Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Target next week...

• Save $15 on all Disney Infinity Starter Packs
  • Save $10 on all Disney Infinity playsets
Toys 'R' Us
  • Save $10 On Any Disney Infinity Starter Pack
  • Buy Any Disney Infinity play set get any power disc pack or single figure for $4.99†
  • Save $20 when you spend $90 or more on Disney Infinity 3.0 playsets, figures or power disc packs
††Limit 1 per guest. Cannot be combined with other offers.

Source: http://infinityinquirer.com/2015/09/24/disney-infinity-rise-against-the-empire-play-set-deals-at-toys-r-us-target/
If the buy a playset, get a figure for 4.99 stacked with the 90 dollar thing, it wouldn't be so bad, but as a one or the other deal, it isn't so great when you take into account "TRU Tax" and all that.

I kept saying what are theses FX Figures you guys are talking about ...googled it oh man looks like I'm going to stop buy figures with lightsabers............Chewy and Han here I come lol

I kept saying what are theses FX Figures you guys are talking about ...googled it oh man looks like I'm going to stop buy figures with lightsabers............Chewy and Han here I come lol
Its why the only Star Wars figures I've bought to date have been Sabine and Garrazeb. Han and Chewie are must haves, especially with Harrison Ford doing the voice.

Guess I'm getting Rise against the Empire at BB with GCU and Inside Out at Target. Was holding out for a good deal on Inside Out, this is good enough, wife has been really eager to play it. I've still barely played much of Infinity, pretty much just stuck with the Toy Hub and Toy Box Takeover for a couple of hours, really enjoyed it.

I guess.. I have all of them... and they're all levelled up so my Yavin  throne room looks nice.  I want the other discs and Vader.  Too bad Maul is released so late in the process.

[quote name="Lord Chabelo" post="12937785" timestamp="1443188970"]Anyone know if there will be a four figure base or will we have to use two bases once the four player playsets are released sometime next year?[/quote]

There's been nothing official or even rumors of it to my knowledge so not sure how that'll work

Anyone know if there will be a four figure base or will we have to use two bases once the four player playsets are released sometime next year?
Details are unknown but JV stated it will use only one base. My thoughts are either they release a base add-on that sits on top of the original base that allows four slots or they allow you to store two of the characters digitally the way the older Skylander 3DS games worked.

There is already some kind of memory functionality. My son was able to join my Toy Box game using Ahsoka without her actually being on the base, she was the last character that was in the player two spot. Not sure how it worked, as we were not trying to do that.

Ford isn't doing the voice.
Even if he was, Ford doesn't sound like Ford did in 1978. They're probably better off using a Ford that impersonates Ford from the late 70's or early 80's than 2015 Ford unless the Rise against the empire playset is somehow supposed to take place at or around the same time as the force awakens, which doesn't make sense, but if it did, only in that case should the real Ford sound the same as the Disney Infinity voice of Ford. :wall:

[quote name="AngryNerdJosh" post="12938073" timestamp="1443199081"]i've seen toybox sets for $15 but not starter sets. Where should i check for $13?[/quote]
Best buy deal of the day was the 2.0 starter kit for $14. This was a few days ago.

Debating whether to dive into this. .Love Star Wars, love Marvel, love Disney. Just concerned about buying so many figures and all, ha ha. Do you think they will likely announce more figures for 3.0 or do you think the full 3.0 list is now announced?

Debating whether to dive into this. .Love Star Wars, love Marvel, love Disney. Just concerned about buying so many figures and all, ha ha. Do you think they will likely announce more figures for 3.0 or do you think the full 3.0 list is now announced?
No thinking involved. There are more figures that are unannounced.

They already announced a Force Awakens playset and two figures. They even showed the figures for Finn and Rey at D34 earlier this year.

There is 100% guaranteed more unannounced figures. We know there's two play sets coming (in December & March) for Force Awakens & Marvel, both sets only have two figures announced for each. Finn & Rey for SWFA and Ultron & Hulkbuster for Marvel. Ant-Man was teased and we know Hulkbuster & Ultron aren't in the play set pack as they're releasing in November, so that's at least 1 more but there's four spots for statues in the Hall of Superheroes, so likely Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch, Vision & Quicksilver. I guarantee Poe Dameron & Kylo Ren will get SWFA figures and probably Captain Phasma too. So right there, 6-7 figures that are unannounced. I'm willing to bet we could get Alice & the Mad Hatter from the live action movie too in 3.0

