Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
What about software wise? I bought the PS4 Saga Bundle which brings 3.0 software and of course base. I have yet to put the disc in the PS4. If I buy DI 1.0 digitally(I want to play the playset that are no longer compatible with 3.0), can I still use the base that came with 3.0 to play with the figures and toys of 1.0?
You could, but 1.0 doesn't exist for the PS4. If you have a PS3, the base from your PS4 3.0 will work on it, however.

My understanding of it is the way Microsoft "certifies" their USBs... so it's specialized per machine.  I'm... well... I just don't care enough to determine it for myself. 

PS/Wii don't need that as they're just USB plug n play.

Yea 360 bases only work with the 360 and the one bases.

Source - I have 1 and 2 for the 360 and 2 and 3 for the one. I used the 1.0 for both games on 360 and used the 2.0 one base for 3.0

Tempted to get that 2.0 starter, but I feel like the kids always just wanna play super heroes even though we have a bunch of other figures. I think it'll switch to Jedis once we get 3.0

Anybody else holding out for Best Buy to drop the Saga bundle further? I have the digital edition already but have no playsets nor Star Wars figures... if it hits $80 before GCU, I'm all over it.

Does price matching negate the "save $5" thing or no? And if not, is there a certain "order" that things have to be performed to properly get the deal, either in store or online?

Disney Infinity 2.0 Edition: Toy Box Starter Pack (Wii U) $14.22 credit to SD.

I picked this up since Merida was recommended, seems like a decent deal. I may keep the 2.0 disc if I ever want to go back and play the others as 1.0 is free digital as well.
So help me out here because this is still confusing to me. I want these two figures since my girl will like them... I want to play on PS4 though (I currently have no DI stuff, but plan to get the DI 3.0 SW Saga Set). Am I better off spending $20 on the PS4 set that Amazon has to get the 2.0 software or is that software free somehow?

Anybody else holding out for Best Buy to drop the Saga bundle further? I have the digital edition already but have no playsets nor Star Wars figures... if it hits $80 before GCU, I'm all over it.
Wondering the same. It's already $80 with GCU right? Is it probable for this to go cheaper by Black Friday? I'm not in a rush.

So help me out here because this is still confusing to me. I want these two figures since my girl will like them... I want to play on PS4 though (I currently have no DI stuff, but plan to get the DI 3.0 SW Saga Set). Am I better off spending $20 on the PS4 set that Amazon has to get the 2.0 software or is that software free somehow?

Wondering the same. It's already $80 with GCU right? Is it probable for this to go cheaper by Black Friday? I'm not in a rush.
Not sure where the free idea came from unless someone referenced the free 1.0 software that was on WiiU and may have been limited time. My girls are only interested in Olaf, the inside out cast (a little) and Mulan (a little) so I'm pretty out of the loop on 3.0 although as great deals come along I'll probably jump in even though I'm not the biggest SW fan. It's cool and all, but this isn't gotta have until I get a deal on Bobba Fett. I'll definitely be waiting on BF deals because I'm sure they are coming.

I've lost track of the best deals on 2.0 starter sets or the great deal pricing anymore, but $20 has to be close although I think walmart may have it for $10 at some stores which is SUPER YMMV because Walmart. I think the dungeon discs that some in the pack are 20 MSRP, plus you have a game, a base and 2 figures. I try to get figures at a cost of around $6. I'm not sure if 3.0 is fully bc with previous playsets, but 2.0 wasn't so if you want to play 1.0 playsets you had to have 1.0. In 2.0 the playsets from 1.0 just unlocked items in the toybox. It looks like 2.0 is $10 used disc only at GS and I don't think 1.0 came out on PS4 so you could go that route software wise if you bought the 3.0 set.

PS to those who've been playing 3.0: How is the gameplay for adults in 3.0?

If you have a WiiU you can get DI 1.0 digital for free. Also at amazon you can get physical DI 2.0 Toybox startery pack for $20. So you can play 1.0 and then 2.0 for just $20. Which is what I did and thought it was a great deal if you still want to play the old stuff and not jump straight to 3.0

Don't forget the Light FX lightsabers that will render all lightsaber characters obsolete.
i think that is overstating it a bit. unless you just mean they will be cheaper because they will be less desired. plus since i already have regular ones, i dont know that i would want to rebuy them to have all light FX figures.

i think that is overstating it a bit. unless you just mean they will be cheaper because they will be less desired. plus since i already have regular ones, i dont know that i would want to rebuy them to have all light FX figures.
i wouldn't rebuy but i'm definitely holding off now that i know they're coming

Plus when there will be deals around the holidays why pay full price?
ill echo what others have said, we are talking about next week when the figures will be less than $10 a piece at best buy (with gcu), not full price. also, if you are waiting for the holidays, why not just wait til 4.0 comes out? they will be even cheaper then and ill be playing fallout 4, tomb raider and battlefront this holiday season, disney infinity will be an afterthought by then.

[quote name="ritchardf" post="12925980" timestamp="1442577657"]ill echo what others have said, we are talking about next week when the figures will be less than $10 a piece at best buy (with gcu), not full price. also, if you are waiting for the holidays, why not just wait til 4.0 comes out? they will be even cheaper then and ill be playing fallout 4, tomb raider and battlefront this holiday season, disney infinity will be an afterthought by then.[/quote]

That is true but the collector in me needs it all asap lmao. I'm not waiting for the holidays for everything just on the figures I'm not bothered about. They usually go down to £6 or £7 here.

Im wondering if the lightabers figures with the light up versions will be more durible than the sabers on the plain versions? I know that sounds stupid now as I type it out but who knows.

I am looking for a cheap way to get into these games.  I don't really care about which version.  I just want to get something going for my kids and I to play!

