Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a shitload of unused codes lying around as well. I have given a few away already, but still have some good stuff left. Down to give them away for free, or take extra ultraviolet movie codes off your hands in exchange if you so desire. :)

I have a shitload of unused codes lying around as well. I have given a few away already, but still have some good stuff left. Down to give them away for free, or take extra ultraviolet movie codes off your hands in exchange if you so desire. :)
I'd take some extra online codes you might have. That'll help me justify buying characters used. I'd offer you ultraviolet codes but I don't have any. Hey if someone else offers though, throw the codes their way no worries.

Side note: what's the cheapest way to get Yoda FX? Has Target put him on sale yet or is $15 just the price I'll have to pay?

Does anyone know how much disney infinity 3.0 disc trades in for at Gamestop.
I was thinking about buying the digital
I wanted to do the same thing and was offered $8 at GS today. Best Buy doesn't have it listed on their website but I might check with them tomorrow.

I'd take some extra online codes you might have. That'll help me justify buying characters used. I'd offer you ultraviolet codes but I don't have any. Hey if someone else offers though, throw the codes their way no worries.

Side note: what's the cheapest way to get Yoda FX? Has Target put him on sale yet or is $15 just the price I'll have to pay?
It was $11.24 last week :p

If you have any Star Wars codes I'd love to take a few off your hands: my son just got Kanan and is really enjoying the game on PC. Is can check when I get home to see what UV codes I have at home from Christmas.

Btw, just to doublecheck - I just upgraded to an Xbox One. Am I correct that I can't use my DI 1.0 mission bases anywhere except on my Xbox 360 since they never made 1.0 for the PS4/Xbox One? I know I can use all the figures in the Toybox.

Playsets in general, will only work on the game that they were released for. I do believe that they unlock items for you to use in the toybox if you scan them into the newer games. But, I only own 2.0, so I'm not sure.

Yes, dropping a playset piece down from 1.0 on the newer versions does indeed unlock the items from that playset, but you can't actually play the campaign.

They didn't make DI 1.0 for the PS4 or XB1, so the answer would be yes you need a 360 to play those playsets, the one exception being that if MS allows DI 1.0 to work on XB1 via backwards compatibility, then maybe possibly you would be able to play it on that system.

Got my first Light FX figure today (Yoda) and while it is cool there is no way I'd rebuy the figures just for that purpose... although i do have OCD so I might have to just to complete the Hall of Heroes

Question: Does anyone own 3.0 on multiple consoles I been thinking about getting the digital copy on the Xbox One (since it's on sale) because it's now the main console in my living room but I already own it on Wii U.... Besides the base thing, are there any differences graphics wise? Or game play wise? Should I even do it? Lol

Yes, dropping a playset piece down from 1.0 on the newer versions does indeed unlock the items from that playset, but you can't actually play the campaign.

They didn't make DI 1.0 for the PS4 or XB1, so the answer would be yes you need a 360 to play those playsets, the one exception being that if MS allows DI 1.0 to work on XB1 via backwards compatibility, then maybe possibly you would be able to play it on that system.
Microsoft currently cannot provide Xbox One backward compatibility for any Xbox 360 games that require USB devices because the emulation software was not written to access USB (see http://www.pcworld.com/article/2936263/microsoft-kills-kinect-support-in-xbox-ones-backward-compatibility-push.html).

Apparently the emulator was pretty hard to write and the biggest peripheral would likely be the Kinect. But then they would need to compensate for differences in the 360 Kinect vs the One Kinect and that is likely a bigger can of worms then they are willing to deal with.

I'm betting Disney would introduce backward playset compatibility or port DI 1.0 to Xbox One somehow before Microsoft would be able to do it from there side. But I don't think it makes economic sense for Disney to do it either. I'm still holding out hope that Disney may one day upgrade the 1.0 characters to be more 2.0/3.0 like with special moves and combos instead of making you use packs and tools to compensate, but they'll likely repose as new figure/variants and release them again to recoup that development cost if they ever decide that there is enough demand for it.