As mentioned above, we have seen the Finn and Rey figures already. I would be shocked if there is no Kylo Ren figure once the movie is out
They already sort of teased him anyways, they hinted that there could be Light FX for Force Awakens, and since Finn is confirmed not to be holding his lightsaber, Kylo Ren is the obvious choice.

there's no Max Rebo figure announced so they definitely have some left

also the past few years have been weird, since I never watched Clone Wars (apart from the original Tartakovsky micro-series) or Rebels, and now I haven't been paying attention to the Force Awakens media. So now there are Star Wars characters I actually don't know the names of.

also too bad Jedi Knight isn't canon anymore because I want an Infinity figure of Kyle Katarn

So do the playsets (from previous versions) unlock new items in the toybox or they just unlock the items without spending sparks on them?

Also, the Vita 2.0 Starter Set is $24.99 on Gamestop right now and instock if you missed it on the frontpage.

I'm thinking of picking up Infinity 1.0 disc with the Gamestop B2G1. Is it better on PS3 or 360 and are there any bonuses unlocked for using the same for 2.0, 3.0, etc.?

So do the playsets (from previous versions) unlock new items in the toybox or they just unlock the items without spending sparks on them?

Also, the Vita 2.0 Starter Set is $24.99 on Gamestop right now and instock if you missed it on the frontpage.
That's a permanent price drop, too, not a sale.

But DI 3.0 has a slot for Black Spider-man explicitly labeled as a 3.0 figure, so he might be standalone soon.

Need opinions please. Is there a point to keeping figures from 1.0 (beyond being a collector)? Are there any characters that are especially useful in the 2.0 or 3.0 toyboxes? I'm thinking of paring down my collection to my favorites, and selling the rest. 

Need opinions please. Is there a point to keeping figures from 1.0 (beyond being a collector)? Are there any characters that are especially useful in the 2.0 or 3.0 toyboxes? I'm thinking of paring down my collection to my favorites, and selling the rest.
If you have everyone, it should unlock a special toybox weapon (lightsaber in 2.0 and keyblade in 3.0). Other than that, I think you would only need the playset landmark to unlock all the stuff in toybox, but not the figures.

If you have everyone, it should unlock a special toybox weapon (lightsaber in 2.0 and keyblade in 3.0). Other than that, I think you would only need the playset landmark to unlock all the stuff in toybox, but not the figures.
The light saber was in 1.0, wasn't it a speeder bike in 2.0? Anyway, picked up the Vita version of 2.0 at GS when I was there for the retro Amiibo three pack I pre-ordered. I figured, even if they release black suit Spidey as a standalone, 25 for the pack puts the game at $10-15. They had to get it from out back, not even in the mess of other stuff behind the counter.

Where did you see this? There was a rumor but last I heard was a few days ago (maybe a week ago) JV said they had no plans to release him by himself.
It was a report from Infinity Inquirer. Who knows....

And as far as I know.. JV said specifically that he wasn't one of the "new" marvel figures. Well.. no he's not new technically.

[quote name="gravel" post="12938958" timestamp="1443231958"]The light saber was in 1.0, wasn't it a speeder bike in 2.0? Anyway, picked up the Vita version of 2.0 at GS when I was there for the retro Amiibo three pack I pre-ordered. I figured, even if they release black suit Spidey as a standalone, 25 for the pack puts the game at $10-15. They had to get it from out back, not even in the mess of other stuff behind the counter.[/quote]
Yea it was the light saber in both 1.0 And 2.0 but the land speeder in 2.0 as well

It was a report from Infinity Inquirer. Who knows....

And as far as I know.. JV said specifically that he wasn't one of the "new" marvel figures. Well.. no he's not new technically.
The rumor started when people found there was an entry specifically for him in 3.0

When asked via Twitter, if they would release a black suit as a standalone he said they have no plans to do so.

The rumor started when people found there was an entry specifically for him in 3.0

When asked via Twitter, if they would release a black suit as a standalone he said they have no plans to do so.
Yea, he also ignored the question as to whether Black Spidey would be re-released with another pack. The fact that in the options it shows it as a 3.0 figure specifically when all the others are shown as 2.0 is a bit suspect.

Yea, he also ignored the question as to whether Black Spidey would be re-released with another pack. The fact that in the options it shows it as a 3.0 figure specifically when all the others are shown as 2.0 is a bit suspect.
Anything is possible for sure, but I just don't want people to get false hopes. As of right now it is not confirmed, which you said it was...

bread's done
Back