Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova will definitely be someone I pick up soon, then! Didn't realize he was that good.

Yeah, I am loving Hulk. Especially using him in the Toybox Takeover expansion. He's just unstoppable.

I'll probably grab Merida next time I see her. Thanks!

Thanks to the cheap discs at TRU I now have a smallish collection, only disappointment is that I am quickly amassing a collection of doubles. I have like 3 Iron Fist alt costumes and I think 4 Ant Man discs now. Super surprised that I've gotten Infinity Gauntlet already but have yet to run into either the Iron Patriot team up disc or the Iron Man/Cap alt costumes.
If you're buying Merida anyway, you may want to buy this for $14 instead. http://www.amazon.com/Disney-INFINITY-Toy-Starter-Pack-Nintendo/dp/B00MCC370Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1446021233&sr=1-1&keywords=disney+infinity+2.0+toybox

You get Merida, Stitch, and those Stitch/Merida power disc/playset piece adventure things.

And then you can probably trade the game and base to GS for around .25 cents a piece . :)

I just bought a bunch of 2.0 power discs. I'm waiting for an online order too. I'm assuming TRU will drop them to .99 cents and .25 cents like the 1.0 discs, but it's getting tough finding the marvel packs around here lately. I figured I'd bite the bullet and buy up a bunch now for $1.49 a piece. I'm not sure how many I'll find in stores when they drop in price further.

Went to Sams Club and found that they aree clearing out all their 1.0 and 2.0 stuff, picked up the 2.0 toybox starter pack for XBox One for $19.99, a couple 1.0 figs for $5, the Cars 1.0 playset for $8. Everything was marked at regular MSRP but it rang up like that at the register.

[quote name="chrisbravo" post="12993671" timestamp="1446073849"]Went to Sams Club and found that they aree clearing out all their 1.0 and 2.0 stuff, picked up the 2.0 toybox starter pack for XBox One for $19.99, a couple 1.0 figs for $5, the Cars 1.0 playset for $8. Everything was marked at regular MSRP but it rang up like that at the register.[/quote]
Dang it...

If you're buying Merida anyway, you may want to buy this for $14 instead. http://www.amazon.com/Disney-INFINITY-Toy-Starter-Pack-Nintendo/dp/B00MCC370Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1446021233&sr=1-1&keywords=disney+infinity+2.0+toybox

You get Merida, Stitch, and those Stitch/Merida power disc/playset piece adventure things.

And then you can probably trade the game and base to GS for around .25 cents a piece . :)
Thanks for the tip, went and had Target price match the Wii U toy box set. Can't beat $13 for both figures and power discs. Will trade in or sell the game disc and base.

Also got the speedway set with Cartwheel.

[quote name="space_space" post="12991687" timestamp="1445986815"]Can you unlock more cars in the speedway or is it just limited to the basic green, red, yellow cars + any power discs you have?
I was hoping to drive around in more disney cars, not just the generic ones + my general grevious wheel speeder.[/quote]

Beside the red car (I think) is a vehicle summoner on the ground (round disc sort of object) once you stand on it you can summon any car you have unlocked in the toybox and use it to race.

Yesterday was ny daughter's birthday so we finally cracked 3.0 and played it for about 45 minutes each night.

We haven't really gotten into the campaigns yet, mostly just tooling around in the toybox hub doing the tutorials and some of the little bonus missions and races.

Of the characters we tried so far, i think my daughter like Asoka best. And not necessarily just because she's female, but probably more so because she thinks the dual wield lightsabers are cooler. I played as Boba Fett a bit and immediately upgraded to get the jetpack capability as it didn't feel right for him not to have it. Played as Vader as well, and though he looks cool and the lightsaber throw is pretty sweet, he might be a little too much on the slow side for my liking.

I played as Boba Fett a bit and immediately upgraded to get the jetpack capability as it didn't feel right for him not to have it. Played as Vader as well, and though he looks cool and the lightsaber throw is pretty sweet, he might be a little too much on the slow side for my liking.
I use Fett and the Goblin Glider for all my Toybox amusements. Fett feels much nicer with it. I don't personally care for Vader, I feel like Anakin is the better of the two there.