Question: Does anyone own 3.0 on multiple consoles I been thinking about getting the digital copy on the Xbox One (since it's on sale) because it's now the main console in my living room but I already own it on Wii U.... Besides the base thing, are there any differences graphics wise? Or game play wise? Should I even do it? Lol
Besides needing an Xbox One specific base, the PS4 and Xbox One consoles have more RAM so it allows for better performance in bigger toy boxes. They also put some features only in the PS4 and Xbox One versions like the Ewok Village showing up in the Toy Box Hub after completing some tasks (https://infinity.disney.com/en-nz/community/forums/289-3-0-known-issues/topics/7683-ewok-village). I thought I read somewhere that Jabba's Palace will also appear in the Toy Box Hub on PS4/Xbox One after completing the RATE playset, but I can't find the reference. And I think the biggest issue is that Toy Box Speedway is limited to 4 racers compared to 6 racers for the PS4/Xbox One (https://www.reddit.com/r/Disney_Infinity/comments/3p05uh/toybox_speedway_difficulty_setting/).

Not to mention load times for the physical disc version on Wii U are horrid I've heard because the Wii U can't install the game to internal memory. You'd be slightly better off with the digital version on Wii U.

All this is making me want to get a PS4 in addition to my Xbox 360.

[quote name="telamon" post="13131010" timestamp="1451546630"]All this is making me want to get a PS4 in addition to my Xbox 360.[/quote]Ya I knew about the specific base (got that on lock at my local Gamestop) but I didn't know about the extra places that didn't exist in the wii u version.... You definitely have me wanting to own another copy for my Xbox one (my Wii U version was digital btw.... $15 must be my sweet spot for this title) Thanks for all the information:):)

Yes, there are differences between the WiiU 3.0 and the XBO/PS4.

These include Ewok Village and speedway (as mentioned) but also the size of your custom Toyboxes (meaning the amount of stuff you can put in each one).

Once I switched over from WiiU (1.0, 2.0) to the PS4 (2.0, 3.0) I've not looked back. Besides, the controls for things on PS4 make way more sense for things like Flying helocopters and the like. IMO.

Would you guys recommend using the PS3 or WiiU (don't have a PS4 yet, probably won't until July at the earliest) for 3.0?

Picked up a Light FX Luke after my playset Luke's Lightsaber fell off (lol) and it's a lot brighter than my Darth Vader Light FX's lightsaber. Anyone else notice this? Maybe just depends on the figure you get.

I can't seem to find a reasonably priced Spider-Man playset. I know I've seen them for $15, but now it is out of stock anywhere it was less than $30.

[quote name="KemperJones" post="13133987" timestamp="1451705591"]I can't seem to find a reasonably priced Spider-Man playset. I know I've seen them for $15, but now it is out of stock anywhere it was less than $30.[/quote]
No idea why but Spider-Man playset and character are just rare now so good luck trying to find it hopefully we get more stock or something closer to battlegrounds release (besides black Spider-Man)

So I just finished Rise Against The Empire playset an hour or so ago. Just wondering for everyone else who's played through it was anyone else been really disappointed with it? It wasn't bad by any means but compared to Twilight it just seemed a lot worse. Also seemed a lot shorter. The whole story changes were really frustrating too. Again I didn't find it bad, and I definitely enjoyed it but Twilight definitely set my expectations for it way higher. I don't own Han nor Chewbacca and I didn't feel like I missed anything by not owning them. I don't even remember any missions that required them. Very weird.

Anyways on to TFA. Hopefully that one will be more similar to Twilight style than RAtE.  

So I just finished Rise Against The Empire playset an hour or so ago. Just wondering for everyone else who's played through it was anyone else been really disappointed with it? It wasn't bad by any means but compared to Twilight it just seemed a lot worse. Also seemed a lot shorter. The whole story changes were really frustrating too. Again I didn't find it bad, and I definitely enjoyed it but Twilight definitely set my expectations for it way higher. I don't own Han nor Chewbacca and I didn't feel like I missed anything by not owning them. I don't even remember any missions that required them. Very weird.

