Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased the PS4 SAGA pack with Darth Vader...I'll eventually get the other Star Wars.  It's for the kids for XMAS...I have a 45 day Elite Plus return policy.  Hopefully they like it, we have yet to play it.

Picked up the 3.0 starter set today at Best Buy with GCU and chose Sabine as my free figure. I was hoping to use a 10% off mover's coupon on the set but since it came with a free figure it counted as a "bundle" and voided the coupon. So I'm going to use it on a playset (it expires on Wednesday). I had been planning on getting Rise of the Empire but I see that Inside Out is also $10 off this week. I know tastes vary, but can anyone recommend one over the other? Are there huge differences besides characters and story? Or does it just come down to which property you prefer?
Inside out is largely a platformer, split between two types: a 2-D side scroller, like old school Mario, and full 3-D movement, like Super Mario 3-D World (though not as good). There's enough items to collect to make old school Rare proud, as well as time challenges and other stuff to work on once you beat the main story. If you like the property, you'll want all the feelings, but if you can care less, all you need is the two it came with and Fear (whose speed comes in handy, especially during speed runs). There's a "disguise" station which lets you transform temporarily into other characters whenever one of their unique abilities is required to progress in the game.

Rise I've not yet played, though I imagine it's a lot like Twilight of the Republic; lots of lightsaber combat and shooting, but with cooler characters and levels. I also heard it's heavier on vehicles, as the developer specializes in that.

So, they are quite different. It depends on what you're in the mood for - platforming, or combat.

BTW, good choice on Sabine. She was my first 3.0 character, and with her blasters she can hold her own as well as or better than the Jedi that are getting so much attention.

Inside out is largely a platformer, split between two types: a 2-D side scroller, like old school Mario, and full 3-D movement, like Super Mario 3-D World (though not as good). There's enough items to collect to make old school Rare proud, as well as time challenges and other stuff to work on once you beat the main story. If you like the property, you'll want all the feelings, but if you can care less, all you need is the two it came with and Fear (whose speed comes in handy, especially during speed runs). There's a "disguise" station which lets you transform temporarily into other characters whenever one of their unique abilities is required to progress in the game.

Rise I've not yet played, though I imagine it's a lot like Twilight of the Republic; lots of lightsaber combat and shooting, but with cooler characters and levels. I also heard it's heavier on vehicles, as the developer specializes in that.

So, they are quite different. It depends on what you're in the mood for - platforming, or combat.

BTW, good choice on Sabine. She was my first 3.0 character, and with her blasters she can hold her own as well as or better than the Jedi that are getting so much attention.
Thanks! I spent way too long watching videos and reading about available figures before settling on Sabine. She seemed well-rounded, with more variety to combat, and I like getting female characters for my daughter to play as. I think I'll stick with Rise, provided I have enough fun with Twilight before Rise comes out (my BB actually had the new playset on shelves today, along with Han, Chewie, and Vader, but I was shot down at the register, as expected). I'll keep an eye out for an Inside Out deal on Black Friday, perhaps as a Christmas present for my daughter, but I'm afraid Mario Maker has spoiled me on anything less than perfect platforming.

I'm brand new to Infinity. The temptation is strong to dive in too deep. I'm trying to resist purchases I will either regret or will keep me from all the excellent toy box content.

So you got a second adjustment? I got a first adjustment, but I wonder if I could just return/rebuy so I could get the free figure.
Yes, I attempted a price adjust last Sunday but they had issues and had to perform a complete return and rebuy. Yesterday I went in for the new price adjustment and again, they did not know how, so they did a return/rebuy.

Not a dumb question at all, yes they are worlds for those characters (and some single figures as well) but remember the 2.0 players only work in 2.0 and not 3.0
I can use the 2.0 figures and their "world" together on the 3.0 base though right? I just need to get a copy of the 2.0 game itself?

