Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bummer that you need the corresponding disc/software version for playsets making it impossible to play first edition content on next gen systems; I wonder if Disney will eventually update subsequent packages for playset levels to be forwards compatible at some point.
The 1.0 content is really cool. Incredibles is fun. Pirates is really awesome (I didn't expect to also be able to sail ships). The add ons are of relatively high quality, too and has a few really fun parts. Radiator springs is okay, Toy story in space is clever but a bit tedious. Lone Ranger is basically a kid friendly rip off on red dead redemption.

All of this is really targeted at young kids though. If you're playing 2 player with a little one, it's a blast. If you're an adult player I'm sure you'll find it way too easy.

[Including prior edition playsets as forward compatible] would be near impossible due to the actual size of the content. Characters take a good bit of space but nothing compares to the amount of space the playsets take.

Disney Intetactive knew this which is why they at least give you toybox unlocks when you use the older playsets.
I suppose that's true but even if older playset levels wouldnt fit on a blu disc hypothetically space could be managed by downloadable content.

That reminds me to unlock my 2.0 toybox content in 3.0.

The original Lone Ranger playset piece was the one with the tomahawk and the pistol. After several sports teams were questioned about their team name, DI decided to quietly replace the tomahawk with a double pistol. The tomahawk variation was out longer and there is a good chance when you find a used one you will find it with a tomahawk and pistol. When you find the Long Ranger playset in stores it will almost certainly come with a playset piece that has double pistols.
According to Disney Infinity reps, the double pistols came out first, then they changed one to a tomahawk to conform to the fact you have two different weapons.

On the WiiU the 1.0 software is a free download. After getting the Star Wars sets at Christmas the little one wanted to play the Cars and Incredible's , buddy at local gaming store said I can use the base with the WiiU and download the software as he had loose Incredible game piece and Mr. Incredible. Took both home and do' don the WiiU and works perfectly just have to unplug base from PS4 into the WiiU.

The original Lone Ranger playset piece was the one with the tomahawk and the pistol. After several sports teams were questioned about their team name, DI decided to quietly replace the tomahawk with a double pistol. The tomahawk variation was out longer and there is a good chance when you find a used one you will find it with a tomahawk and pistol. When you find the Long Ranger playset in stores it will almost certainly come with a playset piece that has double pistols.
Tomahawk in a crest w/ a gun = bad. White guy dressed up as an indian w/ a tomahawk = okay.

I picked up the Infinity Vader Console bundle on Sunday. Kind of confused on why they would include the everything in the Saga set except for the TotR playset, but regardless, now that I own 3 SW figures I'm kind of itching for more now. I'm not really a fan of the clone wars show, so I may be better off just sticking with the stuff for 4-7.

Tomahawk in a crest w/ a gun = bad. White guy dressed up as an indian w/ a tomahawk = okay.

I picked up the Infinity Vader Console bundle on Sunday. Kind of confused on why they would include the everything in the Saga set except for the TotR playset, but regardless, now that I own 3 SW figures I'm kind of itching for more now. I'm not really a fan of the clone wars show, so I may be better off just sticking with the stuff for 4-7.
I did the same thing. I ended up just biting the bullet and bought all the star wars based stuff so I had a full collection of that.

With these figures being on sale for 10$ at Best Buy starting on the 17th, Toys R Us should match light fx Vader, right? Almost bought it the other day but 15$ is just a bit much.

Don't listen to these naysayers. If you grab the light fx vader off the shelf at bb and show them the tru ad at CS and they should pm it for you...

You got the stores mixed but that's what I'm hoping for. I wasn't sure if they had different UPCs or if that even mattered.
Of course they'll have different UPCs, but unless the UPCs are in the ad (which they rarely are) that shouldn't matter. What will is if the clerk knows the FX Vader is a TRU exclusive. Most won't, but sometimes managers are savvy on such things. Still it's worth a shot, especially if they're busy. If there's a line behind you, they tend to just honor the ad and get you out of there.

Did you get the Vader infinity console bundle at Walmart? Was it $399 or $339?

What's the Walmart SKU? I thought they were pretty much universally sold out. Tried to use brickseek with the online SKU and it never reports back any stock info.

Thank you. I'm definitely using the Boba Fett insert. I wish I had another one of these base protectors for my 360 base. I'd use the spiderman/venom one. The protector is just annoying sometimes when power discs get stuck in there.
That is true, a little annoying, but not terrible. I have 6 of the Play N Store kits from GameStop (3 stacks of 4) and one base on top of each. Overall i like the look of it.

xinQesR.jpg

that is pretty awesome, and carnage in front makes me happy, always has been one of my favorite spider-man characters.
Carnage is my favorite comic book character. Don't know what that says about. My mental state...but whatever. I met Stan Lee many many years ago and had him sign my Maximum Carnage #1

wow, thats amazing.

carnage has always been one of my favorites as well, i have other favorites, but as far as the spidey universe goes, carnage is my all time favorite.

i used to have a card i got from a friend that showed carnage killing spiderman, had something on the back saying something to the effect spiderman tracked him to a warehouse and they fought but only carnage was seen leaving, had a really raw and energetic art style, i wish i still had it, i treasured that card for years.

