Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Only having 1 included figure (and a re-released character at that) is disappointing but if the level content itself is meaty then I wouldn't necessarily be bummed out.  Ability to play with more than 2 players is itself a nice perk and it is refreshing to see 2.0 characters put to renewed use (something DI really needs to do more is incorporate levels with older characters).  

Well... Marvel Battlegrounds claims to allow for 4 players so it seems like that would require an additional hardware piece for placement of up to 4 Disney Infinity figures; aside from a 4 slot base I'm not sure how else they would manage (maybe you could 'scan' pieces then remove them but that would diminish the 'toys to life' vibe some) so maybe that accounts for some of the cost.  Hopefully that's included but I don't see how from the picture so maybe that's a separate purchase.  Has any information been released about expansion for 4 toys?

I imagine it's scan and remove or something similar. It's $30 for the games piece and captain America though. I think I'll wait for it to be $20

It was already announced that the 4 player feature would be enabled by scanning players into memory. Keep in mind that this is more than likely just for that play session, not permanent.

$30 for an alternate figure, a playset piece, and a 2.0 figure that I already have is a pretty bad deal. I usually pick up most figures and playsets at launch, but I might wait for a better deal to come along as this is pretty ridiculous, IMO.

just got an email for Disney Infinity Day from GameStop on 1/23... anyone know whats up with this? probably a waste of time but figured i would ask 

nvm just didnt scroll down far enough

Almost wish they would have packaged Black Suit Spiderman with the Battlegrounds set along with Captain America and made it $39.99. Or packaged with Black Suit Spidey for $29.99 and made the Captain America a freebie via mail in only if you buy the Battlegrounds set.

After ordering it a week ago and not shipping, the Boba Fett used figure was cancelled. A bummer, but the order was part of a "Buy 2 Get 3 Free" order, and the other four figures (Woody, Buzz, Jessie, and Hulk) costed $12 after shipping. So I am not complaining on that part.

Interesting ... all the listings for Boba Fett just disappeared on Amazon. Looks like the figure may be getting close to getting a pre-order page ... then again, black suit spider-man is still listed with independent sellers ... so who knows.

Not sure if anyone else saw, but TRU and Gamestop are having deals on Saturday.

GameStop:

[SIZE=10.5pt]- Free 1.0/2.0 Disney Infinity Power Disc Pack with purchase of any Disney Infinity Product over $20 retail price)
- Pre-Order Disney Infinity 3.0: Marvel Battlegrounds Playset to receive a Free Disney Infinity: Marvel Character
- Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter Packs $44.99
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]- Disney Infinity 3.0 Playsets $29.99[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]- Disney Infinity 3.0 Power Discs $4.99[/SIZE] 
[SIZE=10.5pt]- Disney Infinity 2.0 Starter Packs - $34.99[/SIZE] 
[SIZE=10.5pt]- Disney Infinity 2.0 Playsets - $14.99
- Disney Infinity 1.0 & 2.0 Characters Start at $6.99
- Disney Infinity 3.0 Toybox - $9.99
Includes:
Takeover
[/SIZE] 
[SIZE=10.5pt]Speedway[/SIZE]

TRU:

-50% off all playsets

-$39.99 3.0 Starter Packs

-2 for $17 all 3.0 figures

Not bad deals. It'll be my birthday and though I had planned on staying in all day, I will be heading out early to grab a Force Awakens playset at TRU and probably some power discs at Gamestop. I wish GS was just selling Toybox Speedway separately for $4.99. I already have Takeover, so I don't need a 2 pack of them.

Not seeing much in the Gamestop ad myself. DI 3.0 playsets were $10 off just the other week at Best Buy and Target, so $29.99 isn't that great of a deal imo. Their Marvel Battlegrounds Playset is priced $5 more than anyone else. Other than the 2.0 playsets, the price on the 3.0 power discs is the only "deal" I see and they have been that price for weeks.

Also, the 2.0 starter packs are $24.99 at TRU.

those TRU deals sound tempting, thinking of the force awakens playset. Are these for saturday only? was this advertised somewhere?