I can use the 2.0 figures and their "world" together on the 3.0 base though right? I just need to get a copy of the 2.0 game itself?
The base from previous versions is compatible with 3.0. You can set the playsets on down on the base in 3.0 to unlock their toys, but you cannot play the playsets. 2.0 characters work in 3.0's toy box mode and later next year, all 2.0 Marvel characters will be able to use the new 3.0 Marvel Battlegrounds playset.

The base from previous versions is compatible with 3.0. You can set the playsets on down on the base in 3.0 to unlock their toys, but you cannot play the playsets. 2.0 characters work in 3.0's toy box mode and later next year, all 2.0 Marvel characters will be able to use the new 3.0 Marvel Battlegrounds playset.
So in order to play the 2.0 playsets I need to have a 2.0 base and the 2.0 game? Seems like a waste to have multiple bases sitting around.

So in order to play the 2.0 playsets I need to have a 2.0 base and the 2.0 game? Seems like a waste to have multiple bases sitting around.
No, any base 1.0-3.0 (besides Xbox 360) will work fine... To play the playsets you will need a copy/download of either 1.0-3.0 depending on which playset your trying to play

Anyone playing 3.0 on X1 have frame rate issues when coming back from suspend? Like, start, stop, start, stop, start, stop every second or two? First time I loaded up Twilight of the Republic and the crawl came up it was like reading off of an old dot matrix printer. Seems to be fine as long as I quit completely out of the game after a play session. Not the biggest hassle, but still...

I am impressed with the Toy Box this time around. The content is fun, and, with a few exceptions (being trapped in a room with no escape in the Hoth level) all work properly and can be completed. Not sure if it's a better tutorial, or an overall superior engine, but while there are still progress resets by stepping into the wrong section of a level, I haven't noticed nearly as many trigger fails or playsets that top out without notifying you that you've done all there is to do. Sabine's mission and that Boss Rush are especially good, and the two Arenas (a regular and Star Wars) are a good place to hone my skills and level up my characters with combat more intense than that which you typically find in the playsets.

and level up my characters
... you mean you actually take the time to level them up?

Seriously man... Spark Generators ftw. Turn on some football, and every other commercial break (roughly) is a 1 to 20 character.... plus the money it generates as well.

Honestly, it's the best way to earn the money to unlock all the stuff the kid wants to play/place in the Toybox, but without the actual time consumption of actually levelling.

Anyone playing 3.0 on X1 have frame rate issues when coming back from suspend? Like, start, stop, start, stop, start, stop every second or two? First time I loaded up Twilight of the Republic and the crawl came up it was like reading off of an old dot matrix printer. Seems to be fine as long as I quit completely out of the game after a play session. Not the biggest hassle, but still...
Same problem here. If I go to suspend and come back it is a lagging stuttering mess. Have to quit completely and restart game. Kind of weird that this is the only xbox one game I have had trouble with.

[quote name="kaos424" post="12941976" timestamp="1443434551"]So in order to play the 2.0 playsets I need to have a 2.0 base and the 2.0 game? Seems like a waste to have multiple bases sitting around.[/quote]

Not at all, any of the bases will work with any of the versions (as long as it's compatible with the same console)

Same problem here. If I go to suspend and come back it is a lagging stuttering mess. Have to quit completely and restart game. Kind of weird that this is the only xbox one game I have had trouble with.
Does your audio ever cut out too? Mine will drop all the dialogue and only play the background music. I have to completely close out and come back to fix it.

Does your audio ever cut out too? Mine will drop all the dialogue and only play the background music. I have to completely close out and come back to fix it.
My audio gets "fuzzy" (for lack of a better word) but I haven't had it cut out completely. Then again, I only got the game yesterday.

Pretty sad that the XB1 version is the one with the problems. Are developers still having issues with it? Kinda reminds me of how the early PS3 sports games were crappier than their PS2 counterparts due to bugs like this. 

Yep my audio cuts in and out. Hopefully a patch comes out this fixes this. I use the suspend feature all the time (watch Netflix or Hulu then go right back to where I was in my game almost instantly).

Just wondering...did anybody here order a 3.0 Starter Pack from Best Buy during the 50% off glitch earlier this year and if so did you try to get a free figure this week with the promo? Wondering if it's even worth trying to call their CS about it.

