Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
It could go either way. It is a standalone SKU that will be sold by itself, so it isn't inside the box nor is it special promo packaging.

Even if it is $20 and you wait for a sale...At best you would spend $16 for the playset within the first 6 months to a year ($20 and GCU) that would make the whole set without Toy Box Takeover $36. Or you can get it now for $51 and $10 back in rewards (essentially making it $41, so $5 more than that option).

That $5 basically makes up the Toy Box Takeover add-in plus you don't need to take up space on your system and wait for it to download nor do you need to wait months to play it.
Oh OK so as long as its normal to ship separately then I will go ahead and order it. But as far as getting the 10 dollar rewards certificate do I have to wait until I receive BOTH items or does it go by the main item shipping

Oh OK so as long as its normal to ship separately then I will go ahead and order it. But as far as getting the 10 dollar rewards certificate do I have to wait until I receive BOTH items or does it go by the main item shipping
Should be just the main game. They should arrive pretty close together. The item says it has a release date of the 30th and I have seen people on Facebook post they got theirs with the game when it arrived in the mail from retailers.

Should be just the main game. They should arrive pretty close together. The item says it has a release date of the 30th and I have seen people on Facebook post they got theirs with the game when it arrived in the mail from retailers.
Just went ahead and placed the order..in the checkout it doesnt mention the 10 dollar rewards certificate but its on the main page so I should be OK? The main starter pack says arriving on Sept 4th while the toy box it says it comes on Sept 7th

Edit: When I go to order status it says "Your order is currently backordered" WTF

Edit: turns out its the toy box thing that is backordered I hope that isnt the case

Also noticed my walmart.com order for the tomorrowland and twilight of the republic power disc packs
from a few months back when they had them listed at $4.99 each is processing now.
I just got notification my order for the same has shipped. Estimate is by September 4.

Just went ahead and placed the order..in the checkout it doesnt mention the 10 dollar rewards certificate but its on the main page so I should be OK? The main starter pack says arriving on Sept 4th while the toy box it says it comes on Sept 7th

Edit: When I go to order status it says "Your order is currently backordered" WTF

Edit: turns out its the toy box thing that is backordered I hope that isnt the case
None of the $10 rewards games show anything that you will get it. Once the order is on your Rewards Account, and you wait 15 days after that you will get the 500 points added. So long as you met all the criteria.

Stupid question... Will the DI 1.0 base work on the PS4 with 3.0 figures? I'd rather pay $20 on the PS4 for the digital version and buy things when I want to play. (If the digital version is $20)

Stupid question... Will the DI 1.0 base work on the PS4 with 3.0 figures? I'd rather pay $20 on the PS4 for the digital version and buy things when I want to play. (If the digital version is $20)
The only bases for consoles that cannot be used on other platforms is 360 and XB1. Wii, WiiU, PS3, and PS4 all use the same base.

The only bases for consoles that cannot be used on other platforms is 360 and XB1. Wii, WiiU, PS3, and PS4 all use the same base.
Perfect. Wanted to make sure things hadn't changed since I never bought 2.0 and haven't really been keeping up on anything 3.0 aside from trailers. Looks like I can put my 1.0 base back to good use with 3.0.

Digital version of the game on the PS4 will be $30 though, just a heads up.

There are rumors, nothing concrete that PS4 and WiiU will be $20 on release as a sale. But that may just be your usual internet rumors.
Ah, I thought the rumor was just Wii U which makes sense since that version should be cheaper anyway since I have experienced first hand the notable drop in performance it experiences compared to the other current consoles.

Be aware like I stated earlier, by buying digital you're only saving at most $5 and not getting Toy Box Takeover and you'll need to wait a few months to save that $5, while still buying the digital 3.0 on release since it's a limited time sale.

That's fine by me. My time with the game will be sparse at best, so I'll most likely never end up buying Takeover anyway (great deal pending of course). The racing one though seems like it'll be fun so I'll be getting that.

Found a unboxing video of the Star Wars Saga Bundle. Looks like Boba Fett and the Rise against the Empire have their own packaging. It's the pal version but I expect the US to have the same packaging:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djs8hRIruvs

Is the Toy Box Takeover game out of stock? Doesn't appear in my cart when I try to pre-order the game.

