Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess there is no way around it, but the lightsabers on these figures are not going to last very long. Didn't even take my 5 year old 24 hours to break Ezra's. Ugh...
Hell, I was scared I myself broke Yoda's the other day. I went to take him off the portal when I died and he got caught on Ashoka's head and the saber was like a fraction of a second away from snapping off before I caught myself it looked like.

Is the SAGA set limited at all?  I was thinking of getting it for my KIDS for XMAS....what are the odds i see a better deal between now and then?

Wow, it's $90 at Amazon also....wish I could PM and get 20%

The Saga set is selling twice as fast as the normal set on Amazon. It's safe to say they overproduced it if it's not oos by now.

I was looking at some Black Friday ads from 2014, looks like $40 was the going rate for the 2.0 Marvel Set at the time.  So, I guess $80 is decent since I'm sure we will want Boba and the other set anyways.

Although, I guess I can wait....seems like they always have deals on figures.  I am Elite Plus though, 45 day return.

Does the saga bundle come with toy box takeover? The best buy photos show it with it.
Only if you got in on the pre-order special.

Are all the Star Wars characters essentially the same, outside of their looks (kind of like all the Cars characters), or are there actual substantial differences between how they each play?
Yes and no. The Force characters all feel similar. But they all do different things. Anakin for example Force Pulls people to him. Ahsoka can throw her lightsabers boomerang style. Yoda I believe was force push. Kanan/Ezra both feel the same and I don't have enough play time on either of them to tell you about it. Luke is IMO the coolest all around. You can use him as Lightsaber OR gun. Leia is pretty much straight shoot'm up. Zeb is kinda cool cause I go from melee to shooting.

Han and Chewie, no doubt, will play similar to Leia. Some of the customization skill trees give them a bit of a difference but not by much. I've been spec'ing most of the characters for +dam as that seems to be the only thing that stops my kid from whomping and stomping. Then one or two characters I have as healing types so that was when we play together they're geared more to get the characters back in the fight.

Has anyone that broke a lightsaber on one of their characters have any luck fixing them?  If so, any advice?  Was just going to use some superglue on Ezra and hope for the best.  Figure it won't last forever anyways, but at least wanted to make an effort.

I'd say any glue that drys clear will do the trick

Also for those in the UK looking inside out or twilight playsets you can get either for £16.99.

Means you need to buy the game in Argos and trade he disc for cash in cex though. You can get the software (disc only) for 360 with either playset for £30.99 and trade the disc for £14 cash making the playset £16.99 :)

I bought the Saga set from Amazon when it was 115, but was able to convince a rep via live chat to refund me the difference once I saw it was selling for 89.  Saved me about $26 with tax.

YMMV but if you ordered the special PS4 bundle from amazon they just lowered the price 25 dollars. I was able to ask for a refund on the difference in a chat.

Probably mentioned before, but I just ordered this for Tai's birthday;

Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) Collector's Edition - PlayStation 3

$57.59 after GCU

Had $15 in rewards certificates to use as well. 6 Avenger figures + the light up display stand looks sweet.
He will love it. The box is gigantic. Everything is packaged in its own retail packaging inside so if you want you can break it up into a tons of gifts to wrap individually. Either way it is a win.

Local Walmart clearanced the Disney 2.0 sets for both XBone and PS4 to $9. Picked up a bunch of 2.0 disc packs for a $1 apiece for both Disney and Marvel.

Has anyone that broke a lightsaber on one of their characters have any luck fixing them? If so, any advice? Was just going to use some superglue on Ezra and hope for the best. Figure it won't last forever anyways, but at least wanted to make an effort.

Good luck. Haven't snapped a lightsaber, but I've superglued Sully back to his base three times so far. Never seems to hold for more than a couple of weeks.

^

Sure if you don't mind committing fraud.  How you could ask that question unless your joking?

Local Walmart clearanced the Disney 2.0 sets for both XBone and PS4 to $9. Picked up a bunch of 2.0 disc packs for a $1 apiece for both Disney and Marvel.
Are you talking about the base 2.0 set or the individual playsets (Spider-Man, GOTG)? I still need the GOTG playset and would be all over it if I could find it for $9.

[quote name="IkedaTeramusa" post="12918802" timestamp="1442255464"]Kids...

But the lightsabers are especially fragile.

Dumb jerk kinda question: If I were to buy the PS3 CE, could I return all the other stuff since I have it all and just keep the base?[/quote]

I have the collectors base for sale if your in the UK? Postage is £12.50 though

What are the chances BB matches the amazon/TRU sale on the Star Wars bundle and goes down by another ten bucks?
Slim. I've noticed Best Buy hasn't been matching Amazon much at all anymore. I think they figure everyone already has GCU, so they don't need to mark it down any more. There's been several games that I wish they'd price match, but haven't.

I've got quite a few figures but was wondering which ones people considered the best or most fun, what do yall recommend?

I didn't play 2.0 much but just picked up the saga bundle and plan to play this one more.