I am looking for a cheap way to get into these games. I don't really care about which version. I just want to get something going for my kids and I to play!
If you have a WiiU get the Toybox 2.0 Starter Pack from Amazon its $20 now was $13 the other day and than download the 1.0 game for free via the eShop. That will get you two characters, (Stitch and Merdia) and the toybox mode for the first two games. You will be able to create your stuff or download premade world made by other people.

The only 3.0 figure that most people shouldn't have been able to get at a discounted price thus far is Fear, correct? I think he's an Amazon timed exclusive and I don't think they've done a sale on individual figures yet. If they don't run a sale I'll wait until his exclusivity runs out and buy it somewhere that does.  

The only 3.0 figure that most people shouldn't have been able to get at a discounted price thus far is Fear, correct? I think he's an Amazon timed exclusive and I don't think they've done a sale on individual figures yet. If they don't run a sale I'll wait until his exclusivity runs out and buy it somewhere that does.
At least at Target, Fear's exclusivity runs out on Sunday, the 20th. My local Target actually had him out on the pegs two weeks ago along with all the other "store exclusives" from GS, WM, TRU, etc..but couldn't sell him due to a register date lock. I wonder if BB will have all the exclusives on Sunday when the sale starts?

That's partly why the range.  I bought the Amazon pack for Inside Out but that was from a separate fund.   Between BB, Target, and a couple of the other things I was able to get the price down a little more.

My point was, though, that I believe the lowest Infinity 2.0/1.0 went was about 8.5 before the recent sales.  So waiting for an FX figure just seems strange when the figures are being sold for what is essentially the lowest price yet for the figures.

Has Kanan been on sale?  Walmart hasn't run a sale as far as I know. My goal is to pick up Ezra and Fear at BB on Sunday, possibly Kanan and Disgust as well.

Is having all the figures, power discs, etc the only way to get the Keyblade in 3.0? I started collecting with 2.0 and mostly have Marvel related figures/power discs, Star Wars, and a few Originals. No idea how I'm going to unlock it if that is the case.

Is having all the figures, power discs, etc the only way to get the Keyblade in 3.0? I started collecting with 2.0 and mostly have Marvel related figures/power discs, Star Wars, and a few Originals. No idea how I'm going to unlock it if that is the case.
You need to own every figure from 1.0 to 3.0, through the release of the Marvel Battlegrounds Playset during the Spring. No power discs are needed.

If you have a WiiU get the Toybox 2.0 Starter Pack from Amazon its $20 now was $13 the other day and than download the 1.0 game for free via the eShop. That will get you two characters, (Stitch and Merdia) and the toybox mode for the first two games. You will be able to create your stuff or download premade world made by other people.
Awesome man thanks for the info man. I found the Xbox 360 version Marvel Starter Kit 2.0 on Craigslist brand new for 20. I figured that may be worth it as well.

[quote name="arthas045" post="12926516" timestamp="1442600501"]Awesome man thanks for the info man. I found the Xbox 360 version Marvel Starter Kit 2.0 on Craigslist brand new for 20. I figured that may be worth it as well.[/quote]

Awesome man thanks for the info man. I found the Xbox 360 version Marvel Starter Kit 2.0 on Craigslist brand new for 20. I figured that may be worth it as well.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-In...h-6-Characters-Value-Bundle-Xbox-360/46137668Before you buy that. Check this deal out. It is a fantastic deal. You are paying about $4 a figure.

I never got my $10 reward zone credit for preordering and buying DI 3.0 at BB and so I contacted CS and now they are telling me it wasn't an eligible title?! I never screenshotted the page because I figured it was no big deal but now I am pissed. 

Today Cheapy mentioned at the end of the cagcast that the Marvel 2.0 Collectors Edition for PS3 was $72 at Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-infinity-marvel-super-heroes-2-0-edition-collectors-edition-playstation-3/8102008.p?id=1219313202787&skuId=8102008

With the 20% off it's in the $50's. 

I looked it up at best Buy and it's no longer available for shipping. None of the Best Buys around me have it. So I did some more looking. Target has the PS4 version for $75. With Redcard  5% off it was $72. But I'd rather pay a little more to get the PS4 version.

http://www.target.com/p/disney-infinity-marvel-super-heroes-2-0-edition-collector-s-edition-playstation-4/-/A-16251788#prodSlot=medium_1_6&term=marvel+2.0+disney+infinity

They're also available on Amazon. $70 for Ps3, $78 for PS4.

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-INFINITY-Marvel-Heroes-Collectors-PlayStation/dp/B00M31VKJ4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442608185&sr=8-2&keywords=disney+2.0+collectors

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-INFINITY-Marvel-Heroes-Collectors-PlayStation/dp/B00M31VKJ4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442608185&sr=8-2&keywords=disney+2.0+collectors

Has anyone posted this yet or put up a seperate thread? Since Cheapy mentioned this I thought it might be worth it for a separate thread, since it's over 50% off. I would have had no idea if Cheapy hadn't said something.

On another note, I picked up the Disney 1.0 carrying case for $19 shipped. IMO that seems to be better made than the 2.00 version. Because it has a place to store the base.

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Infinity-Play-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B00CDW2CK4/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1442608412&sr=1-1&keywords=disney+infinity+play+zone

At least at Target, Fear's exclusivity runs out on Sunday, the 20th. My local Target actually had him out on the pegs two weeks ago along with all the other "store exclusives" from GS, WM, TRU, etc..but couldn't sell him due to a register date lock. I wonder if BB will have all the exclusives on Sunday when the sale starts?
My store got the exclusives in yesterday. Not a huge amount though. Maybe 3-4 of each.

bread's done
Back