Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Played some of this last night with the wife and man was it fun. Everything seemed really great and can't wait to get more into the story aspect as well as do more of the toy box.

How difficult is the gameplay. I have 5 year old that really has never played video games before. Would this be too much?

when I play with my 5 y.o., and a section is too difficult for her, we just knock her fig. off the base and I get past it before she puts her fig back on.

My daughter is 7 and we've been playing since the first infinity when she was 5. It's not hard at all and combat is optional in toy box mode which is where my daughter loves playing. She's not into the combat but it makes it fun for me so I make her a huge place to play and I make myself an unattached piece of land called bad guy island so I can fight and the bad guys can't get to her area.

This game is perfect for young kids

My daughter doesn't like the toyboxes with baddies in them because they inevitably spawn a boss.  

The thing is... it doesn't penalize you for death.  So recently we've been exploring the Toybox Takeover (because I specifically want some of the unlocks) and, well, it's more difficult than usual.  Specifically the boss fights.  If you don't block, you die.  So for my kid, she dies.  But then she hops up (while I'm still fighting) and puts on another character and keeps fighting (until that one dies), rinse and repeat.

Is the $115 PS4 version worth it? I could get 20% off at Best Buy. Never played this before, but I think my kids would love it.
For my family it definitely was. The preorder bonus + the $10 back + GCU made it a no brainer. We also have all the figures and power discs from DI 1.0 and 2.0.

Personally I say go for it.

Being devil's advocate, if you have never played DI it would be hard to recommend unless you really want Boba Fett and the Rise Against the Empire set early. That is the only real benefit at this point.

Thanks for the replies...I'm hoping it goes on sale now since I missed the Pre-Order window.  Didn't really know much about it until we saw some ads in Disney.  Can you use all the 1.0 and 2.0 characters also?  I've seen some on clearance at my local Meijer....not big discounts yet though.

It was worth it even more to get the money back with it as well.  :)

In Toybox all figures unlock things and can be played.  Not in the playsets.

BUT they have the Toybox expansions now... which effectively give playsets that all figures can cooperate int.

It was worth it even more to get the money back with it as well. :)

In Toybox all figures unlock things and can be played. Not in the playsets.

BUT they have the Toybox expansions now... which effectively give playsets that all figures can cooperate int.
I guess I'm not in much of a hurry....I could wait for a deal hopefully. Thanks for the information though. I could take advantage of the Best Buy buy 3, get 1 free deal this week though.

I'm so close to going to target to get the star wars playset and 2 chars for 45$..... but I also wanna hold out for light up lightsabers

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet in here, but the Target Star Wars coupons for today work on everything from Disney Infinity 3.0. I wound up getting doubles of 5 figures (was picking up a set for my coworker too) for $71.25 after the $25 off $100 coupon, 2 figures for $20 and my 5% Red Card discount. Winds up being $7.125 per figure, which is lower than I ever saw 2.0 figures for. The coupon only works on Star Wars stuff online, but it works on all DI 3.0 stuff in-store. Text FORCE25 or FORCE10 to 827438 to get your own coupon.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet in here, but the Target Star Wars coupons for today work on everything from Disney Infinity 3.0. I wound up getting doubles of 5 figures (was picking up a set for my coworker too) for $71.25 after the $25 off $100 coupon, 2 figures for $20 and my 5% Red Card discount. Winds up being $7.125 per figure, which is lower than I ever saw 2.0 figures for. The coupon only works on Star Wars stuff online, but it works on all DI 3.0 stuff in-store. Text FORCE25 or FORCE10 to 827438 to get your own coupon.
When you say works on all 3.0 stuff does that include the inside out playset?

I got ToyBox Takover today and it's amazing for a free game.  I can't say if it's worth 20 bucks until I complete it but the Infinity engine looks gorgeous in a iso view and run wells. Also it'll power level your figures like crazy.

My only question that I could find an answer on was whether the camera and dungeon crawler specific stuff was available in the creator because I bet people could ake Disney Diablo stuff that was quite good.