[quote name="Blade3D" post="12919134" timestamp="1442266231"]I've got quite a few figures but was wondering which ones people considered the best or most fun, what do yall recommend?I didn't play 2.0 much but just picked up the saga bundle and plan to play this one more.[/quote]

I'm loving Ashoka at the minute, but some of my faves are Merida (for ranged attack), nova for his speed and flight. There's so many fun ones depending on what type of figure you like

I've got quite a few figures but was wondering which ones people considered the best or most fun, what do yall recommend? I didn't play 2.0 much but just picked up the saga bundle and plan to play this one more.
This is hard to answer as it's mostly personal preferences.

If I had to pick: 2.0 Iron Man, Venom, Nova, Rocket Racoon; 3.0 Zeb, Ahsoka, Luke, Anakin

I don't care for the Disney Original's in 3.0 (so far). I play Anger because I find him hilarious.

I do enjoy Tink, Jack Skellington.

Kid plays Malificent, Elsa, Anna, Tink, Joy.

It also depends on who you want to use that day, I've all 1.0 and 2.0 figures but only a few 3.0 at the minute and most used has to be the ones I mentioned above, however in 3.0 in loving Minnie as well who I didn't mention

The base set with Stitch and Merida.
I checked the WalMart app and it looks like $39 in my area....boo

I'm new to all of this, don't even own the game....What is the Toy Box 2.0 set? Are you basically buying new worlds with each set?

Slim. I've noticed Best Buy hasn't been matching Amazon much at all anymore. I think they figure everyone already has GCU, so they don't need to mark it down any more. There's been several games that I wish they'd price match, but haven't.
Amazon has the SAGA bundle for $80 now. http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Infinity-3-0-Starter-Pack-Playstation/dp/B00WJ0Z10S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442281510&sr=8-2&keywords=disney+infinity

I really wish I could PM and GCU

I've got quite a few figures but was wondering which ones people considered the best or most fun, what do yall recommend?I didn't play 2.0 much but just picked up the saga bundle and plan to play this one more.
I haven't played 3.0 yet but in 2.0 the melee based characters felt more enjoyable to use than the pure shooters in my opinion. Tack on to that the characters that could either climb walls or fly and those were what seemed best.

I loved using Hulk, I ended up maxing out him, Iron Man, and Spidey. Thor, Venom, and Nova were fun too. Nick Fury, Black Widow, and Hawkeye were a bit of a drag in comparison.

So I already own the base for Infinity 2.0 and the game for Xbox One. The base is exactly the same correct? Can I just buy the game by itself or is there only starter packs currently?

So I already own the base for Infinity 2.0 and the game for Xbox One. The base is exactly the same correct? Can I just buy the game by itself or is there only starter packs currently?
Xbox and Xbox One have a special base. Wii U/PS3/PS4 bases are compatible with each other. Only XB is the outlier.

I'm loving Ashoka at the minute, but some of my faves are Merida (for ranged attack), nova for his speed and flight. There's so many fun ones depending on what type of figure you like
This is hard to answer as it's mostly personal preferences.

If I had to pick: 2.0 Iron Man, Venom, Nova, Rocket Racoon; 3.0 Zeb, Ahsoka, Luke, Anakin

I don't care for the Disney Original's in 3.0 (so far). I play Anger because I find him hilarious.

I do enjoy Tink, Jack Skellington.

Kid plays Malificent, Elsa, Anna, Tink, Joy.
Thanks for the recommendations, I picked up Nova and Merida so far. I'm considering getting the Inside Out pack. Appreciate any other suggestions.

Also, as far as the power discs and other disc like things lol (shows how much I know about these), which ones are worth having? All I have is 2 Tron discs and 2 scrooge coin ones cause those were suggested for getting more xp and currency. I have about 15 figures, having bought the Saga bundle, and basically starting from zero even though I owned 2.0.

Kids...

But the lightsabers are especially fragile.

Dumb jerk kinda question: If I were to buy the PS3 CE, could I return all the other stuff since I have it all and just keep the base?
Yea, the lightsabers are very fragile, They are hard plastic and not bendable like the old figures (like the PotC characters swords from 1.0). These ones look more realistic but I almost wish they kept the soft plastic so they were more durable. Kids will break them easily unless you just put them on the portal to play and then put them somewhere safe after. If they are doing anything other than that they won't last long. Ezra is probably the worst because of his pose. The others might be a bit more durable since the don't have the lighsabers held out in front of them like Ezra. But even in an adults hands they can break easily. You drop it from more than a few feet by accident and the lightsaber will probably break.

Xbox and Xbox One have a special base. Wii U/PS3/PS4 bases are compatible with each other. Only XB is the outlier.
This is correct, but just to clarify: If you have the 2.0 base for XB1 you can use that for 3.0 on XB1. You just can't use a 360 portal with the XB1 or vice versa.

