Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey you guys just curious do you know what's going on with this rumor is black suit spiderman coming to 3.0, I know it's on the vita version but I heard it was coming to 3.0
There is a spot for it in the collection listed as a 3.0 figure on the Marvel tab with Ultron and Hulkbuster Iron Man. I haven't seen an official announcement (probably at the NYCC panel in October), but it seems to imply there is a way to get it as part of the 3.0 release cycle instead of the 2.0 Vita pack-in.

[quote name="Liquid Metal" post="12931332" timestamp="1442878672"]why can't I find the toy box takeover on amazon? Don't they sell it? Do I even need it?[/quote]
Technically it doesnt come out until October. It came as a preorder bonus, but Target sold me one. I think it is great. I would get it
Think diablo in disney infinity.

Is it possible to buy Playset codes to unlock playsets? Or do you have to buy the full set?
I don't think you can digitally purchase a playset. It has to recognize the nfc reader thing on the base.

If you need some webcodes for the individual characters to use in thr Ios version of the toybox, I might have some leftover that I can just give you.

Well I picked up the PS4 Saga bundle today and Best Buy for $80 after GCU. I originally intended to sell the Boba figure and keep the rest.

However, after Best Buy I made a stop at Goodwill. In the display case I saw a bag and in the bag was a PS4 Infinity 3.0 starter set. The price? $14.99 and the game disc was still sealed. The weird thing is it has everything from the starter, the online codes are missing, and part of the box is with it. There's also the cardboard backers for Boba and Rise Against the Empire so it all clearly came from a Saga set. There were Target return stickers on what was left of the packaging but I have no idea why they would return it the way it was without Boba and the playset.

Who knows? But getting a 3.0 starter for $15 is fantastic. I really regret passing on the Toy Box Takeover I saw at a different goodwill yesterday for $10 now.

I thought about selling off Boba and the extra starter to keep the Rise playset but with fees and such it ends up not really being worth it so I might as well just return the whole bundle.

After being in the fence for days I picked up the Saga bundle because I love Star Wars and Boba Fett. This is my first venture into Disney Infinity and I have no kids so I was worried if it would appeal to me. I am happy I made the jump because 3.0 is a lot of fun and the combat is done well. I have the difficulty set to hard and it give you a decent challenge. If you are on the fence I think the Saga bundle was a great value especially with GCU. Looking forward to the future playsets.

I'm a little disappointed in the Toybox Takeover and Twilight of the Republic sets. Both are a lot of fun, but terribly short! Toybox can be completed in 2-3 hours, and Twilight couldn't have taken me more than 6-8 hours, including most of the bonus missions. I couldn't star on missions requiring characters I do not own, but even so, since you can't replay story mode without losing all previous progress, there isn't a whole lot left to do. I just hope Rise Against the Empire and Inside Out (along with any other packs/playsets) remedy this issue.

Just noticed that today xbldb.com picked up Disney Infinity 2.0 base game dropped from $29.99 to $14.99.  First drop on the digital version of 2.0 according to the site.  This is on the 360.

I'm a little disappointed in the Toybox Takeover and Twilight of the Republic sets. Both are a lot of fun, but terribly short! Toybox can be completed in 2-3 hours, and Twilight couldn't have taken me more than 6-8 hours, including most of the bonus missions. I couldn't star on missions requiring characters I do not own, but even so, since you can't replay story mode without losing all previous progress, there isn't a whole lot left to do. I just hope Rise Against the Empire and Inside Out (along with any other packs/playsets) remedy this issue.
What difficulty level are you playing at? If you're an adult you should be at least on hard, higher if that's too easy.

What difficulty level are you playing at? If you're an adult you should be at least on hard, higher if that's too easy.
This. The games are perfectly balance to finish 1 mission on a "normal" kids attention span. Maybe 2. Then you're just setting up for whinniness otherwise. And if you're a grown person playing on kids difficulty...... don't complain about it. Play it on "man-ly" difficulty.

