At around 10AM this morning I noticed the Toy Box Takeover can be purchased on the site (for $30/$24). I promptly called in to ask them to check my account notes to see I should get this for free. I got disconnected a few times, once was my fault, twice was theirs...But they called my back thankfully! They were able to get it approved by a supervisor and they made me a new order just for the Takeover for $0.00 with store pickup.

They cannot find the item by searching for it (via SKU or otherwise) you need to either have an existing order (active or cancelled) with it listed OR a direct link to it:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-interactive-studios-disney-infinity-3-0-edition-toy-box-takeover-expansion-game-pre-order-bonus-multi/7243027.p?id=1219669730775&skuId=7243027

Was going to wait until black friday to pick this up for like 1/2 price,but with GCU and the $10 promo certificate for pre ordering plus the free toy box takeover I am considering getting it now.

Should I or do you think there will be better incentives later on?

EDIT: Well i decided to just get it now.Had $15 in rewards to use so after that and GCU It came out to $39.58

I think it's worth that. Seeing how i will still get another $10 in rewards from it and the free toy box takeover which I've seen selling at stores online from $20-$30. Will just put it back for Christmas for the kids since we already told them they would not be getting it launch and would probably have to wait until Christmas.

Also noticed my walmart.com order for the tomorrowland and twilight of the republic power disc packs

from a few months back when they had them listed at $4.99 each is processing now.

Am going to pre order Disney Infinity but still on the fence as to what console I should get it for..PS4 or XBOX ONE..I Guess I Can get one for one system and Lego Dimentions for the other system but not sure what system to get Infinity for

If you go ps4 and grab the saga pack you get Boba Fett. Plus another playset. Seems like a good deal especially if you have GCU.
Yeah I have a PS4..you mean the starter pack right? The one for 64.99(51.99 after GCU) it says it comes with the toy box when you pre order plus 10 dollar reward certificate

Am about to pre order the PS4 version now but it says that the pre order toy box expansion game might ship separately is that normal I just assumed it would ship together just want to be sure before I place the order

Anyone know when they will put the digital version up for 360? I'm getting the PS4 saga bundle but I don't want my 5-year old playing my PS4 - that one is mine. Does anyone remember if it went up a day or two early with 2.0?

If the WiiU digital version does end being $20 at launch I might pick it now and just wait out some better sales for the playsets.

Am about to pre order the PS4 version now but it says that the pre order toy box expansion game might ship separately is that normal I just assumed it would ship together just want to be sure before I place the order
It could go either way. It is a standalone SKU that will be sold by itself, so it isn't inside the box nor is it special promo packaging.

If the WiiU digital version does end being $20 at launch I might pick it now and just wait out some better sales for the playsets.
Even if it is $20 and you wait for a sale...At best you would spend $16 for the playset within the first 6 months to a year ($20 and GCU) that would make the whole set without Toy Box Takeover $36. Or you can get it now for $51 and $10 back in rewards (essentially making it $41, so $5 more than that option).

That $5 basically makes up the Toy Box Takeover add-in plus you don't need to take up space on your system and wait for it to download nor do you need to wait months to play it.

bread's done
Back