Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything is possible for sure, but I just don't want people to get false hopes. As of right now it is not confirmed, which you said it was...
You're right... reading inquirer more closely... but to be fair.. they've predicted the correct info WAY too many times to dismiss them so easily.

Yea, he also ignored the question as to whether Black Spidey would be re-released with another pack. The fact that in the options it shows it as a 3.0 figure specifically when all the others are shown as 2.0 is a bit suspect.
What I'm curious about is when you scan in a 2.0 black suit spiderman into your collection does it show up as the regular 2.0 spiderman or does it show up as the 3.0 designated black suit spiderman.

I'd try it myself but I sold my black suit spiderman because $40 for one figure is more than I'm willing to pass on selling it for.

What I'm curious about is when you scan in a 2.0 black suit spiderman into your collection does it show up as the regular 2.0 spiderman or does it show up as the 3.0 designated black suit spiderman.

I'd try it myself but I sold my black suit spiderman because $40 for one figure is more than I'm willing to pass on selling it for.
I bought the Vita pack specifically for Symbiote Spidey. When scanning him into the 3.0 game, he registered as a 3.0 character. Can't remember if he gave anything else.

Need opinions please. Is there a point to keeping figures from 1.0 (beyond being a collector)? Are there any characters that are especially useful in the 2.0 or 3.0 toyboxes? I'm thinking of paring down my collection to my favorites, and selling the rest.
Save for the collect-them-all bonuses, the only thing the figures themselves unlock are the costumes for those mini-guys/companions. Playsets unlock enemies, vehicles, characters, textures, etc.

As far as who to keep and who to turn loose, most of the 1.0 characters are pretty shallow compared to the later ones, but there are a few worth keeping. Elsa's freezing power remains a formidable weapon up to and including the most recent installment, and Violet's unlimited invisibility and shield antics still make her a powerhouse, though the 3.0 enemies have learned new tricks and neither is as game-breakingly powerful as they were in the earlier installments. Mrs. Incredible remains unique and useful, even if she's starting to show her age, as is Syndrome. Also, keep Jack Sparrow and Davey Jones, as their playset is still one of the best, and they're pretty useful, even if they pale compared to some of the newer characters.

Anna and Rapunzel are nearly carbon copies of each other, their melee weapons differing only in appearance, and their secondary weapons are different, but it doesn't matter, as each can be equipped through the packs and tools menu, so whomever you prefer is the one you should keep. Mr. Incredible is a less-powerful version of Hulk, and Dash would be good were it not for Hulk's similar running power. Phineas is lame, and Agent P is a watered down Captain America. Wreck It Ralph is horrendously shallow, with his cherry bombs being one of the game's worst weapons. Vanellope has the misfortune of having the same weapon, and though her glitch attack looks cool, it's really a glorified headbutt, so you won't miss her unless you really like the character, who has probably the most voice clips (done by Silverman herself) of any character. Unless you still love their playsets, get rid of the Monsters, Toy Story, and Lone Ranger characters, as their use outside their sets (especially Monsters) is sorely limited.

I bought the 2.0 toybox last week. Should I just buy the digital game on ps4 for 3.0 or get the saga bundle? Probably get start wars stuff anyways. Not sure what the game is, the kids should love it. Didn't item the 2.0 up yet.

I bought the 2.0 toybox last week. Should I just buy the digital game on ps4 for 3.0 or get the saga bundle? Probably get start wars stuff anyways. Not sure what the game is, the kids should love it. Didn't item the 2.0 up yet.
If you have GCU I would get the Saga bundle tomorrow for $72 at Best Buy that way you get both playsets with Boba Fett plus you will get an additional free figure with it.

If you have GCU I would get the Saga bundle tomorrow for $72 at Best Buy that way you get both playsets with Boba Fett plus you will get an additional free figure with it.
Its pretty crazy how fast this dropped. If I hadnt gotten the starter pack for $32 I would really feel like I got a ripoff!

Oh boy.  Picked up the $25 vita version for the black spidey, then picked up the crystal lone ranger and crystal mickey from TRU on sale (online, $25 for both shipped).  Now I have all 1.0 and 2.0 figures.  Now to start whittling down 3.0.  Only need Mulan, Fear, Quorra and then the new ones on 9/29 and beyond.  At this point, I'm even done pretending these are for the kids.  I collect disney infinity figures and I have issues, heh heh.

Oh boy. Picked up the $25 vita version for the black spidey, then picked up the crystal lone ranger and crystal mickey from TRU on sale (online, $25 for both shipped). Now I have all 1.0 and 2.0 figures. Now to start whittling down 3.0. Only need Mulan, Fear, Quorra and then the new ones on 9/29 and beyond. At this point, I'm even done pretending these are for the kids. I collect disney infinity figures and I have issues, heh heh.
Haha, the struggle is real. I went ahead and ordered the Empire playset tonight...I was gonna wait for a holiday sale but $20 after GCU? Hell yeah!