This. The games are perfectly balance to finish 1 mission on a "normal" kids attention span. Maybe 2. Then you're just setting up for whinniness otherwise. And if you're a grown person playing on kids difficulty...... don't complain about it. Play it on "man-ly" difficulty.
He said they were "terribly short", not too easy. Bumping up the difficulty so enemies take more hits isn't a solution to a game being light on content.

Playsets are only half the game though... if people aren't interested in making their own worlds or downloading other peoples creations then they're only playing half the game. That being said, it does bother me that we likely won't see any future iterations with as much content as 1.0 had... you would think new entries going forward would have as much content, if not more, than previous entries. Instead, they used the first one to get their hooks in and then scaled things back.

Hey, moderator. Can we finally edit the title of this thread to remove "3.0 Announced! Star Wars Incoming! Guard your wallet!"?

Looks like a pretty good deal to me, but I haven't been pricing 2.0 stuff. If you price the statues around $5-6 (a great sale price) you're only paying around $15-20 for the starter pack which isn't too shabby either.

Latest BB ad - Star Wars playset $24.99 ($19.99 with GCU). That's good enough for me. Just hope it's the new one, and not the one in the starter pack being sold separately.

Edit: it is indeed the Rise Against the Empire, with Luke and Leia.

I just got my 75 dollar tax-free, free shipping saga bundle from Amazon 3rd party seller biddeal last night. A lot of people were afraid to purchase it from them because they had some bad reviews. Luckily, the gamble paid off, everything is fine and intact, no issues. They took their sweet time to ship it to me, but other than that, no complaints. 

In case anybody is looking, just left Walmart in KY. They had Han Solo, chewbacca, and Darth Vader available to purchase. I didn't try(just gonna wait for BB) but in case anybody does their shopping at Walmart.

Latest BB ad - Star Wars playset $24.99 ($19.99 with GCU). That's good enough for me. Just hope it's the new one, and not the one in the starter pack being sold separately.

Edit: it is indeed the Rise Against the Empire, with Luke and Leia.
This is regular MSRP correct?

Anyways, sold my 2.0 Toy Box set for $25 last week and ordered the 3.0 Starter Set yesterday for X1.  Came out to around $38 after the jet.com credit deal going on... not bad!

Beats paying 29.99 for just the digital copy on the xbox store.

In case anybody is looking, just left Walmart in KY. They had Han Solo, chewbacca, and Darth Vader available to purchase. I didn't try(just gonna wait for BB) but in case anybody does their shopping at Walmart.
According to people earlier in the thread, Walmart has a register lock on them until the actual release date. I know I saw them on the pegs at my local Walmart as well, but didn't try to buy them.

Rise Against the Empire $24.99

This is regular MSRP correct?
No, playsets always start at $10.00 more than this. Sure, it will probably be cheaper come Black Friday, but I'll get enough use out of this between now and then to make it worth my while. I've exhausted Twilight of the Republic, and am ready to move on to the next set.

But it's terrible, right? I bought the Iron Man set after swearing off Infinity 1.0. Then 2.0 went on sale digitally for 7 bucks so I bought that for Toy Box and finally caved on a playset. I think we put 20 minutes into the Iron Man set and never looked back.

Star Wars is in an entirely different league so far.
It's arguably the best of the 2.0 sets, and is especially fun if you have all five Guardians.

According to people earlier in the thread, Walmart has a register lock on them until the actual release date. I know I saw them on the pegs at my local Walmart as well, but didn't try to buy them.
The figures are locked (I tried to buy Chewie today but couldn't) but the Rise of the Empire set is able to be purchased FYI. Granted that BB deal is probably worth waiting for, but I didn't know about that when I bought the set today. Oh well.

The figures are locked (I tried to buy Chewie today but couldn't) but the Rise of the Empire set is able to be purchased FYI. Granted that BB deal is probably worth waiting for, but I didn't know about that when I bought the set today. Oh well.
Always can price adjust.......Fingers crossed for really good deals next week

Personally, I didn't feel that any of the playsets from 2.0 stood out from one another as far as how fun they were... and the Avengers and Spider-man playsets were so similar in setting that they almost felt the same. 

In other words, I'm not sure why someone who enjoyed the Avengers and Spider-man playsets wouldn't also enjoy the Guardians one; seemed like more of the same to me and the space setting was a welcome change from the other two sets.