Gamestop has Boba Fett up as a pre-owned on their website. It's $14, which is probably the same price as the new one when it comes out, but their "buy two get three free" still applies.

We've been lucky with getting codes for people we needed for the tablet version . We got a few extra for the holidays.

If any Cag needs here are some codes

Dash - T48DXCMSPJGQ

Sorcerer Mickey - D99SDCNMJHN7

Enjoy ! :)

Gamestop has Boba Fett up as a pre-owned on their website. It's $14, which is probably the same price as the new one when it comes out, but their "buy two get three free" still applies.
this offer apply on newer figures as well or just used?

We've been lucky with getting codes for people we needed for the tablet version . We got a few extra for the holidays.

If any Cag needs here are some codes

Dash - T48DXCMSPJGQ

Sorcerer Mickey - D99SDCNMJHN7

Enjoy ! :)
Thanks! My daughter will dig playing with these.

thanks for the info, Im going to order some figures, $5 each sound a good deal? Is a pain that they dont stack free shipping so I need to pay it -.-
Use coupon code saver if the order is more then $25. If you get everything you want and it is less then $25 then buy filler new item and return to a local gs.

$5 per figure is the best price for 3.0 for sure and usually the best price for 2.0 and 1.0

TRU and BBY have had sales resulting in them being $2 to $3 each new, but that is rare.

Use coupon code saver if the order is more then $25. If you get everything you want and it is less then $25 then buy filler new item and return to a local gs.

$5 per figure is the best price for 3.0 for sure and usually the best price for 2.0 and 1.0

TRU and BBY have had sales resulting in them being $2 to $3 each new, but that is rare.
wow, thanks for your help, Im going to keep on eye all those deals at my local tru and BBY and of course here xD. Thanks again

Just grabbed a Boba Fett from Amazon Warehouse Deals for $11.89. Says its factory sealed, hope it's legit!

Worth keeping an eye out if they're getting returns or breaking out saga bundles.

Did you get the Vader infinity console bundle at Walmart? Was it $399 or $339?

What's the Walmart SKU? I thought they were pretty much universally sold out. Tried to use brickseek with the online SKU and it never reports back any stock info.
It was $399. The website lists two different SKU's (one dead, one live). The one at the link below is the good one:

http://checkinventory.site44.com?site=W&sku=47079023

Well the sealed Boba Fett is fetching average $50 on eBay since it's exclusive to the PS4 complete set, as they keep pushing back the release of him.

Well the sealed Boba Fett is fetching average $50 on eBay since it's exclusive to the PS4 complete set, as they keep pushing back the release of him.
I found one a couple of weeks ago at a GS store where someone just traded in the entire saga edition. Bought the 2 playsets, Leia, Ashoka and Boba for $26...

I finally received the Spider-Man/Nova set, from Overstock, and I'm not sure what's going on. Very disappointed about the tear in the cardboard on the top right.

Gqeg5IR.jpg

Y'all see the new Marvel pics? Black Panther, especially, looks rad. I'll get him and Ant-Man and Vision, for sure. There's a Baloo coming, too!

Baloo is kind of an odd choice. Really hope by 4.0 they work out the gameplay for 4 legged characters so we can get Simba ... maybe throw in some underwater levels too with Nemo or Ariel or something too.

Oh and more Nightmare Before Christmas figures like Oogie Boogie or Santa Jack as a holiday variant.

Baloo is kind of an odd choice. Really hope by 4.0 they work out the gameplay for 4 legged characters so we can get Simba ... maybe throw in some underwater levels too with Nemo or Ariel or something too.

Oh and more Nightmare Before Christmas figures like Oogie Boogie or Santa Jack as a holiday variant.
There's a 2.0 costume disc for Santa Jack :p

So any clue who the other character with Captain America in the Battleground? Since the other new Marvel characters are shown on card, it probably someone not leaked. Hoping it Scarlet Witch, who was the rumored with Vision and Antman.

What's the deal with Disney Infinity Speedway. I saw that it's $10 at GS which is a decent enough price, but at the same time I'm just one person and it's not often I'd have someone else to race against? Is it still worth picking up or is it not worth it as someone who primarily plays solo?

bread's done
Back