Save for the collect-them-all bonuses, the only thing the figures themselves unlock are the costumes for those mini-guys/companions. Playsets unlock enemies, vehicles, characters, textures, etc.

As far as who to keep and who to turn loose, most of the 1.0 characters are pretty shallow compared to the later ones, but there are a few worth keeping. Elsa's freezing power remains a formidable weapon up to and including the most recent installment, and Violet's unlimited invisibility and shield antics still make her a powerhouse, though the 3.0 enemies have learned new tricks and neither is as game-breakingly powerful as they were in the earlier installments. Mrs. Incredible remains unique and useful, even if she's starting to show her age, as is Syndrome. Also, keep Jack Sparrow and Davey Jones, as their playset is still one of the best, and they're pretty useful, even if they pale compared to some of the newer characters.

Anna and Rapunzel are nearly carbon copies of each other, their melee weapons differing only in appearance, and their secondary weapons are different, but it doesn't matter, as each can be equipped through the packs and tools menu, so whomever you prefer is the one you should keep. Mr. Incredible is a less-powerful version of Hulk, and Dash would be good were it not for Hulk's similar running power. Phineas is lame, and Agent P is a watered down Captain America. Wreck It Ralph is horrendously shallow, with his cherry bombs being one of the game's worst weapons. Vanellope has the misfortune of having the same weapon, and though her glitch attack looks cool, it's really a glorified headbutt, so you won't miss her unless you really like the character, who has probably the most voice clips (done by Silverman herself) of any character. Unless you still love their playsets, get rid of the Monsters, Toy Story, and Lone Ranger characters, as their use outside their sets (especially Monsters) is sorely limited.
Extremely helpful, thank you!

Inside out playset is also $24.99 - $19.99 with gcu.  Might buy that one since that's the only playset I'm missing.

Aw man this whole time I thought the Star Wars playset was 19.99 before GCU, I'll be waiting on this (probably find this playset at gamestop used) while buying the FX Luke this holiday season..... Hey does anyone know what sales TRU have this week, I still want Han and Chewbacca

So for anyone that has done Post Purchase price matching from BBY.com ... I bought the Saga pack on release. When I call in for the price adjustment, is it likely to be able to get the free figure as well now or will they only adjust the base price in these types of circumstances. 

So for anyone that has done Post Purchase price matching from BBY.com ... I bought the Saga pack on release. When I call in for the price adjustment, is it likely to be able to get the free figure as well now or will they only adjust the base price in these types of circumstances.
Probably just the base price, unless they allow you to return and rebuy.

According to Bestbuy.com their return/exchange window is only 15 days now? When the hell did this happen? It used to be 30, didn't it?

As it stands, if you bought the Saga Bundle on release day, you shouldn't even be eligable for a price adjustment, because we're past the 15 day mark at this point (but not 30)... have people had success getting them to adjust it anyway? I was planning to try, but if they enforce the 15 days, I shouldn't theoretically be eligible.

According to Bestbuy.com their return/exchange window is only 15 days now? When the hell did this happen? It used to be 30, didn't it?

As it stands, if you bought the Saga Bundle on release day, you shouldn't even be eligable for a price adjustment, because we're past the 15 day mark at this point (but not 30)... have people had success getting them to adjust it anyway? I was planning to try, but if they enforce the 15 days, I shouldn't theoretically be eligible.
It happened awhile back, it caught me by surprise too. I think I had 30 days when I was some kind of a premium member, but I think I lost that because I hadn't purchased enough. Check your "status" with them, you may have the 30 days.

I tried to do an adjustment before for a deal that gave a free gift, but CS said it doesn't apply for "free gift with purchase" deals. I just got the money difference back.

It happened awhile back, it caught me by surprise too. I think I had 30 days when I was some kind of a premium member, but I think I lost that because I hadn't purchased enough. Check your "status" with them, you may have the 30 days.
It's been 15 days for quite a while now. 30 days for Elite members. So if you're Elite, you get 30 days to do a price adjustment.

It's been 15 days for quite a while now. 30 days for Elite members. So if you're Elite, you get 30 days to do a price adjustment.
I think the top level of elite (whatever they call it now) gets 45 days. I have a BB credit card that I use for daily purchases and pay off each month and ALL purchases I make on the card count towards the elite levels so I'm always at the top level.

I wish the starter pack was on sale instead of this. I can get one new around 45 on ebay but if Best Buy had it for 50 and then gcu came off I think I'd be in.