Yea, the lightsabers are very fragile, They are hard plastic and not bendable like the old figures (like the PotC characters swords from 1.0). These ones look more realistic but I almost wish they kept the soft plastic so they were more durable. Kids will break them easily unless you just put them on the portal to play and then put them somewhere safe after. If they are doing anything other than that they won't last long. Ezra is probably the worst because of his pose. The others might be a bit more durable since the don't have the lighsabers held out in front of them like Ezra. But even in an adults hands they can break easily. You drop it from more than a few feet by accident and the lightsaber will probably break.

This is correct, but just to clarify: If you have the 2.0 base for XB1 you can use that for 3.0 on XB1. You just can't use a 360 portal with the XB1 or vice versa.
I'm pretty sure the Xbone and xbox bases are the same and are interchangeable, but just with each other other, it is correct they can't work on other platforms, ie Wii u/ps4.

I'm pretty sure the Xbone and xbox bases are the same and are interchangeable, but just with each other other, it is correct they can't work on other platforms, ie Wii u/ps4.
Please don't do that. You confuse people when you post stuff that isn't true. Xbox one ONLY works with Xbox one. 360 ONLY works with 360. ANY base from PS3/PS4/WiiU are interchangable.

https://infinity.disney.com/compatibility

So amazon has this ps3 collectors edition for $70. I have infinity 3.0 for the xbox one. If I pick up just the 2.0 software for xbox one, all the players, figures and toy box games are compatible in the collectors edition correct? That seems like an amazing deal. Is it?

Please don't do that. You confuse people when you post stuff that isn't true. Xbox one ONLY works with Xbox one. 360 ONLY works with 360. ANY base from PS3/PS4/WiiU are interchangable.

https://infinity.disney.com/compatibility
I knew that one, but now that I finally got around to cracking open my D1 360 version I cannot tell the difference between the 360 base and X1 base. Anyone know the telltale sigh for this?

[quote name="dmanko" post="12919836" timestamp="1442287650"]Xbox and Xbox One have a special base. Wii U/PS3/PS4 bases are compatible with each other. Only XB is the outlier.[/quote]

Correct I'm using my 2:0 Xbox one base with 3.0.

You could buy it digitally from the Brazil store and get it for under £10 :)

[quote name="Zeldafanatic15" post="12920584" timestamp="1442334750"]I'm pretty sure the Xbone and xbox bases are the same and are interchangeable, but just with each other other, it is correct they can't work on other platforms, ie Wii u/ps4.[/quote]

The Xbox 360 base from 1.0 will work for 2.0 and 3.0 but only on the 360. The 2.0 Xbox one base will only work on the Xbox one (some security thing Microsoft do) and all other bases are interchangeable

So amazon has this ps3 collectors edition for $70. I have infinity 3.0 for the xbox one. If I pick up just the 2.0 software for xbox one, all the players, figures and toy box games are compatible in the collectors edition correct? That seems like an amazing deal. Is it?
They will all work. It's a good deal for it, I paid about the same (maybe a bit less) when Bestbuy(?) had it on sale.

Thanks for the recommendations, I picked up Nova and Merida so far. I'm considering getting the Inside Out pack. Appreciate any other suggestions.

Also, as far as the power discs and other disc like things lol (shows how much I know about these), which ones are worth having? All I have is 2 Tron discs and 2 scrooge coin ones cause those were suggested for getting more xp and currency. I have about 15 figures, having bought the Saga bundle, and basically starting from zero even though I owned 2.0.
Power disc value is really dependent upon what you are planning to do most. The round discs are character enhancements for the most part, while the square-shapey discs are limited to toy box use but usually offer physical in-game items such as weapons, vehicles, animals to ride, or scenery/background changes.

DI is an easy enough game that you probably wouldn't truly "need" the round disc enhancements to beat the campaign. However, they are fun to use. The Tron one is indeed good because it helps you level up quicker and there are some good ones from 2.0 also like the Infinity Gauntlet which shields you temporarily and kills enemies around you and there's a Nick Fury one in which you get to call in an Airstrike on your enemies. There's also some that change your character costume or summon temporary helpers. I never felt like I had to have them, but I liked them.

The square discs will be fun for the kids in toy box mode, because they literally "drop" elements into the game world, like Aladdin's elephant, Hawkeye's Avengers jet, the Grandpa dude's cane from UP, a Disneyworld tram car, and tons of other Disney shit. My daughter loves to swap discs on and off. I see with 3.0 they put Boba Fett's ship in there.

Bottom line is they are fun if you can get them cheap, unfortunately you missed last Christmas when TRU was clearing out a bunch of them for a dollar a pack, but you should still be able to find some low priced somewhere if you look.

What about software wise? I bought the PS4 Saga Bundle which brings 3.0 software and of course base. I have yet to put the disc in the PS4. If I buy DI 1.0 digitally(I want to play the playset that are no longer compatible with 3.0), can I still use the base that came with 3.0 to play with the figures and toys of 1.0?

bread's done
Back