Anyways on to TFA. Hopefully that one will be more similar to Twilight style than RAtE.
It is more similar to Twilight, and follows the plot of the film more closely, with far fewer plot alterations, and no major areas skipped, unlike Rise's missing Bespin, Dagobah (which would be hard to justify with all figures plotwise) and the Jabba rescue. Even the SNES games featured these levels! Yeah, they want Jabba to stick around as a mission giver, but the "mystery object" quest he gives you is stupid, and not worth missing out on blowing him up, not to mention it makes Leia's Bausch costume power disc pointless.

It is more similar to Twilight, and follows the plot of the film more closely, with far fewer plot alterations, and no major areas skipped, unlike Rise's missing Bespin, Dagobah (which would be hard to justify with all figures plotwise) and the Jabba rescue. Even the SNES games featured these levels! Yeah, they want Jabba to stick around as a mission giver, but the "mystery object" quest he gives you is stupid, and not worth missing out on blowing him up, not to mention it makes Leia's Bausch costume power disc pointless.
I mean it just seemed so weird. I hadn't even taken into consideration that but you're absolutely right. Bausch outfit has no need to exist in the game. Honestly I would have been fine with leaving some content out if the rest of the plot was fine, but they chopped and mixed the hell out of it to make it a real weird mash of the movies and it just was not great.

I mean it was hilarious to me that on Endor an Ewok says something referencing the golden god, but they left ya know all of C3PO and the entirety of the arrival on Endor out of the game. Just really strange how they did it. Glad to hear TFA is much more spot on to the film.

Total side note: Lando has like the worst voice acting I've heard in so long in Rise. Did this bother anyone else? Lando is one of if not my favorite character and Rise just fuck ruined him.

What do you guys think of the Windows/Steam version of DI 3.0? It's listed as free. Since my kids have the Wii U version, I can use the online codes that come with the cards. Gameplay wise, how does it compare to the console versions? I already know that you don't use the base or figures so that's not an issue. 

Also, would anyone have an extra Obi-wan code they're willing to spare? In the Christmas clean up, I think it was thrown out by accident. We have an extra yoda code we can trade.

Thanks!

Total side note: Lando has like the worst voice acting I've heard in so long in Rise. Did this bother anyone else? Lando is one of if not my favorite character and Rise just fuck ruined him.
No one can replicate Lando's smooth talking like Billy Dee Williams himself.

Han and Luke had good sound-alikes, and while their Vader is off, as it's impossible to replicate James Earl Jones, it's not nearly as distractingly bad as their Lando. Leia doesn't sound like Carrie Fisher, and doesn't try to, and as a result, fits in. Lando's actor tries to sound like him, and does a very bad impersonation, the sort you might see on a Saturday Night Live skit.

No one can replicate Lando's smooth talking like Billy Dee Williams himself.
True, but Rogue Leader (a GC launch title) gave us a passable stand-in; at least he wasn't bad to the point of distraction.

I mean it just seemed so weird. I hadn't even taken into consideration that but you're absolutely right. Bausch outfit has no need to exist in the game. Honestly I would have been fine with leaving some content out if the rest of the plot was fine, but they chopped and mixed the hell out of it to make it a real weird mash of the movies and it just was not great.

I mean it was hilarious to me that on Endor an Ewok says something referencing the golden god, but they left ya know all of C3PO and the entirety of the arrival on Endor out of the game. Just really strange how they did it. Glad to hear TFA is much more spot on to the film.

Lando cracked my girlfriend and I up. He has what has to be hands-down the worst voice acting in the entirety of DI. His delivery is weird and the fact that he starts out doing a vague Jamaican accent and then flows into a stereotypical New Yorker accent is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Seriously, I can't even unhear it. The terribleness just fills my ears. Also, anyone else like how in the cinematic at the beginning of the second Death Star run he isn't there, but that he randomly shows up at the end in the cockpit?

What do you guys think of the Windows/Steam version of DI 3.0? It's listed as free. Since my kids have the Wii U version, I can use the online codes that come with the cards. Gameplay wise, how does it compare to the console versions? I already know that you don't use the base or figures so that's not an issue.

Also, would anyone have an extra Obi-wan code they're willing to spare? In the Christmas clean up, I think it was thrown out by accident. We have an extra yoda code we can trade.