Just got interested the last few days. The on sale ps4 set seems like a good deal but want to see if I like the game before spending that much

Got mine price matched this morning. I had tried to PM 2 weeks ago but they didn't do it when I called in so I just got a hold of the store. Very frustrated with this whole interaction but I got my $21 added back to my CC but it was way too much work. Seems like nobody at BB knows what GCU is. Or that they should give me my discount when I get a price adjustment for a price at BB.

So I'm looking to get into Infinity now with 3.0 coming out but I'm also interested in playing/collecting the 1.0 and 2.0 figures and play sets. I just am a little bit confused. Is the best way to go about doing that to download 2.0 and 1.0 digital and use the 3.0 base and just get the figures and play sets separately? I'm kinda late to the game but I can't see any reason to have 3 different bases?

So I'm looking to get into Infinity now with 3.0 coming out but I'm also interested in playing/collecting the 1.0 and 2.0 figures and play sets. I just am a little bit confused. Is the best way to go about doing that to download 2.0 and 1.0 digital and use the 3.0 base and just get the figures and play sets separately? I'm kinda late to the game but I can't see any reason to have 3 different bases?
You're going to have to scan back.... any system OTHER than the Xbox's... you can share the base.... if you go Xbox.... you can't.

Called mine in, didnt seem to be any issue getting the 8$ back. But they couldnt do the free figure, said I'd have to send it back in and rebuy. Can't do that since I don't have the packaging anymore, plus I don't want to screw over the RZ Cert and Toy box Takeover

Im going to be getting it for PS4. So I can just get the figures and stuff for 2.0 at least and buy the game for 2.0 digital?
If you aren't going to get the 2.0 playsets (Spider-Man, Avengers, GotG) then don't even bother getting 2.0 in any form. 1.0 is only on last-gen systems too btw.

If you aren't going to get the 2.0 playsets (Spider-Man, Avengers, GotG) then don't even bother getting 2.0 in any form. 1.0 is only on last-gen systems too btw.
I want to get the 2.0 playsets. Im a little confused though. If I buy the Avengers playset, that comes with 2 characters and the avengers tower, that avengers tower is the like "mission" piece right? I'm sorry this sounds horribly dumb but I want to make sure I've got this right.

Called mine in, didnt seem to be any issue getting the 8$ back. But they couldnt do the free figure, said I'd have to send it back in and rebuy. Can't do that since I don't have the packaging anymore, plus I don't want to screw over the RZ Cert and Toy box Takeover
Not true. I threw out the packaging, but they were able to do this for me in-store with just the sku #'s. They processed it as an exchange, returning the saga bundle and then adding the figure with the saga bundle.

I want to get the 2.0 playsets. Im a little confused though. If I buy the Avengers playset, that comes with 2 characters and the avengers tower, that avengers tower is the like "mission" piece right? I'm sorry this sounds horribly dumb but I want to make sure I've got this right.
Pretty much. The playsets have missions that can only be done by the characters that go with it. Then there's the toy box where you can use any of the characters including from previous games to build worlds, games, etc.

[quote name="kaos424" post="12941543" timestamp="1443396542"]I want to get the 2.0 playsets. Im a little confused though. If I buy the Avengers playset, that comes with 2 characters and the avengers tower, that avengers tower is the like "mission" piece right? I'm sorry this sounds horribly dumb but I want to make sure I've got this right.[/quote]

Not a dumb question at all, yes they are worlds for those characters (and some single figures as well) but remember the 2.0 players only work in 2.0 and not 3.0

Picked up the 3.0 starter set today at Best Buy with GCU and chose Sabine as my free figure. I was hoping to use a 10% off mover's coupon on the set but since it came with a free figure it counted as a "bundle" and voided the coupon. So I'm going to use it on a playset (it expires on Wednesday). I had been planning on getting Rise of the Empire but I see that Inside Out is also $10 off this week. I know tastes vary, but can anyone recommend one over the other? Are there huge differences besides characters and story? Or does it just come down to which property you prefer?

Not true. I threw out the packaging, but they were able to do this for me in-store with just the sku #'s. They processed it as an exchange, returning the saga bundle and then adding the figure with the saga bundle.
But did you buy/reserve instore though? I did an instore pickup through the website

I was able to score a ps4 3.0 new starter pack for 36 and change shipped. Happy with that. I have a reward certificate for Best Buy which I will likely use on either the other Star Wars playset or the Inside Out playset this week to get one for 15.

OK off topic I know .... but is there anyone with the PS4 version of 2.0 that could help me with the four player trophy ? It's the only one I need for the platinum. Been trying to complete it before moving on to 3.0

PSN ID is QuantamPulse

bread's done
Back