Just wondering...did anybody here order a 3.0 Starter Pack from Best Buy during the 50% off glitch earlier this year and if so did you try to get a free figure this week with the promo? Wondering if it's even worth trying to call their CS about it.
Yes. Be nice and spell it out for them. Tell them that it's in their weekly promo. Have them add the starter set and the figure to their cart. Then you should be golden.

Went and picked up the saga bundle today. I let my 3 year old pick out the free character. Figured he'd go with Olaf or Mickey. He chose Darth Vader. Proud papa moment!

Vadar looks amazing too, hard to hold off until the light fx
Yeah, I have never paid full price for a figure but the Vadar figure is so tempting. Hopefully someone has a sale soon or I may cave lol.

I picked up a few figures at Meijer today on clearance.  Some were $2, $4, $6...random prices.  I ended up with Elsa, Woody, Wreck it Ralph, Aladdin, and Maleficent.  I haven't even played the game yet!

Sorry if this is off topic, but I was wondering what the best way to sell off DI and the figures was? My son wants that new Lego game and I told him only if we got rid of Disney infinity first. Thanks!

Has anyone had a problem with their figures fading? I just started playing 2.0, and discovered my Baymax and Ronan look like they have a whitish coating on them.

Also, what is the best enemy for leveling up? I currently have my enemy generators spitting out large frost giants. Is there someone better?

Thanks!

Has anyone had a problem with their figures fading? I just started playing 2.0, and discovered my Baymax and Ronan look like they have a whitish coating on them.

Also, what is the best enemy for leveling up? I currently have my enemy generators spitting out large frost giants. Is there someone better?

Thanks!
Mine are set for random bosses. 2 levels of 9 a piece and with the auto destruct I gain EXP fast. Mine gains money faster than the spark generator that the other guys developped but theirs gains more XP. Not sure why and it's honestly not worth figuring out.

[quote name="1badta" post="12945092" timestamp="1443578851"]Yeah, I have never paid full price for a figure but the Vadar figure is so tempting. Hopefully someone has a sale soon or I may cave lol.[/quote]

Don't think I paid full price either. GameStop was great for 1.0 £6.97 a figure and offer of 3 for 2 was great

Last year was Marvel, this year was Star Wars, what big thing will be next year? Seeing what Lego Dimensions is doing with crossovers, I think a great direction would be play sets with plots involving the three realms (Disney, Marvel, Star Wars) interacting together. I'd buy one!

Last year was Marvel, this year was Star Wars, what big thing will be next year? Seeing what Lego Dimensions is doing with crossovers, I think a great direction would be play sets with plots involving the three realms (Disney, Marvel, Star Wars) interacting together. I'd buy one!
Personally, I want a return to Disney. There are so many potentially great playsets. Nightmare Before Christmas would be amazing, but Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Book and so many others lend themselves well to this style game. A Muppet playset would be great, and would go with the new TV show. A Mickey Mouse clubhouse playset for all the classic Disney characters seems like a no brainer (w/ Goofy and Pluto). I would imagine we will get yearly Star Wars playsets for the yearly Star Wars movie.

Edit: I shouldn't have said "return" to Disney, as the "Disney" sets have all been Pixar or live action. I want some classic Disney animation playsets.

Personally, I want a return to Disney.
I want a Kingdom Hearts style story where-in you can play all those "crappy" "toy box only" characters in a story. There are so many good ones. You mentioned Jack Skellington, Phineas and Ferb, Frozen, Tinkerbell, Stitch. So many good IPs.... but they won't do it because it doesn't sell "new" figures. But hell sell me a 3 pack $40 expansion only. I'll buy that crap. Anything that lets me use the less used figs.

Mentioning Tinkerbell, DI has obviously shied away from the "girl" playsets. The Disney Fairies and Frozen are IPs that would make for good playsets and feature some of their most popular characters and yet Disney has not made them. I think that is one of their biggest mistakes. 

As for your Kingdom Hearts style game, I think Toybox Takeover was supposed to be that.