I use Fett and the Goblin Glider for all my Toybox amusements. Fett feels much nicer with it. I don't personally care for Vader, I feel like Anakin is the better of the two there.
Same here. Vader didn't feel right compared to Anakin, I think he just feels a little too slow for me and I noticed his skill tree unfortunately doesn't allow for speed upgrades. Anakin's lightsaber striking combos feel a lot more crisp and efficient. But I'm going to guess Vader probably has better strength upgrades.

Toys R Us deals 10-29 thru 10-31

DI 3.0 individual figures 4 for $36

DI 1.0 and 2.0 individual figures 4 for $26

Not as good as $10 minus GCU we've seen for 3.0, but $6.50 for any 1.0 or 2.0 figure is really good in my eyes.

Went by TRU and the previous sales also had stickers up with end dates pf 10/31, specifically, single 2.0 characters were $9 each and 1.0 characters were $7 each.  

Also DI 2.0 power disc packs were 70% off, or $1.50.  Ends 10/31.

Toys R Us deals 10-29 thru 10-31

DI 3.0 individual figures 4 for $36

DI 1.0 and 2.0 individual figures 4 for $26

Not as good as $10 minus GCU we've seen for 3.0, but $6.50 for any 1.0 or 2.0 figure is really good in my eyes.
Why am I not seeing this deal? All I am seeing is that they are 7 and 9 bucks.

Ok...so I know I'm not talking about "deals", but I'm going to throw out a bit more of my opinion on this game since I just cracked it open recently.

Toy Box Takeover: This is what DI really needed. A straight-up, no limits, genre-bending mish-mash fighting mode, that doesn't put any limits on who you can use or who you will fight. It feels like a more well-done version of that Ronan Guardians of the galaxy disc that has you fighting with a sidekick for loot from 2.0. But the difference here is you get to fight a much bigger variety of enemies, the different environments help keep things fresh, and they break up the combat with some basic climbing and jumping obstacles. Huge improvement. The only thing that disappointed me was the inability to use some circular power discs, like the team-up stuff.

The New Characters: I've only tried about 6 of the new characters so far, but unlike past versions, I haven't found anyone that feels markedly shallow or crummy in comparison to their comrades. I've had more fun with certain people, sure, but I haven't stuck anyone on the base yet that made me feel like I wouldn't want to use them again. I feel like things are well rounded enough that if someone has a particular deficiency, they at least have something really effective that makes up for it in the form of a special ability or some other specific strength.

Creation: I was happy when I saw that 2.0 made it easier to throw up cities or landscapes quickly without spending hours on end in this mode, hours that I just don't have. I'm looking forward to 3.0 hopefully having even more of this "help" type of stuff, as I like designing levels but honestly just don't have the time to dedicate as much to it anymore. I know it is probably "lazy" to use those helper things, but to each his own.

Creation: I was happy when I saw that 2.0 made it easier to throw up cities or landscapes quickly without spending hours on end in this mode, hours that I just don't have. I'm looking forward to 3.0 hopefully having even more of this "help" type of stuff, as I like designing levels but honestly just don't have the time to dedicate as much to it anymore. I know it is probably "lazy" to use those helper things, but to each his own.
Have you played with the creation wands on Sidekicks in 3.0? My little idiots create some incredible things sometimes.. other times they must have been drinking on the job.

Have you played with the creation wands on Sidekicks in 3.0? My little idiots create some incredible things sometimes.. other times they must have been drinking on the job.
Lol. I saw something about it in the tutorials, but haven't gotten there yet. What I'm really hoping for is that the logic and mechanic toys that make things happen can be used a bit more fluidly. My problem with the past games is that I just couldn't memorize how to connect and make everything work and it started to get labor-intensive to keep going back to tutorials. But maybe that was because I just wasn't playing the game frequently enough to keep track of it all.

So I have a good amount of 3.0 figures and already have the base from buying 2.0. Is the playset in the starter pack any good? Because I really don't have any interest in Anakin and the other character that comes with the starter. Basically I'm wondering if I should just get the digital version or not.