I wish GS was just selling Toybox Speedway separately for $4.99. I already have Takeover, so I don't need a 2 pack of them.
It isn't a double pack. It's $10 each (MSRP of $20). They have been this price before so nothing special, but a good chance for others to get it. BBY even had it for $10 ($8 GCU)

What's going on with the Amazon preorder for battlegrounds? It says 2 figures in the description. Are they offering a free one like best buy and game stop?

Maybe it's greedy, but I wish the offer was Any Marvel figure and not any Marvel 2.0 figure ... Would order immediately if I could get the Hulkbuster figure with the set ... but holding off for right now and may end up waiting for reviews.

"Marvel Battlegrounds is a four-player, arcade-style brawler" . . . 12 levels, 8 arenas . . . levels and arenas are generally found in different types of games, so what do we have here, Final Fight (levels), or something more akin to the Powerstone games (arenas)?

Maybe it's greedy, but I wish the offer was Any Marvel figure and not any Marvel 2.0 figure ... Would order immediately if I could get the Hulkbuster figure with the set ... but holding off for right now and may end up waiting for reviews.
I'm with you on this one - with all the clearances over the holidays, who doesn't own all the Marvel 2.0 by now? Those new figures look awesome! I don't know much about the Black Panther, but his figure sure looks badass! Ant-Man also looks promising.

If the TRU deal actually means all 3.0 figs, probably a good time to pick up the Vader FX if my local one has it, and basically grab another fig for another $1, haha.

Yeah I need to grab another Vader FX, his lightsaber doesn't glow half as bright as my other Anakin, or Luke. :(
It may not help. From some of the teardown reports, they use an LED that is the same color as the lightsaber blade. This works awesome for Yoda's green lightsaber and decently for all the ones with blue, but red LED + red transparent plastic just kills light. They should have used a white LED with the red blade to make it pop more. Maybe they'll do that with Kylo if he comes out like the rumors say.

Reposting again since it was largely lost when the stupid hacking happened the other day. I want to get trade some of the digital codes I have extras for the colors I got used. There no thread in master trading, and while I posted it in the Power Disc thread, there was no hits there.

Have:

Rocket Racoon

Jack Skeleton

Eliza

Anna

Venom

Wreck It Ralph

Vanellope

Groot

Thor

Want:

Davy Jones

Ashoka and Anakin, either the playset version or the 3.0 set. (I got the game digitally on the PSN so I don't have a code for it)

Starlord and Gamora

Hulk

Iron Fist

Violet

If anyone doesn't keep the cards, I've picked up some figures at GameStop I'd like to have the card for, doesn't matter if code has been used or not.

Saturday Jan 23 Infinity deal
TRU:
-50% off all playsets
-2 for $17 all 3.0 figure

Will these deals be in place online? Nearest TRU is an hour away and the snowstorm in Virginia and Tennessee, roads might not be in any way to try going.

TRU:
-50% off all playsets

Will these deals be in place online? Nearest TRU is an hour away and the snowstorm in Virginia and Tennessee, roads might not be in any way to try going.
Infinity Inquirer said the deals would be available both online and in store, so shouldn't be a problem.

It may not help. From some of the teardown reports, they use an LED that is the same color as the lightsaber blade. This works awesome for Yoda's green lightsaber and decently for all the ones with blue, but red LED + red transparent plastic just kills light. They should have used a white LED with the red blade to make it pop more. Maybe they'll do that with Kylo if he comes out like the rumors say.
Ah, thanks for the info. Bummer though, really love the red.

TRU:
-50% off all playsets

Wow, the play sets are $17.99, that beats the Best Buy deal with GCU.

Thisnsuggests the Gamestop "Disney Infinity Day" deals will be live for abojt a month - http://www.mommyfactor.net/2016/01/gamestop-hosts-disney-infinity-day-2016.html?m=1' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'> http://www.mommyfactor.net/2016/01/gamestop-hosts-disney-infinity-day-2016.html?m=1
Not sure if anyone else saw, but TRU and Gamestop are having deals on Saturday.

GameStop:- Disney Infinity 3.0 Power Discs $4.99...
Bummer this Gamestop power disc discount doesnt seem to be online.

bread's done
Back