I want a Kingdom Hearts style story where-in you can play all those "crappy" "toy box only" characters in a story. There are so many good ones. You mentioned Jack Skellington, Phineas and Ferb, Frozen, Tinkerbell, Stitch. So many good IPs.... but they won't do it because it doesn't sell "new" figures. But hell sell me a 3 pack $40 expansion only. I'll buy that crap. Anything that lets me use the less used figs.
I'd be happy with more stuff like Toybox Takeover, but longer, much, much longer. Kingdom Hearts IV only on Infinity - that would be something!

Mentioning Tinkerbell, DI has obviously shied away from the "girl" playsets. The Disney Fairies and Frozen are IPs that would make for good playsets and feature some of their most popular characters and yet Disney has not made them. I think that is one of their biggest mistakes.

As for your Kingdom Hearts style game, I think Toybox Takeover was supposed to be that.
It was mentioned what a mistake it was to not do a playset for Frozen, yet do one for The Lone Ranger. There's a possibility of seeing a Frozen 2 set once the movie releases, but who to include as pack-ins? Christof and whoever Elsa's love interest is (I'm betting that love for Elsa will be a big part of the plot). They can't sell new toys, but they can increase demand for pre-existing ones - anyone on the fence might no longer be if a new playset based on the hot new movie is out.

DARKWING DUCK MOTHERfuckER

[quote name="rbenns2" post="12948159" timestamp="1443728551"]Last year was Marvel, this year was Star Wars, what big thing will be next year? Seeing what Lego Dimensions is doing with crossovers, I think a great direction would be play sets with plots involving the three realms (Disney, Marvel, Star Wars) interacting together. I'd buy one![/quote]

Can't remember who said it but before the game became a reality they made sure that figures wouldn't cross over in play sets (to keep it true to form) but the toy box could.

As for a theme I don't think there will be one, but if there is hopefully just Disney infinity 4.0 : originals

There's a good Disney infinity fans forum for those looking - disneyinfinityfans.com

I remember reading John Vignocchi say that Disney Infinity, in the corporate scheme of things, is promotional in nature. It's supposed to support Disney's promotional pushes. So don't expect playsets based on older things, like Duck Tales. If you want to know what's coming up pay attention to their D23 announcements for 2016.

That being said I would love Tron (1982).

Do they own another property big enough to base a whole game on? I can see them having to go back to the 3 characters/playsets in the starter pack model of the first game to get people to buy. Maybe 4.0 could be Lion King, Ratatouille, and The Jungle Book (2016 Live action film).

I remember reading John Vignocchi say that Disney Infinity, in the corporate scheme of things, is promotional in nature. It's supposed to support Disney's promotional pushes. So don't expect playsets based on older things, like Duck Tales. If you want to know what's coming up pay attention to their D23 announcements for 2016.

That being said I would love Tron (1982).
To mr, this says DI 4.0 is SW Rogue One, Finding Dory, Marvel Civil War and... not sure. One or 2 more sets. A Disney originals makes a ton of sense, packed with Pluto and Goofy, and an individual figure of Daisy. Promotional because of Mickey Clubouse. Lots of options for another set though. Muppets are possible if the TV show survives. There is probably an animated movie, but Disney hasn't made a set for a nonPixar animated movie. On their release schedule the BFG releases next year, that would be an interesting one. Doctor Strange is another possibility.

[quote name="tyrok3k" post="12948371" timestamp="1443735075"]Do they own another property big enough to base a whole game on? I can see them having to go back to the 3 characters/playsets in the starter pack model of the first game to get people to buy. Maybe 4.0 could be Lion King, Ratatouille, and The Jungle Book (2016 Live action film).[/quote]

They haven't perfected the mechanics for 4 legged figures yet, same with water but that'd be great if they could for 4.0

They'll likely perfect water enough for the release of Finding Dori. In 2017 and 2018, we're getting three Marvel movies each. We'll definitely see Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and whoever else shows up in the MCU, and plenty of story lines to crib from.

bread's done
Back