Yeah, I think I'm getting sucked in. So is the BB Saga bundle the best deal for GCU members? It looks like it has a ton of stuff in it.
I think it's a better deal to buy things separately with GCU, but then you can't get Boba Fett until January and you also get the Rise of the Empire playset early. If you're okay waiting, getting the base game with other deals on the figures (BB is B3G1 I think, and Target is 2 for $20) would probably work out better in the long run. I'm getting the Saga bundle, cause I want that Boba Fett.

I think it's a better deal to buy things separately with GCU, but then you can't get Boba Fett until January and you also get the Rise of the Empire playset early. If you're okay waiting, getting the base game with other deals on the figures (BB is B3G1 I think, and Target is 2 for $20) would probably work out better in the long run. I'm getting the Saga bundle, cause I want that Boba Fett.
Thanks for the advice. I was looking to splurge but really don't need the fett figure. Are there any deals on the original trilogy playset though?

Yeah, I think I'm getting sucked in. So is the BB Saga bundle the best deal for GCU members? It looks like it has a ton of stuff in it.
It's $50 more than the starter pack, but comes with a $35 playset and a $14 figure. Essentially you're paying a $1 surcharge (80 cents with GCU) for getting the playset and figure before release (and quite a bit before release in the case of Boba Fett).

I'd probably be buying it myself if I wasn't dead set on getting the Xbox One version on account of my child being able to grip a mini 3rd party Xbox One controller a lot easier than the Dualshock 4.

Thanks for the advice. I was looking to splurge but really don't need the fett figure. Are there any deals on the original trilogy playset though?

Might just pre order the base set at BB since there is a $10 cert with it.  I'm guessing the only way to get the B3G1 is to pre order in store or do an online pre order then go in and grab some more figures since the deal doesn't go live until sunday?  I'm assuming they could make the deal work, but you never know with BB.

Might just pre order the base set at BB since there is a $10 cert with it. I'm guessing the only way to get the B3G1 is to pre order in store or do an online pre order then go in and grab some more figures since the deal doesn't go live until sunday? I'm assuming they could make the deal work, but you never know with BB.
That was my issue last year. I went in to get my preordered game and figures. All preordered in store, but at different times and on different receipts. They offered a free figure with purchase of the game and two figures (I believe). I had a hard time getting them to give me the free figure. They eventually just gave me a free giftcard to buy the figure I wanted for free but it was a hassle. It is like I was punished for preordering with them, but man GCU really pays off DI.

That was my issue last year. I went in to get my preordered game and figures. All preordered in store, but at different times and on different receipts. They offered a free figure with purchase of the game and two figures (I believe). I had a hard time getting them to give me the free figure. They eventually just gave me a free giftcard to buy the figure I wanted for free but it was a hassle. It is like I was punished for preordering with them, but man GCU really pays off DI.
Yea, it should be really simple to do, but we have all been at a BB banging out heads against the wall while the staff tries to figure out how to properly credit a pre order or accept game trade ins. I can see this being a nightmare. From what I can see I cannot even preorder a set and pick it up at my store. I might have to just stop on the way home today and put $5 on a set then plan to show up Sunday and hopefully have them sort it out.

It doesn't come out for a month. This is part of why getting things separately seems like a better deal, this way I play the Clone Wars stuff, and am forced to wait to play the original trilogy stuff.

Is there anyone who preordered this 3.0 package and also have the toybox takeover actually ship with the starter pack? Or is the toybox universally back ordered?

Is there anyone who preordered this 3.0 package and also have the toybox takeover actually ship with the starter pack? Or is the toybox universally back ordered?
I ordered mine and the game for store pickup. I don't want the package for 3.0 to be damaged in the mail. I will report on Sunday if I was able to get Takeover in person.

I ordered mine and the game for store pickup. I don't want the package for 3.0 to be damaged in the mail. I will report on Sunday if I was able to get Takeover in person.
I ordered mine to pick up at GS in store Sunday. Asked yesterday about how many Toy Box Takeovers they had and was told not to worry, they'd have me taken care of. He looked it up on the computer and seemed surprised by the number that they had.

I may be late to this, but what is the reasoning for everything being more expensive at GS? They have playsets listed at $39.99 and figures at $14.99. Then the Saga Bundle is $119.99. I have a lot of credit there, but the Saga Bundle at BB for $91.99 plus a $10 cert is looking better and better....