[quote name="Kargg" post="12998848" timestamp="1446325651"]So I have a good amount of 3.0 figures and already have the base from buying 2.0. Is the playset in the starter pack any good? Because I really don't have any interest in Anakin and the other character that comes with the starter. Basically I'm wondering if I should just get the digital version or not.[/quote]
Hell I did but only because Wii U had it for 20 and I thought that was a good price... I would see if you can find it used first but if not might as well

I got the SW play sets at Target when they had the CW coupon. I figure I'll grab 3.0 digitally at some point. Figured I'd want until Christmas to see of 3.0 went on sale at some point. If not, $30 isn't too bad.

You can get the twilight of the republic playset piece for under $10 shipped on ebay. As long as you have one of the other characters that works with that set (Yoda?) there's no need to buy the entire 3.0 starter pack.

Interesting.  Found a bunch of SW/2.0Marvel (Kanan/Obiwan/Falcon/Yondu and a couple of others) figs in Walmarts Clearance area today.  Marked down to 9 bucks but as I recall Walmart is manager discretion so really YMMV

Ok...so I know I'm not talking about "deals", but I'm going to throw out a bit more of my opinion on this game since I just cracked it open recently.

Toy Box Takeover: This is what DI really needed. A straight-up, no limits, genre-bending mish-mash fighting mode, that doesn't put any limits on who you can use or who you will fight. It feels like a more well-done version of that Ronan Guardians of the galaxy disc that has you fighting with a sidekick for loot from 2.0. But the difference here is you get to fight a much bigger variety of enemies, the different environments help keep things fresh, and they break up the combat with some basic climbing and jumping obstacles. Huge improvement. The only thing that disappointed me was the inability to use some circular power discs, like the team-up stuff.

The New Characters: I've only tried about 6 of the new characters so far, but unlike past versions, I haven't found anyone that feels markedly shallow or crummy in comparison to their comrades. I've had more fun with certain people, sure, but I haven't stuck anyone on the base yet that made me feel like I wouldn't want to use them again. I feel like things are well rounded enough that if someone has a particular deficiency, they at least have something really effective that makes up for it in the form of a special ability or some other specific strength.

Toybox takeover was a missed opportunity. It was fun while it lasted, which wasn't long. Four worlds just isn't enough, especially when they had the opportunity to take advantage of some underutilized worlds, like Nightmare Before Christmas and Tron. The other playsets suffer simikar issues with length, and the lack of a Bespin and Rescue Han from Jabba levels really sucks (even the ancient Super Star Wars on SNES got that right). No New Game + or even the ability to start a new quest without losing your previous accomplishments is also lame. As for the characters, the Inside-Out characters are pretty lame outside their playset (though not nearly as bad as the Monsters and Toy Story characters from 1.0) and a lot of the SW figures play too similarly. Except for Zeb, they fall into two templates: lightsaber or blaster.

Walked into Toys R Us today, Marvel play sets only are 14.99. Walked over to best buy and price matched. Grabbed Spiderman and Guardians of the Galaxy. If you need them, not too bad a price. If it's already posted, apologies.

Spiderman
http://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=35447746&eESource=CA_DF:35447746:TRUS

Guardians of the Galaxy
http://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=40929486&eESource=CA_DF:40929486:TRUS
I did the same thing and Toys R Us has 2.0 figures for 5.99 and 6.99 that you could price match as well. I got hooked with 3.0 and now I have been building my 2.0 collection.

Toybox takeover was a missed opportunity. It was fun while it lasted, which wasn't long. Four worlds just isn't enough, especially when they had the opportunity to take advantage of some underutilized worlds, like Nightmare Before Christmas and Tron. The other playsets suffer simikar issues with length, and the lack of a Bespin and Rescue Han from Jabba levels really sucks (even the ancient Super Star Wars on SNES got that right). No New Game + or even the ability to start a new quest without losing your previous accomplishments is also lame. As for the characters, the Inside-Out characters are pretty lame outside their playset (though not nearly as bad as the Monsters and Toy Story characters from 1.0) and a lot of the SW figures play too similarly. Except for Zeb, they fall into two templates: lightsaber or blaster.
Yeah, well I haven't tried the inside out yet. But I find that there are enough differences between the lightsaber characters to make me prefer some over others. Same with Boba Fett vs. Chewie, Leia, etc.