If I were to rank the 2.0 sets it'd be:

Spidey

Avengers

Guardians

Avengers and Spidey essentially are the same overlay but with a couple of 'ultimate' universe (or whatever) changed to some of the major buildings.

The story was better than the Loki storyline.

I never finished the guardians storyline so that says a bit about how much I cared for it.

Also, the mass token collection so I could use 1/2 figures from outside the expansion was stupid.  There were too many.  Screw that, I'll just play in the toybox thanks.

Pretty sure I will bite on the 20$ playset from best buy tuesday. Thought about getting the big ps4 set but I don't need the game disc or base so it's probly overpriced for me still

I got the X1 toy box starter pack on sale this week. Now I'm planning on buying the X1 3.0 starter pack with the free figure and the $20 Rise of the Empire playset next week. I've got a mover's coupon so I should be able to get all of those for $67.

Target next week...

• Save $15 on all Disney Infinity Starter Packs
  • Save $10 on all Disney Infinity playsets

Toys 'R' Us

• Save $10 On Any Disney Infinity Starter Pack
  • Buy Any Disney Infinity play set get any power disc pack or single figure for $4.99†
  • Save $20 when you spend $90 or more on Disney Infinity 3.0 playsets, figures or power disc packs

††Limit 1 per guest. Cannot be combined with other offers.

Source: http://infinityinquirer.com/2015/09/24/disney-infinity-rise-against-the-empire-play-set-deals-at-toys-r-us-target/

Target next week...

• Save $15 on all Disney Infinity Starter Packs
  • Save $10 on all Disney Infinity playsets

Toys 'R' Us

• Save $10 On Any Disney Infinity Starter Pack
  • Buy Any Disney Infinity play set get any power disc pack or single figure for $4.99†
  • Save $20 when you spend $90 or more on Disney Infinity 3.0 playsets, figures or power disc packs

††Limit 1 per guest. Cannot be combined with other offers.

Source: http://infinityinquirer.com/2015/09/24/disney-infinity-rise-against-the-empire-play-set-deals-at-toys-r-us-target/
Damn, no deals on just figures! Guess I'll have to wait on Han and Chewie.

Just buy a play set and a $4.99 figure and then return the play set.
They catch that right? and only refund the playset minus difference for full priced figure?

Anyway, awesome Chewbacca is coming this Sunday. Gonna be a great stocking stuffer for my son. Anyone know with the fx figures get released?

They catch that right? and only refund the playset minus difference for full priced figure?
Really, it all just comes down to your morals. Some people are comfortable doing this and some aren't. But on your receipt, the play set and the figure will be two different line items. Therefore, you'll get refunded the price that's on the line next to what you are returning.

My brother works at TRU and he's pretty much just telling me this over my shoulder. But last week, when TRU had the "Buy a Starter Kit, get 2 figures at 50% off," somebody did just that and returned the starter kit, getting 2 figures for $7.49.

Anyway, awesome Chewbacca is coming this Sunday. Gonna be a great stocking stuffer for my son. Anyone know with the fx figures get released?
No, the new figures and playset are due on Tuesday. No release date on the FX figures, but I wouldn't expect them to be released until at least all of the regular versions have come out, including possibly unannounced ones from the new film, so I expect it will be sometime next year. Maybe it will coincide with the wide release of Boba Fett, more likely released in "waves" once all the other Star Wars characters have been released, to continue interest.

Lol I think my Walmart stopped giving a shit. They had like 15+ Vader figures out already, plus they had Lego Dimension's sets just sitting out in the open as well.

Didn't try to buy either though, as I'm in no rush.

No, the new figures and playset are due on Tuesday. No release date on the FX figures, but I wouldn't expect them to be released until at least all of the regular versions have come out, including possibly unannounced ones from the new film, so I expect it will be sometime next year. Maybe it will coincide with the wide release of Boba Fett, more likely released in "waves" once all the other Star Wars characters have been released, to continue interest.
So for us that are waiting for the FX figures, anyone think they will come with a playset as well?

bread's done
Back