I may be late to this, but what is the reasoning for everything being more expensive at GS? They have playsets listed at $39.99 and figures at $14.99. Then the Saga Bundle is $119.99. I have a lot of credit there, but the Saga Bundle at BB for $91.99 plus a $10 cert is looking better and better....
GS and TRU like to be bitches. I am only getting the base starter pack there, may use Rewards coupons for Zeb. But no, not worth getting anything else there.

GS and TRU like to be bitches. I am only getting the base starter pack there, may use Rewards coupons for Zeb. But no, not worth getting anything else there.
Yeah, I know TRU has the proverbial "Toys R Us Tax", but I've not seen GS utilize that too often. Sucks. I haven't had any problems getting Infinity stuff in the past, but is there going to be any problem picking up the Saga Bundle on release date? It's not available for Ship to Store any longer.

I don't want to scare people but I foresee many problems coming from the Toybox preorder for anyone who is doing store pickup at Best Buy. My store has currently 14 preorders for the game and only 8 for the Toybox. We got in 12 of the Toybox but it is a different SKU from the preorder Toybox which is listed at $10 more. Every store in my district including the distribution center has 0 of the preorder SKU which is why it says backordered for everyone. They will probably end up having to sub one SKU for the other but obviously some store will not have enough.

Man, I wish I stuck with my online order. I am jealous you guys getting yours early. I thought it would be better to have the ability to go as soon as they open on Sunday to get mine. 

Oh well. 

In regards to the Toybox Takeover I will just get there when they open Sunday and hope for no issues. Also then I should be able to snag the other figures I want without worry. I am getting the Saga Bundle, Obi-Wan, Yoda and both Tron figures. I am holding off on the power discs, none of them really seem essential do they?

Also I plan on swinging by Gamestop on my way back too since I have $15 in credit, just enough for Zeb. 

I'd honestly like to get the Saga Bundle, but it feels like circumstances are conspiring against me. Chief among them that I want the game on Xbox One.

I own both consoles, but I own 1.0 and 2.0 on Xbox, and my anal nature would like to stick with the same console. So I'd need to buy the Saga Bundle with the intent to sell the PS4 Disc/Hardware... and then buy an Xbox 3.0 Disc (no real need for hardware, as I have 2.0). I don't like buying Digital Games, I prefer physical copies... must be my set in ways...

SO to get everything I want launch day, I'd have to buy a Saga Bundle on PS4, a regular Bundle on Xbox, and then sell off a multitude of duplicate crap, which I never would anyway because I procrastinate and never do it (I still have duplicate 1.0 and 2.0 crap I never sold laying around).

All the above hassle has kind of just made me give up on trying to figure out buying the Saga Bundle... and resign myself to getting the normal one on Xbox One. I can wait a month for Twlight of the Republic... it's waiting til next year for Boba that annoys me. By next year I doubt if I'll even care much about the game, and will just be buying him more as a collectible than to play him.

Wish they wouldn't make the special editions console exclusive, so I could just buy the damn version I want for the system I want, and not have to do mental-gymnastics about it.

I'd honestly like to get the Saga Bundle, but it feels like circumstances are conspiring against me. Chief among them that I want the game on Xbox One.

I own both consoles, but I own 1.0 and 2.0 on Xbox, and my anal nature would like to stick with the same console. So I'd need to buy the Saga Bundle with the intent to sell the PS4 Disc/Hardware... and then buy an Xbox 3.0 Disc (no real need for hardware, as I have 2.0). I don't like buying Digital Games, I prefer physical copies... must be my set in ways...

SO to get everything I want launch day, I'd have to buy a Saga Bundle on PS4, a regular Bundle on Xbox, and then sell off a multitude of duplicate crap, which I never would anyway because I procrastinate and never do it (I still have duplicate 1.0 and 2.0 crap I never sold laying around).

All the above hassle has kind of just made me give up on trying to figure out buying the Saga Bundle... and resign myself to getting the normal one on Xbox One. I can wait a month for Twlight of the Republic... it's waiting til next year for Boba that annoys me. By next year I doubt if I'll even care much about the game, and will just be buying him more as a collectible than to play him.

Wish they wouldn't make the special editions console exclusive, so I could just buy the damn version I want for the system I want, and not have to do mental-gymnastics about it.
Best bet then would to just bite the bullet and get the digital X1 version even though you prefer the disc. I agree though I would much prefer this on X1 myself but am just going to stick with the PS4 since it is easier.

bread's done
Back