Thanks!
The PC version is more or less just like the consoles, except characters are selected from a menu, rather than a physical base and figures. How good an experience depends on your computer; it's a lot more demanding than the graphics justify. I've heard (but have not yet confirmed) that if you enter your codes through Steam, rather than the address they tell you to go to on the back of each card, it will unlock the figures in both the Steam and Disney Download versions, but if you enter it into the Disney site first, you can't have it on Steam.

I've heard (but have not yet confirmed) that if you enter your codes through Steam, rather than the address they tell you to go to on the back of each card, it will unlock the figures in both the Steam and Disney Download versions, but if you enter it into the Disney site first, you can't have it on Steam.
This is NOT true.

As soon as you log into your Disney account it links to the Steam and you get everything you've unlocked on your account (including the power discs).

True, but Rogue Leader (a GC launch title) gave us a passable stand-in; at least he wasn't bad to the point of distraction.
It's actually the same guy. Maybe he's just gotten worse at voice acting.

I don't know why they didn't just get Billy Dee Williams to do it, since he's been voicing the character on Star Wars Rebels.

I think im quitting the DI game I want to unload my bundle make offers... will get a pic.. 14 figures, 2 playsets, toybox take over expansion,base, and 3.0 PS4 game,,,    Obi Wan and Yoda are light FX

261ezvq.jpg

I think im quitting the DI game I want to unload my bundle make offers... will get a pic.. 14 figures, 2 playsets, toybox take over expansion,base, and 3.0 PS4 game,,, Obi Wan and Yoda are light FX
What made you quit so suddenly? You must've gotten the FX figures very recently... Then poof?

I dont know I think Id rather spend the money on more collectible items..
Like what? Everything is made in china, mass produced (or pirated) garbage anymore.

It's becoming more or less personal asthetic than it is actual collecting anymore.

And with the exception of one or two rare-r figures... they've certainly not done anything like super rare colored skylanders and such. ever

Are you people really getting defensive over someone giving up on these things?
I was just asking. It's not like you not purchasing one of each figure is going to impact us. Some people collect these, some play these, I have shelves that (once my kids loses interest) these can be displayed next to my Monster Hunter beasts collections. But everyone has their own thing.

What I took your phrase to mean was something wherein the value would go up over time. That's where I use the term "collectible" especially when paired with the word "more". Otherwise you could easily collect bottle caps, baseball cards, etc. But, as I pointed out, the market is becoming overly saturated with "special editions" and "limited release" and "store exclusives" to the point their worthless.

Hell, lets look at comics for an example. I have the entire "death of superman" collection. Every comic, mint condition, bagged and boarded. Every special edition, every collector's item released with the set. I think only 1 or 2 of all of those comics are worth anything. And the set as a whole on EBay is a laughable price.

And those are antiques now.

I was just asking. It's not like you not purchasing one of each figure is going to impact us. Some people collect these, some play these, I have shelves that (once my kids loses interest) these can be displayed next to my Monster Hunter beasts collections. But everyone has their own thing.

What I took your phrase to mean was something wherein the value would go up over time. That's where I use the term "collectible" especially when paired with the word "more". Otherwise you could easily collect bottle caps, baseball cards, etc. But, as I pointed out, the market is becoming overly saturated with "special editions" and "limited release" and "store exclusives" to the point their worthless.

Hell, lets look at comics for an example. I have the entire "death of superman" collection. Every comic, mint condition, bagged and boarded. Every special edition, every collector's item released with the set. I think only 1 or 2 of all of those comics are worth anything. And the set as a whole on EBay is a laughable price.

And those are antiques now.
There are only around ten Action Comics number one known to exist, and the initial run back in 1938 was about a thousand. I remember with Death of Superman, everyone said those issues would be valuable, so they were sold out everywhere on day one. Entire allotments were often bought out by single individuals (some things never change), and many comic stores (back when those still existed) didn't even put them on the shelf, instead putting them immediately under the glass cases, with all the other comics that were worth something, priced at a huge markup. I bet just about every single issue of Death of Superman is still in pristine condition.

I'm on the super late train to this DI business.
With the recent sale I was thinking about possibly buying in for XB1. 

My only question is, can you play as characters without having to buy them to place on the base? (IE unlock them or just DLC etc) This is new weird territory for me. lol

bread's done
Back