Walked into Toys R Us today, Marvel play sets only are 14.99. Walked over to best buy and price matched. Grabbed Spiderman and Guardians of the Galaxy. If you need them, not too bad a price. If it's already posted, apologies.

Spiderman
http://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=35447746&eESource=CA_DF:35447746:TRUS

Guardians of the Galaxy
http://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=40929486&eESource=CA_DF:40929486:TRUS
Thanks for the tip, i was just at TRU this morning getting stuff ready to start working there, totally forgot to check their DI stuff on my way out

[quote name="deadlykittenpaws" post="13003687" timestamp="1446554672"]With GameStop dropping the vita starter to 25 it was pretty much regular price to get one anyway[/quote]
Curious to see if the new one will be any different.

is the $5 off when buying two figures at BB not stacking with GCU?  Was trying to order two of the new figures but not seeing discount.

[quote name="guyver2077" post="13003766" timestamp="1446560012"]is the $5 off when buying two figures at BB not stacking with GCU? Was trying to order two of the new figures but not seeing discount.[/quote]

Seems to be working with every figure but the new ones, may have to price adjust in-store... I hate dealing with some of those uninformed cashiers and staff...

Spiderman

Guardians of the Galaxy
Did the same thing, but also got the Avenger set with Iron Man and Black Widow

Seems to be working with every figure but the new ones, may have to price adjust in-store... I hate dealing with some of those uninformed cashiers and staff...
Thanks for the heads up. Brought two sets of figures to counter just to prove my point. And a copy of the ad for good measure. Showed cashier the discrepancy. He called manager over and argued a bit but got my discount.

is the $5 off when buying two figures at BB not stacking with GCU? Was trying to order two of the new figures but not seeing discount.
I noticed Hulkbuster and Ultron don't have the sale thing next to them....hopefully it works in store or I'll just wait. Annoying.

I have my Best Buy $5 Mystery coupon to use though.

Called over the phone to try to get them to manually take $5 off Hulknuster and Darth Maul...

Long story short, employee argued I can't get both, not true. Call dropped, called back, this person is now saying I cannot pay for Disney Infinity figures over the phone. WTF!

Don't bother calling until they fix the problem at the register level.
If you really want the discount bring the ad, different sets of figures and call for a manager override . Be polite and they are likely not to argue over 5 dollars when the figures are clearly pictured within the weekly ad.

Man it was easy for me ....showed the ad and they took off $5 . I had a harder time with the employees trying to find the figures

Spiderman

Guardians of the Galaxy
I bought playsets, figures and lots of power discs last week at TRU. Now they're all cheaper. If I take the receipts back to TRU, do you think they will adjust the price and give me back the difference? It adds up to at least $20 difference, but it definitely seems like a pain to do.

Went into the store hoping for the best, took Hulbuster Iron Man, Ultron, Darth Maul and Sam Flynn (I know he's not new but didnt have him and not interested in Spot) took them to the register and the girl seemed just annoyed of life, ring them up and gave me a total od about $60 (retail +tax) didnt even bother to ask for phone# or anything, had to ask for her to take my number for GCU, then discount applied (just the 20%) and I mentioned the ad deal, she had it right there on the counter, looked at it and with not the best attitude took $5 off, gave me a new total, I made a poont of how I had 4 figs and that should be $5 for each 2, she argued that it was a one discount per transaction thing, had to make 2 transactions but she applied a $5 discount per piece LOL, first set came to be $13 and change, for the second one she did exactly the same plus I had the mystery reward thing (of course $5 off like most who got it) and ended up paying $6 some for that set...
$20 for 4 figs (including 3 newly released ones) seems like a good deal for me, didnt really feel bad for her because of her attitude at the start, even though she was cool at the end and apologized... I guess we are even.

bread's done
Back