I got ToyBox Takover today and it's amazing for a free game. I can't say if it's worth 20 bucks until I complete it but the Infinity engine looks gorgeous in a iso view and run wells. Also it'll power level your figures like crazy.

My only question that I could find an answer on was whether the camera and dungeon crawler specific stuff was available in the creator because I bet people could ake Disney Diablo stuff that was quite good.
I completely agree on the camera in Takeover... it's perfect.

I wish there were some camera options for playing the playsets and toy box in splitscreen... it needs to be pulled back some to give you a better view.

My local BB did a restock and all the bare racks have been replenished with basically every 3.0 figure. I grabbed Disgust and Sadness for my daughter, Yoda for myself, and then had to decide on either Obi-Wan or Mulan for the 4th free figure. Ended up grabbing Mulan for my daughter. Now I'm officially just waiting on a better deal ob the playsets.

Anyone else go to a walmart recently and notice all pre-3.0 single figures are $6 clearance. Sets are still $30 though. They didn't have much left but had a few Marvel ones to help round out my collection.

Anyone else go to a walmart recently and notice all pre-3.0 single figures are $6 clearance. Sets are still $30 though. They didn't have much left but had a few Marvel ones to help round out my collection.
Looks like a regional thing as my Walmart tonight had all figures regular price.

Not deal related, but has anyone been able to play an arcade game in Flynn's Arcade?  Every time I get a connection fail or only two people show up and it cycles forever.  Stinks because this seemed fun and its needed for two high point achievements. 

Anyone want to boost this on Xbox One?

I love 3.0 just playing the playsets and the hub.

man, I am getting so addicted to collecting the figures. I have 99% of the launch 3.0 figures. I have all the pre orders for hulkbuster and the rest. I already finished collecting all of 2.0.

I just went on various websites today and ordered 15 figures of 1.0. so I can unlock the light saber 

I think I have an problem, is there a DI anonymous. LOL 

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a takeover for sale? My son is super mad that I didn't preorder and get it for him. Now I'm paying the price lol. Would have been nice to get it for free but now I just need it lol. Let me know

Thanks!

Does anyone have a takeover for sale? My son is super mad that I didn't preorder and get it for him. Now I'm paying the price lol. Would have been nice to get it for free but now I just need it lol. Let me know

Thanks!
Take the whole game and trade it in at GameStop. That'll teach the little bugger to be ungrateful.

Take the whole game and trade it in at GameStop. That'll teach the little bugger to be ungrateful.
I second this. You didn't need to get it for him at all. Sure it stinks you didn't get it for free, but we can't always get everything we want and this is a good opportunity to teach him that.

I got an email this morning from TRU saying that the "ToyBox" disc packs are all $9.99. Clearly I think they mean the two sets from Infinity 2.0 but there is some wiggle room there if you want to fight for the "Toybox Takeover" set.

Amazon - Instant $5 Off Coupon with Purchase of 6-pack Star Wars Cereal and $20 Worth of Disney Infinity Toys

Link: Amazon

Receive $5 instant coupon when you purchase a 6-pack of Star Wars Cereal and $20 worth of Disney Infinity Toys

1. Add the qualifying 6-pack of Star Wars Cereal below to your Shopping Cart, using the "Add to cart" button on the product page.

2. Add at least $20 of qualifying Disney Infinity 3.0 items below.

3. At checkout, $5 discount will be automatically applied.

4. Complete your order before the promotion expires at 11:59 p.m. PDT, September 11, 2015.

Enjoy if you find this to be a good deal - Not me personally, but I figured I should list here.

kinda surprised to not see any deals on force friday or saturday.... oh well... ill keep waiting out a bit longer.
When you do big events that draw big crowds around a theme, especially Star Wars. You don't need a deal, people will buy anything for full price without question.

When you do big events that draw big crowds around a theme, especially Star Wars. You don't need a deal, people will buy anything for full price without question.
Right. That much is obvious. I just kinda expected something across the board for every star wars... but your right. no need for it.

Noticed that the local Target received all the other store exclusives today from 3.0 and placed them on the pegs  Unfortunately, they are register locked until the 20th of September.  

bread's done
Back